PDA

View Full Version : baby waking up from the winter sleep

deadline
Fri Feb 27th, 2015, 10:42 AM
soo... it looks like the battery is dead and there maybe other issues like dirty plugs and stuff. any volunteers willing to help wake her up?...
Its cbr600rr 09...

madvlad
Fri Feb 27th, 2015, 10:55 AM
What are the symptoms? Do the accessory lights come on at all? Does the bike attempt to turn over at all?

deadline
Fri Feb 27th, 2015, 11:02 AM
nah. nothing...its the battery for sure( i did not do any of the winter safety things coz I was away and then very sick)...
but the plugs would need to be cleaned as well I think. maybe other things

madvlad
Fri Feb 27th, 2015, 11:59 AM
First thing is get that old gas out of the tank and put fresh gas in there. Gas starts to tarnish after 60 days. On most bikes plugs are due every 8k or so.

Spooph
Fri Feb 27th, 2015, 01:42 PM
plug cleaning wouldn't hurt, but a lot of work.

First up I agree with Madvlad and with the new battery - if you want to borrow a charger to see if you can resurrect the old battery send me a PM...

Next up put some seafoam in your fresh tank of gas - got some of that too if you don't want to buy a whole bottle...

If you want to be extra anal, you could do an oil change, but that's just going to help because you could pour room temperature oil into the bike and if you don't have a heated space to fire the bike up in this will help, but not necessary. If you have a heated space, just bring it up to 70F or so and the oil will be nice and light for the engine to turn through, but like I said, this is overkill...

That should do it. If you have other issue, lets follow up.

Make sure to also check your tires/pressure and chain.

deadline
Fri Feb 27th, 2015, 03:04 PM
I am probably ok on gas as I put the stabilizer in it(that and the stands is the only thing I did back in late November.
but when it comes to oil change and the spark plugs... any volunteers? and by volunteers I mean someone who would be willing to work for less than what the bike shop charges...

Spooph
Fri Feb 27th, 2015, 05:06 PM
where you located?