PDA

View Full Version : Maintain your own profile on the Member List and Rider Finder pages

Spiderman
Wed Nov 16th, 2005, 04:32 AM
For those of you that still remember the old CSC's main site (http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/oldCSCindex.php) (before, and during the early days of the forum), you might remember the old Member List (http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/club/members.html) and Rider Finder (http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/local/riderfinder.html) pages. These were static pages that I used to maintain until a couple of years ago when: a) the workload got too big, and; b) I was planning on linking them to the forum database. This linking work was almost complete in July of 2004, but when the forum was upgraded to the current format (IntegraMod), it's different security protocols effectively nulled the work I had done.

I have just recently finished re-writing them. A small group of people has entered their information to help me test things out, and everything seems to be working fine now. :up:

I also added a place for you to enter Emergency Contact Information. This won't be publicly displayed or shared, but will be available to club officers in the case of an emergency. It's completely optional, but we urge everyone to fill it out.

Here are the new pages:
New Member List (http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/csc_memberlist.php)
New Rider Finder (http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/csc_riderfinder.php)

Here is a direct link to the page where you can enter & maintain your info ;) (you must be logged in to do this):
Member Maintenance (http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/csc_membermaint.php)

Update 11/30/06: This feature is now functioning again, and a link to the above page appears on both the Member List and Rider Finder pages (if you're logged in) ;)

If anybody has any questions, or finds any problems with these pages, please let me know. 8)

Suki
Wed Nov 16th, 2005, 08:04 AM
Looks great Bob!! Ya done good pa, ya done good! :D

Spiderman
Wed Nov 16th, 2005, 08:30 AM
Thanks 8)

Please note, in order for your info to appear on the member list, you MUST enter ALL of the following:
- Bike Year
- Bike Make
- Bike Model
- Bike Color, and
- The year you started riding

If any one of them does not have a value, your info won't appear on the member list.

Sully
Wed Nov 16th, 2005, 09:17 AM
So if you sign up for the rider finder, all of your posted information is public... phone number, e-mail, etc... :shock:

Spiderman
Wed Nov 16th, 2005, 09:29 AM
It's all documented on the Maintenance page, but you have to read everything. I tried my best to make sure it's clear, but if it's not, please let me know.

The minimum required for Rider Finder is your zip code & city. If you populate those fields, your name will appear in the appropriate place on the Rider Finder page.

If you also populate the Telephone # (in the Rider Finder section), it will appear with your name on the Rider Finder page. The same applies to Cross Street.

You can choose whether or not your email address is displayed - it's controlled by the radio buttons at the bottom of the maintenance page.

Does this clear things up?

Spiderman
Wed Nov 16th, 2005, 11:05 AM
I've just found out that there may be a problem entering/maintaining your info if you have Windows XP Service pack 2 installed, and are running Internet Explorer version 6.0.2900.2180. In this case, some fields may be yellow, and you won't be able to see the data as you enter it into them. Also, once it's entered, the only way to view it is by hilighting the entire field. I'll see if I can fix that tonight. Sorry for any inconvenience. :|

Player 2
Wed Nov 16th, 2005, 11:20 AM
Bob, the Google Toolbar might be the culprit. It highlights any boxes that it can "autofill".

~Barn~
Wed Nov 16th, 2005, 11:20 AM
Good stuff Bob. Can I just host my own bike photo, rather than going through the submission process?

Player 2
Wed Nov 16th, 2005, 11:21 AM
I'm with Barn. I'd like to be able to enter a URL to my photo. Saves you a lot of work in the long run ;)

Spiderman
Wed Nov 16th, 2005, 11:31 AM
Can I just host my own bike photo, rather than going through the submission process?

I'm with Barn. I'd like to be able to enter a URL to my photo. Saves you a lot of work in the long run ;)
I think I may be able to accommodate that. :D I'm also looking at trying to allow more than 1 photo, but that might take longer. I can't do anything from work right now, so stay tuned here to find out when it's done. 8)

Spiderman
Wed Nov 16th, 2005, 10:35 PM
Hot-linking has now been enabled. The URL must contain the "http://", and is limited to 100 characters. At the moment we can still only handle one photo at a time. 8)

~Barn~
Thu Nov 17th, 2005, 12:06 PM
Sweet! Great new Member List, Bob.

