PDA

View Full Version : Learn how much Morrison makes off us each year TICKET SEASON ahoy

AOK303
Wed Apr 29th, 2015, 11:51 PM
http://www.9news.com/story/news/local/investigations/2015/04/29/interactive-map-traffic-tickets/26579077/

madvlad
Wed Apr 29th, 2015, 11:57 PM
52% huh, hope they choke on that money.... fucking crooks :mad:

Ezzzzy1
Thu Apr 30th, 2015, 12:39 AM
I hope they choke on more than the money. They are a sneaky group of popo in Morrison.

Id love to see what State Patrol pulls in every year. I bet they are the worst.

madvlad
Thu Apr 30th, 2015, 12:59 AM
I hope they choke on more than the money. They are a sneaky group of popo in Morrison.

Id love to see what State Patrol pulls in every year. I bet they are the worst.

Fuck yea they are, I got one of those fucks fired for lying and sticking me with a ticket I wasn't supposed to get. Clown ass bitch, those guys out there are nothing but revenue leaches, it's sickening. More than 80% of the time you always see them do nothing but speed traps, I'm glad they uncovered this shit. As far as CSP I'm not sure but I'm sure Aaron will chime in.

Cataract2
Thu Apr 30th, 2015, 06:55 AM
Why I will be investing in a Valentine 1...

madvlad
Thu Apr 30th, 2015, 07:14 AM
I have my $40 Cobra from HS and still saves my ass every now and again. I've just learned all the hot spots in the areas I frequent so just watch myself, can't justify $600+ on a cop radar.

~Barn~
Thu Apr 30th, 2015, 08:27 AM
I never go above the posted speed limit. :p

Gramps
Thu Apr 30th, 2015, 08:31 AM

Me either 45mph is top speed!

Spooph
Thu Apr 30th, 2015, 08:45 AM
Yea, just to play devil's advocate here... With as many awesome roads as there are in the front range, why speed through Morrison, and/or why ride through Morrison? It is home to the Red Rocks, so, I'm sure the Cops see all kinds of stupid and crazy things with the concerts...

No, I'm not trying to defend the cops. I'm actually not picking sides, just highlighting the other side. Ideas on how to combat this? Do we organize a "protest ride", lol. Do we make an active effort to not ride in Morrison and keep other motorcyclists out of it? I guess, it's easy flap yer jaw on the nets.... I'm asking what you gonna do about it?

Cataract2
Thu Apr 30th, 2015, 09:02 AM
I recall from when I was living in CO that Morrison was like a hot spot for motorcyclists to stop. Every weekend that place was packed with bikes. I don't imagine that has changed.

Ezzzzy1
Thu Apr 30th, 2015, 09:14 AM

#virgin

Nolan
Thu Apr 30th, 2015, 09:38 AM
While I hate speed traps and revenue generating laws going 15mph over will get you a ticket anywhere. Morrison seems pretty lenient with their policy and still are writing plenty of tickets.

madvlad
Thu Apr 30th, 2015, 09:38 AM
Yea, just to play devil's advocate here... With as many awesome roads as there are in the front range, why speed through Morrison, and/or why ride through Morrison? It is home to the Red Rocks, so, I'm sure the Cops see all kinds of stupid and crazy things with the concerts...

No, I'm not trying to defend the cops. I'm actually not picking sides, just highlighting the other side. Ideas on how to combat this? Do we organize a "protest ride", lol. Do we make an active effort to not ride in Morrison and keep other motorcyclists out of it? I guess, it's easy flap yer jaw on the nets.... I'm asking what you gonna do about it?

Nothing we can do, government will do as they please and I'm sure this news deal won't stop anything. I'm sure just like it happened to me they'll just start making up bullshit to give out tickets though people will watch themselves even more in that area. Morrison is full of crooked ass lying cops.

Me either 45mph is top speed!

FOG's.... so that's why there's traffic jams :lol:

I recall from when I was living in CO that Morrison was like a hot spot for motorcyclists to stop. Every weekend that place was packed with bikes. I don't imagine that has changed.

Just cruisers mainly, sport bikers are vaginas in this state and don't come out anymore. The first weekend I got my new ride I was the only sport bike for over an hour at MoCo (blood sugar dropped pretty good so had to stuff my face in and wait it out so I could start riding)... some sad shit that people don't get out to ride. I remember the good ol' days when rides were posted weekly, had some great groups and it was a fun weekend. This place has gone dead for sure and it sucks.

Cataract2
Thu Apr 30th, 2015, 04:28 PM
Just cruisers mainly, sport bikers are vaginas in this state and don't come out anymore. The first weekend I got my new ride I was the only sport bike for over an hour at MoCo (blood sugar dropped pretty good so had to stuff my face in and wait it out so I could start riding)... some sad shit that people don't get out to ride. I remember the good ol' days when rides were posted weekly, had some great groups and it was a fun weekend. This place has gone dead for sure and it sucks.
I've noticed that since getting back on here from my hiatus.

bulldog
Thu Apr 30th, 2015, 04:42 PM
Bugkiller (old member) and I once got tickets for stunting from a Morrison cop because we were going side to side warming up the side of our tires.

Jmetz
Thu Apr 30th, 2015, 04:55 PM
going side to side warming up the side of our tires.

