PDA

View Full Version : If Moderators Did Their Job

Drano
Mon May 18th, 2015, 04:54 PM
If Moderators Did Their Job:
The recent activity on this site would not be dominated by personal drama between members. These threads would have been deleted before they could gain traction and dominate the news feed. Also, any type of personal argument should have no place for the rest of the members to read. At the very least they should have been placed in a members only section similar to that of the Politics and Religion section. These drama threads may provide entertainment for some of us, but it probably turns a lot of people away. If discussions cannot maintain a semblance of respect, they should be gone. No questions asked. If people want to have a grudge match, they can do so through private messages. To sum it up, this place has been suffering with a disease because there are no moderators to keep it healthy.

Right now, these ridiculous threads are the first thing newcomers to the site get to see. It's possible that they may actually stick around longer if they saw sportbike-related content which, given the name of this once-upon-a-time club, was why they checked it out in the first place. Feel free to clarify if you still exist, moderators, what is the purpose of this site? Is it not meant to be a place where sportbike riders can discuss their passion for motorcycles and organize meets and rides? If that is its purpose, perhaps something should be done to make it that way again.

To close, I want to state that I am not trying to lay blame on anybody other than the moderators, or more-so, the lack thereof. Secondly, I am not attempting to establish any type of moral superiority as there have been occasions where I have been a nuisance on this site. I believe that I shouldn't have been able to get away with it. Third, all of this nonsense is getting out of hand and needs to be reigned in before the site ultimately implodes. Finally, my only wish is to see some semblance of order restored. I get it, its a free country and I can simply choose to not come here any more, which is probably what a lot of people do, but it is all on you, moderators, to determine what format you want your site to keep. If you want this place to be a welcome home for all sportbike riders, I suggest it's time call in new help and get to cleaning house.

Spiderman
Mon May 18th, 2015, 05:13 PM
If you want this place to be a welcome home for all sportbike riders, I suggest it's time call in new help and get to cleaning house.
Are you volunteering?

Drano
Mon May 18th, 2015, 05:24 PM
Are you volunteering?

I might not be the best guy for the job, but if you need the help, I'll do what I can.

#1Townie
Mon May 18th, 2015, 05:37 PM
And you guys say they aren't around. Someone deleted stuff.

But can I vote for barn? He was a really good mod back in the day.

Slo
Mon May 18th, 2015, 05:47 PM
Is there drama? Obviously yes..... and always will be, just like any forum out there. But, I can say this, the people that I have talked to that have left the CSC (or no longer post), none, not a single person left to townie and his posts. It was all due to other people and reasons relating to the site in one form or another.

Drama2
Mon May 18th, 2015, 05:48 PM
Well said.

Jmetz
Mon May 18th, 2015, 07:02 PM
Bob, I and obviously other members feel it's time for some changes in management as none of the current mods are on the site much at all. Maybe approach a few people that are frequently on here, see if they are interested in moderating and have a sit down.

Bueller
Mon May 18th, 2015, 07:03 PM
In a time previous, there was much moderating, many threads locked an posts deleted. The cry from the peanut gallery was of "over moderation" and "censorship".
Can't please everyone.

Ezzzzy1
Mon May 18th, 2015, 07:06 PM
In a time previous, there was much moderating, many threads locked an posts deleted. The cry from the peanut gallery was of "over moderation" and "censorship".
Can't please everyone.

Clearly the answer to the problem is.... MODERATION! :lol:

Jmetz
Mon May 18th, 2015, 07:07 PM
I agree and now we're on the other end of the spectrum with no moderation. There is definitely a middle ground.

Bueller
Mon May 18th, 2015, 07:14 PM
Maybe find out what made every other mod on here give up and fade away. Most were very active here until shortly after their appointment.

#1Townie
Mon May 18th, 2015, 07:23 PM
Maybe find out what made every other mod on here give up and fade away. Most were very active here until shortly after their appointment.

Rybo and Mel come to mind.

Jmetz
Mon May 18th, 2015, 07:34 PM
Rybo moved out of state and I don't think Mel has had a bike in at least the last 5 years (I could be wrong though).

Nolan
Mon May 18th, 2015, 07:38 PM
Incognito moderator?

Zanatos
Mon May 18th, 2015, 08:16 PM
I have nothing against free speech - but I don't think it's wise to let people from out of state who don't even ride hijack every thread, dominate every topic, troll, flame, and spam thousands of idiotic shitposts 24/7.

I enjoy meeting fellow motorcyclists here, finding out about rides and events, learning a little about technique, and repair/maintenance tips.

I would just ignore you-know-who - but he derails every thread in every topic. Putting an end to that kind of bullshit is where reasonable moderation could be valuable.

Gramps
Mon May 18th, 2015, 08:30 PM
Are you volunteering?

I'm tempted just to see if we can turn this thing around.

Nolan
Mon May 18th, 2015, 08:43 PM
I'm tempted just to see if we can turn this thing around.

Same, do I need to sit my ass down at a computer or just mobile?

I do agree that the public display of the dumb is ridiculous and pretty over the top. It's fine to give a bit of crap to our peers but more than that should be handled in another place. More than one party is at fault for feeding the beast.

I wasn't here in the "good ole days" but I'm glad the club/site was here because I've met people that have pointed me in the right direction.....or came looking for my slow ass.

The Black Knight
Mon May 18th, 2015, 09:00 PM
I have nothing against free speech - but I don't think it's wise to let people from out of state who don't even ride hijack every thread, dominate every topic, troll, flame, and spam thousands of idiotic shitposts 24/7.

I enjoy meeting fellow motorcyclists here, finding out about rides and events, learning a little about technique, and repair/maintenance tips.

I would just ignore you-know-who - but he derails every thread in every topic. Putting an end to that kind of bullshit is where reasonable moderation could be valuable.
I'm going to have to jump in here. Unlike Townie, who decided to take a poll on whether or not to leave. I just decided to leave altogether, with little fanfare. Happened to come back on the site here in the last few days and wow, this place never disappoints that's for sure.

However, I'm going to have to call some BS on that statement Zanatos. I remember posting a thread on here in the "tech" section of the site. Had to do with suspension settings. The prime reason for the thread was to get people to share some of their settings for their bikes. Hopefully in a chance to help others out that might be interested in learning to adjust their bikes suspension.

You know what the resounding response was? "Take it to someone who does suspension setup."

No one offered their settings, yet several just said to take it to someone and have it done. I mean really?? What ever happened to taking some time with your bike and learning about compression and damping, rebound and sag? Yeah it's all great to take the bike to someone and have it done. However, what is wrong with learning for yourself on how your bike works? Playing around with adding millimeters of thread to your rear shock or taking some out, or pulling your fork tubes through your triple clamp by a few millimeters.

Yet if it has to do with Gear(helmets, suits, gloves, etc.), people come out of the woodwork to throw in their two cents. Oh yeah, you'll also get lambasted for offering websites that offer great deals on the same gear we can find locally. Because after all, it's somehow more ethical to support a brick and mortar, verses making your dollar work better for the buyer. I've said it before, if you find gear, parts or anything for a substantially less price(i.e. $200 cheaper), you'd be a complete dumbass for buying it locally, just because there is some inherent good feeling by buying local. I'm sorry, for me business is business and will always be business. I'm all about making my money stretch and working for me.

Another example of how this site lacks cohesion. Track days... On one side, you have people trying to get others to come to other tracks that aren't named HPR. Pueblo is struggling and we hear of how we should support it. Then people won't go there because of lack of proper staffing and medical on site.

You can't have it both ways, we are going to continue to lose tracks because the interest leaves them.

Which is why, I stopped posting about track days and just went to them myself. Honestly, I love having PMP to myself. It's nice being out there and having a track completely to myself. The most I've seen out there have been four bikes + myself. I can live with that, I let everyone spread out and jump in and circulate at will.

So when you people say you're interested in finding out about rides, events, track days, races, yadda, yadda, yadda. Others take it with a grain of salt. The bonafide interest just isn't there.

