PDA

View Full Version : SLIPPER CLUTCH ???

Devil954
Mon Oct 20th, 2003, 11:34 PM
I WAS WONDERING IF ANYBODY HAS CHANGED OUT A STOCK FOR A SLIPPER CLUTCH AND WHAT IT COST TO DO IT :?

Bryce
Tue Oct 21st, 2003, 12:05 AM
anywhere in the range between $500-600 to several thousand

Devil954
Tue Oct 21st, 2003, 04:14 PM
oh well guess I will just have to go back to my true calling and get another kawi :|

Anonymous
Tue Oct 21st, 2003, 04:33 PM
For that kind of money I'll just learn some throttle control... :idea:

Devil954
Tue Oct 21st, 2003, 09:22 PM
You mean brake control :idea: It woul shure be nice to be able to kick down 2 or 3 gears off of a long straight and just ease into a corner without having to jam the brakes :D

scud
Tue Oct 21st, 2003, 09:46 PM
I always thought it was clutch control. Bang down two or three gears going into the corner under braking and and slip the clutch to not overrev or jerk the rear loose.

Anonymous
Tue Oct 21st, 2003, 10:12 PM
I always thought it was clutch control. Bang down two or three gears going into the corner under braking and and slip the clutch to not overrev or jerk the rear loose.

Or match your throttle with the expected RPM as you let out the clutch, so you spend less time playing with the lever on the left and more time worrying about how much faster you're now going into that corner. ;)

Devil954
Tue Oct 21st, 2003, 10:52 PM
I dont know but I have skipped pretty bad a few times from downshifting there are times when you cant match the rpm's in time (my fault) but talking with people who have slipper clutches they say it is way easier to bring your speed down . half the effort . I ask a tech question and everybody implies that I cant ride :P :lol:

Anonymous
Tue Oct 21st, 2003, 11:04 PM
Half the effort, 4 times the cost. Just depends on what comes easier to you. ;) And yeah I've skipped bad too, though I found that working on that for a while helps. I.e. when you ride a track for practice, you should be picking an area - like say a turn entry point, line, or corner speed, etc. So instead, screw the corners, and concentrate on rapidly downshifting without or with minimally chattering the back end. It takes a lot of work but eventually gets easier. At SCR I had MV's 750 bouncing worse than a rabbit on crack for a while but once I figured out why, it settled down and I was able to brake until the back came off the ground practically without chatter, coming in from 5th gear WOT down the straight.

Believe me I'd love a slipper too, but until I'm good enough to afford it, I'll just work on my technique. :)

Hozerking
Tue Oct 21st, 2003, 11:22 PM
http://www.azionemoto.com/ -- them are some pretty clutches! ... too bad there is not one for the RC, only for gixxer1k and R1 and some ducs and aprillias

droool -- http://www.radioparadise.com/modules/Forums/images/smiles/icon_notworthy.gif

http://www.azionemoto.com/images/new-Yamaha.jpg

-al

12pointracing
Mon Nov 3rd, 2003, 09:17 AM
...btw - if you ride a Ducati GET AN STM. Don't ever waste any money on anything made by Fast By Ferraci if you are actually going to race.

I will show you what a $1500 FBF slipper clutch will do to itself between turns 4 and 5 at LaGuna Seca if you need to see the carnage to believe...

Oh - this holds true for flywheels too. FBF products will last forever on the street, and about 300 miles on the track. Save yourself the trouble and get STM stuff - it is much higher quality.

-dave