Classic rookie mistake. :D

asp_125
Thu Apr 30th, 2015, 05:28 PM
Yeah we ought to protest... start a riot, loot, and burn some shit. :D

What.. too soon?

So they make their revenue from speeding tickets. Know what? If more folks can control their throttle through town it hits them directly where they hurt. Fewer tickets mean they'll have to make their money another way.

AOK303
Thu Apr 30th, 2015, 10:04 PM
If more folks can control their throttle through town it hits them directly where they hurt. Fewer tickets mean they'll have to make their money another way.

im not sure if the Morrison cops can sell weed or prostitute in Colorado

FZRguy
Thu Apr 30th, 2015, 10:58 PM
Def a cash cow for Morrison at that location. Speed limit is 45 (kinda low for 4 lane divided hwy), and the curves naturally slow traffic.

madvlad
Thu Apr 30th, 2015, 11:26 PM
Bugkiller (old member) and I once got tickets for stunting from a Morrison cop because we were going side to side warming up the side of our tires.

Stunting? Seriously? What in the fuck..... :no:

teamextreme
Tue May 5th, 2015, 01:26 PM
A lot of people commenting here are under the impression these tickets are being written in old-town Morrison proper (where all the bars are and cruisers hang out). While I'm sure they write some there too, their big money maker and the focus of the 9news investigation was where they park on 285 and snag people. As said above, that's a wide, 4 lane, gently curved road with a artificially low 45 mph speed limit. There's a couple mile stretch of 285 that falls in Town of Morrison's jurisdiction and they milk it big time. The road doesn't go to or from or through Morrison, but they recognize it as a money maker and park there constantly. I was one of the people unfortunate enough to be forced to make a contribution to the City's coffers last summer. I will say the cop that pulled me over was very nice, and gave me a pretty good break on the ticket, but it's still BS what they're doing. Has absolutely nothing to do with safety and everything to do with revenue generation. By CDOT's own guidelines, speed limits should be set so that 85% of the people are doing the speed limit or under. (Read all about that here https://www.codot.gov/library/Brochures/Establishing_Realistic_Speed_Limits_Brochure.pdf ) There's no way 85% of the people are doing 45 or under, which means it's artificially low.

madvlad
Tue May 5th, 2015, 02:38 PM
Dude they pull people over left and right by Moco and the town all the time, it's all over the town.

teamextreme
Tue May 5th, 2015, 05:49 PM
True, but the speed limit there is fairly reasonably set. From Moco thru town I keep it at the speed limit and it feels fairly close to appropriate. Now just west of town is another story, I'll grant you that. There's another artificially low section.

AOK303
Tue May 5th, 2015, 11:52 PM
A lot of people commenting here are under the impression these tickets are being written in old-town Morrison proper (where all the bars are and cruisers hang out). While I'm sure they write some there too, their big money maker and the focus of the 9news investigation was where they park on 285 and snag people. As said above, that's a wide, 4 lane, gently curved road with a artificially low 45 mph speed limit. There's a couple mile stretch of 285 that falls in Town of Morrison's jurisdiction and they milk it big time. The road doesn't go to or from or through Morrison, but they recognize it as a money maker and park there constantly. I was one of the people unfortunate enough to be forced to make a contribution to the City's coffers last summer. I will say the cop that pulled me over was very nice, and gave me a pretty good break on the ticket, but it's still BS what they're doing. Has absolutely nothing to do with safety and everything to do with revenue generation. By CDOT's own guidelines, speed limits should be set so that 85% of the people are doing the speed limit or under. (Read all about that here https://www.codot.gov/library/Brochures/Establishing_Realistic_Speed_Limits_Brochure.pdf ) There's no way 85% of the people are doing 45 or under, which means it's artificially low.

Yeah you couldnt be more wrong. If you look at the amount of tickets and location the cash cow is where morrison road and c470 bridge to 1 mile outside of the last Red rocks entrance. Ive lived in this area for 30 years. the, number 2 spot and most unmarked patrol is from alameda to 3miles south of morrison road on c470. the two most common trapped area in the town limits of morrison is by the gas station and red rocks west rear entrance or 2nd entrance. 285 where they do trap on the back side of bear creek park gets 1/2 the ticket revenue from c470 bear creek road to alameda both area's fall under the Jeffco S. and HSP patrol and not Morrison Police who do not have the Patrol cars to monitor or patrol the area. The city of Lakewood even had to step in and slow the amount of traps run in front of bearcreek park entrance which use to be done more often for part is Under morrison control and part under lakewood and even the state patrol would trap run into a gray area of who could and couldn't. 50 to 35 MPH zone in less then 1 mile they use rake the cash in

madvlad
Tue May 5th, 2015, 11:55 PM
In those areas just about anywhere with a blind corner and where speed limits change you can almost guarantee there will be a cop in those spots :lol:

Aaron
Wed May 6th, 2015, 05:41 PM
I too have been a victim of a speed trap, or 3, in my lifetime. Funny thing though, all 3 times I was speeding. I've come to the conclusion if I don't speed, I don't get speeding tickets. It's freaking rocket science!

Personally, I'm all for speed traps, even if it does increase revenue (Which in my town, it does NOT). everyone knows they take a chance when they speed. It's a game of risk and odds. If you want to play riskier, and you get caught, well no sweat off my back. Enough people like you who are willing to pay to drive faster, and my town can afford better equipment, more reliable cars, more Officers, and other things that will be used for the one time in my life where I need the cops, and need them fast.

