PDA

View Full Version : Detail Manager

aspenbum
Mon Mar 16th, 2015, 06:58 PM
I am looking to hire a qualified detail manager to manage my detail center at the Suds Factory Car Wash in Lone Tree. we are a full service car wash open 7 days a week that offers express detail services as well as scheduled detail appointments. We work on extremely high-end vehicles including Lamborghini, Ferrari, Rolls Royce, Bentley, Aston Martin, & Maserati. If you're interested please give me a call at 720 - 556 - 6565 so we can talk more. Thanks, Ryan.

Jmetz
Mon Mar 16th, 2015, 07:53 PM
Hopefully you get someone good. Worst wash I ever had was at that place.

aspenbum
Mon Mar 16th, 2015, 10:31 PM
Hopefully you get someone good. Worst wash I ever had was at that place.
I'm sorry you had a bad experience with us in the past. If you're willing to give us another shot I'll prove to you that things have changed permanently for the better.

Ezzzzy1
Mon Mar 16th, 2015, 11:07 PM
I think what Metz was saying was.... "So whats the CSC discount?" If you know what I mean... :eyebrows:

Jmetz
Tue Mar 17th, 2015, 08:09 AM
:lol: Nah, I'm actually serious. I had to go to another wash directly after having my truck washed there. I'm not sure what they were using but it left some kind of film all over my truck. I do sincerely hope things have changed aspenbum as this was only about 2 months ago. :up: The only reason I went was because I saw high end cars in line.

#1Townie
Tue Mar 17th, 2015, 08:39 AM
:lol: Nah, I'm actually serious. I had to go to another wash directly after having my truck washed there. I'm not sure what they were using but it left some kind of film all over my truck. I do sincerely hope things have changed aspenbum as this was only about 2 months ago. :up: The only reason I went was because I saw high end cars in line.

You should have given them a chance to correct the situation. Same thing happened to me last summer I went back and they rewashed it for free and added a bit for my trouble.

Haven't had a problem after that.

aspenbum
Tue Mar 17th, 2015, 11:22 AM

I remember that day actually we did have something get on our mitters that was leaving a residue on a small number of vehicles. It was a transfer from something spilled inside of a pickup truck bed that was overlooked by our prep guys. We we able to correct it within about 15 minutes. If you come back and ask for me (Ryan) I'll comp you a Titanium wash just to show you our level of quality and professionalism.

madvlad
Tue Mar 17th, 2015, 11:29 AM
Ryan will make it right dude, do eeet

Jmetz
Tue Mar 17th, 2015, 12:27 PM
I remember that day actually we did have something get on our mitters that was leaving a residue on a small number of vehicles. It was a transfer from something spilled inside of a pickup truck bed that was overlooked by our prep guys. We we able to correct it within about 15 minutes. If you come back and ask for me (Ryan) I'll comp you a Titanium wash just to show you our level of quality and professionalism.

:up: That's very stand up of you and I appreciate you wanting to make it right. Next time I'm that way I'll drop in. It's good to see someone that stands behind their service. Really all I was looking for was to bring it to your attention as you're obviously someone in a position to look into it if it was something your guys were using/doing.

Vitesse
Tue Mar 17th, 2015, 12:56 PM
I'm liking this thread! Very stand-up of Ryan.

So how much will a complete detail on my Range Rover Sport cost with the CSC discount?? ;)

~Barn~
Tue Mar 17th, 2015, 01:17 PM
I'll come pay a visit. You guys are right down the road from where I'm at and I'm always looking for a new place for detail work. Normally I go to that spot off of C-Line called "White Rabbit" or something like that

WolFeYeZ
Tue Mar 17th, 2015, 02:18 PM
How much to detail my race bike with the CSC discount? Its a bit dusty and dirty.

j0ker
Tue Mar 17th, 2015, 04:40 PM
Ooooo, you guys do bikes?!

aspenbum
Tue Mar 17th, 2015, 08:44 PM
:up: That's very stand up of you and I appreciate you wanting to make it right. Next time I'm that way I'll drop in. It's good to see someone that stands behind their service. Really all I was looking for was to bring it to your attention as you're obviously someone in a position to look into it if it was something your guys were using/doing.
I'm glad you are willing to give us another chance. I am one of the managers there and some customers bring valid complaints, such as yours, to our attention and some customers that will never be satisfied no matter the quality of the job. I am willing to do whatever it takes to keep customers like you coming back where as the others will complain every single time regardless if we deserve it or not just to get the free upgrade or re-wash and they arent worth the company's time IMHO.

I'm liking this thread! Very stand-up of Ryan.