Lastly,

I'm not going to jump into the whole "flame war" mess. All I can say, is you people are adults. Can't you all solve these issues like adults???? I don't mean duke it out like a bunch of kids at a schoolyard fight. I mean being serious gentlemen about it and settling your differences like men. Only a fool resorts to violence as the first line of problem solving. In reality, it should be the last venue to explore in the means of rectifying any given situation. Sit down, discuss and problem solve like men. Stop acting like a bunch of girls on the rag and at each others throats.....

I'm out for good.......

#1Townie
Mon May 18th, 2015, 09:05 PM

Omg just give it a fucking break. I'm derailing what? I tried to keep the shit to one post. You joker and sparkles are taking this shot to every thread.

SHUT THE FUCK UP

~Barn~
Mon May 18th, 2015, 09:18 PM
:lol:

Great thread, will read again.

Bye TBK! :hibye:

#1Townie
Mon May 18th, 2015, 09:19 PM
Fuck bk is out? Well this place just lost out big time.

Drano
Mon May 18th, 2015, 10:33 PM
Personally, I'd like to see this site get back to the basics. If it isn't related to motorcycling, gtfo. There is plenty of excess fat that could be trimmed off this hog, and it would make the site easier to manage. But that's just my opinion.

Ph03niX
Mon May 18th, 2015, 10:49 PM
^^^+1

Rides/tech or gtfo :cheers:

Jmetz
Mon May 18th, 2015, 11:02 PM
That's a little extreme. No forum I've been on is only that subject all of the time.

j0ker
Mon May 18th, 2015, 11:23 PM
Omg just give it a fucking break. I'm derailing what? I tried to keep the shit to one post. You joker and sparkles are taking this shot to every thread.

SHUT THE FUCK UP

I know you are hard for me, but stop mentioning me. I'm barely involved in your trolling war, other than attempting to clarify the bullshit and misrepresentations you are constantly throwing out. I never care to converse with you in any way and almost never agree with anything you puke out. You don't ride, you don't live here and you have absolutely no concept of respect or civility. Rub one out in my name and let me go sweetheart.

#1Townie
Tue May 19th, 2015, 04:00 AM
Personally, I'd like to see this site get back to the basics. If it isn't related to motorcycling, gtfo. There is plenty of excess fat that could be trimmed off this hog, and it would make the site easier to manage. But that's just my opinion.

Actually I would say this is part of the problem. There is no fun around here. No goofing off. Look at the way people take my posts. Its sad really.

If you guys really want to see it like it used to be than you need to remember the nonsense that came with it. Dana's cat pic Friday. Post whoring. Tons of debates. And finally weekly meets.

To only talk mc would get real boring real fast. Bikes don't change much and not every rider is into motogp. It would kill the forum honestly. Well kind of like it has.

By far this place needs to unwind its panties a bit. Shit is out of control.

bulldog
Tue May 19th, 2015, 07:30 AM
Maybe find out what made every other mod on here give up and fade away. Most were very active here until shortly after their appointment. I think this is the problem here! I am not sure how much is costs to run this site, but couldn't a moderator be paid a little bit and then they would take the job more seriously and not fade away. Not saying a lot, but I feel if someone has to moderate then maybe they should get compensated and then we will get better service; of course out of site donations and supporters.

Just an idea because people need to stop complaining and do something about it. You guys feel that strong make a huge donation to bring in a mod or volunteer to be one free of charge; as Spiderman's first post asked for volunteers but all I see is more b*tching and nobody stepping up.......you guys keep it up and believe me Ralph is just going to pull the plug and be done with it (actually knowing the guy a bit I am sure he has thought about it) :dunno:

P.S. And before I get flamed, yes I was a yearly supporter for many years. I will gladly become one again if I know where the money is going (not saying it is not being used right, just have no idea what a website like this costs to run)

Clovis
Tue May 19th, 2015, 08:01 AM
I agree with Drano and Zantos.

#1Townie - Never liked you, would have voted "GO" in your poll if you hadn't closed voting... so, with all due respect, please GTFO - your time has come and gone.

Regarding the site: I joined in May 2007; that was when I bought my first motorcycle and I came across the CSC in a Google search, as I suspect most new people did and still do. Back then the club was an amazing fun time. I recall one of the mods (I think Ralph?) had posted some pictures he took from a plan of the San Juan mountains and posted a weekend ride to Durango.

We had 12 bikes show up and it was a blast! That was my first over night trip and 8 years later I still remember it quite well. I remember the riding and how badly I wanted to be off the bike by the time we reached Pagosa Springs, but most of all I remember the people, the jokes, the drinks, the GOOD TIMES!

At dinner, I remember ordering drinks and "I'll have a diet coke and jack... because, I'm on a diet" and something about mad money becoming "Angry money" as we stood outside the hotel room, joking around and talking about the ride the day before and the ride ahead of us.

The first Fire Cracker 500 in 2008 - we also had 12 people show up for this - had a lot of fun despite 1 crash and 1 massive speeding ticket (me).

Fast forward to 2011 -- Durango trip, we had 4 people show and only 3 were CSC. We still had a lot of fun, despite getting rained on more or less non stop for 300 miles on day 1 but was a far cry from the 2008 trip that had inspired it. We still do the Firecracker 500 every year but we're lucky to get 5 people to show up now.

I've met hundreds of people through the CSC - it used to be every time I would go out riding and meet some people who were fun to ride or hang out with I would bring up CSC and they would usually join up.

I want to see a return to the glory days and the potential is there. No one likes the CSC we've become as reading the threads here it's hard to tell when it's winter and when it's summer because the threads all look like winter threads...

Maybe part of the problem is there seems to be a lot less sport bike riders out in the canyons than previous years. I noticed this last summer and seems to be true this year. When I go out to the canyons, it's almost rare to see other sport bikes. The only people I see actually out and riding the canyons are Harleys and cruisers. Seems like most of the newer sport bike riders are more interested in riding in a straight line or showing off for the ladies than they are riding the canyons and actually learning how to use their bike for it's intended purpose.

I've thought about how to fix this - I've considered asking to be a moderated, or take over the site or whatnot but the reality is, at least right now - I just don't have the time to do it by myself. My free time for CSC is limited to the early morning and evenings but if we could get a few moderators, then we have an option.

Right now we're a site without moderators and everything flies...

Clovis

Spooph
Tue May 19th, 2015, 08:48 AM
I think this is the problem here! I am not sure how much is costs to run this site, but couldn't a moderator be paid a little bit and then they would take the job more seriously and not fade away. Not saying a lot, but I feel if someone has to moderate then maybe they should get compensated and then we will get better service; of course out of site donations and supporters.

Just an idea because people need to stop complaining and do something about it. You guys feel that strong make a huge donation to bring in a mod or volunteer to be one free of charge; as Spiderman's first post asked for volunteers but all I see is more b*tching and nobody stepping up.......you guys keep it up and believe me Ralph is just going to pull the plug and be done with it (actually knowing the guy a bit I am sure he has thought about it) :dunno:

P.S. And before I get flamed, yes I was a yearly supporter for many years. I will gladly become one again if I know where the money is going (not saying it is not being used right, just have no idea what a website like this costs to run)

Have you ever been a mod? First, thanks for throwing out an idea and trying to solve the problem. Obviously that's the right attitude and I'm not trying to step on that... However, having been a mod on other forums, it's a thankless job and no amount of money can make it worth it. A mod should only step if things get out of hand, so, yes, the site requires moderation, but what it needs more than anything is intelligent members posting topic-specific content.

IE - when's the last time an article from cycleworld or sportrider was posted and discussed? There is so much to bench race about - some subtopic have been mentioned on here - why aren't there more riders in the canyons? What about track talk - why not get a group together to "save Pueblo" or whatever...

So Bulldog, you're on the right track, there do need to be active mods, but that's not gonna "fix" the site. Only the membership will. If you, and every other active member who posted in this thread, starts one new thread concerning sport bikes in Colorado, every day, for the rest of the summer, maybe the CSC will get back to something worthwhile.
IE - formula for successful forum:
1.) Members inform themselves from other sources, and share that information in the forum.
2.) When the discussion gets out of hand, there is a mod to "moderate" the disagreement.