I look at it like this. It's free to drive the speed limit. It costs $65 to drive 9mph over, $120 for 19 over, and $250 with a summons to drive 20 or more over the limit. If that's a toll you're willing to pay, then who am I to argue? It's the same as the airline customers who pay extra to drink that cheap champagne out of a real glass.

Gramps
Wed May 6th, 2015, 06:50 PM

Sounds like a different issue but I would agree the "good ol' days" of CSC seem to have passed.

madvlad
Wed May 6th, 2015, 07:37 PM
Sounds like a different issue but I would agree the "good ol' days" of CSC seem to have passed.

Yea, I enjoyed the last couple years of decent CSC presence but it definitely isn't what it used to be. I miss it lol

Ph03niX
Wed May 6th, 2015, 09:56 PM
I too have been a victim of a speed trap, or 3, in my lifetime. Funny thing though, all 3 times I was speeding. I've come to the conclusion if I don't speed, I don't get speeding tickets. It's freaking rocket science!

I'm still having a hard time with this concept :lol: What you said makes a lot of sense though.. Want to speed? Well you're going to have to pay for it one way or another. Thanks for saying what you did. I honestly might frame what you said so it sticks in my mind. I don't need another ticket.

madvlad
Wed May 6th, 2015, 10:23 PM
I wasn't speeding but that didn't stop that douche bag from planting me with a 50 in a 25

Ph03niX
Wed May 6th, 2015, 10:37 PM
I wasn't speeding but that didn't stop that douche bag from planting me with a 50 in a 25
So you werent going 50 at all???

madvlad
Wed May 6th, 2015, 10:42 PM
No, I was doing maybe 30 at most cause I know through Morrison town is insane, I've heard people getting pulled over by a couple mph there. He got fired for lying and being a douche, guess I wasn't the first he did that to

Ph03niX
Wed May 6th, 2015, 10:57 PM
That's not the first time I've heard a story like that. I hope you didnt actually pay for any of that stuff did you? Honestly if I was going 30 in a 25 and he said I was doing 50, I'd probably be going to jail because of how mad I'd be. That's such bullsh*t. Leave the innocent people alone..

madvlad
Wed May 6th, 2015, 11:12 PM
Nah, long story short. My buddy was the one going fast but when you come around that first bend it gives the cop the impression that we were side by side so that's how he thought we were both going 50 lol... the funny part is that I pulled over along with my buddy out of respect and he gave us both tickets for the same shit, idiot fucked himself come court time. Judge said and I quote "this is about the dumbest crap I have ever heard from a cop" so he dropped both the tickets, went on our merry way and he got fired a week later from what I heard. It took 3 of his back up and a Jeffco Sheriff to make me sign that fucking ticket dude, I was livid!

#1Townie
Thu May 7th, 2015, 02:54 AM
Nah, long story short. My buddy was the one going fast but when you come around that first bend it gives the cop the impression that we were side by side so that's how he thought we were both going 50 lol... the funny part is that I pulled over along with my buddy out of respect and he gave us both tickets for the same shit, idiot fucked himself come court time. Judge said and I quote "this is about the dumbest crap I have ever heard from a cop" so he dropped both the tickets, went on our merry way and he got fired a week later from what I heard. It took 3 of his back up and a Jeffco Sheriff to make me sign that fucking ticket dude, I was livid!
In my town they would have just arrested you. Should be thankful.

madvlad
Thu May 7th, 2015, 04:42 AM
Only reason why I did sign it. I should have looked into having filed a complaint against Jeffco and Morrison after the ticket was dropped. That was bullshit, I don't have to be thankful for shit, they were being bullies using their "authority" and forced me to sign a ticket that wasn't supposed to be given. Guess in the end justice was served but I'll be hot over that incident for many years, there's absolutely no reason to do shit like that.

#1Townie
Thu May 7th, 2015, 09:48 AM
Only reason why I did sign it. I should have looked into having filed a complaint against Jeffco and Morrison after the ticket was dropped. That was bullshit, I don't have to be thankful for shit, they were being bullies using their "authority" and forced me to sign a ticket that wasn't supposed to be given. Guess in the end justice was served but I'll be hot over that incident for many years, there's absolutely no reason to do shit like that.

Yeah? Well you wouldn't of beat shit if you had got arrested. Should still be thankful.

Zanatos
Thu May 7th, 2015, 07:31 PM
I was driving from Cripple Creek to Colorado Springs a few years ago. Along the way, I saw three different cars pulled over for speeding, so I was watching my speedometer like a hawk.

As I descended a hill into Manitou Springs, I downshifted into second and applied the brakes, slowing down from 50 mph to 35 well before I got the the 35 mph speed limit sign.

As soon as I got past the sign, a patrol car pulled out and hit his flashing lights. I thought to myself, "Wow - I'm glad I was being careful and watching my speed."

Then the cop pulled right behind me and blipped his siren, so I pulled over.

When he got to my car, he told me that he clocked me going 50 in a 35 and asked for my license and registration.

I told the officer that I had seen multiple cars pulled over, that I was carefully watching my speed, and that there was no way I could have been going that fast - especially because I was in second gear.

