PDA

View Full Version : Video editing software

madvlad
Sun May 3rd, 2015, 10:01 PM
What software do you recommend that's free? Need to do some video editing and add some music/pics and what not. Never used one so seeing what you guys use? Thanks in advance

Bueller
Mon May 4th, 2015, 05:53 AM
windows movie maker

Cataract2
Mon May 4th, 2015, 05:53 AM
Take a look into open source ones out there. Should be one that would work great for you with windows compatibility.

madvlad
Mon May 4th, 2015, 10:27 AM
The presentation will be done in an apple but I have a windows OS, does it matter or would I have to do it on an apple cause that's the OS used?

blaircsf
Mon May 4th, 2015, 11:12 AM
If you are just making a video and then playing it, OS shouldn't matter as long as you export to a well known format. I've never used Windows Movie Maker, although for a simple project it should probably work well enough. There are some free / open source options, Blender, Lightworks, OpenShot, etc. I've never used any of them personally though. Obviously plenty of paid options, but they get expensive quick.

Hibs
Mon May 4th, 2015, 12:17 PM
If you are using an apple, iMovie

madvlad
Mon May 4th, 2015, 12:43 PM
I looked in my pc and windows movie maker is not installed at all, may try the pc at church which is an Apple, hopefully it has iMovie

blaircsf
Mon May 4th, 2015, 03:52 PM
Windows Movie Maker is free from Microsoft if it isn't pre-installed.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-live/movie-maker

WolFeYeZ
Mon May 4th, 2015, 04:32 PM
Maybe try to gopro video editor.

Ph03niX
Mon May 4th, 2015, 08:51 PM
If you're trying to make a well put together movie that you care about it being super smooth, dont get Windows movie makers. It sucks ass, but if you dont really care about the quality of your video, it's fine.

I use Adobe Premier Pro ($100) and I love it.

madvlad
Mon May 4th, 2015, 10:52 PM
I want it to look decent but to drop $100 on something I don't use very often seems pointless lol

Ph03niX
Mon May 4th, 2015, 11:24 PM
I mean if you've never used video editing software than WMM will be fine haha. I've just used the good programs so WMM pisses me off :lol: But it'll do what you need it to. Just in an annoying way lol.

madvlad
Tue May 5th, 2015, 12:54 AM
If I start using it a lot more I'll drop the money on a new program for sure but just need something to make it work for the time being.