PDA

View Full Version : ANOTHER (ONE) BITES THE DUST

shillowhd
Tue Nov 15th, 2005, 08:58 AM
Tracks closed..... Maybe this will be easier for people to grasp.

ebazyl
Tue Nov 15th, 2005, 09:01 AM
:shock: Thats 3 tracks in a year, great! :cry:

CBRChick
Tue Nov 15th, 2005, 09:09 AM
That sucks!!! Even though the pavement sucks... CDR is a fun track!!! Wow... what next? Pueblo is going to be closed because too many high schoolers go there???? :(

rforsythe
Tue Nov 15th, 2005, 09:39 AM
Pueblo and La Junta generate some revenue for the cities, so they won't be closed. But, that sucks about CDR! I didn't like the surface, but the layout was cool.

mra828
Tue Nov 15th, 2005, 09:46 AM
Something smells funny...

I'm thinking there's a bit more to this story.

Bummer it's closing though - I was psyched to get out there this winter.

geoff

ebazyl
Tue Nov 15th, 2005, 09:47 AM
I'm sure Ricky Orlando is sub-averagely happy.

AshliRider44
Tue Nov 15th, 2005, 09:50 AM

geoff

:imwithstupid: Doesnt sound like were getting all the info-- I hated the track's safety issues but loved the layout-- too bad.

rforsythe
Tue Nov 15th, 2005, 09:54 AM

geoff

Ya think?? Especially since he basically said "the track is closing, and some stuff happened, but I won't elaborate on it". ;)

Gene - so much for the Ricky Orlando Race Series, eh? :roll:

Dr. Joe Siphek
Tue Nov 15th, 2005, 09:56 AM
Time to move to a different state.

Or see if we can get Gilpin county to turn one of their canyons into a track? Like golden gate :lol:

mra828
Tue Nov 15th, 2005, 09:58 AM
:idea:

Maybe it's closed for paving, relayout, barrier removal and improvement of runoff areas and will reopen in the spring?

shillowhd is just messin' with us.

:sleeping: :silly:

Can't believe I fell for it. Boy is my face red. :oops:

geoff

*MV* #33
Tue Nov 15th, 2005, 10:00 AM
:idea:

Maybe it's closed for paving, relayout, barrier removal and improvement of runoff areas and will reopen in the spring?

shillowhd is just messin' with us.

:sleeping: :silly:

Can't believe I fell for it. Boy is my face red. :oops:

geoff

we can only hope.

shillowhd
Tue Nov 15th, 2005, 10:33 AM
stil closed

Dr. Joe Siphek
Tue Nov 15th, 2005, 10:52 AM
i've never heard of a company or business owner that didn't get complaints or have to put his/her own money into it to make it prosperous.
good luck to your boss. maybe he could turn it into a baha track.

BlueDevil
Tue Nov 15th, 2005, 11:01 AM
:|

Guess there is nt much reason to own a race bike and live up north anymore.....

To bad there wasnt any warning so we could organize one last ride... Ohwell, guess Ill go buy a lottery ticket so I can afford to race in other states :cry:

Man now that I think about it...that was maybe a huge mistake. Im betting next season with SCR closed he would have made profit..... Guess we will never know.

mmmm Any dirt tracks left? That arent closing...? Maybe Ill get a YZ

rforsythe
Tue Nov 15th, 2005, 11:49 AM
Shillowhd,

The problem wasn't ever with having a few bikes out there on a track day. It was with grids of 30+ bikes all trying to run at race pace, which will absolutely force people into bad lines no matter how much they'd like otherwise. That compounds any other potential safety issues and does stack the deck against you.

While I'm sure those that rode there appreciate the efforts to keep it open, there isn't a track in existence that doesn't have complaints about it. SCR, Pueblo, La Junta, even PPIR have their cult followers and at least as many naysayers (or at least SCR and PPIR did, anyway). However the simple fact is that none of those complaints were heeded with CDR - the response, whether worded this way or interpreted as such by actions taken, was basically "I hear ya, but this is the track, so take it or leave it". Most chose to leave it, and here we are.