The cop said, "Your speedometer is probably off." But I explained that I drive on military installations every day and they have smart carts that check your speed - and my speedometer is absolutely accurate at 35 mph. I also have GPS and it matches my speedometer precisely.

Then the cop said, "I can show you the reading on the gun if you want."

And I said, "If it's a Falcon radar gun, it doesn't use a time stamp. You could have clocked someone at 50 three hours ago and wrote 20 tickets on that same reading since then."

Then he said, "Well, you can tell that to the judge. See you in court."

When I went to court the prosecutor said, "If you fight your ticket and lose, it will be $100 higher because of added court costs. If you agree to pay the $150 ticket, I will change the charge from speeding to defective equipment which is a non-moving violation, so it doesn't deduct points from your license or get reported to your insurance."

I paid the $150, and so did about 80 other people who had shown up at the courthouse that morning.

If I had been speeding, I would have gritted my teeth and paid the fine with no hard feelings. But I was 100% innocent.

Manitou Springs is the worst.

Aaron
Thu May 7th, 2015, 08:13 PM
You should riot.

#1Townie
Thu May 7th, 2015, 08:21 PM
You should riot.

#handsupdontshoot

AOK303
Thu May 7th, 2015, 08:37 PM
damn riot store is closed till tomorrow so riot is on hold people but be ready

Aaron
Thu May 7th, 2015, 08:50 PM
Ya, you'll teach them!

#1Townie
Thu May 7th, 2015, 09:03 PM
Ya, you'll teach them!

Hell yes we will!! I'm running naked at the first riot cop I see!!!

Ph03niX
Thu May 7th, 2015, 09:09 PM
I can't believe you just changed your avatar. That's pretty ridiculous..

#1Townie
Thu May 7th, 2015, 09:12 PM
I can't believe you just changed your avatar. That's pretty ridiculous..

What? I loved that game. Simmer down pumpkin.

Ph03niX
Thu May 7th, 2015, 09:19 PM
What? I loved that game. Simmer down pumpkin.
You really like the whole internet fight thing :lol:

#1Townie
Thu May 7th, 2015, 09:20 PM
You really like the whole internet fight thing :lol:

Fight?? Bro that's an easy listening station.

Here's a sample.

https://youtu.be/yuOHRb2HpJ0

Buuuut to be 100% honest I do feel a little weird with the idea of another grown man wanting to ride me.

Seems strange to me but maybe ej wants to move to Frisco to further those feelings. I'm not into dudes. I'll rub a nipple but that's it.

He will just have to find another bear to satisfy his needs.

Ohhh shit!! Ej check em all out!!! Bet they would all love a ride!!

https://youtu.be/9giVvfSk7FQ

Its okay because he will come back and act like he's all mature and responsible. Like he has too much dignity to respond to such comments.

And at that point I will go back and re quote some of his older posts where he goes bat shit crazy. So crazy even I have to send him a message and tell him to calm down. Lol

Holy shit and he's a sugar daddy!!

http://www.sugardaddyforme.com/sugar-daddies/oh/bedford-heights/ezzzy1

And then??

http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/ezzzy1/

Aaron
Thu May 7th, 2015, 09:39 PM

That'll get you a party invitation!

#1Townie
Thu May 7th, 2015, 09:51 PM

And make for a great YouTube video!

madvlad
Fri May 8th, 2015, 12:14 AM

He's going streaking through the quad then the gymnasium :lol:... everybody's doing it

Cataract2
Fri May 8th, 2015, 04:25 AM
I was driving from Cripple Creek to Colorado Springs a few years ago. Along the way, I saw three different cars pulled over for speeding, so I was watching my speedometer like a hawk.

As I descended a hill into Manitou Springs, I downshifted into second and applied the brakes, slowing down from 50 mph to 35 well before I got the the 35 mph speed limit sign.

As soon as I got past the sign, a patrol car pulled out and hit his flashing lights. I thought to myself, "Wow - I'm glad I was being careful and watching my speed."

When he got to my car, he told me that he clocked me going 50 in a 35 and asked for my license and registration.

I told the officer that I had seen multiple cars pulled over, that I was carefully watching my speed, and that there was no way I could have been going that fast - especially because I was in second gear.

The cop said, "Your speedometer is probably off." But I explained that I drive on military installations every day and they have smart carts that check your speed - and my speedometer is absolutely accurate at 35 mph. I also have GPS and it matches my speedometer precisely.

And I said, "If it's a Falcon radar gun, it doesn't use a time stamp. You could have clocked someone at 50 three hours ago and wrote 20 tickets on that same reading since then."

When I went to court the prosecutor said, "If you fight your ticket and lose, it will be $100 higher because of added court costs. If you agree to pay the $150 ticket, I will change the charge from speeding to defective equipment which is a non-moving violation, so it doesn't deduct points from your license or get reported to your insurance."

I paid the $150, and so did about 80 other people who had shown up at the courthouse that morning.

If I had been speeding, I would have gritted my teeth and paid the fine with no hard feelings. But I was 100% innocent.

