PDA

View Full Version : Roads East, North, or South of Denver

BenFZ
Fri Apr 24th, 2015, 09:53 AM
Hey everyone,

I'm getting my 600 mile service done on my bike Saturday morning, and want to do some riding after, but it looks like it is going to be raining in the mountains ALL weekend. Are there any fun roads/routes not in the mountains? Trying to find some fun places to go out of the mountains because it has been raining/ snowing west of the foothills almost every day.

Thanks

Sully
Fri Apr 24th, 2015, 12:11 PM
The only one I can think of right now is 105. It's not bad for a flatland ride during winter/spring months. It's not real curvy, but it tends to have some beautiful scenery along the way including some camels :lol:

DriverDave
Fri Apr 24th, 2015, 12:39 PM
^^but only on hump-day!!!! :lol:

Sully
Fri Apr 24th, 2015, 01:53 PM
hey Mike...

BenFZ
Fri Apr 24th, 2015, 02:21 PM
Thanks for the suggestion. I will go check it out!

The only one I can think of right now is 105. It's not bad for a flatland ride during winter/spring months. It's not real curvy, but it tends to have some beautiful scenery along the way including some camels :lol:

Sully
Fri Apr 24th, 2015, 03:27 PM
:up: Maybe I'll see ya there :)

asp_125
Fri Apr 24th, 2015, 04:36 PM
105, Wolfensberger Rd, Hess Rd & Castle Pines Pkwy, plus a few in the area between Lone Tree, Parker and Dove Valley. Those used to be my winter, exercise the bike, rides when I lived down there.

FZRguy
Fri Apr 24th, 2015, 10:31 PM
When you get to the stop sign near Palmer Lake, go left then right across the tracks. Palmer Divide Rd will take you to Hwy 83 and back to Denver, or keep going east and explore the Black Forest. Some fun, chill roads there.

BenFZ
Sun Apr 26th, 2015, 12:08 PM
Damn I wish I had checked this thread after I left work on Friday. Thanks for sharing. I will definitely check these out next time crappy weather is in the mountains... Which I'm sure will be soon.

FZRguy
Mon Apr 27th, 2015, 11:28 AM
The loop thru the Black Forest from Plamer Divide is south on Hwy 83 to Hodgen Rd, east to Meridan, Aeyer/Burgess west to Black Forest Rd, north on BF to Shoup west to Hwy 83, Northgate, Roller Coaster Rd to Hwy 105.