Your boss is an idiot though if he thinks people won't ride there now that SCR is gone. He lost money because of supply and demand, and he apparently lacks the vision to see when things change and what that means. But, I'm certainly not one to tell someone when their business decisions are questionable; to each his own.

motobum
Tue Nov 15th, 2005, 11:49 AM
well im selling my bike now and getting a go kart. fuck this stupid shit. i cant belive this horse shit.

i cant believe i wasted my time like that. thank god i didnt buy a race bike. that would of been terrible

rforsythe
Tue Nov 15th, 2005, 11:52 AM
well im selling my bike now and getting a go kart. fuck this stupid shit. i cant belive this horse shit.

i cant believe i wasted my time like that. thank god i didnt buy a race bike. that would of been terrible

Yeah, because it isn't like we don't have two more tracks in the state and another kickass one being built east of DIA or anything. :roll:

shillowhd
Tue Nov 15th, 2005, 12:04 PM
Wait one minute............maybe.........nope stil closed
Oh and motobum your stil a bitch!!!!!!!

AshliRider44
Tue Nov 15th, 2005, 12:08 PM
my boss put roughly 40.000 into the track in the last year and thats just to keep it open.
i would prefer you guys dont talk about how its a bad decision because you really dont know the money side of it, we took into account extra track use and testing and contrary to what you guys think its stil a looser. but as with many subjects about this track everone but the people involved are the experts.
motobum, dont be a bitch you knew it was coming, so lets get ready for some 4 hour drives to ride a packed track, great.!!!!
you know there are other things in the works that you and i will talk about.

This was probably the wrong place to post this if you didnt want people to comment about how its "a bad decision" :no:

Phat-X
Tue Nov 15th, 2005, 12:20 PM
This sucks. I thought it was a fun track to ride. It had some surface issues, but what track doesn't? Never was on it with a full grid, but it was a fun place to ride.

BlueDevil
Tue Nov 15th, 2005, 12:39 PM
Yeah, because it isn't like we don't have two more tracks in the state and another kickass one being built east of DIA or anything. :roll:

Has there even been a ground break on that yet? With the way things are going lately I wont hold my breath on any new tracks till I can ride it.
No doubt PMI and Lajunta are a ton of fun but the fact is still that U have to drive forever and practically take a day off work to go down there (Unless U live that direction) Those tracks will se minimal at best increases in riders. Unless its the week before a race. Then we all know it will be packed.

None the less I agree with your first post with out a doubt. To my understanding SCR was profitable. Take that combines with the minimal money CDR claims to be making, and most likely you will make a profit (Especially since there isnt large sums of money going into the track) Simple economics on this one. Even with some minimal loss in riders that dont want to ride CDR lots of SCR riders will migrate. Complain or not if they love to ride they will show up. Im sorry so many ill feelings are behind this (or claim to be) but biz is hard and it takes investing money to make money. Hell most biz barely make the bills...but they understand thats part of doing biz. There are all kinds of promotions, and things that could have been done to bring people in. When I talk to most people about CDR they dont even know what CDR is.... Its a shame really but what can you do? Enjoy what we got left I guess for as long as we have it.......

Then buy a Kart :lol:

~Barn~
Tue Nov 15th, 2005, 12:45 PM
:embraces his appreciation for street riding evermore tightly:

12pointracing
Tue Nov 15th, 2005, 04:25 PM
Well, I can say that I am honestly heart broken.

:roll:

(But then again, I am an idiot and simply don't understand what I am missing out on)

Buh-Bye now!

rforsythe
Tue Nov 15th, 2005, 04:27 PM
Shut up Dave, you're slow!!!!!!

:lol:

rybo
Tue Nov 15th, 2005, 04:35 PM
so here you go guys, this should make some of the bashers of CDR happy. the track is officialy CLOSED there will be concrete barriers in place on the track to incourage people not to try and ride the facility.
this is due to a select few who insisted on sticking there noses in places they had no right to be. i can think of a choice email sent by one mra racer that didnt help things.
My boss has decided to sever ties because after many attemts to get people to realise he was paying for all the laps done on that track and footing a huge bill at the end of the year was not worth it and not apreciated.
So as of today the track is not availible for testing. for further questions as to why the last track in the northern part of colorado is now done contact Mike Petiford with GO FOR IT

Shillowd,

Is the facility for sale? If so please let me know.

