PDA

View Full Version : Record Attendance at Bandimere TnT

Husky
Thu Apr 30th, 2015, 06:22 PM
Bandimere had record attendance yesterday at their Test n Tune with over 350 racers and over "800" spectators. Lots of Street bikes, sport bikes and everything else from a snowmobile engine powered drag bike to a 7 second Willys Coupe.

Ph03niX
Thu Apr 30th, 2015, 09:01 PM
I would of gone but I saw that all TEN lanes were used on the first opening day for it. So I decided to give it a couple of weeks to cool down. Looks like it may not cool down much :lol:

I'd like to get my $30 worth of runs.. like at least 4 runs!

Spooph
Fri May 1st, 2015, 12:09 AM
Damn! Missed some shit... And I'm like 10min away... Might have to put this on the calendar... Post up before, next time, eh? ;)

madvlad
Fri May 1st, 2015, 12:19 AM
Nice, haven't been out there in years

AOK303
Fri May 1st, 2015, 01:45 AM
to be honest i think Test n tune has gone to shit, half the people there dont know what they are doing and are not trying to learn.
it use to be only so you could prep for races/season tune out bugs, break in new parts or match up with someone you normally never would for braging right or settle a score
now
Its like a flea market mixed with a bad car show and tow lot
I do feel bad for the people trying to use it for what it was meant for.
i still know 30 to 40 people that show up constantly through out the season prepping.

and recently thefts have been linked back since people see what you have in your cars from the pits. people actually paying like they are racing just to scope the pits ...

its sad ive been going since the mid 80's worked a few events there and know a few of the owners family members for a long time, great people

Ph03niX
Fri May 1st, 2015, 07:55 PM
^^^ Ahh good to know!

I think the reason Bandimere has changed though is because the state is trying to get people to stop racing on the streets. They're telling everyone to go to the track. So every one and Jack are going without a clue on how to launch..

I go like once or twice a year just to see if I can beat my previous time or that my vehicle hasnt taken a shit :lol: . I'd love to learn or get help on how to launch/shift/prep better but I have no idea to talk to..

Thinking out loud though, I'm probably talking to the right guy :lol:

9.1 seconds psshhhhhh hahaha that's so damn fast!

Husky
Fri May 1st, 2015, 08:00 PM
I would of gone but I saw that all TEN lanes were used on the first opening day for it. So I decided to give it a couple of weeks to cool down. Looks like it may not cool down much :lol:

I'd like to get my $30 worth of runs.. like at least 4 runs!

Yeah it was crazy bz for sure. If you get there right when it opens, you can get in 3-4 runs easy in the first couple hours before the herd shows up.

Husky
Fri May 1st, 2015, 08:02 PM
Damn! Missed some shit... And I'm like 10min away... Might have to put this on the calendar... Post up before, next time, eh? ;)

Yeah, I real close too. Right by the Home Depot off C470. They have a street bike race this Sunday, Test n Tune Tues and Wed.

Husky
Fri May 1st, 2015, 08:05 PM
to be honest i think Test n tune has gone to shit, half the people there dont know what they are doing and are not trying to learn.
it use to be only so you could prep for races/season tune out bugs, break in new parts or match up with someone you normally never would for braging right or settle a score
now
Its like a flea market mixed with a bad car show and tow lot
I do feel bad for the people trying to use it for what it was meant for.
i still know 30 to 40 people that show up constantly through out the season prepping.

and recently thefts have been linked back since people see what you have in your cars from the pits. people actually paying like they are racing just to scope the pits ...

its sad ive been going since the mid 80's worked a few events there and know a few of the owners family members for a long time, great people

Sorry you had a bad experience. I too have been going since the 80's, never had anything stolen or tampered with. Always have open trailer compressors etc. Most the racers watch out for each other and they have several security vehicles continually cruising the pits. Hope you give it another shot.

Husky
Fri May 1st, 2015, 08:09 PM
^^^ Ahh good to know!

I think the reason Bandimere has changed though is because the state is trying to get people to stop racing on the streets. They're telling everyone to go to the track. So every one and Jack are going without a clue on how to launch..

I go like once or twice a year just to see if I can beat my previous time or that my vehicle hasnt taken a shit :lol: . I'd love to learn or get help on how to launch/shift/prep better but I have no idea to talk to..

Thinking out loud though, I'm probably talking to the right guy :lol:

9.1 seconds psshhhhhh hahaha that's so damn fast!

Thanks, but I'm far from being any expert and have made more mistake than I have learned, lol. I sure would be more than happy to give you a hand if you like. I always park in the pits just to the right of the staging lanes. White Dodge Truck, with Black enclosed trailer "says Chunky Beast Racing #B813

Ph03niX
Fri May 1st, 2015, 08:23 PM
Thanks, but I'm far from being any expert and have made more mistake than I have learned, lol. I sure would be more than happy to give you a hand if you like. I always park in the pits just to the right of the staging lanes. White Dodge Truck, with Black enclosed trailer "says Chunky Beast Racing #B813
I've seen you out there, I know there's definitely something I can learn from you! I think I saw you last year sometime when I first brought out the gsxr! How often do you go to TnTs?

Husky
Fri May 1st, 2015, 08:28 PM
LOL, well if you saw me I was probably the guy that had his bike fall over or forgot to turn the air shifter on or some other genius move like that. I try to go as much as I can as I need as much seat time as I can get. I'm getting so old that hell I sometimes cant remember which is the brake or clutch. My bike is the black stretched busa that says "Something Wicked This Way Comes" on the tail. If you ever need a hand or tools etc. come over to the pits, be happy to help.

Ph03niX
Fri May 1st, 2015, 09:14 PM
Yeah I recognized your bike from your signature. I'll see you around sometime! I have no idea when I'm going to go haha.