PDA

View Full Version : Drag Race Season right around the corner

Husky
Thu Mar 5th, 2015, 08:15 AM
Drag Race season is right around the corner. If anyone is considering coming out this season and needs a hand with anything let me know be happy to help or point you in the right direction. The Friday night street bike ET class is designed so anyone regardless how fast/slow you are can win. Your bike must be street legal with DOT tires, no wheelie bars etc. We have bikes from 250cc Ninjas to 500 Horsepower Turbo Hayabusas and everyone stands a equal chance to win a race. Trophys and cash payouts are done 1st through 3rd place finish. You can sign up to run the season points or just come out whenever you feel like. You get 2 practice runs prior to each race. $35 to race and a lot of fun. Track photographers are always on hand to take a pic of you and your bike going down the track.

Skitz
Thu Mar 5th, 2015, 10:57 AM
Hopefully I'll have a full race suit by then, I'd definitely like to drag my bike a couple times.

Husky
Thu Mar 5th, 2015, 05:49 PM
Hopefully I'll have a full race suit by then, I'd definitely like to drag my bike a couple times.

That would be great, would love to have you come join us. Just FYI depending on how fast your bike is, you may not necessarily need a full race suit. Of course from a safety stand point they are always a good thing to have. What kind of bike you going to be running?

madvlad
Fri Mar 6th, 2015, 12:12 AM
What size are you man? I have a 42 Teknic suit you can borrow.

aspenbum
Sat Mar 7th, 2015, 12:40 PM
so we can't bring our mra race bikes because they are not "street legal"?

Skitz
Sat Mar 7th, 2015, 01:26 PM
That would be great, would love to have you come join us. Just FYI depending on how fast your bike is, you may not necessarily need a full race suit. Of course from a safety stand point they are always a good thing to have. What kind of bike you going to be running?

I'd like to take out my 14' 675R. I'd like to be in a full race suit, knowing how I am, I'd like to make it to work the following Monday without anything missing.

What size are you man? I have a 42 Teknic suit you can borrow.

I'm 6'2 and 175lbs. The only piece I have for my getup is the Dainese Axial Pro Ins. I think I am stuck wearing Dainese's race suits so they will fit.

Husky
Sat Mar 7th, 2015, 07:22 PM
LOL, yeah that's always a good thing to keep all body parts attached. If you don't find one, I can lend you mine, I'm 6' 220 so should probably fit.

Husky
Sat Mar 7th, 2015, 07:27 PM
so we can't bring our mra race bikes because they are not "street legal"?

I'd love to have the MRA guys come out, that would be great. Probably the biggest thing would be the requirement to run DOT tires in the street bike class on Fridays. Most people probably wouldn't notice or care, but would take just one cry baby to protest. You guys can run the test n tune and they do have a bunch of other classes you can fit into. Honestly the term "street legal" is used very loosely and most the bikes are very questionable

aspenbum
Sat Mar 7th, 2015, 07:54 PM
I'd love to have the MRA guys come out, that would be great. Probably the biggest thing would be the requirement to run DOT tires in the street bike class on Fridays. Most people probably wouldn't notice or care, but would take just one cry baby to protest. You guys can run the test n tune and they do have a bunch of other classes you can fit into. Honestly the term "street legal" is used very loosely and most the bikes are very questionable

Most of the guys in the MRA run dot tires As it is a requirement for our SS classes. My opinion is the concern is the lack of lights. I believe they require the vehicle to be illuminated from the back Even for the test and tune, but I could be wrong. Some of these race bikes don't even have titles let alone headlights and taillights.

Husky
Sat Mar 7th, 2015, 09:49 PM
Most of the guys in the MRA run dot tires As it is a requirement for our SS classes. My opinion is the concern is the lack of lights. I believe they require the vehicle to be illuminated from the back Even for the test and tune, but I could be wrong. Some of these race bikes don't even have titles let alone headlights and taillights.

Yes they require a tail light, mainly so they can see when the vehicle exits the end of the track at night. I did not have a tail light and just rigged up one small led light ,which was fine with tech.

Husky
Sun Apr 19th, 2015, 06:00 PM
First all Sport bike/Street bike race coming up this Friday. $35 to race, $12 spectator. Trophies for Winner, Runner up and semi finalists along with cash payouts. Racing starts around 7:00 pm, but if you want to make some practice runs should get there earlier. Gates open 3:30 pm

Slo
Mon Apr 20th, 2015, 09:17 AM
Hmmmm, this might be interesting, never been good at launching a bike, car, yes, but not on 2 wheels.

Husky, you seem very seasoned at drag racing, could I ping you with a few questions?

Husky
Mon Apr 20th, 2015, 06:37 PM
LOL, yeah I may be seasoned all right but I've made more mistakes than I have gained experience but I sure will be more than happy to help answer any questions I can.

Husky
Sun Apr 26th, 2015, 04:46 PM
Got a nice turn out for the last race. 14 sport bikes and two Harleys showed up. Was nice to see old faces and meet some new ones. Next race coming up next Sunday at the Coys Street Machine Show down. There will be a all street bike class at this event as well as a class for the 8 fastest bikes in Colorado that brings out some 500 Horsepower bikes.

GMR
Sun Jul 19th, 2015, 10:13 PM
When are these Friday night races? I came on here in regards to the CSP nights. Next one is the 29th if anybody cares to go. I really want to go, just don't know my availability until kind of last minute because of work. Really want to see how capable of a rider I am, and improve my launch

Hibs
Mon Jul 20th, 2015, 04:58 PM
When are these Friday night races? I came on here in regards to the CSP nights. Next one is the 29th if anybody cares to go. I really want to go, just don't know my availability until kind of last minute because of work. Really want to see how capable of a rider I am, and improve my launch

For basic test and tune / time only runs, you can go during the Wednesday night CSP "take it to the track" which you are already tracking. Then Fridays, if it's a Penzoil ET series you can show up and do TnT / time only. Anything else, and you are subject to playing in what event is going on that day. So you could still go run, but might pay to be bracket racing. When usually entails 2 test runs, then you race until you get knocked out.