Thanks

Scott

Spiderman
Tue Nov 15th, 2005, 04:35 PM
My boss ... was paying for all the laps done on that trackTrackdays at CDR were free??? When???

shillowhd
Tue Nov 15th, 2005, 06:58 PM
The track was sold with a lease back option thats all i know.

Spiderman
Tue Nov 15th, 2005, 10:47 PM
Saying something like:
Despite the track days and club rentals, the track didn't make enough money - my boss still had to pay out of his own pocket for taxes, insurance, etc.
is a lot different than saying:

he was paying for all the laps done on that track
;)

BigE
Tue Nov 15th, 2005, 11:28 PM
Well this news makes me glad I decided to convert the track bike back to street legal.
But it still SUCKS!

And FWIW (just to add to the rumor mill ;) ),
A co-worker of mine took some riding class down at Pueblo and came back saying it's closing next year, the city is sick of dealing with it.

So somebody get busy on that new track!!!!
Course, it'll cost way more to go lap at :roll:

Lel
Tue Nov 15th, 2005, 11:49 PM
I gotta add to this...

First.. .OWWW punctuation people, and try to read through your posts sometimes my head hurts.

As for the start of this post it seems really like an attack on others, not a statement of what is going on. I understand it sucks that its closing and its going to effect sillow more than anyone, but its like screaming 'oh my god a horrible plane crash! but you cant look even if you want to'. This seems more like a teenage girl screaming for attention. What was it, just a week ago there were contracts on almost every weekend through next year?

Of course people are going to say your boss is an idiot for closing it now, and I will jump on that bandwagon in a second. 40K is NOTHING in a start up business of that magnitude.

Ralph hit it on the head, its not a problem of one bike on the track. Its the problem of multiple bikes on the track; one bike yes you can ride around where you choose, but when there is little to no line to pass on you then put both riders (and anyone else around) in jepordy. Dont get me wrong, I would race there again, and would have if we were racing there. I have no problem racing there, though I dont like hearing that it is the most expensive track for the MRA to race at (even more than PPIR) for whats offered.

Business is business there are going to be people that like you and people that dont. If your feelings get hurt, try to fix it see what you can do better. Dont tell me your shit dont stink and that the track is fine, because every track has issues that could be fixed, hell look at Laguna, one of the best known tracks in the country and any of us would say its one of the best weve ever ridden on, yet the MotoGP riders were saying it was a dog and pony track.

After all this though I am impressed w/ how many people just whine 'omg i will never ride track again in my life!' or 'this is too much stress i cant handle all this up and down of tracks opening and closing' Where do you work cause I want your job if this is stressful.

Anyway, Yea it definately sucks we have less options, but you still have options, youve gotta look farther ahead, one year w/ TWO tracks is nothing. Though I fully agree w/ D, I wont believe theres a new track until I can ride on it, I dont think there was mention of it at the last MRA meeting. Im starting to get a little nervous about that one. To be able to drive 5-8 hours for a lot of really cool tracks is sweet! got miller, hastings, pueblo, la junta, sandia, mam.... a little further you have pahrump, arroyo, pheonix, willow. We are in a very central location! we can pick and choose where we want to go.

As for Pueblo closing, ill bite. I think thats BS. They just put in a lot of money, the park is some state funded and lottery funded park, I dont see that going anywhere.... though i will gladly eat crow

Thats the end of my rant now... time to start watching for the chop and hack of my post :) hahah

lel

BigE
Wed Nov 16th, 2005, 04:52 AM
Hey Lel, I think the Pueblo closing is bull also. I'm just throwing it out to see if anyone else has heard anything. I still think people were talking about PPIR and my buddy go the tracks confused, he says he didn't but...
Anyway my comment about being glad I am legalizing my track/ s'posed race bike is because I am hoping to get some use out of it or sell it because I couldn't afford to race this year at all and pretty much gave up on next year before all this. I was hoping to get set up for Super Moto for next but it sounds as if that may go away also :(

rforsythe
Wed Nov 16th, 2005, 06:28 AM
Hadn't heard anything about Pueblo, but they are booked every weekend plus Friday Night Drags. It isn't on land they could otherwise develop (it's all BLM), and it isn't like the facilities are exactly special. I've also heard some things about putting money into it to fix up the buildings, etc. With 2 viable tracks next year and like 16 clubs that need them (who all want a nice full season) I doubt either Pueblo or La Junta will have any trouble selling out. Their track day income is going to increase dramatically as well.