Drano
Tue May 19th, 2015, 09:37 AM
It is good to know that there are several people who see this site as needing moderation and want to fix it. I will say this, however, I feel that the problem with the site is indicative of a greater issue. Maybe it is apathy, maybe what Bulldog has said is what is basically just waiting to happen: that Ralph is eventually going to pull the plug. I wouldn't blame him. Spooph said it best, being the admin/moderator is a thankless job, and if Bob and Ralph have given up caring, then it's up to us to show them that WE care.

Secondly, this is not about telling people to stay or go. It doesn't matter if people do or don't ride. What matters is their interest in the content of this site, which should be mostly related to motorcycles. I'll grant that there are other interesting things to discuss, but they shouldn't dominate the landscape. Also, you all are flaming on Townie pretty hard and that needs to stop. It takes two to tango, and he should be just as welcome to stay here as anybody else, regardless as to whether he lives here or not, and whether or not he currently has a bike or not. I'm in between bikes right now, and I'd hate to be told that I have no place here. This place is supposed to generate interest in sportbikes. It's supposed to inform people about our hobby and help infuse new blood. We're responsible for that, and moderators are responsible for keeping us on point.

So I will say this to Bob and Ralph: I care about this forum. I want to help where I can. As I mentioned above, I'll volunteer to be a moderator if I'm needed. I'm probably not the most ideal person for the job because I'm drill sergeant mean when I'm tasked to do something. I'm not afraid to piss people off when it comes to laying down the law. So if you want somebody who will wield the hammer with authoritarian despotism, promote me. If you don't like the job I'm doing, you have the power to take it away.

bulldog
Tue May 19th, 2015, 09:43 AM
Have you ever been a mod? First, thanks for throwing out an idea and trying to solve the problem. Obviously that's the right attitude and I'm not trying to step on that... However, having been a mod on other forums, it's a thankless job and no amount of money can make it worth it. A mod should only step if things get out of hand, so, yes, the site requires moderation, but what it needs more than anything is intelligent members posting topic-specific content.

IE - when's the last time an article from cycleworld or sportrider was posted and discussed? There is so much to bench race about - some subtopic have been mentioned on here - why aren't there more riders in the canyons? What about track talk - why not get a group together to "save Pueblo" or whatever...

So Bulldog, you're on the right track, there do need to be active mods, but that's not gonna "fix" the site. Only the membership will. If you, and every other active member who posted in this thread, starts one new thread concerning sport bikes in Colorado, every day, for the rest of the summer, maybe the CSC will get back to something worthwhile.
IE - formula for successful forum:
1.) Members inform themselves from other sources, and share that information in the forum.
2.) When the discussion gets out of hand, there is a mod to "moderate" the disagreement. I have never been a mod…basically because of what you said….a thankless job and people just start to hate on the person for doing their job; seen it so many time “wtf did you delete my post for”. That is why the only way I could think of fixing this is to offer up money to the person willing to do it; there just are not enough people that come on here daily that could fill that roll; honestly I would if I didn’t have a job or worked from home, but I can never say I will be able to get on here all the time because my job comes first. And not so sure anyone would want to step into this roll for free knowing it needs a lot of work.

No idea why more people, especially the ones who are complaining, do not offer more sportbike content. I rode for 18+ years and I made tons of bike related threads and daily rides, but with me I have not been into the scene as much now because I am on a break until I figure out what bike suites me next ( kind of over the uncomfortable sportbikes and thinking maybe a VFR or something along that line). Anyways since I am not up to date it has become more difficult to make those threads and I really look to the younger crowd to step up to do this like I once did as they are the main riding scene now.

So I agree and members need to step up too! People complaining there is not enough sportbike talk, well then go find a good topic and post it up; most likely someone will be interested. Hate all the “off topic” talk then overrun it with sportbike topics….but yes it takes work and more than people complaining.

And yes, I feel we only need a mod for those situations where two men are arguing and pretty clear neither are going to stop; pretty typical with men, so we do need someone to stop it before it gets escalated (saying this as being guilty myself or arguing too far).

I really do fear that Ralph is getting sick of all this and one day soon we are going to come on here and the site will be gone forever; can’t blame him as he runs this mainly for others since he rarely posts now. So people complaining may one day be wishing we still even had the site going…even if it is not perfect right now.

~Barn~
Tue May 19th, 2015, 09:49 AM
Really good post Drano. :up:

Ezzzzy1
Tue May 19th, 2015, 09:56 AM
Believe it or not, I too, feel that its unfortunate things are going the way they are around here. Its sad actually that people cant just get along and have a common goal of success for the site, but whats anyone to do? I have absolutely no problem going after the folks that are on here for the "fun" of it. That dont even fit an obvious outline of why we all should be here. Ride, dont ride. Live in the state or not. CONTRIBUTE!

Contributing doesnt have to be more than a concept of why you are here. "I am here to contribute". Thats all. It could also be site support, say in the form of donating yearly or to some of the events that seem to need help. Honestly all this site needs is 3-4 people that are willing to try and take it to another level and keep it out of the dumps.

I apologize for my contribution to what may have seemed to some to be a trolling war. That was never my goal or what I set out to do, but I am tired of watching the same people be a disruption to the whole site. If you are here to simply fill your day because you are training a new person at work and feel like playing games with people then this isnt the place for you. If you could care less about bettering the sportbike community in Colorado then this isnt the place for you.

Either way, id be happy to tackle whatever needs to be done around here to take it in another direction. Assuming its not too late.

Kim-n-Dean
Tue May 19th, 2015, 10:06 AM
My vote goes to Bueller for moderator!

Spooph
Tue May 19th, 2015, 10:08 AM
looks like we have our 3 or 4 people right here... If we can get buy-in from the powers that be... BOOM!

WolFeYeZ
Tue May 19th, 2015, 10:17 AM
Solution:
Step 1: Appoint 3 new moderators that you trust, immediately.
Step 2: Ban Townie. He is much more of a liability than a benefit. Seeing him threaten other members (and more) without any recourse is disappointing.
Step 3: Have new moderators have a presence in enforcing rules, including those of respect amongst members. An occasional post of “Is that really fucking necessary to say?” might be helpful.

Jmetz
Tue May 19th, 2015, 10:24 AM
I'll also throw my hat in for mod. I agree with Drano and Spooph, ultimately it's up to us what this board/club is or is not. Be the change you want to see.

~Barn~
Tue May 19th, 2015, 10:30 AM
I vote for anybody for Mod except Wolfeyez. Dude's already ready to drop the ban hammer!

:p

Bueller
Tue May 19th, 2015, 10:30 AM
My vote goes to Bueller for moderator!

You gotta be high!

WolFeYeZ
Tue May 19th, 2015, 10:47 AM
I vote for anybody for Mod except Wolfeyez. Dude's already ready to drop the ban hammer!

:p

Hey, I've been a mod before and used the banhammer generously... but accurately :P Never had any pushback, haha.

On a different note, I don't want to be a mod here... not enough time these days. I would be down for most of the people posting here except townie, lolz.

Kim-n-Dean
Tue May 19th, 2015, 10:52 AM
You gotta be high!Ah, come on. In between banning people, you can install their ceiling fans, too.

Bueller
Tue May 19th, 2015, 11:08 AM
Hey I got some new tires, I hear you change 'em cheap.

Kim-n-Dean
Tue May 19th, 2015, 11:12 AM
Hey I got some new tires, I hear you change 'em cheap.... not since some whiffle dick broke my machine!!

Gramps
Tue May 19th, 2015, 01:09 PM
... not since some whiffle dick broke my machine!!

You said whiffle Dick :lol:

Bueller
Tue May 19th, 2015, 02:45 PM
Whiffle or wiffle?