Nice pictures everyone!

LoLo! Retake one that's in focus man! That sick ass bike of yours, deserves a better photo. :yes:

Spiderman
Fri Nov 18th, 2005, 02:03 AM
For photos that are hot-linked, I've modified it so large photos will be reduced to a width of 640 pixels, but you can click on them to view the image full size.

Spiderman
Fri Nov 18th, 2005, 09:31 AM
To both the Member List and Rider Finder, I also just added a nifty little feature that allows you to filter new entries in the past day, week, or month (it's near the top of the page). 8)

Player 2
Fri Nov 18th, 2005, 11:49 AM
For photos that are hot-linked, I've modified it so large photos will be reduced to a width of 640 pixels, but you can click on them to view the image full size.
Good stuff Bob! :D

Spiderman
Mon Dec 5th, 2005, 10:21 AM
Bump :D

Just reminding everyone that these new pages are available and you can maintain your own info. 8)Right new only 100 or so people have entered their info. :|

Gallep
Tue Jan 24th, 2006, 11:08 PM
Nice work, I added all my info... well someone had to represent from Greeley :P Oh sorry, my name is pete, i only show up when the season starts to show up, and then duck under the radar during winter :) (Insurance Reasons)

Spiderman
Thu Feb 2nd, 2006, 01:07 PM
As a result of the recent site upgrade, the link (in the red box) in your profile went missing, making it difficult for people to add themselves or update their info. This has now been fixed. 8)

Spiderman
Thu Mar 30th, 2006, 07:52 PM
A fix to the problem on Tuesday (http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=21725) has caused a problem (something related to cookies), effectively preventing anyone from maintaining their Member List and Rider Finder profile. I will be working on this, and will post here again when it's fixed.

Sorry about the inconveience. :|

Spiderman
Sun Apr 2nd, 2006, 12:22 AM
This has been fixed. 8) I had to move things around, and although I think I tested everything, it's possible I may have missed something. If you find any problems with the Member List, Rider Finder, or maintaining your profile, please reply here or send me a PM.

Spiderman
Tue Apr 4th, 2006, 10:24 AM
I was just informed that the links in the first post were no good anymore (which would have happened when I moved the pages they point to late Saturday night). The links have been fixed. Sorry for any inconveniene.

Mtn Busa
Tue Apr 18th, 2006, 08:55 PM
Did you know the drop down list of countries misspells "Colombia". It's spelled as the river or District, not the sovereign nation in South America.

Just an observation, since I live here half the year.

Spiderman
Wed Apr 19th, 2006, 08:00 AM
Sorry, but that's part of the forum software, not Member List & Rider Finder.

I tried changing it in the database, but that doesn't seem to be having any effect. I might have to change the name of the actual file, but I don't have access to the server at the moment.

felis
Wed Aug 16th, 2006, 01:31 AM
I'm just curious, is this feature still available? When I'm trying folliowing the links to the lists, I'm getting 404s...

GixerSix
Fri Aug 18th, 2006, 07:17 PM
404's here too, felis I'll tell you if I can find it.

Spiderman
Fri Aug 18th, 2006, 10:13 PM
Tell Ralph to stop changing the software every few months and it might be around for a while. :lol:

I'm really not sure when these will be available again - I've gotten really busy with work and don't have a lot of free time on my hands. It'll prolly be a couple of months. Sorry. :|

Mel
Fri Aug 18th, 2006, 10:17 PM
This map has some of the Denver area riders on it if you are looking for people around you.
http://www.frappr.com/coloradosportbikeclub
Frankly though, when there are scheduled rides, people come from all over the place to meet up, so metro location is kinda relative.

Spiderman
Thu Nov 30th, 2006, 10:47 AM
I just finished making the changes to link to the new database, and mapped all the existing data to the corresponding user id's.