Your GPS records your speed, location and time. You had evidence with you that would show that you weren't speed where he said you were. You shouldn't have taken that BS deal.

madvlad
Fri May 8th, 2015, 06:24 AM

They can say whatever they want, it sucks. Funny part is that the cop at my court hearing changed the story completely from what actually happened so he could excuse his fuck up but little did he know he fucked himself for lying. Wish karma would get cops like that each time too for being dishonest. Yes, I know there's honest and hard working cops out there that do care but they seem less and less each time.

Gramps
Fri May 8th, 2015, 08:15 AM
Yea, I enjoyed the last couple years of decent CSC presence but it definitely isn't what it used to be. I miss it lol

Take just a few minutes and read this thread and you start getting an idea why the site is not what it used to be.

#1Townie
Fri May 8th, 2015, 08:21 AM
Take just a few minutes and read this thread and you start getting an idea why the site is not what it used to be.

Lol.. Are you really going to compare today with the past? I mean we had actual death threats back in the day. Csc.. We know drama. Remember that? Hell I had the cops called on me once.

So I would have to say if anything things are much quieter. People just don't post.

And don't blame that shit on me. The peak of this site was years after I joined. I've been the same guy from day one.

madvlad
Fri May 8th, 2015, 08:23 AM
:lol: more debate than riding :no: tis ze Colorado debate club

One-ops
Fri May 8th, 2015, 10:37 AM
I know it's getting to the point where I'm wanting to seek out a site here that rides and talks about bikes.

bulldog
Fri May 8th, 2015, 11:18 AM
Take just a few minutes and read this thread and you start getting an idea why the site is not what it used to be. Gramps, I have been here a long time and know and remember you well. All I can ask is do you see any moderators on this site anymore, do you see the presidents still posting, have most old school members left (do you know why; a lot was not about the members but how the club was run; from my experience and talking to them). There are a lot of people to blame, but I am not so sure it is the members as a club is only as good as it's organization and leadership :dunno:

Not to mention we lost most our members when the site was changed over to this new format; it was down longer than it should have been during the change and few were aware it was coming back and assumed it finally was gone (we had a lot of server issues, so it is not hard to think it was gone). Links werr also changed that confused people; I thought the site was down till people told me the old link did not work (I'd say I went 1 1/2 weeks before I figured this out: I had used the same bookmark for years).

Then the fact that most the motorcycle talk has been talked about years ago and is now just a lot of repetitive that most the older members have read a hundreds times; yet newbies think these are some new topics and get annoyed when little activity goers to a topic already discussed. Also doesn't seem to be about helping newbies anymore and much more about being the "popular" guy so you got people telling newbies to get the newest 1000cc.

Overall it lost the close family feeling we used to be because we didn't have so many members. I wish it would have been limited and then that would have stayed, but the club was more into growing nationally and that went away and has created a lot of what it is now.

A few of us have stuck around, but I am sure we agree with you and miss the old days. Only way I see any changes is for the people in power to change things.....as members not much we can do.

There was a lot of arguing and stuff back in the days too; heck I remember Hoopty, Big-J, and I would go at it hardcore then meet up late that night and laugh about it (to the point where people would PM us to calm down). Now people take it all serious; I believe because we don't have that family connection like before. Anyone wants to act like this is new they do not remember people like Briz, Bertha, BiSexual Britteny, and even old Barn that caused a lot of drama. I remembered Briz got so bad they gave him his own forum to have fun in (see good decision by the people in power because if you liked Briz you went to his forum and knew it was a crazy place. Didn't like that talk, you didn't go in).

Gramps
Fri May 8th, 2015, 11:48 AM
I agree with your direction but I think I can summarize it for clarity sake.

It's not so much that the "family" went away it is the value that was diluted. There was value at one time in several aspects. I tried to protect the value for the people that were the normal participants on rides I posted but it was too much to manage. So we quit posting content of any value here and took it to a private site.

When several others did the same thing then most of the value went away. With very little exception that I have found if there is no value in a product most people don't support it.

All the issues about the site being down and transitions are really just side effects. I would guess, if the powers that control this site pulled it back some and eliminated the element that add little or no value to the actual content of the site not only would it rebound to what it once was but it would flourish. There are sites in other areas that are very successful and have great content for new and old alike.

bulldog
Fri May 8th, 2015, 11:58 AM
I agree with your direction but I think I can summarize it for clarity sake.

It's not so much that the "family" went away it is the value that was diluted. There was value at one time in several aspects. I tried to protect the value for the people that were the normal participants on rides I posted but it was too much to manage. So we quit posting content of any value here and took it to a private site.

When several others did the same thing then most of the value went away. With very little exception that I have found if there is no value in a product most people don't support it.

All the issues about the site being down and transitions are really just side effects. I would guess, if the powers that control this site pulled it back some and eliminated the element that add little or no value to the actual content of the site not only would it rebound to what it once was but it would flourish. There are sites in other areas that are very successful and have great content for new and old alike. Yeah, people like Dayna (Devaclis), you, Sasha and some others got tired of this place and went and made their own.....and took their entire crew with them. Dayna was huge for the south crew, and he went away a lot of people followed him. You (Gramps) were more with the old school members and racers, and I assume most of them left this for another place like the MRA boards. Sasha was basically the north unspoken leader and same thing....he took his crew with him too after getting tired of this place. Heck even the funny "fluff rider" crew of King Nothing, Bertha, Jenny etc are rarely ever on now....another crew gone!