So how much will a complete detail on my Range Rover Sport cost with the CSC discount?? ;)
Thank you! Normally we charge about 250 for that model if it's black or extra dirty we charge a little more. If you come in ask for me.

I'll come pay a visit. You guys are right down the road from where I'm at and I'm always looking for a new place for detail work. Normally I go to that spot off of C-Line called "White Rabbit" or something like that
Awesome! we do express details everyday on a first come first serve basis.

How much to detail my race bike with the CSC discount? Its a bit dusty and dirty.

Shit if we have to replace all of the duct tape and zip ties I'll do it for $100

Ooooo, you guys do bikes?!
Yes we do! We do hand washes for $25 on all bikes.

birchyboy
Wed Mar 18th, 2015, 07:32 AM
Here's a stupid question for you. Do you blow the water out of power mirrors, which inevitably will always throw water onto the doors as soon as I drive off?

aspenbum
Wed Mar 18th, 2015, 07:53 AM
We offer a Final Touch package that blows out all of the water from the entire vehicle including mirrors, mouldings, door handles, roof racks, etc. I thinks it's $7. All of our hand washes come with this package as well which start at $45 but includes the inside vacuuming, inside wipe down, and inside window cleaning as well as door jam cleaning.

birchyboy
Wed Mar 18th, 2015, 07:55 AM
Awesome

bulldog
Wed Mar 18th, 2015, 08:30 AM
With all these questions may as well put the website up to check out. http://sudsfactorycarwash.net/

Kim-n-Dean
Wed Mar 18th, 2015, 11:12 AM
I never get my interior done at any place. The guy who drives the car from the wash line to the drying area always seems to spray all the windows from the drivers seat. Overspray everywhere and the shit is running down inside your door (speakers) while he's driving it to the drying area. Then it might sit a little while longer waiting to be dried. I've asked the facility to not do that and they say no problem, but it only lasts once and they're back to soaking everything. I would love to get my interior done, but perhaps I'm just anal. Or, maybe it's just because my speakers are really expensive.

Now, just to make this post a little longer: If your interior seal at the window is tight, then the liquid runs down your door panel and still can get to the speaker...

aspenbum
Wed Mar 18th, 2015, 11:23 AM
I never get my interior done at any place. The guy who drives the car from the wash line to the drying area always seems to spray all the windows from the drivers seat. Overspray everywhere and the shit is running down inside your door (speakers) while he's driving it to the drying area. Then it might sit a little while longer waiting to be dried. I've asked the facility to not do that and they say no problem, but it only lasts once and they're back to soaking everything. I would love to get my interior done, but perhaps I'm just anal. Or, maybe it's just because my speakers are really expensive.

Now, just to make this post a little longer: If your interior seal at the window is tight, then the liquid runs down your door panel and still can get to the speaker...

this is not our procedure at the suds factory. The windows are cleaned one at a time and it is not done by the driver.

If this is going to turn into a complaints or suggestions thread than those complaints and suggestions need to be moved to another thread. This thread was meant to advertise for employment.

bulldog
Wed Mar 18th, 2015, 11:24 AM
I'm more amazed how many people pay to get this stuff done. I have never paid for a detail and never will; I can easily do this myself. Heck I am down to $3.00 manual car washes and it comes out great; just need a nice leather shamy to dry it with and some time.

Kim-n-Dean
Wed Mar 18th, 2015, 11:32 AM
I'm more amazed how many people pay to get this stuff done. I have never paid for a detail and never will; I can easily do this myself. Heck I am down to $3.00 manual car washes and it comes out great; just need a nice leather shamy to dry it with and some time.
It's a little over $6 for my truck at the DIY. The car wash I go to is $5.99 before 10:00a.m.

We have these shammies that are synthetic. They are awesome. You can put them back into their containers and they're guaranteed not to mildew. Been using the same ones for over 15 years.

Kim-n-Dean
Wed Mar 18th, 2015, 11:33 AM
this is not our procedure at the suds factory. The windows are cleaned one at a time and it is not done by the driver.

If this is going to turn into a complaints or suggestions thread than those complaints and suggestions need to be moved to another thread. This thread was meant to advertise for employment.Sorry for the hi-jack. I myself lost track of what this thread was about and just wanted to state an experience. However, pretty normal for a CSC thread...

birchyboy
Wed Mar 18th, 2015, 11:41 AM

If this is going to turn into a complaints or suggestions thread than those complaints and suggestions need to be moved to another thread. This thread was meant to advertise for employment.

You're approaching it all wrong. These are all things that the new detail manager should consider :)

bulldog
Wed Mar 18th, 2015, 11:43 AM
It's a little over $6 for my truck at the DIY. The car wash I go to is $5.99 before 10:00a.m.

