PDA

View Full Version : New circuit track coming to Denver!

Ph03niX
Tue Mar 24th, 2015, 12:18 AM
Just found this. Check it out! I hope they allow bikes!

http://www.foxsports.com/motor/story/altezza-drive-resort-set-to-open-near-denver-this-year-032315?adbsc=social_20150323_42562836&adbid=10153195785211052&adbpl=fb&adbpr=36796456051

madvlad
Tue Mar 24th, 2015, 12:43 AM
Given its a private club track I'm sure memberships will be untouchable for regular Joes like us. I remember when the ring of the Rockies was supposed to open, their cheapest memberships were like $12k lol... I just can't see a place like that making it out here given that motor sports in this state are not supported very much.

longrider
Tue Mar 24th, 2015, 07:39 AM
I dont know if I would get too excited yet. This looks like a revival of the failed Altezza Motorsports Park and the website is still very vague. There is nothing but a 3 minute video with Al Unser Jr, a fresh set of conceptual drawings by Hermann Tilke and an email signup. You even have to go into the Tilke PDF to find out exactly where the track is. I am happy to see that Tilke did consider motorcycles when designing the track.

Spooph
Tue Mar 24th, 2015, 08:51 AM
Too bad all their stock footage was from the Nürburgring (http://www.nuerburgring.de/en.html)...

And yea, private sports resort... Sounds like big money... I think this will actually survive as those with big money are also the ones who can manipulate governing bodies... Maybe it will open up something here in Denver, and make no mistake, there is money to support this... Ralph Lauren and his auto ranch would probably make a weekend of it every so often. Tebo would probably be a member... Not sure what that would mean for everybody else and if it would help build support for motorsport, or annoy the general public and enforce some of the bad attitudes already in place... Will have to see...

So, how wants to pool together and resurrect Mountain View Motorsports park in Mead? :P LOL

madvlad
Tue Mar 24th, 2015, 08:59 AM
I say let's pool up, destroy some homes and bring back 2nd creek :lol:

Spooph
Tue Mar 24th, 2015, 10:08 AM
But second creek is far East, or am I mistaken here? Ofcourse that would be better for you...

blaircsf
Tue Mar 24th, 2015, 10:20 AM
Second Creek was west of DIA.

It would be great to have more tracks in the area, but there have been quite a few proposals and yet not a lot of new tracks showing up.

asp_125
Tue Mar 24th, 2015, 10:34 AM
I'll believe it when it happens, if ever. This group has been trying to market that concept since when HPR was breaking ground. Some Googling turned up no activity since 2013 when they issued some press releases. It seems the latest video is hoping to add a celebrity name to the effort to revive the concept. I wish them good luck.

blaircsf
Tue Mar 24th, 2015, 12:29 PM
I'm not holding my breath either. There is a post on the NASA forums that makes it sound like there was a dinner hosted Saturday night. A member over there went and posted some information:
http://www.nasarockymountain.com/nasa_forums/showthread.php?p=60224#post60224
We'll see...

UglyDogRacing
Tue Mar 24th, 2015, 01:28 PM
I'm not holding my breath either. There is a post on the NASA forums that makes it sound like there was a dinner hosted Saturday night. A member over there went and posted some information:
http://www.nasarockymountain.com/nasa_forums/showthread.php?p=60224#post60224
We'll see...

I attended the dinner and premier on Saturday night.

tecknojoe
Tue Mar 24th, 2015, 01:42 PM
reposted facts from blair's link:

Interesting evening.

Some quick facts or statements:

Assuming construction starts soon their target opening date is Spring 2016. Track first, fluff later.

They own the land.

Racecar noise will be effectivly drowned out by noise abatement and airport.

They tried to move dirt last week but then it rained. They'll wait till it dries up a bit and try again.

Memberships range from.$10k up to $115k. And then $210 to $833 per month.

Level 2 FIA design meaning you could run an F1 race there if you added the required infrastructure (vip suites, 36 gp garages, media center, grandstands, etc).

Multiconfig layout with bidirectional option. Can run two.simaltaneous events.

Top tier kart track open to public rentals.

And yes, it will be available to.rent to local groups for racing and DE days. Price TBD.

I attended the dinner and premier on Saturday night.

Motorcycle friendly?

I'd love to have another facility if it's available to rent out at a normal track day / race weekend cost. I just hope it wouldn't take away too much funding from HPR

madvlad
Tue Mar 24th, 2015, 01:51 PM
Any details Jim?

UglyDogRacing
Tue Mar 24th, 2015, 01:51 PM
Safety-wise, it will be motorcycle friendly. I asked them after the presentation was over if they planned to make it available for rental to the local clubs/organizations and if it would be priced competitively with the other facilities we currently hold events at and the answer to both was yes.

tecknojoe
Tue Mar 24th, 2015, 02:00 PM
Safety-wise, it will be motorcycle friendly. I asked them after the presentation was over if they planned to make it available for rental to the local clubs/organizations and if it would be priced competitively with the other facilities we currently hold events at and the answer to both was yes.

That's good to hear. I'll remain optimistic. I'm sure everyone in the MRA would love to hear more info as it becomes available.

madvlad
Tue Mar 24th, 2015, 02:21 PM
Very nice, well here's to hoping :up:

Ph03niX
Tue Mar 24th, 2015, 09:40 PM
There's a slim chance of hope! Well that's something.

In other news, you can still go to 2nd creek and puddle around. A little while back my buddy had bald tires on his saleen and we drove on it and roasted the rest if them away. Such a good time. We were also joined by an old couple in a newer bmw :lol:

BushyAR15
Wed Mar 25th, 2015, 05:20 AM
I second that! I loved that track. It was always fun..

I wish I could count the number of "planned" racetracks over the years that were supposed to go near the airport.. Obviously none have come to fruition… Okay maybe HPR but thats East...

I say let's pool up, destroy some homes and bring back 2nd creek :lol:

asp_125
Wed Mar 25th, 2015, 08:17 AM
There's a slim chance of hope! Well that's something.

In other news, you can still go to 2nd creek and puddle around. A little while back my buddy had bald tires on his saleen and we drove on it and roasted the rest if them away. Such a good time. We were also joined by an old couple in a newer bmw :lol:

Not sure, but IIRC someone said the owner/developer started ripping up sections of the old course now, to prevent hooning around.