BlueDevil
Wed Nov 16th, 2005, 06:37 AM
Lel,

Some good thoughts. Blunt and to the point. Id agree with you in the most part. To be honest if I wasnt a 9-5 er Id have no trouble traveling to all those places to race or just ride. ( To be honest Ive kicked around the idea of not racing MRA next year and ONLy going around to other tracks to see what the US had to offer out there) But unfortunately I cant seem to find money to race here let a lone out of state. I suppose thats a rant of a different thread. So in relation to CDR closing...... Im mostly upset for the reasons you stated. This didnt seem like an info thread more than an Im out of a job and hate you all speech. Im sure there is tons more to the story for most of which we may not ever know. To blame it on money is a fair excuse but poor at best. Like U said. 40K to invest in a biz in a year is minimal. Understood noone like to to take a loss, but if U R commited to the biz U will have success. U just have to try options. Like I said earlier. Promos. Incentives for coming there. Lapper cards. Discounts for frequent flyers, 2 for 1's with more than 1 rider. U know....reasons to over look the rough track just for the deal. WE are all mostly budget racers and to appeal to us is simply a case of cost vs bennefit. No offense to anyone but if its cheep enough Ill ride there. Sure I wont like the roughness, but I dont like parts of each track. Either way, I still love to ride and even more to race. WIth the closing of SCR, I think that 40K he was investign would have dwindled far below that next season. Also, if every weekend was booked and the price was more than pther tracks (PPIR) then Im sure the money would have flowed in smoothly. If U arent paying to maintain the track, and you are only paying a few workers to open the place and clean up the trash (Not assuming thats all you do) Then your costs are minimal to run the biz. Now as far as taxes and such..... Cant beat uncle Sam there, but if thats all you are paying for as a majority of your operating costs.... Many other businesses should be so lucky.

We didnt kill CDR. THe town killed it. From my understanding your owner wanted to expand and the town or surrounding towns said ney.... So he threw in the towel and said take it or leave it.... Well with that perspective its no wonder the biz failed. IT was written in the cards long before the MRA had anything to do with that track, much less the regular street rider.
Just my .02. Not trying to stir the pot or anything...but coming from a biz point of view...the arguments presented thus far are weak at best. (Ill grant you I dont know the whole story. I only know what you have presented on the forums.)

What is it like 24 degrees today. Guess Ill get the ole street bike out and ride :lol:

Lel
Wed Nov 16th, 2005, 09:43 AM
Lel,

Some good thoughts. Blunt and to the point. Id agree with you in the most part. To be honest if I wasnt a 9-5 er Id have no trouble traveling to all those places to race or just ride. ( To be honest Ive kicked around the idea of not racing MRA next year and ONLy going around to other tracks to see what the US had to offer out there) But unfortunately I cant seem to find money to race here let a lone out of state. I suppose thats a rant of a different thread. So in relation to CDR closing...... Im mostly upset for the reasons you stated. This didnt seem like an info thread more than an Im out of a job and hate you all speech. Im sure there is tons more to the story for most of which we may not ever know. To blame it on money is a fair excuse but poor at best. Like U said. 40K to invest in a biz in a year is minimal. Understood noone like to to take a loss, but if U R commited to the biz U will have success. U just have to try options. Like I said earlier. Promos. Incentives for coming there. Lapper cards. Discounts for frequent flyers, 2 for 1's with more than 1 rider. U know....reasons to over look the rough track just for the deal. WE are all mostly budget racers and to appeal to us is simply a case of cost vs bennefit. No offense to anyone but if its cheep enough Ill ride there. Sure I wont like the roughness, but I dont like parts of each track. Either way, I still love to ride and even more to race. WIth the closing of SCR, I think that 40K he was investign would have dwindled far below that next season. Also, if every weekend was booked and the price was more than pther tracks (PPIR) then Im sure the money would have flowed in smoothly. If U arent paying to maintain the track, and you are only paying a few workers to open the place and clean up the trash (Not assuming thats all you do) Then your costs are minimal to run the biz. Now as far as taxes and such..... Cant beat uncle Sam there, but if thats all you are paying for as a majority of your operating costs.... Many other businesses should be so lucky.