We have these shammies that are synthetic. They are awesome. You can put them back into their containers and they're guaranteed not to mildew. Been using the same ones for over 15 years. That is not bad at all; forget some of you have giant vehicles that are harder to wash.

I just have trouble trusting most people touching my car. I don't even let people do my oil changes as had idiots even have mess that up.

What is the name of this shammie? Been using the old school leather ones so I am interested in a upgrade.

Yeah sorry for the thread jack! Hopefully it at least keeps ad at the top.

To help you out I did see your car wash has excellent ratings on Yelp :)

Kim-n-Dean
Wed Mar 18th, 2015, 11:55 AM
That is not bad at all; forget some of you have giant vehicles that are harder to wash.It's always a happy day when I find a car wash that my truck can fit through.

I just have trouble trusting most people touching my car. I don't even let people do my oil changes as had idiots even have mess that up.Washing is the only time someone else touches any of my vehicles. Even Kim changes her own oil.

What is the name of this shammie? Been using the old school leather ones so I am interested in a upgrade.Can't remember, but I'll get the name for you.

salsashark
Wed Mar 18th, 2015, 12:15 PM

Funny you say this because I completely agree... Drove from DC to Charleston yesterday and after the winter in DC, the dog, and the drive, it was time to get the interior done. Found a nice looking car wash, had them do the interior detail. They ran longer than the estimated time they told me, which any other day wouldn't have mattered but I had an appt to get to. So, I went out and asked how much longer. The guy had just wrapped up the windows and told me he was preparing to apply the "protectant". Stopped him there and said he had done enough. I hate getting greasy overspray all over the place. Saved him the time and the trouble, saved me the hassle of recleaning it.

OK, back to your regularly scheduled program.

aspenbum
Wed Mar 18th, 2015, 04:43 PM
for $40/mth ($1.33 a day) you could come everyday of the month and receive a full service inside cleaning and outside car wash that takes about 15 min on average. Our goal is to keep your car clean everyday. We have some customers that buy a new car and get it washed every single day with us until they sell it.

I guarantee that we are the best full service car wash in the state.

j0ker
Thu Mar 19th, 2015, 08:09 AM
for $40/mth ($1.33 a day) you could come everyday of the month and receive a full service inside cleaning and outside car wash that takes about 15 min on average. Our goal is to keep your car clean everyday. We have some customers that buy a new car and get it washed every single day with us until they sell it.

That sounds like a great deal if you have a sweet ride. Thanks for sharing.

Skitz
Thu Mar 19th, 2015, 09:58 AM
Do you wash motorcycles?!

j0ker
Thu Mar 19th, 2015, 10:05 AM
Do you wash motorcycles?!
He already answered this, yes.

#1Townie
Thu Mar 19th, 2015, 11:23 AM

Dude!!! I need you out here. Lol.

asp_125
Thu Mar 19th, 2015, 12:08 PM
...What is the name of this shammie? Been using the old school leather ones so I am interested in a upgrade.

http://photoncitynews.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Shamwow-guy.jpg ;)

bulldog
Thu Mar 19th, 2015, 01:38 PM
http://photoncitynews.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Shamwow-guy.jpg ;)
That is not mildew proof though....that part is what got my attention that Dean mentioned. Even my expensive leather shammie has to be rung out or it gets mildew

#1Townie
Thu Mar 19th, 2015, 02:27 PM
You will not talk down on the shamwow!!!!

Skitz
Thu Mar 19th, 2015, 03:42 PM
He already answered this, yes.

I dun read good.

aspenbum
Wed May 20th, 2015, 03:54 PM
Hey I am still looking for a quality manager to run my detail bays. Please give me a call at 303-768-8830 if you are interested or know someone who might be! Thanks!

~Barn~
Sat Jun 20th, 2015, 01:48 PM
I'm here right now getting my 'ute express detailed.

aspenbum
Thu Jul 2nd, 2015, 12:15 PM
Nice!! I actually don't work here anymore....

SO anyone hiring?

Stuart Little
Sun Jul 5th, 2015, 03:28 PM
That is not mildew proof though....that part is what got my attention that Dean mentioned. Even my expensive leather shammie has to be rung out or it gets mildew

I think I have the same one he's talking about Nate I'll snap a pic (and get a name if there still is one) the next time I think of it.

In fact I bought it at the auto parts place off Tower next to K&D's house when I lived in that neck of the woods 3 years ago, mine is red and advertises that you can put it away wet or dry (I usually wring it a bit but it's always moist, I pull it out 2-3 weeks later and it still doesn't smell and is usually still a bit moist) and the container it comes in is nice in that they leave extra room and don't expect you to get it to tiny standards to put away.