PDA

View Full Version : What Color is This Dress (Went Viral Last night)

bulldog
Fri Feb 27th, 2015, 07:59 AM
I clearly see white and gold and not sure how some people see black and blue!!!

http://www.ks1075.com/EI/sharedobjects/handlers/ir.ashx?p=ZgAvAG0AZwBWAFEAdwB0ADMASgBQAC8AWgBTAFIA MwBJAHUAKwBYAFYANQB5AEoAbwBXADgAKwB2AGIAdgAvAHkAZw BWAFcAMgArADYAUAAvADcAdQBRAG8AQgBJAEcAYQBmADUALwBP AGMAaABPADIAdgB3AHkAdAA1AHoASABsADUARwBwAGQAMQA2AF UAVgA2AEIAagBqADEAbwBxADIAYgByADYAUwBQAHAARwBjAFYA OQAvAHMAdgBMAHoASwArAE4ATwAzADYAWAB5ADkASQBBAEsAeA B3AGwARgBQADkARwBCAEoAUABGAHUATgAyAFoASgBYAHoAWAA4 AFQAMAAyADYAWQA1AEMAOQBmAFcAZABhAHgANgBkADUAVgB6AH EAVwBnADkAMQBiAG0ASQBXAHUANABiAEIAdABrAEEAcQBSADEA MwA3AGwAawBGAHYAWABvAEwAYgBtAC8AaABCAFkAUwBqAFMAag BkADEATABkAGwAcQB4AG8AdwBmAGEAWABvAFMAcgBCADkAOAB4 AFkAYwBTAFUAVABUAGIAdgB1AFcAMQBlADIASwBNAFAANwBsAE oANwBOAGsARABqAHUAZAA0AFkAZwBGADYARQA9AA==&w=550&mw=550

There's a photo going around online that's causing intense debate. It surfaced a few days ago, and it just shows a dress . . . there's nothing really special about it.
But some people see it as blue and black . . . and others see it as white and gold. And when you look at it and find out which camp you fall into, you'll have NO idea how ANYONE could see the other set of colors.
Then there are people who describe seeing it as blue and black in one place, then white and gold when they see the photo on a different site, or under different lighting. So what's going on?
One theory is that the cones and rods in your retinas cause some people to see blue and black, while others will see white and gold. There's clearly some sort of optical illusion going on . . . but no one who understands that kind of stuff has chimed in yet.

madvlad
Fri Feb 27th, 2015, 08:33 AM
I see white and gold

Ezzzzy1
Fri Feb 27th, 2015, 08:39 AM
You guys and your colors.... Im more worried about how to get it waded up in a ball on the floor :eyebrows:

bulldog
Fri Feb 27th, 2015, 08:47 AM
You guys and your colors.... Im more worried about how to get it waded up in a ball on the floor :eyebrows:
:spit: Freakin guy....we think alike :devious:

I just do not see how anyone can see black and blue as clearly seems like gold and white to me....yet people are arguing about this online today :lol:

Captain Obvious
Fri Feb 27th, 2015, 09:42 AM
Apparently I am in the minority. I see it as a brown and turquoise. When I look at the top of the dress, the collar area is clearly brown to me and not black. When you move down the lighting is more poor and the image is fuzzy, so could be black, but I see a brown and turquoise dress.

j0ker
Fri Feb 27th, 2015, 10:07 AM
Gold and light blue? Maybe its just the shadow but it does seem really light blue.

asp_125
Fri Feb 27th, 2015, 10:29 AM
http://www.shopping2cheap.com/upfile/2012-12-18/2012121806192820026.jpg

My friends see black and blue but I keep seeing white and gold.. I'm freaking out!

madvlad
Fri Feb 27th, 2015, 10:57 AM
^^^ :lol:

DriverDave
Fri Feb 27th, 2015, 01:05 PM
I figured out that it really depends on the screen you are viewing it on...first I heard of this was on my phone...every pic clearly looked black and blue. Now, on a big 22" LCD computer screen, all those exact same pics clearly look white and gold. The human eye is an amazing machine.

The Black Knight
Fri Feb 27th, 2015, 02:12 PM
Black and blue stripes.

Ezzzzy1
Fri Feb 27th, 2015, 05:56 PM
It changes. Its probably a slow moving gif or something.

Ph03niX
Fri Feb 27th, 2015, 08:41 PM
I first saw it on my work computer as white and gold. I was shocked how people could even think this is minorly close to black and blue.

Then I got on my home computer. It was fckin black and blue!! hahaha

I just solved it though. It's your screen. If I look from the top of my monitor, its gold and white. If I look at it from the bottom of my monitor, it's black and blue.

Bueller
Sat Feb 28th, 2015, 07:56 AM
Every time I looked at it on the TV in my kitchen it was blue and black, then after a bit I looked at it again on same TV and it was white and gold :dunno:
Now it is back to black and blue.

bulldog
Mon Mar 2nd, 2015, 07:41 AM
At least we can all agree on one thing: The people who see the dress as white are utterly, completely wrong.

So according to this article the dress is blue and black....weird as I see it as white gold.

Here is breakdown :dunno:
http://www.wired.com/2015/02/science-one-agrees-color-dress/

mdub
Fri Mar 6th, 2015, 11:56 AM
that was Monica's dress.

The Black Knight
Fri Mar 6th, 2015, 09:20 PM
that was Monica's dress.

Get the black light out then...

salsashark
Sat Mar 7th, 2015, 06:56 AM
Wildly successful viral campaign if you ask me...

The skeptic in me has doubts about the timing and how fast the anti-DV campaign rolled out after this whole dress uproar. I think it was an extremely well planned campaign and not just a quick adoption of some stupid dress argument.

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/rundown/salvation-army-uses-image-dress-campaign-domestic-violence/

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/sasa.jpg