We didnt kill CDR. THe town killed it. From my understanding your owner wanted to expand and the town or surrounding towns said ney.... So he threw in the towel and said take it or leave it.... Well with that perspective its no wonder the biz failed. IT was written in the cards long before the MRA had anything to do with that track, much less the regular street rider.
Just my .02. Not trying to stir the pot or anything...but coming from a biz point of view...the arguments presented thus far are weak at best. (Ill grant you I dont know the whole story. I only know what you have presented on the forums.)

What is it like 24 degrees today. Guess Ill get the ole street bike out and ride :lol:

:yay: exactly what i was trying to say... w/o the crassness of my post! haha, sorry it was late.

BigE, did mean to jump on you about that... more of an example on the boards, have heard a lot of complaining of the boards and on since the two tracks closed... and seeing a lot of posts (ecspecially on the mra forum) w/ people screaming 'omg the club is dead now!' w/o anyone trying to find out whats being done instead.

lel

shillowhd
Wed Nov 16th, 2005, 11:21 AM
Not worth it. I'm not here to ruffle anyones feathers just to inform my regular guys that the track is not availible anymore.

Spiderman
Wed Nov 16th, 2005, 11:47 AM
Maybe it's because I only got 2.5 hours sleep last night, but...

Here, maybe this will help:

H : I . I T . A t , I I ' , T M : ) ; ) A - - . ' T

You may not care, but if you want people to take you seriously on an internet forum, you should try using better sentence structure (capitol letters, commas & periods). You've got some in there, so I know your keyboard works.

The point is, some of your posts are difficult to read, particularly the longer ones. :|

hcr25
Wed Nov 16th, 2005, 12:12 PM
Another one's gone,Another one's gone,Anothero one bites the dust
:rock:

What group did that song?

mra828
Wed Nov 16th, 2005, 12:16 PM
Another one's gone,Another one's gone,Anothero one bites the dust
:rock:

What group did that song?

Queen

hcr25
Wed Nov 16th, 2005, 01:02 PM
Ok who wrote " ANOTHER (ON) BITES THE DUST"? :lol:

~Barn~
Wed Nov 16th, 2005, 01:08 PM
Ok who wrote " ANOTHER (ON) BITES THE DUST"? :lol:

shillowhd

:slaps knee:

hcr25
Wed Nov 16th, 2005, 01:11 PM
We have a winner :D

shillowhd
Wed Nov 16th, 2005, 01:34 PM
Your right i could spend more time making sure my grammer was up to par for such a highly scrutinized board. I figured that most people care about riding and not punctuation, and are able to get my points without the posts being worthy of publication in TIME.

OCD maybe
[sarcasm]

Spiderman
Wed Nov 16th, 2005, 01:39 PM
OCD maybeProbably, but that's besides the point. :lol:

ebazyl
Wed Nov 16th, 2005, 01:41 PM
Your right i could spend more time making sure my grammer was up to par for such a highly scrutinized board. I figured that most people care about riding and not punctuation, and are able to get my points without the posts being worthy of publication in TIME.

OCD maybe
[sarcasm]

Don't listen to them, I misspell / error all the time. If they can understand what you are saying thats good enough. :321:

Anyways:
Hoocked on Funix wurked fur mee.

hcr25
Wed Nov 16th, 2005, 01:52 PM
Lighten up! I was just trying add some humor to this thread.
I agree it does suck to lose yet another track.The fact is if the other 2 tracks close and the new one never gets built,there are still plenty of tracks to race.To me the bottom line is if we want to race we will go where the tracks are.
mike

For what its worth CDR was my favorite track in Colorado prior to the surface issues.
mike

shillowhd
Wed Nov 16th, 2005, 01:54 PM
Not directed at you Mike, but by the way i did fix it.

hcr25
Wed Nov 16th, 2005, 02:40 PM
Its all good

mra828
Wed Nov 16th, 2005, 02:54 PM
FWIW - SCCA site also has the Pueblo rumor discussed, but verified as untrue by some of their folks.

Also has a link to another discussion:

http://www.coracing.com/forum1/index.php?showtopic=36238&st=0&

What the heck is coracing.com?

geoff

Dan Audette
Wed Nov 16th, 2005, 08:28 PM
Can you read this?