Kim-n-Dean
Tue May 19th, 2015, 02:59 PM
Whiffle or wiffle?Ya know... I'm not sure. I like whiffle with it's definition meaning to blow lightly, but I also like the reference to Wiffle Ball...

rybo
Tue May 19th, 2015, 03:11 PM
Hi,

It's true, I moved. I was highly active both before and after becoming a mod, which I THINK I've been since 2004. I've offered coaching, run track days , set up peoples suspension, posted articles, banned people, deleted posts, made friends and pissed people off.

If I'm really honest with myself, I just ran out of time to care as much about this as I could in the past.

If it's fit to remove me as a moderator, then go ahead and do it. It would have to be pretty out of hand on a day that I was on for me to take action over something.

I support the call for additional moderation, I support the active users taking responsibility for managing the content of the site - go forth Millennial generation of the CSC!

FZRguy
Tue May 19th, 2015, 04:23 PM
No need to ban Townie or anyone else. If you guys would stop taking the bait (hook, line, sinker) and not respond to his posts, he will leave. It's that simple.

Bueller
Tue May 19th, 2015, 05:24 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wiffle_ball

Zanatos
Tue May 19th, 2015, 06:11 PM
No need to ban Townie or anyone else. If you guys would stop taking the bait (hook, line, sinker) and not respond to his posts, he will leave. It's that simple.

The guy is literally in EVERY thread, so it doesn't matter if you ignore him or not. He still shows up, says something off-topic, confrontational, or just plain stupid - then hijacks the conversation from that point forward. He has been doing it for a long time and will never quit unless he is banned or trolled to death (just like he has nearly trolled this place to death).

Slo
Tue May 19th, 2015, 06:31 PM
Nah, in the past 10 years I been on here, he has yet to troll any thread I ever put up, nor has he ever come back in response to any post I have ever done in a severe negative manner.

On another note, we definitely have a few thin skinned individuals who have to have the last say..... just too much to let things go and have to put in the last word. Along with individuals here that love to jump on the bandwagon and then take on a online mob mentality.

Gramps
Tue May 19th, 2015, 07:34 PM

Agreed

j0ker
Tue May 19th, 2015, 09:00 PM
Nah, in the past 10 years I been on here, he has yet to troll any thread I ever put up, nor has he ever come back in response to any post I have ever done in a severe negative manner.

On another note, we definitely have a few thin skinned individuals who have to have the last say..... just too much to let things go and have to put in the last word. Along with individuals here that love to jump on the bandwagon and then take on a online mob mentality.

Thin skinned or tired of some guy you don't know calling you a cock sucker for asking for help with a bike?

lth
Tue May 19th, 2015, 09:24 PM
I'm happy to see this thread. I don't come to the forums that often, but this year the "new posts" section seems to be dominated by Townie & some off-putting flame war with someone. I don't really see too many (any?) other people that need banning or moderation.

I'm all for talking more about motorbikes & other fun topics, keeping it civil, and relying on the forum members to call out bad behavior (like this thread is doing). Go CSC!

#1Townie
Tue May 19th, 2015, 10:35 PM
This will be fun. Joker I went through all your threads you started in the last two years to see how many of your threads I fucked up. I found one... The one with your freak out because I agreed with someone else and said that sounds like a plan.

Now on to the others.

Ith out of your whole 83 posts we have zero threads where we even talked in the same thread. Well excluding this one of course.

#1Townie
Tue May 19th, 2015, 10:47 PM
The guy is literally in EVERY thread, so it doesn't matter if you ignore him or not. He still shows up, says something off-topic, confrontational, or just plain stupid - then hijacks the conversation from that point forward. He has been doing it for a long time and will never quit unless he is banned or trolled to death (just like he has nearly trolled this place to death).

Hmmm. Looks like out of your started threads in the last two years I thread jacked one. Good points you make here.

Every thread you say. There is all your threads.

#1Townie
Tue May 19th, 2015, 11:20 PM
So out of four of you who claim I should be banned because of all the crap I started... I found like four threads where I was a dick in your threads. Four of you. Two years each.

You guys are really going to make these accusations?

Seriously guys. Big boy pants time. Adult talk time. Joker I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings by saying that's a plan. In response to your bitchquit comment I went a little deep.

I am not one to walk away from a good time. So you gave me an invite and I took it. For that I'm sorry. I'm also sorry for every post after that that has lead us to this point.

Ezzzzy. I am not really sure what I did to start this whole I live riding my townie... I don't know. We haven't had any issues for a long while. So I'm truly at a loss for why all the PMS about me whatever else. To be truly honest had that poll gone your way I was going to ask born to delete me. Hell man I even gave you my vote. I thought truly you were going to win that. But anyways. Again in don't what I did to you. We have had some blow outs but we have also got along just fine as well. So whatever I did I'm sorry. Shoot me a pm and let me know what it is exactly I did. No more bitching. I just don't have it in me.

Clovis. You and I haven't really had much in the way of communication. We don't post in the same areas much. Buuuut I do know a few years ago I really laid into you. Guess you have kind of held on to that. I don't remember the thread or all that was said but I know I ripped you up one side and down the other fairly well. For that sir I apologize.

Zan. First of all let me be undick and say thank you for your service. Truly. Part of being a good repo guy is being good at reading people. With that comes the ability to truly spill some venom. For that I apologize. I know it was a thread of mine where you and I didn't agree a while back and I started calling you a coward. For this I will also apologize.

Aaron. I don't think anyone on this board got it worse than you. After your dead dog pic I waited for the right moment and went the fuck off. That was a bad thread. I apologize for that thread. I apologize for my comments and how far I took it.

Nate. You and I seem to go round and round sometimes. We always come to terms in PMS. You sir. You and I will box one day. After that I will buy the first round. I have a feeling you will take me late in the first. My cardio is shit these days. Lol. But you dense fuck. Lol.. I am sorry for how personal I took things with you.

Barn. I think in the last two yours I have given it to you overall the hardest. You sellout blah blah sheep blah blah coward blah blah in almost every disagreement we have had for the last like two years. You and I used to be way cool back in the day. We had some debates but we were cool. I've been a prick to you. In a ton of threads. For this I also apologize. What's funny is no matter how big of a dick I've been to you you let that shit roll off your back like nothing. Part of why I gave you that vote for mod. I do respect you bro. Those of use who have been on here for more than a few years can remember some truly exciting and fun moments and some truly dark times. I'm sorry for throwing some of yours in your face. It won't happen again. You have my word on that.

For the rest of you that I have hurt or attacked. Please understand that 99% of the shit I post is sarcasim. If this gets you going I'm sorry. Mainly pure boredom and one person is having a bad day and lashes out at me... Hey a pet to play with today. But this is going a bit far guys. I didn't even post today. I just let you guys do your thing. Trying ronlet you guys vent it but its going too far.

I'm sorry to everyone for the flames. I'm going to take a giant step back. Its why the avatar is gone. The Sig is gone. (Very few people complained but some did). So just relax guys. Enjoy life a little more.

There is a few here that take things waaaaaay too seriously. This is coming from super shithead. If its not me it will be someone else. Its the internet. Not done utopia of peace love and happiness. Calm down. Take a breath. Go for a walk. Go for a ride. Go enjoy your life and don't worry so much about that screen name that called you a dick. He means nothing to your life. Zip. Zilch. Nada. Not even a little.

So again CSC. Who ever hasn't blocked me. Lol. I apologize. Enjoy the peace.

bulldog
Wed May 20th, 2015, 07:28 AM
Nate. You and I seem to go round and round sometimes. We always come to terms in PMS. You sir. You and I will box one day. After that I will buy the first round. I have a feeling you will take me late in the first. My cardio is shit these days. Lol. But you dense fuck. Lol.. I am sorry for how personal I took things with you.
.To me it takes a big man to apologize and that is why you and I have always worked things out and why I still do respect you and never have held any grudges. I went too long in my life holding in hate for people and it never got me anywhere. Believe it or not I have learned some good lessons from debating with you over the years….like when I just had to stop before I got a ulcer :lol: Seriously bro this was not something easy for me as I am like you and hate to back down, but I actually have grown from my experiences.

