PDA

View Full Version : You wanna talk about excessive force...

~Barn~
Tue Apr 7th, 2015, 04:35 PM
What in the actual fuck is wrong with some cops? I realize they are not all like this, but dear god... And hopefully we can all just go ahead and be spared the white/black subcontext. I won't try to influence you it's there, if you don't try to influence me that it's not.

If you watch this video, be warned that it shows the graphic shooting of a man running from a LEO. Shortly after the shots are fired, the video captures the officer picking up the stun gun (that he had just prior hit the man with) and moving it over by the deceased's body. This (presumably) was done to help support his "official report" that the man took his tazer and why he feared for his life, thus shooting the man in the back - 8 times.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/08/us/south-carolina-officer-is-charged-with-murder-in-black-mans-death.html?smid=fb-share

Oh yeah.... he's being charged with murder.

Aaron
Tue Apr 7th, 2015, 07:17 PM
It's not just cops, it's society. There's bad people in every culture and population. But no defense to this Officer, he belongs in jail.

~Barn~
Tue Apr 7th, 2015, 08:09 PM
You're right Aaron. I agree that society is right there alongside this decline. But society used to have this special group of people that we trusted to be the higher-water. Otherwise normal citizens to took an oath to live above the decline, to fight the bad and - dare I say - to serve and protect the good. When did that special group lose its way? :dunno:

Aaron
Tue Apr 7th, 2015, 08:25 PM
That group hasn't. There are millions of us to do this job with the highest levels of integrity every single day. There is a small percentage of us who don't belong, who make the rest of us look bad. Unfortunately they are difficult to pick out until these incidents surface.

laspariahs
Tue Apr 7th, 2015, 09:24 PM
That group hasn't. There are millions of us to do this job with the highest levels of integrity every single day. There is a small percentage of us who don't belong, who make the rest of us look bad. Unfortunately they are difficult to pick out until these incidents surface.

Someone hasn't read the DOJ report on the Ferguson PD where it said that racism and violations of the law were systemic issues not a single officer out of control.

http://apps.washingtonpost.com/g/documents/national/department-of-justice-report-on-the-ferguson-mo-police-department/1435/

#1Townie
Tue Apr 7th, 2015, 09:52 PM
Someone hasn't read the DOJ report on the Ferguson PD where it said that racism and violations of the law were systemic issues not a single officer out of control.

http://apps.washingtonpost.com/g/documents/national/department-of-justice-report-on-the-ferguson-mo-police-department/1435/

Or all the other police forces that have some very very shady pasts. LAPD for one.

bulldog
Wed Apr 8th, 2015, 07:38 AM
Wow! So much corruption in that small video.....and believe me the officer most likely would have got away with this if it was not for this video. Makes me wonder how many happen daily like this where we never find out....and how many people in past have had this happen :(

See how police officers seem to have eachothers back and didn't even seem to care the officer moved his stun gun closer to the body; it seems to be a joint effort in the police department. Then shot 8 f*cking times...shooting was not even necessary, but 8 times...wow!

"Feared for me life" again....how many times will this be used by people who knew what job they were signing up for. If officers are that scared to shoot a man running away, they should really consider a career change.......just saying. Always makes me think of firemen and imagine if they said "I was going to run into that burning building to save that child, but then I feared for my own life and didn't risk it". Sounds dumb because we all know firemen sign up for this so not sure why a police officers job is seen different.

You're right Aaron. I agree that society is right there alongside this decline. But society used to have this special group of people that we trusted to be the higher-water. Otherwise normal citizens to took an oath to live above the decline, to fight the bad and - dare I say - to serve and protect the good. When did that special group lose its way? :dunno: Agree 100% How is a good example being set when actions like this are taken.

http://apps.washingtonpost.com/g/documents/national/department-of-justice-report-on-the-ferguson-mo-police-department/1435/ Eeeezzzy (EJ) really needs to go read the part titled "racial bias" (page 4) to see the facts collected and how bad it can be.

koop
Wed Apr 8th, 2015, 03:30 PM
If nothing else the cop should be locked up for being a lazy fuck. That wasn't exactly High Top running from him. If you're a cop that can't run down a 50 year old man carrying an extra 30 lbs you
need to go.

<font color="#000000">
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shSzgR3T3qg