PDA

View Full Version : Wheel or rim repair?

BlueDevil
Mon Nov 14th, 2005, 07:26 AM
Well got her back together finally last night and found out there is some slight damage to the front rim. Not dramatic but enough to throw off the front end and brakes. The rotors seem to test straight but rim has slight warp in it. Id like to just get a new set of rims or at least a new stock front. The rear is fine. But I have to way the costs before I bother. A new rim will cost me and Im hearing that sometime they can repair minor damage for relatively inexpensive.

So what have you had for experience? Im hearing Woodys Wheels? Anyone use them? What is your experience? Price, and confidence when racing on a rim that has been repaired? Ill be on the look out for a new rim as well but Its hard to trust rims on line unless U know the rider. Dont want to pay for a rim only to find out its worse than the one I have... Ya know?

Also for any of you 03/04 R6 owners or sellers..... I may need to buy. I searched the for sale but if U were thinking of selling, let me know....
Need a stock front rim and rotors for sure. MUST be straight. Got to be kinda cheep or I cant bother till Spring.......

If price is right I may get a full set and have a back up rear....

Mista Black
Mon Nov 14th, 2005, 07:41 AM
i use woody's exclusively. period. unless they close shop i will never use anyone else. and i know people from around the country who will ship them wheels for repair rather than use a local place (to them)

Buddau
Sun Nov 27th, 2005, 03:57 PM
I have a big hammer and a vise you can borrow!
Woody's is the way to go.