As I said in the fist post in this thread:

Here are the new pages:
New Member List (http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/csc_memberlist.php)
New Rider Finder (http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/csc_riderfinder.php)

Here is a direct link to the page where you can enter & maintain your info ;) (you must be logged in to do this):
Member Maintenance (http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/csc_membermaint.php)

Update 11/30/06: This feature is now functioning again, and a link to the above page appears on both the Member List and Rider Finder pages (if you're logged in) ;)

If anybody has any questions, or finds any problems with these pages, please let me know. 8)

Edit: Keep in mind that this list has been unavailable for maintenance since the end of June, so if anything's changed since then, please go in and update it.

Spiderman
Tue Apr 26th, 2011, 01:53 AM
This feature hasn't been completely functional since the server crash last September - you could view both lists (member & rider finder), but couldn't view individual profiles or edit information... until now - I just finished fixing the problems with the underlying code, so you can go ahead and enter or update your information into these lists again.

Let me know if you run into any problems.

WolFeYeZ
Tue Apr 26th, 2011, 02:04 AM
Ended up getting errors when submitting while the whole emergency contact list was not complete. Filled in with "None" for those missing and everything seemed to submit successfully. :)

BC14
Tue Apr 26th, 2011, 02:15 AM
It'll submit fine without the emergency contact stuff filled out. More of a "warning" than an "error".

Spiderman
Tue Apr 26th, 2011, 02:21 AM
Define what you mean by "getting errors"... did it look like the image below? If so, that's more of a warning that some of the expected information is missing.

Spiderman
Tue Apr 26th, 2011, 02:22 AM
It'll submit fine without the emergency contact stuff filled out. More of a "warning" than an "error".

Exactly! :up:

WolFeYeZ
Tue Apr 26th, 2011, 02:24 AM
Define what you mean by "getting errors"... did it look like the image below?

Yea that was it. Generally when it says that, I go back and fix whatever was mentioned. Glad to know it wasn't an error.

Spiderman
Tue Apr 26th, 2011, 02:28 AM
Phew! I was hoping it wasn't any SQL errors like it was throwing before I sanitized the data.

Hmmm... maybe I'll make the successful update message a little more noticeable.

Spiderman
Tue Apr 26th, 2011, 02:54 AM
And maybe the red made it look too much like an error... how's this?

BC14
Tue Apr 26th, 2011, 02:55 AM
I like it. The green check marks are always a good idea :up:

WolFeYeZ
Tue Apr 26th, 2011, 02:58 AM
Hey, that looks awesome :) Thanks for getting this system back up and running again too, especially at such a late hour :P

Spiderman
Tue Apr 26th, 2011, 03:37 AM
I like it. The green check marks are always a good idea :up:

My thoughts exactly. 8)

Hey, that looks awesome :) Thanks for getting this system back up and running again too, especially at such a late hour :P

You're welcome... ya, I'm supposed to be getting up for work in 3 hours and I haven't gone to bed yet... this will be me tomorrow: :coffee:

Toner
Tue Apr 26th, 2011, 08:47 AM
Nice fix! Went to update the Member Maintenance page, and the text is black on black. Thought I wiped everything out for a sec until I highlighted it. Is there an easy way to change the text color so it's viewable?

Spiderman
Tue Apr 26th, 2011, 10:03 AM
That's strange... it sounds vaguely familiar tho... what browser are you using?

Spiderman
Tue Apr 26th, 2011, 10:09 AM
I just found some errors in the css. Try again.

Toner
Tue Apr 26th, 2011, 10:46 AM
I just found some errors in the css. Try again.

Fixed, thanks!

One-ops
Thu Oct 3rd, 2013, 06:53 PM
Bob I no longer see this is it no more or part of the main page?
I don't see the Main page either though. ??

Spiderman
Fri Oct 4th, 2013, 09:21 AM
The links in my first post still work. The Main page is temporarily out of commission. Not sure when it will be back up because I'm having access issues to the server again (ahem... Ralph).

One-ops
Fri Oct 4th, 2013, 11:24 AM
Ah ok cool thanks man.
I'll check for it from time to time.