PDA

View Full Version : iPhone survives 42-story fall - and records it

bulldog
Wed Apr 15th, 2015, 09:57 AM
Who says the Iphone breaks easy :lol:

Amazing it survived and worked....wtf

http://video.lycos.com/video/view/iphone-survives-42-story-fall---and-records-it-g5396978/

Jmetz
Wed Apr 15th, 2015, 10:59 AM
More shocking then that is the fact that Lycos is still around and people use it. :lol:

bulldog
Wed Apr 15th, 2015, 11:01 AM
More shocking then that is the fact that Lycos is still around and people use it. :lol: Only used it because the link I tried to use wasn't working on this site. Just was total accident I even used Lycos.

I am amazed the phone didn't only still work, but only had a small scratch. You can see it fall for so long too!

TFOGGuys
Wed Apr 15th, 2015, 11:55 AM
Yet they break all the time when people knock them off of their coffee tables...

bulldog
Wed Apr 15th, 2015, 12:14 PM
Yet they break all the time when people knock them off of their coffee tables... Right! Exactly what me and my coworker were talking about too :lol: Seen them break from pocket falls, but somehow this survived a 42 floor fall and we are baffled. Just the impact alone would bust most anything.

birchyboy
Wed Apr 15th, 2015, 12:42 PM
Does the story say what sort of case it was in?

Skitz
Wed Apr 15th, 2015, 12:55 PM
I don't believe this story. Apple probably used a gopro, and just said it was on an iphone so people believe it's glass will survive anything more than a 6 inch drop onto concrete.

bulldog
Wed Apr 15th, 2015, 01:02 PM
Does the story say what sort of case it was in? Shows it at end...seemed like cheap case, but who knows.