My crew is gone and really only Barn and I are still here; BigJ and Hoopty probably haven't been on this site for years.

I admit I am to blame also because I just am not into riding like I was back in the day and currently do not have a bike, so I do gravitate to other topics. Honestly I just try to find things people want to talk about because I will leave for a hour and come back and see nobody has posted one thing.....so sad. That brings up a point of most the people that are complaining are also people who rarely start a new topic and that is all what a board is about.

I've almost given up making new posts because they usually get crapped on and people don't realize I was just trying to get some talk going.

P.S. Now we seem to have lost Chadwick.....wtf!

Aaron
Fri May 8th, 2015, 12:08 PM
What's wrong with having the newest literbike? Save the literbikes!

#1Townie
Fri May 8th, 2015, 12:11 PM
I have to disagree with you guys. This site has always had a reputation of being... Well.... There's no point.

Moving on. This site is no different from the same kind of migration patterns as the riders on the street. The only difference in this site and the riders on the street is that there is no new blood coming in.

This place isn't friendly to new riders. Why would anyone want to come here make a mistake on a group ride and get bashed up and down about it?

People on this forum have always felt they are better than a lot of riders. Thus... You get townie. Gramps you should remember the term townie being used.

This board created me. Its the only forum I'm on these days. The attitudes that created me drove away a lot of other riders. Guys who still ride today.

I will agree with Nate about the topic of riding being beat to death. After ten years bikes haven't changed a whole lot. Sure you have abs and all that. When that first came out the forums were lit up about computers controlling the bike. Lol

To be honest man I kind of miss the days of kitty Friday and the post whore threads. People who came here to goof off and have a good time. Its a fucking internet forum. Why in the hell is it so serious?

These days it has to be all 100% serious about sport bikes and who won the last race and blah blah. Who fucking cares? Go ride. Go enjoy life. Come here to have a laugh. Townies being an idiot today. Lol what a dick. See... Not that hard.

Holy crap guys things have chilled way out compared to ten years ago. Bashed I know you still lurk. Tell me I'm lying.

Truth is once things got all serious that's when shit started to go down hill.

bulldog
Fri May 8th, 2015, 12:24 PM
What's wrong with having the newest literbike? Save the literbikes! You have to understand this club was created to be a safer club the the ones at that time; Ruff Ryders, Street Soldiers, etc so we have always been about teaching a newbie pure skills and safety over a power of a bike. When you start out small and work your way up you normally have less of a chance at disaster because s smaller bike is less forgiving.

I will take the young girl recently "Thatgirlsydney"; she was maybe 21. She was encouraged to get a Honda 1000RR by people on this site and I was one of the few that spoke out and said she was over hear head and had plenty of time to move up.....I was flamed for it by many members! Well if you do not know she wrecked bad on that 1000RR and was in the hospital for a long time recovered from bad injuries. So yeah there is a point where a liter bike is too much; honestly I feel maybe 5% now could ride a 600 to its full potential.....older member Hoopty proved this when he would show a person that they could not beat him on a track with his small 650SV; it was all pure riding skill (so lucky he took me under his wing back then and taught me that; saying that I have rode sportbikes for 17+ years and still never felt the need to step up to a 1000cc....and believe me I was never left behind)

I also saw a good friend break his back and become paralyzed because he was riding a bike over his head...that is not something I can ever forget and really taught me it is not worth it just so I can say I have the newest fastest bike out there......as you grow up you realize "ego" doesn't mean as much.

I have to disagree with you guys. This site has always had a reputation of being... Well.... There's no point.

Moving on. This site is no different from the same kind of migration patterns as the riders on the street. The only difference in this site and the riders on the street is that there is no new blood coming in.

This place isn't friendly to new riders. Why would anyone want to come here make a mistake on a group ride and get bashed up and down about it?

People on this forum have always felt they are better than a lot of riders. Thus... You get townie. Gramps you should remember the term townie being used.

This board created me. Its the only forum I'm on these days. The attitudes that created me drove away a lot of other riders. Guys who still ride today.

I will agree with Nate about the topic of riding being beat to death. After ten years bikes haven't changed a whole lot. Sure you have abs and all that. When that first came out the forums were lit up about computers controlling the bike. Lol

To be honest man I kind of miss the days of kitty Friday and the post whore threads. People who came here to goof off and have a good time. Its a fucking internet forum. Why in the hell is it so serious?

These days it has to be all 100% serious about sport bikes and who won the last race and blah blah. Who fucking cares? Go ride. Go enjoy life. Come here to have a laugh. Townies being an idiot today. Lol what a dick. See... Not that hard.

Holy crap guys things have chilled way out compared to ten years ago. Bashed I know you still lurk. Tell me I'm lying.

Truth is once things got all serious that's when shit started to go down hill. I agree with the seriousness if it all being taken too far; like you said it is a internet forum so why do people get so mad. I just made a joke to someone I swore was cool, then got bashed for it and tried to PM the person to work it out; nope they wanted to not let it go even when I went as far as being the bigger man and apologizing if my comment offended them. Now I have had this same talk with Townie (more than once) and we have always been able to work it out like two men and let that sh*t go; what is point of hating eachother. Maybe it is the lack of weekly functions that have hurt this place; at least then we knew we were going to see them at Brecks on Wednesdays and work it out or have to risk confronting them in person...who knows :dunno:

Jmetz
Fri May 8th, 2015, 12:44 PM
Interesting thoughts. In the beginning it very much was a family feel. Before it was a message board it was several of us that rode together and hung out together all the time. I would love to see this become like it was in the early days but I don't think that'll ever happen. Those times and people are gone. Life happens. Things change and evolve, not always for the better. I would be very surprised if this could be returned to its former glory. That said, there's obviously more people around then what we see in posts as the BBQ had a good turn out and support last year. I was pretty shocked that it did so well.

