PDA

View Full Version : Business Purchased! *Fun Center Durango!! WOOT!!!

Matrix
Sat May 2nd, 2015, 10:53 AM
Doing something completely different could not be happier!! Over the last month or so I have hinted about buying a business. Selling my bikes, selling my house, and selling a kidney were all necessary in order to come up with the right amount of capital. That being said, the purchase completed this week and my partner and I are proud owners of the Fun Center in Durango!

Not familiar with the Fun Center? It is the largest motorcycle dealership in the four corners area. Our brands include Polaris, Kawasaki, Suzuki, KTM, BRP, and Arctic Cat. Between these brands, it represents some of the most exciting on and off-road machinery in the industry!

To say that we are excited would be an understatement!! My wife and are in the throws of moving and for her, changing jobs but staying in Corporate America. My partner and I, Pete Tabor, plan on taking all the positives and negatives from being avid consumers and sponsored riders into this new endeavor. Like many of you, we have had both positive and negative experiences with dealerships and in our minds we have a plan on how to make a difference. To state it bluntly, I have always wanted a relationship with my dealership and we plan to do just that with our customers.

This is a dream come true for us and we hope to keep in close contact with many of the friends we have met through this forum. The CSC has been a big part of my life since moving to CO back in 2006 and I look forward to giving back. If you ever need anything, you know who to call. We are on Facebook and plan to do a lot of events throughout the summer. And if by chance you find yourself in Durango, stop in and say hello!

madvlad
Sat May 2nd, 2015, 10:59 AM
Way awesome man, congratulations and best of luck on your venture. Will make sure to stop by if I'm in the area

Jmetz
Sat May 2nd, 2015, 11:31 AM
Congrats man, that's awesome!

Wrider
Sat May 2nd, 2015, 11:41 AM
Dude that's awesome! I have only been in there once, but it was an amazing shop, and I'm sure it's even better now!

birchyboy
Sat May 2nd, 2015, 12:52 PM
Congratulations! Best of luck in your new endeavor. I've yet to go to Durango but hope to this summer.

Clovis
Sat May 2nd, 2015, 01:20 PM
That's awesome and +1 for the Fun Center. Three years ago my wife were on a 3 day ride when we had a spill and the left foot peg broke off just before reaching Creed. We made it to Durango, got a hotel and the next morning (Saturday) went to the Fun Center in search of a suitable replacement FJR peg.

"No FJR pegs but I found these Motocross pegs in the misclellnaious parts bin, we could get them to work".

One of the shop guys shaved down part of the peg bracket to get it to fit and BOOM we were on our way. I think the pegs were $30 and I gave the shop guy another $20 for grinding and installing. Overall very friendly people and they saved the day.

I know Chrissy (Bornwildnfree) had a similar experience with them, the summer before when she had a break down around Mesa Verde. They dispatched a flat bed to bring her bike back to Durango as I recall.

Good luck!!

Ezzzzy1
Sat May 2nd, 2015, 01:39 PM
Wham Bam! Good for you guys!

My company, Mo-Door, does well when sold in stores. Take a look at the website and let me know if you want any wholesale info.

www.Mo-Door.com (http://www.Mo-Door.com)

Slo
Sat May 2nd, 2015, 02:40 PM
Very nice.... Congrats, I work for Mercury... now Vantiv and we have a site there in Durango where Mercury was started. I may be out there from time to time and will definitely swing by.

Matrix
Sat May 2nd, 2015, 04:13 PM
Thanks guys. We are super excited! It's been a fun experience the last few days trying to figure out all the inter-workings of a medium size business. Getting here was an experience onto itself and now the fun starts!

Glad to hear that so many have had a great experience with the Fun Center. I hope we can continue that tradition well into the future! The dirt scene is huge down here so hopefully we can also inject a little street craze in the four corners area. If you are on a group ride this summer and need a place to stop by for a cold drink, make sure you stop in and give me some grief. haha

SLO, We use Mercury for gift cards currently. I am sure our paths will be crossing in the future.

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h195/joew4505/11157482_847218551808_6547222959152036513_o.jpg (http://s64.photobucket.com/user/joew4505/media/11157482_847218551808_6547222959152036513_o.jpg.ht ml)

Neutron
Sat May 2nd, 2015, 04:17 PM
Congratulations on your purchase. That was my dealership of choice over davis for the work done on my bike. The service there was great. Not sure what you have planned but I think you started off with a good business from the get go. That should make it a little easier. I live in Ouray so I will try to get by and say hi.

~Barn~
Sat May 2nd, 2015, 04:53 PM
:applause:

Very nice. Here's to lots of success! :cheers:

TFOGGuys
Sat May 2nd, 2015, 05:21 PM
Congrats and condolences, Joe. Just remember, the way to make a small fortune in the motorcycle business is to start with a large fortune, and work from there... :lol:

asp_125
Sat May 2nd, 2015, 05:45 PM
Awesome! Been to Durango lots but never the Fun Center. Best of luck going forward. Hmmm might you rent dual sports for all the jeep roads there, or nearby Moab?

FZRguy
Sat May 2nd, 2015, 10:12 PM
Congrats! :up: Will stop by next trip.

Matrix
Sun May 3rd, 2015, 05:40 PM
Awesome! Been to Durango lots but never the Fun Center. Best of luck going forward. Hmmm might you rent dual sports for all the jeep roads there, or nearby Moab?

We don't do rentals but there is a guy down here that rents KTM dual sports. I can dig up his contact info if your interested.

Jim,
This was a lifestyle change more than a financial decision. The corporate rat race was starting to wear me down. Looking forward to doing something that is more 'local'. We should compare notes in a year. Haha

Got a chance to get out on the bike today. The roads here are everything I remembered. Lots of curves and not a lot of people. Perfect combo!

madvlad
Sun May 3rd, 2015, 06:03 PM
Are you guys planning on an open house? :D

Jmetz
Sun May 3rd, 2015, 07:39 PM
This was a lifestyle change more than a financial decision. The corporate rat race was starting to wear me down. Looking forward to doing something that is more 'local'. We should compare notes in a year. Haha

I would love to live down there, owning an established dealership would be pretty awesome too. :D

Matrix
Sun May 3rd, 2015, 10:09 PM
Are you guys planning on an open house? :D

we plan to at some point. Right now we are just trying to get our feet on stable ground. A ton of stuff to learn to say the least. But come in at any point and check us out!

madvlad
Sun May 3rd, 2015, 10:16 PM
:up:

Jason ON
Mon May 4th, 2015, 01:03 PM
This is awesome! Congrats, Matrix!

Sully
Tue May 5th, 2015, 09:24 AM
Sooo excited for you!!! I will definitely try to stop by... maybe for the open house!! ... Or maybe to buy a sexy new bike :eyebrows: :yumyum:

Congrats!!

Captain Obvious
Tue May 5th, 2015, 11:10 AM
Very cool. Congrats on the move and new chapter.