Overall we argued, but we also had some really good discussions too. :up:

Heck yeah one day we will get to pop open a beer and do a fun a good match; did it all my life with buddies and still swear it gains respect between two men when they can shake hands after and laugh about it.

Nolan
Wed May 20th, 2015, 08:21 AM
If there was a section that was invisible to people with less than 50 posts or something where people could sword fight all day long I personally wouldn't give two fucks how many flames went out. This is a PUBLIC forum. How much fucktardery do we need to broadcast to people that are looking for information or people to ride with? Fine. Winter is still here. Go spank it, find a new exhaust, girlfriend, boyfriend and be more mature about what YOU present to the public eye. Yeah, everyone should relax it's just words on a screen. Fine, it's sarcasm. Whatever you hurt someone's feeling. They hurt yours. Wah wah wah. If this was the focus 3 whole years ago in the forum I wouldn't be a part of it or even care. Hell, that might mean I wouldn't even know wtf HPR was or PMP IMI or the MRA. I'm turning 40 this year and you kids are still doing pissing matches and measuring dicks to get your jollys off.
Instead of apologizing, don't fucking do it. You want stimulating conversation? Be informative and not a dick. Get to know someone before you flame their shit.
Whatever. Lose the ego. Decide if this place is really just a good time for your boredom or what.
Fuck it. Y'all have the dumb.

Nolan
Wed May 20th, 2015, 09:04 AM
http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/search.php?searchid=238468
I wonder why this guy isn't involved..... Hmmm

Gramps
Wed May 20th, 2015, 09:10 AM
I'm sorry to everyone for the flames. I'm going to take a giant step back. Its why the avatar is gone. The Sig is gone. (Very few people complained but some did). So just relax guys. Enjoy life a little more.

There is a few here that take things waaaaaay too seriously. This is coming from super shithead. If its not me it will be someone else. Its the internet. Not done utopia of peace love and happiness. Calm down. Take a breath. Go for a walk. Go for a ride. Go enjoy your life and don't worry so much about that screen name that called you a dick. He means nothing to your life. Zip. Zilch. Nada. Not even a little.

So again CSC. Who ever hasn't blocked me. Lol. I apologize. Enjoy the peace.

First Thank you for the "step back" I'm sure a lot of people will appreciate the effort. Just remember actions are louder than words.

Second let's be clear that you shouldn't flatter yourself that anyone had any fucks to give about your continuous spouting. What they did have fucks to give about was that you were continually degrading a place that has facilitated friendships and good times and hopefully still has that potential. Let me explain it this way. In the absence of knowledge of the person or topic people are apt to form the wrong impression. So a new forum member joins and in the first few weeks encounter some bantering between members and decides to go other places. In this instance the forum loses. We lose the chance to meet someone new or guide that person to better riding or show them different aspects of motorcycling.

Here is hoping the site can learn from the past and move to the future. I think there are a lot of people looking for a manageable place to organize rides and find out more about motorcycling without the banter.

Zanatos
Wed May 20th, 2015, 10:01 AM
I didn't bother reading Townie's thousand-word diatribe above.

But now he is going back and commenting every thread I have posted in where he believes that he "wasn't a dick."

Can you say stalker?????!!!!!

The problem is not that he is ALWAYS a dick. It is that he ALWAYS has to comment. Some of those comments are dickish. Some are attention-whorish. Some are irrelevant. But most of them are consistently stupid.

Jmetz
Wed May 20th, 2015, 10:47 AM
http://youtu.be/L0MK7qz13bU

bulldog
Wed May 20th, 2015, 10:53 AM
http://youtu.be/L0MK7qz13bU :spit: Hilarious....but I agree, let it go already man!

madvlad
Wed May 20th, 2015, 10:54 AM

Slo
Wed May 20th, 2015, 11:06 AM
LOL and very true!!

Nolan
Wed May 20th, 2015, 11:09 AM
Thanks. Now I've got that stuck in my head.... Again.

madvlad
Wed May 20th, 2015, 11:26 AM
Just let it go man lol

Captain Obvious
Wed May 20th, 2015, 11:27 AM
But now he is going back and commenting every thread I have posted in where he believes that he "wasn't a dick."

The problem is not that he is ALWAYS a dick. It is that he ALWAYS has to comment. Some of those comments are dickish. Some are attention-whorish. Some are irrelevant. But most of them are consistently stupid.

Well that explains why there were 2 pages of threads with updates from Townie saying nope. I hate blocking anyone's postings, but with the last 30+ posts being useless, the ratio of useful:useless postings just went down. Townie, thats the kind of behavior that just wears on people and makes them go "this fu(@#ng guy..." . It turns into the scenario with a child where they go "why?" "why" "why". Its not the individual why or the question itself. Its the never-ending presence that makes you want to tell them "SHUT UP! Go away!"

Zanatos
Wed May 20th, 2015, 11:46 AM
^^^^^^^EXACTLY!

Ezzzzy1
Wed May 20th, 2015, 11:49 AM
Ezzzzy. I am not really sure what I did to start this whole I live riding my townie... I don't know. We haven't had any issues for a long while. So I'm truly at a loss for why all the PMS about me whatever else. To be truly honest had that poll gone your way I was going to ask born to delete me. Hell man I even gave you my vote. I thought truly you were going to win that. But anyways. Again in don't what I did to you. We have had some blow outs but we have also got along just fine as well. So whatever I did I'm sorry. Shoot me a pm and let me know what it is exactly I did. No more bitching. I just don't have it in me.

I can respect your step back and basically thats all I have wanted the whole time. Come here to make this place better not worse.

My irritation with you around here isnt a personal thing for me. My irritation is with how you treat the people here. The bicycle thing was just an inside joke between a few people that may or may not have come out until Nate threatened me to go to you with the joke. He called me a coward for not letting you in on the joke myself but that was never the point. It was just something that was funny to me that a few others asked about and I told them.

So, it was made into a big deal by someone that didnt like getting ignored. Its that simple. Which is funny because all of anyones advice on here is "just ignore the stupid comments".

Either way, and I dont want to speak for everyone, my guess is: if the trolling goes away things would be a lot more peaceful and welcoming to new folks.

madvlad
Wed May 20th, 2015, 11:51 AM
Did all this shit start over the bicycle thing? Wow wtf

madvlad
Wed May 20th, 2015, 12:40 PM
Way to stir the pot biatch lol

Ezzzzy1
Wed May 20th, 2015, 12:40 PM
Did all this shit start over the bicycle thing? Wow wtf

:lol: Worked like a charm too! :rock:

Sure... Its a little different when someone goes to someone else and says "guess what Ezzzzys doing" instead of the joke coming out on its own. And its crazy to me, Nate, that you are sitting there talking about peace and letting shit go and being a bigger man when all you have ever done is PM me with your dirty laundry about other members and talk shit behind their backs (go read the PMs). Then you went and literally threw fire on a situation that didnt need you involved AND you did it to try and hurt me with your "im going to go tell townie" shit.

Im not trying to fire this back up but quit talking out of both sides of your mouth Nate.

FZRguy
Wed May 20th, 2015, 09:05 PM
That's all very interesting but can we get back to the mod thing? Exactly who are the current mods on this site?

Jmetz
Wed May 20th, 2015, 10:06 PM
Chadwick, Mel and Rybo.

WolFeYeZ
Wed May 20th, 2015, 10:34 PM
Oh, townie maliciously mass spammed CSC with the same post? I definitely would have dropped that banhammer again. Oh well.

FZRguy
Thu May 21st, 2015, 03:03 AM
I mean a complete list direct from Pres Bob. Mods don't ban members. That's very rare and up to Bob and Ralph. I'm not in favor of banning Townie, or anyone for that matter.

#1Townie
Thu May 21st, 2015, 03:55 AM
Oh, townie maliciously mass spammed CSC with the same post? I definitely would have dropped that banhammer again. Oh well.

Please stop. I have.

WolFeYeZ
Thu May 21st, 2015, 09:12 AM
Please stop. I have.