There is more activity in the Facebook group then here. The sad thing is I don't even know who most of those people are.

Some changes are definitely needed, new mods and admin would be a start. They only admin type that's really around with any frequency is born. Bob still puts things together but he's not on here much and Ralph once in a blue moon. I think most of these roles need to be reassigned. It needs more people taking more active roles. People setting up rides and social events. And by far more acceptance of new people.

~Barn~
Fri May 8th, 2015, 01:05 PM
I still like this site. It's not what it used to be, but nothing ever is. I still get out and ride, I meet new people, I see old timers. I piss off and call-out folks still, if they say something I don't agree with. We still (occasionally) get together for a social event. (I missed you guys [Gramps and Mdub] at the last night we had at The Breck)

Honestly it's a lot more like it used to be than people seem to give it credit for, but it's certainly not as "good" as that era was. At least not as regularly. Same medicine just a way different dosage.

Keep doing what you're doing on the site people, just don't forget to level it out with "real life" from time to time! Come out and ride when somebody posts. If you've been here a long time, make an effort to embrace the newbies, not to shield yourself from them and run away at the first stop sign we reach! Come to the BBQ. Throw a $15 donation to Ralph every year. Have a pre-parade breakfast.

The site is only as good as its active (and inclusive) participants and unfortunately we've all tended to become mostly "active" on the screen but not on the pavement. If you're keeping to yourself on Facebook, then you're as good as not-on-here. And if we don't counterweight all of this internet shit, with real life shit (which tends to be vastly better and more fun BTW) then well... don't be surprised by the outcome.

One-ops
Fri May 8th, 2015, 03:06 PM
Can we do two BBQs this year ??!!!

One-ops
Fri May 8th, 2015, 03:18 PM
oh and like every thread gets straight jacked here now huh. Lol hard to follow sometimes. This is Morrison ticket thread or something right.

~Barn~
Fri May 8th, 2015, 03:37 PM
Can we do two BBQs this year ??!!!

Fuckin'-A we can! Why not let's do three?

I'll start it off... Pool party/BBQ/UFC party at my place sometime in June or July. I'll buy a keg, and we can all :siesta: and :drink: and eat, and enjoy the swimming girlies, and talk shit to each other trying to be funny. We'll watch the UFC and have a good time and whichever ones of you are up to it, you can even do some backyard grappling! Get your beefs out. It'll be just like the good old days if people aren't pussies! [Raise your hand if you were there when Stu and Big-J went randori on each other?]
:hibye: :lol:

So yeah. Count it.

bulldog
Fri May 8th, 2015, 03:59 PM

I'll start it off... Pool party/BBQ/UFC party at my place sometime in June or July. I'll buy a keg, and we can all :siesta: and :drink: and eat, and enjoy the swimming girlies, and talk shit to each other trying to be funny. We'll watch the UFC and have a good time and whichever ones of you are up to it, you can even do some backyard grappling! Get your beefs out. It'll be just like the good old days if people aren't pussies! [Raise your hand if you were there when Stu and Big-J went randori on each other?]

So yeah. Count it. HELL YEAH!!! One of the biggest fights is in July too.....11th!
http://cdn.mmaweekly.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/UFC-189-poster.jpg

:w00t: Which time...the time BigJ tapped out Stewie or the time BigJ stared puking......there for both! :lol:

What about the time Barn chock holed Briz all the way outside from inside the party for shooting him with whip cream. Doubt anyone but maybe JMetz or Sully remember that one

orrrrr the time Ashley fought some girl at a house party!!!

madvlad
Fri May 8th, 2015, 04:09 PM
In :lol:

bulldog
Fri May 8th, 2015, 04:14 PM
or what about the time Damir finally lost it and blew up at us all because he was sick of being the nice guy.....wait that has not happen yet.......jk man....serious is a joke. :lol:

madvlad
Fri May 8th, 2015, 04:38 PM
Meh fuck you guys anyway :lol:... I like my green card and stay in this here the US of A lol

~Barn~
Fri May 8th, 2015, 04:44 PM
<Snip...> Which time...the time BigJ tapped out Stewie or the time BigJ stared puking......there for both! :lol:
:spit:

What about the time Barn chock holed Briz all the way outside from inside the party for shooting him with whip cream. Doubt anyone but maybe JMetz or Sully remember that on

Whoa whoa who.... Time-out. I did not choke hold Brizz! He did get me with whipped cream, but I just walked him outside by the collar to talk. There was never any choke hold.
Or "chock holed" :lol:

Gramps
Fri May 8th, 2015, 04:44 PM
You kids are crazy. I'll keep an eye out and make it when I can.

bulldog
Fri May 8th, 2015, 04:46 PM
Whoa whoa who.... Time-out. I did not choke hold Brizz! He did get me with whipped cream, but I just walked him outside by the collar to talk. There was never any choke hold. Or "chock holed" :lol: The key words there being "walked him outside" :D

4:20 typos

You kids are crazy. I'll keep an eye out and make it when I can. Good to talk to you :)

Getting called kids is cool though as now we are the old guys on here ....time flies

Jmetz
Fri May 8th, 2015, 06:21 PM

So yeah. Count it.