Olny srmat poelpe can.

Cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg.
The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at
Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a
wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be
in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed
it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed
ervey
lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? yaeh and I
awlyas
tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!

If you can raed tihs psas it on !!

Nwo you hvae a ncie day.

cu360r6
Thu Nov 17th, 2005, 12:33 AM
Well, on the upside the sun will probably rise tommorow, and life will probably go on without CDR.

I just think it's a bit ironic how we were told that by racing there this year we would be showing the good faith commitment necessary for further track improvements next year, and instead it just closes one day out of the blue.

By my estimates even with taxes, facility crew costs, and the costs you've already cited you'd need to get about 55-65 people there per week for 6 months of the year. This seems entirely possible considering the other tracks shutting down, so there must be something we're not seeing.

Oh well. Who else wants to go wera racing next year?

Suz
Thu Nov 17th, 2005, 03:17 AM
:pointlaugh:
Dan, you were reading my mind.. :D

R1chie
Thu Nov 17th, 2005, 07:59 AM
Hey Lel, I think the Pueblo closing is bull also. I'm just throwing it out to see if anyone else has heard anything.

Pueblo will be closing, it is just a matter of when. I talked with Rex Harvey, the motocross promotor for PMI, he told me the city was going to run a highway through the middle of the track. If I remeber it was on the order of 6 years or so. But as you know things can change. I can only assume this would affect the sportbike track and drag strip as well.

I will talk to him again and see if things have changed.

ebazyl
Thu Nov 17th, 2005, 11:33 AM
Hopefully not, if Pueblo closes that leave La Junta. ...which means I'm moving. :321:

~Barn~
Thu Nov 17th, 2005, 11:41 AM
In 6 years you won't have to worry about it. By then, Colorado probably will have their new track.

It'll only be built as a longterm commitment with the Nextel Cup, to support Neckcar, but I'm guessing it will happen by then.

I just hope they design a sick infield. http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/63.gif

ebazyl
Thu Nov 17th, 2005, 11:47 AM
Good point, I hope its like Fontana.

... I like Fontana. :D

Spiderman
Thu Nov 17th, 2005, 12:03 PM
I think the Go-Fast-Turn-Left-Car oval should be the infield to a sick road course. :rock:

Dave
Fri Nov 18th, 2005, 04:46 PM
Hey Josh, I’m sorry to learn about the situation at CDR. I’ll miss the place. The effort you put into marking the turn points and apexes did help my riding. Thanks. Possibly CDR will come back to life some day in better shape…

japrules
Sun Nov 20th, 2005, 08:22 AM
I have to add my .02cents now that the track is finally closed. I have spoken with "the boss" (not going to put his name in writing.. do your homework.. its not too hard to figure out who the "boss" is.. one search here and then a google).... He does not own the track and likes to think he does.. but he doesn't.. Miller owns it.. his "share" is puny. He is also; well I was going to use some really nasty words.. but let me try to say it without slandering him.. He is just plain not smart. I tried to hold a conversation with him and logic does not exist.. he runs on pure emotion .. and believes that CDR was a "gift" (his word!) to all racers in Colorado.. And this gift should be accepted and used no matter how much its stinks like something coming out of a horses ass. What surprises me is why a smart man like Miller would allow someone like this man represent a property he owns.. ahhh but I figured that one out too.. he was doing it because "the boss" has this drag racer for kids group thing going which is some sort of charity or something.. so Miller; I am guessing uses the track as a write off... (again, he is smart unlike, "the boss") .. Thats just speculation on my part though.. but I think any intelligent person knows a smart man like Mr. Miller would not sit on a crumbling property for no good reason..

I'm guessing the reason the track is sold is because he told me he had a developer that was in the late stages of buying.. so its probably going to be scraped... (Hmm and at the same time he was trying to get the MRA to embrace the track???) Its too bad.. if someone made Miller an offer without getting "the boss" involved it could have been had for a song I bet..

The bottom line here is the MRA board was very very smart to not put effort into this track.. a lot of racers were hard on them for this.. but they'd all be crying about how much money the MRA put into it only to have it close.. which we all knew was gonna happen.