Hey sorry, I'm a little behind. The spam was only like 24 hours before my post.

I appreciate that you have stopped, and I will do the same.

Jason ON
Thu May 21st, 2015, 06:50 PM
I just read through four pages of whatever and have learned thus:

1- Everyone of CSC is too sensitive.
2- CSC is filled with dicks (but seriously, who didn't know that already?)
3- No one likes #1Townie
4- No one talks about motorcycles
5- Talking about motorcycles will only kill the community
6- Moderators are useless
7- We need more moderators (not me, I already have enough responsibility with my own community)
8- Banhammers should be wielded sparingly
9- All hail the banhammer!
10- CSC We Know Drama

FZRguy
Fri May 22nd, 2015, 01:14 AM
Chadwick, Mel and Rybo.

This may be the complete list as I can’t find any other moderators in the member list. Melanie is not on this site, Rybo occasionally, Wicky is fairly regular. I think just the presence of a moderator that is on the forum daily will help. What does a mod do? So far as I know, approve new members, grant new female members access to their forum, respond to PMs, sticky useful threads, remove posts, pics, vids that run afoul of forum rules, nudge threads back on topic if possible, close threads that get really out of hand (I think most of us prefer a hands off approach in most cases; we don’t want or need a mod Nazi). I don’t see these duties as a huge commitment of time for someone that is already reading most threads on a daily basis. I am happy to fill this need if Bob thinks it necessary. Completely up to him tho.

aspenbum
Fri May 22nd, 2015, 08:31 AM
Chadwick closed the thread started by Fifty280 according to the rules once it got out of hand, which only took about an hour. He is still doing his job as a mod, I think it would take a lot of time to filter out all of the bs that gets posted on here which he just doesn't have the time by himself. The members need to just stay on topic and not be so trigger happy with the keyboard when they get mad about something.

Matrix
Fri May 22nd, 2015, 10:04 PM
My two cents mean very little but...A handful of instigators has managed to dominate this site and as mentioned in the original post, has done a good job of running the good people off (people who just don't have time or care to deal with drama) . Being a post whore for the good of welcoming new people is awesome. But being a post whore because half your posts are argumentative is a waste. Take your drama somewhere else.

Ezzzzy1
Fri May 22nd, 2015, 10:37 PM
My two cents mean very little but...A handful of instigators has managed to dominate this site and as mentioned in the original post, has done a good job of running the good people off (people who just don't have time or care to deal with drama) . Being a post whore for the good of welcoming new people is awesome. But being a post whore because half your posts are argumentative is a waste. Take your drama somewhere else.

I think you could look at it that way but I also think that there are people on here that have stepped up and tried to take over for the lack of structure around here.

Hypothetical questions
Think about it like this: How much do you enjoy the CSC? If its less than a 6 out of 10 then my guess is you could really care less about the condition of this place and whats going on. In other words it could be gone tomorrow and you wouldnt think anything of it. I think thats fair to say.

What if its an 8+. What if you do care about this place? What if you contribute financially to see it succeed? What if you are tired of the same few people getting involved in every conversation that admittedly shit on things just to get or keep threads going? Would you even be willing to make yourself look foolish to try and change things or run them off?

Im sure the way people feel about me on here (that dont personally know me) is mixed but thats because im more than happy to go heads up with anyone thats not here to be at least civil and respectful. The more anyone contributes here, the more valuable they are to its positive existence. There are not Mods stopping things. I personally feel that if no one else is going to say or do something about it, I will.

So, am I part of the problem? Maybe. Maybe. But im not just going to sit back and watch this place be disrespected.

Unless maybe I am wrong? Im not against anyone telling me what they think about the way I act on here. If its to better this place, then again, im down to do it.

FZRguy
Fri May 22nd, 2015, 11:20 PM
I like the openness and tolerance of this forum. Even our Love of Sexy Women thread would not fly on ThumperTalk or ADVrider. Do you really want a straight-laced, strict kinda forum where the ban hammer swings freely? I don’t. Some of the most entertaining threads have been the drama threads, political debates, crazy shit that happens on a ride, or social gathering, etc. There’s no rule that says you have to read or participate in threads or posts that you find offensive.

#1Townie
Sat May 23rd, 2015, 12:42 AM
I think you could look at it that way but I also think that there are people on here that have stepped up and tried to take over for the lack of structure around here.

Hypothetical questions
Think about it like this: How much do you enjoy the CSC? If its less than a 6 out of 10 then my guess is you could really care less about the condition of this place and whats going on. In other words it could be gone tomorrow and you wouldnt think anything of it. I think thats fair to say.

What if its an 8+. What if you do care about this place? What if you contribute financially to see it succeed? What if you are tired of the same few people getting involved in every conversation that admittedly shit on things just to get or keep threads going? Would you even be willing to make yourself look foolish to try and change things or run them off?

Im sure the way people feel about me on here (that dont personally know me) is mixed but thats because im more than happy to go heads up with anyone thats not here to be at least civil and respectful. The more anyone contributes here, the more valuable they are to its positive existence. There are not Mods stopping things. I personally feel that if no one else is going to say or do something about it, I will.

So, am I part of the problem? Maybe. Maybe. But im not just going to sit back and watch this place be disrespected.

Unless maybe I am wrong? Im not against anyone telling me what they think about the way I act on here. If its to better this place, then again, im down to do it.

Hey no troll. None. Ligit bro. You think I have made it around here for ten years because I abuse things? You think I have been here for ten years because I hate everything and everyone? You think I have lasted ten years because there has never been mods?

Sit back and soak that in for a second. I know I can be abrasive. I know sometimes I take things too far. I don't mean to but honestly. 100% honestly bro do something for me. Take some time and go read the so called shit threads. Maybe I made a somewhat comment that wasn't liked by someone. Go look at the response to that comment and see where things go.

Perfect example and sorry joker I'm not trying to start drama I'm just using this as an example. "There's an idea".

What followed that? " I thought you bitchquit last week". And there we go from there.

Another example bro.. And please don't take this to heart. This isn't trolling I promise. For sure. Just open discussion. Bulldog made a comment that made you a little upset. That lead to some angry PMS. That lead to me being told about the riding townie joke.

How did you honestly think that was going to go down WHEN I found out? But I have to give it to you. that was a very creative troll but at the end of the day it didn't make you any better than me. Just helped add to the problem that you and some others were complaining about.

No one involved in the shit flinging the last couple of weeks is innocent. None of us.

But to claim that I do nothing but post bullshit or flame wars is very wrong. I don't mess with riding threads. I don't mess with hangouts. I never have.

Maybe after its over and some drama I will drop a two cents on it. But honestly its not like this site has been known for its acceptance of riders. Look at the stunt section. As soon as someone posts something stunt related they dubbed a squid or bullied off the site.

Actually if its not track related they are hammered fairly hard. And that's not by me.

Look at the how to save the track thread. Are you guys going to blame that little drama on me? Fact is we are all passionate about what we like.

I live wheelies and I will explain why. Tell me I'm not a rider after this.

To me a wheelie long high speed wheelie is peace on earth. When I hit that one mile mark and I'm just rocking the smoothest wheelie there is nothing else in the world. No drama. No nothing. Just me that wheelie and the road. The him of the bike and sound of rushing air around my lid. Just amazing. It is my peace on earth.

But because I don't ride at the track or full gear all the time I'm a squid, poser or loser. I don't deserve to breathe the same air as the track gods.

There is no one problem with this forum. Actually in don't think there is a problem with the forum. After doing some searching it seems that forums are having issues all over. Seems social media has kind of stepped in to help do that.

As was said earlier this week the CSC Facebook page is hopping. But that's okay. Nothing wrong with that.

I would also like to point out that there was a lot of complaints from a lot of people about not enough sport bike content but they have very few threads started in recent YEARS.

No one is stopping anyone from pasting something they think should be posted. Yes in post a lot. Sorry I work the Oakland ports. Not sure if anyone has watched the news lately but those dock workers have given us truckers a lot of time to play with. Lol.

Anyways I try to post all kids of things that I think will stimulate a conversation. I have only posted one personal issues in as long as I can remember. The whole domestic thing.

Besides that I truly try to just find things to talk about. Things that maybe we should talk about besides bikes. I'm sorry I don't watch motogp. Bikes haven't changed much in the last four or five years. No new amazing mods.

Not a whole lot to talk about unless you watch motogp and are watching who beat who. I'm sorry I find that boring and I know many others do as well.

So really guys for all those complaining about not enough sport bike threads..... Make one. No one is stopping you. I know it kind of sucks to post something that you think everyone will love and no one even posts a response.

That's kind of how it works. I have posted everything from emotional to just really cool.

Go for it. Just post. Create new threads. Talk. Ignore negative posts. Grow some thicker skin.

I will end this with a wide thank you. Ezzzy thank you for ending the riding townie thing. That was an amazing troll. I give that to you. It really bothered me and took me everything to not post about that today.

So ligit bro thank you. Have a good weekend.

Drano
Sat May 23rd, 2015, 12:57 AM
Personally I'd like to see more stunting-related activity on the site. It takes some serious skills learning how to do that stuff, and I think we all could benefit from the entertainment it provides. I'm not too thrilled about the idea of Denver shutowns or the FTP attitude that seems to coincide with the activity. But I never get bored watching extremely talented riders demonstrate their skills.

GMR
Sat May 23rd, 2015, 01:10 AM
Personally I'd like to see more stunting-related activity on the site. It takes some serious skills learning how to do that stuff, and I think we all could benefit from the entertainment it provides. I'm not too thrilled about the idea of Denver shutowns or the FTP attitude that seems to coincide with the activity. But I never get bored watching extremely talented riders demonstrate their skills.

Agreed. I really just come on here for the rides, and wing nights :-) But sometime I'd like to join some people on here and go out to a Nationwide meet or whatnot, maybe a Twin Peaks night (assuming they're still having them), etc.

Slo
Sat May 23rd, 2015, 02:31 AM
There have been stunters among other types of riders come by this forum, many times over the years..... and there have also been some who again, take on the holier than thou mentality and think because they don't ride or think the way some others on here do....that they are not welcome here.

Newsflash for some..... anyone posting on here or on any other forum, be ready for someone or some people that don't agree. When they do, and if you entertain it even more so by feeding back into the debate, and if things start to escalate (you know when this is happening, don't play stupid or innocent), yes.... "YOU" are also part of the issue. You may think you are in the right, but your just as much to blame.

I'm not trying to side with any one side, just trying to give an unbiased perspective since I don't like anyone here. LOL, just a joke, not really, maybe, yeah.

GMR
Sat May 23rd, 2015, 04:38 AM
I get what you're saying and I've seen it, maybe that puts some people off. A lot of people can hardly afford a bike, let alone a good helmet, boots, gloves, $800+ set of leathers so when they come on here and see people more than stressing the importance of gear (more like making it mandatory), I can see how people shy away.

I don't think it's that bad though, people sound more intimidating on the forum. I've shown up to a number of rides wearing nothing more than a helmet for gear and nobody has ever really called me out, the most someone ever did was offer me a pair of gloves.

And "the pace" is generally good. I've had fun on all the rides whether it's just with a few people (those tend to be at the fastest pace), or a large group (good for all riders and abilities).

Still, WHAT HAPPENED TO BRUZER!? Grim did a great job chasing him away. He was the one pushing going cruising downtown, doin wheelies, getting drunk...haha. Maybe we need to branch out a bit from strictly canyon rides

j0ker
Sat May 23rd, 2015, 01:35 PM
Perfect example and sorry joker I'm not trying to start drama I'm just using this as an example. "There's an idea".

What followed that? " I thought you bitchquit last week". And there we go from there.

What this is, is a good example of you adding no value to a conversation. And, since I don't read all of the posts on here, I thought you did quit the previous week. It's always nice to see you post up pictures and movies of riding and I admit I have enjoyed some of them. However, it is this exact type of thing you did in my thread that makes a lot of people turned off by you. No, you did not post the comment to which you were also replying, but not only was that first comment unhelpful and inaccurate, yours was also in no way helpful. This begs the question, why talk at all if the only thing you have to say is unhelpful, inflammatory or derogatory?

What happened to the brotherhood of bikers? Helping each other so we can have the best experience out there safely? Deriding someones thread for trying to fix their bike is childish and super dickish. None of that surprises me from you, but again, that is why I see no use in 99.99% of your posts. That also doesn't mean you can't change the way you act. I imagine you have a lot of actual knowledge behind all the dickishness and sarcasm. I would challenge you to use that knowledge to help people on here and not in an attempt to make them feel bad.

You want honesty? Quit being an unrelenting asshole and people will deal with you better. Quit responding to everyone with huge posts about how you were wronged. Goddamn some of those are long.

My 2 cents.

Clovis
Sat May 23rd, 2015, 02:36 PM
Townie needs the ban hammer. He's a troll, he can't help himself. GTFO you troll.

#1Townie
Sat May 23rd, 2015, 04:58 PM
Well I see its just going to be personal attacks still.

Let me make this real clear to you gentleman. YOU WILL NOT BULLY ME OFF THIS SITE.

Grow up and have an adult conversation.

~Barn~
Sat May 23rd, 2015, 05:03 PM

You guys crack me up. If anybody wants to come watch the UFC tonight, I'm getting the PPV. I know that's random. :lol:

FZRguy
Sat May 23rd, 2015, 09:17 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GABANy5MPzM

madvlad
Sat May 23rd, 2015, 11:34 PM
That fight card tonight was the shit, Browne and Arlovski take the fight of the night, what a scrap!

FZRguy
Sat May 23rd, 2015, 11:41 PM
Better than a 30 second Rousey fight?

madvlad
Sun May 24th, 2015, 12:13 AM
30 seconds? That's too long for a Ronda fight dude :lol:... these fights were really good, strategies were not existing and fighters were just straight scrapping it out

Zanatos
Sun May 24th, 2015, 05:05 PM
Nobody is bullying you, Townie. Your own bullshit is simply coming back to bite you in the ass.

Imagine this forum as a house party - and you're constantly running around from room to room, group to group, injecting your often negative opinion into every conversation all night long - good, bad, or indifferent. Then, when anyone disagrees with you, you become insulting and confrontational. Most of the people I hang out (myself included) with would tell a guy like that to GTFO and never come back.

I have nothing against you personally. I am just extremely tired of your "diarrhea of the mouth." You don't have a filter of any kind. You are incapable of listening quietly and keeping your own opinions to yourself. (By that, I don't mean that you don't have the right to free speech or should NEVER comment. I simply mean that you need to cut it down - A LOT. Try and remember that this place is not the Townie Forum. It's the Colorado Sportbike Club Forum.)

The reason I only have a few hundred posts on here over a period of many years is because I listen (read) a lot more than I comment. I could easily comment on every thread if I felt like it, but I don't - out of respect for other people.

Also, 9 times out of 10, if someone disagrees with my opinion, I choose not to enter into a debate. (What does it hurt to let people think differently than I do? Nothing!)

Skitz
Sun May 24th, 2015, 05:20 PM
I work from home now, so I could volunteer. However, that would require me to read the rules...

Besides, has there been a vote to see if people breaking the rules was the reason majority of people left?

madvlad
Sun May 24th, 2015, 05:45 PM
I'd offer to be a mod if needed be

WolFeYeZ
Sun May 24th, 2015, 06:46 PM
Vote for MadVlad!

Slo
Sun May 24th, 2015, 08:18 PM
Besides, has there been a vote to see if people breaking the rules was the reason majority of people left?

That would be nice haha.... But I can tell you many have turned away due to gossip, the holier than though attitudes that have been around. Go around town, talk to bike guys, tell them about the CSC forum, you will see some people that may not know..... and then you will also see some sour faces, but not a single one of them will mention, "No thanks, people like Townie hurt my feelings" or anyone else along those type of reasons.

I still promote the CSC, always have, but I always make sure I tell those I talk to, to not mind the politics or the people that think what they do is the right way and nothing else matters.

Sean
Thu Jun 11th, 2015, 09:34 PM
Awesome! We used to have these threads a lot a few years ago. When's the last time someone actually got banned? Has there been anything for a mod to do on here in the past years?

rybo
Thu Jun 11th, 2015, 10:16 PM
I cleaned up a couple of threads a week or so ago and things have settled back down.

Jmetz
Thu Jun 11th, 2015, 10:32 PM
Hibs was banned last week. :lol:

mdub
Fri Jun 12th, 2015, 07:08 AM
whoa ,,,wht did he right? He loved to write about going fast like Rickey Gadson.

Grim2.0
Fri Jun 12th, 2015, 11:49 AM
I almost got banned because someone didn't like what i wrote on FB :piss:

#1Townie
Fri Jun 12th, 2015, 12:45 PM

Yeah the feelings around these parts seem to get hurt real easy.

Ezzzzy1
Fri Jun 12th, 2015, 01:52 PM
Hibs was banned last week. :lol:

And then he got unbanned :lol:

~Barn~
Fri Jun 12th, 2015, 02:44 PM
Remember when things were super shitty a few years ago and every thread was turning into a fight and Ralph just turned the entire forum off for a week - no warning. :lol:

#boldmove

mdub
Fri Jun 12th, 2015, 04:32 PM
I'm just glad this site doesn't have advertisement

salsashark
Fri Jun 12th, 2015, 05:21 PM
I'm just glad this site doesn't have advertisement

http://presidiosports.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/CarlsJr.jpg

madvlad
Fri Jun 12th, 2015, 05:58 PM
#haveityourway :lol:

Sean
Fri Jun 12th, 2015, 08:28 PM
Remember when things were super shitty a few years ago and every thread was turning into a fight and Ralph just turned the entire forum off for a week - no warning. :lol:

#boldmoveRalph likes to keep his pimp hand strong!

Hibs
Sat Jun 13th, 2015, 09:11 PM

whoa ,,,wht did he right? He loved to write about going fast like Rickey Gadson.

Rickey is my hero, guess I just need to keep writing stuff like that and nothing else..... Mine involved facebook too. Someone had posted a gator skin Harley Davidson riding suit for sale. I asked if it was a joke. He said no, why would it be? I said because I thought this was CO Sportbike club and not sell your faux gator skin HD crap club. The facebook moderators didn't like that and I was insta-banned. Then, when I posted here about how it was ridiculous to ban me over that and that is why this site is a joke, I got banned here, LOL.... Needless to say, let this be a lesson for all, this page is for ALL TYPES of motorcycles not just sportbikes.

#1Townie
Sat Jun 13th, 2015, 09:52 PM
Rickey is my hero, guess I just need to keep writing stuff like that and nothing else..... Mine involved facebook too. Someone had posted a gator skin Harley Davidson riding suit for sale. I asked if it was a joke. He said no, why would it be? I said because I thought this was CO Sportbike club and not sell your faux gator skin HD crap club. The facebook moderators didn't like that and I was insta-banned. Then, when I posted here about how it was ridiculous to ban me over that and that is why this site is a joke, I got banned here, LOL.... Needless to say, let this be a lesson for all, this page is for ALL TYPES of motorcycles not just sportbikes.

Lol so people get banned for that? I'm thinking some mods need to be reevaluated. That's a little too much.

Hibs
Sun Jun 14th, 2015, 08:55 AM
Lol so people get banned for that? I'm thinking some mods need to be reevaluated. That's a little too much.

It ended up being temporary after i talked with the admin. Seemed to be excessive right off the bat with no warning IMO.... but their point was made.

j0ker
Sun Jun 14th, 2015, 03:50 PM
It ended up being temporary after i talked with the admin. Seemed to be excessive right off the bat with no warning IMO.... but their point was made.
Ban hammers are hard!

Spiderman
Mon Jun 15th, 2015, 02:55 PM
... Then, when I posted here about how it was ridiculous to ban me over that and that is why this site is a joke, I got banned here, LOL....
Not that I need to, but just to set the record straight, you weren't banned here, you were made "Read Only" (which only means you can't post) after starting a thread titled "Why CO sportbike club sucks..." (see #4 in the Message Board Guidelines (http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/announcement.php?f=22&a=13)). I then I sent you a PM informing you of these actions, and, after some discussion, we came to an understanding and your status was reinstated.

This isn't a perfect system; sometimes it works better than others and sometimes it appears imbalanced, but we're working on regulating that, and some new moderators will be announced shortly. They're currently undergoing grueling and intensive training, and will continue to do so, until they can all stay in the push-up position for 8 hours straight while being sprayed with a fire hose.

Vance
Mon Jun 15th, 2015, 03:11 PM
I do so love being able to rely on the CSC for some good drama every now and again.
These little moments are why I'll never go away (maybe not log in necessarily, but certainly never go away).

~Barn~
Mon Jun 15th, 2015, 03:45 PM
<Snip...> and some new moderators will be announced shortly. They're currently undergoing grueling and intensive training, and will continue to do so, until they can all stay in the push-up position for 8 hours straight while being sprayed with a fire hose.

How do I get vetted for consideration on this? :D

Sean
Mon Jun 15th, 2015, 09:39 PM
How do I get vetted for consideration on this? :D
Always a bridesmaid, never a bride.

Since I've never been a mod, can I just get like five bans to use at some point? I've been around long enough to earn that, right?

j0ker
Tue Jun 16th, 2015, 10:18 AM
Always a bridesmaid, never a bride.

Since I've never been a mod, can I just get like five bans to use at some point? I've been around long enough to earn that, right?

Pretty funny idea. :)

Spiderman
Tue Jun 16th, 2015, 12:24 PM
Reminds me of the days of random bannings (or were they "Barnings"), just for fun. :lol: :wtf: :lol:

#1Townie
Tue Jun 16th, 2015, 12:45 PM
Rick roll?

rybo
Tue Jun 16th, 2015, 06:21 PM
Reminds me of the days of random bannings (or were they "Barnings"), just for fun. :lol: :wtf: :lol:

Yes, there were "Barnings" quite frequently. I think I may have even "barned" myself once or twice. For sure Sean had his fair share of "time outs".

Sean
Tue Jun 16th, 2015, 07:37 PM
For sure Sean had his fair share of "time outs".
I have no recollection of such "time outs." I can only assume that you are drunk on your moderator power and making this up.

rybo
Wed Jun 17th, 2015, 10:39 AM
I have no recollection of such "time outs." I can only assume that you are drunk on your moderator power and making this up.

wait for it.....

Sean
Wed Jun 17th, 2015, 06:30 PM
Go for it, sugar plum. I'll just not post up for another two years :) Just wait till Bob or Ralph finally makes me a mod and I barn you! What are you going to do then? hahahahahahahahahahaha!

madvlad
Wed Jun 17th, 2015, 07:09 PM
Are we serious right now?.... :wtf:

Ph03niX
Wed Jun 17th, 2015, 08:17 PM
Why is this thread still a thing...?

mdub
Wed Jun 17th, 2015, 08:29 PM
To analyze completely if moderators did their job

TinkerinWstuff
Mon Jul 6th, 2015, 12:17 AM
I couldn't bring myself to read this whole dam thing but the problem here is incredibly simple;

1 - no longer any cat picture threads
2 - no longer any Friday funnies

what's a motorcycle?

rybo
Mon Jul 6th, 2015, 08:47 AM
I'll show you Friday Funny. Seriously.....

:)

I couldn't bring myself to read this whole dam thing but the problem here is incredibly simple;

1 - no longer any cat picture threads
2 - no longer any Friday funnies

what's a motorcycle?

Spiderman
Mon Jul 6th, 2015, 09:04 AM
In case you missed it, we now have some new moderators:

http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?54060-Introducing-Your-New-Moderators (http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?54060-Introducing-Your-New-Moderators)