Better make it a pony. :lol:

#1Townie
Fri May 8th, 2015, 07:00 PM
I might make a flight just to see this shindig go down.

PS I miss briz.

#1Townie
Fri May 8th, 2015, 07:02 PM
oh and like every thread gets straight jacked here now huh. Lol hard to follow sometimes. This is Morrison ticket thread or something right.

Bro that is how this has always worked. Every thread that last more than three pages usually turns into something else.

Kind of like how a butterfly is made. Lol. Just enjoy the ride and the nonsense.

That is supposed to be the point of forums. Nonsense.

Drano
Fri May 8th, 2015, 07:44 PM
The irony is not lost even here, where this thread was started to talk about speed traps in Morrison that has now become "Things just aren't the same any more".

To keep the thread jack and irony going, I agree with what has been posted earlier. If we want to form more riding friendships and see greater group attendance and participation, it starts with good leadership and forum moderation. Sometimes it feels like pulling teeth trying to get people out of their homes and come out for a ride or get-together. It almost seems like there needs to be an incentive to get people moving any more, but maybe that's what we need to do to bring people out of their shells. I think Barn has the right idea with the kegger and UFC event.

I've actually been toying with the idea of hosting a BBQ and MotoGP/WSBK race night at my place for a while now. I think I'll talk it over with my wife and see what she thinks. If we want a family feel, we have to want to make it a family.

Bueller
Sat May 9th, 2015, 07:57 AM
It will never be like it was, it can only be what you make it. It was what these folks at the time made it. Most of those people are gone now. All that its left is the ones that recall what it used to be like. ;)

AOK303
Sat May 9th, 2015, 08:25 PM
i started this thread cause i had just opened a new box of chex mix and had nothing to entertain me please continue

madvlad
Sat May 9th, 2015, 08:44 PM
It will never be like it was, it can only be what you make it. It was what these folks at the time made it. Most of those people are gone now. All that its left is the ones that recall what it used to be like. ;)

We'll be gone soon haha

i started this thread cause i had just opened a new box of chex mix and had nothing to entertain me please continue

Better pass that bag

Aaron
Sat May 9th, 2015, 09:02 PM
I love chex mix.

https://youtu.be/29wsnvgwh5U

~Barn~
Sat May 9th, 2015, 10:34 PM
I might make a flight just to see this shindig go down.

If this is your first night at Fight Club. You have to fight.

#1Townie
Sun May 10th, 2015, 03:17 PM
If this is your first night at Fight Club. You have to fight.

Do I get to pick?

~Barn~
Sun May 10th, 2015, 04:49 PM
:spit: Sure thing Townie.

The funny thing is though.... I think no matter who you picked, they'd probably be begging for it.

#1Townie
Sun May 10th, 2015, 06:25 PM
Yeah I'm sure people will line up for this one. You should do a paper view. Get some money for it. Or at least a DVD. Lol

Lomax
Mon May 11th, 2015, 03:23 PM
You kids are crazy. I'll keep an eye out and make it when I can.

Tom, you have me laughing at this. :pointlaugh: I enjoyed the remember when posts.

Hi Dave, Hi Barn. :D

Marc

Bueller
Mon May 11th, 2015, 05:16 PM
:hibye:

~Barn~
Mon May 11th, 2015, 05:41 PM
Hey Marc. =)

Ph03niX
Mon May 11th, 2015, 08:08 PM
we need another big ride... I miss having 50+ bikes out...

GMR
Mon May 11th, 2015, 09:44 PM
I look at it like this. It's free to drive the speed limit. It costs $65 to drive 9mph over, $120 for 19 over, and $250 with a summons to drive 20 or more over the limit. If that's a toll you're willing to pay, then who am I to argue? It's the same as the airline customers who pay extra to drink that cheap champagne out of a real glass.

Unfortunately there is that pesky 12/18 point rule.... I like the idea of each ticket going up, so your first 19 over is $120, second is $240, third is $480, fourth would be $960 and so on...talk about a cash cow! Time to write the governor

TL;DR: are speed traps illegal? My gf and I were heading to Utah to camp. While driving westbound on 6 (a highway I have little knowledge of), I realized I left my sleeping bag at home. I immediately took my first exit to turn around (Lowell exit), and that exit dumps you right into a residential neighborhood (whaaat?). I had no idea, and there were two bike cops BLOCKING THE ROAD and giving literally every car a ticket. I was pissed, I actually wanted to just ram their bikes and take off but unfortunately for those pesky license plates we're required to have on our car...

Gramps
Tue May 12th, 2015, 03:59 PM
Tom, you have me laughing at this. :pointlaugh: I enjoyed the remember when posts.

Hi Dave, Hi Barn. :D

Marc

Hey Lomax.

Lomax
Tue May 12th, 2015, 04:02 PM
Hey Tom :hibye: Hope all is well.

Marc