Man, there is a huge opportunity here right now.. wish I had the motivation, conviction and the capitol resources to reap it.

shillowhd
Sun Nov 20th, 2005, 09:35 AM
Just wanted to clear things up a bit since the self proclamed expert on everything has spoken, first the track has been sold for a while. My boss the one dickhead talked to was just part of the management team as was i. Mr. miller had a seven year lease option on the property, so if he choose to do so he could continue to have TSM come out with the Jr.s.
Mr.miller has been out of this deal for a while.
Once agian the information Prinz has is half ass, so i felt the need for a quick clear up

Bueller
Sun Nov 20th, 2005, 09:44 AM
Josh what the hell are you talking about? Joe has it figured out, why are you contradicting him? :lol:

Stuart Little
Sun Nov 20th, 2005, 09:47 AM
Time to move to a different state.

Or see if we can get Gilpin county to turn one of their canyons into a track? Like golden gate :lol:

Hell yeah, then we could get some good speeding goin on without the tickets

japrules
Sun Nov 20th, 2005, 10:04 AM
Be very careful.. your level of education is showing!

Just wanted to clear things up a bit since the self proclamed expert on everything has spoken, first the track has been sold for a while. My boss the one dickhead talked to was just part of the management team as was i. Mr. miller had a seven year lease option on the property, so if he choose to do so he could continue to have TSM come out with the Jr.s.
Mr.miller has been out of this deal for a while.
Once agian the information Prinz has is half ass, so i felt the need for a quick clear up

shillowhd
Sun Nov 20th, 2005, 09:47 PM
and all to often your posts show your maturity. hmmm maybe thats why your single. :321:

Lel
Mon Nov 21st, 2005, 12:00 AM
wahoo i got another post in before it gets locked :) haha only way i see this thread going

cu360r6
Mon Nov 21st, 2005, 12:03 AM
Is there really any need for this thread to continue? If the track's closed unconditionally then why argue about it?

Kim-n-Dean
Mon Nov 21st, 2005, 07:20 AM
...If the track's closed unconditionally then why argue about it?

Because it's fun!! And, it kills an otherwise long day at work...

rforsythe
Mon Nov 21st, 2005, 09:36 AM
Josh, Prinz, knock it off. If you two can't deal with coexistence, go :slappers: each other somewhere else.

As for local tracks, they may be dwindling but there are a LOT of NICE tracks within 8 or so hours (or less) of Denver. Hastings, Topeka, MAM, Miller, etc. I think there are more than that but I can't remember. Anyway, gas prices are coming back down -- go expand your horizons. Don't be afraid to drive a little for a kick ass track!

Kim-n-Dean
Mon Nov 21st, 2005, 09:40 AM
go expand your horizons. Don't be afraid to drive a little for a kick ass track!

So, when and where are we going, Ralphy? I need a road trip!!

ebazyl
Mon Nov 21st, 2005, 10:17 AM
So, when and where are we going, Ralphy? I need a road trip!!

There is always Arroyo Seco on the December 3rd and 4th :idea:

rforsythe
Mon Nov 21st, 2005, 10:22 AM
I'm not going anywhere until I sell my bike, buy an SV, and get my knee fixed.

ebazyl
Mon Nov 21st, 2005, 10:25 AM
I'm not going anywhere until I sell my bike, buy an SV, and get my knee fixed.

:lol: you still got like 1.5 weeks :lol:

japrules
Tue Nov 22nd, 2005, 06:53 PM
and all to often your posts show your maturity. hmmm maybe thats why your single. :321:

I'd just like to "clear" this up.. I'm single cuz I was pu$$y whipped once but not twice! Now I just enjoy the variety :)

rforsythe
Tue Nov 22nd, 2005, 07:08 PM

I'd just like to "clear" this up.. I'm single cuz I was pu$$y whipped once but not twice! Now I just enjoy the variety :)

Give it a rest, stop clearing things up, or go post elsewhere. This is the last time I'm going to say anything about it, next time I start clicking red buttons.

Lurch
Wed Nov 23rd, 2005, 07:17 AM
Push it Ralph...I dare you....I double dog dare you.

hcr25
Wed Nov 23rd, 2005, 08:00 AM
Take all this emotion to to track!

Wait we dont have any tracks :lol: