PDA

View Full Version : US36 toll lanes will require a transponder even for motorcycles

blaircsf
Wed May 20th, 2015, 06:53 PM
There are so many issues with the US36 thing, but I just noticed according to:
https://www.codot.gov/programs/expresslanes/proposed-toll-rates/us-36-tolling-fact-sheet/view
Motorcyclists will need an account and pass to travel for free. I just have to wonder why they decided that?

Also wondering what they are going to do about motorcycles that have the license plate up under the tail...

AOK303
Wed May 20th, 2015, 08:06 PM
2 spots where it take a Rear pic of the vehicle so its a hit or miss if it sees you're plate
no more free rides in carpool lane for motorcycles till 36 is paid off

Ph03niX
Wed May 20th, 2015, 08:07 PM
They wont do anything.. They cant. Hell i bet guys will ride wheelies through it or cover it with their foot.

Spooph
Thu May 21st, 2015, 09:01 AM
Yea, that's bullshit... Again, so much wrong with this, but... As a motorcyclist, this is gonna be sweet! Bummed the light rail isn't going to Boulder, stopping at Broomfield. Man I'm glad I don't have to drive that everyday anymore...

Slo
Thu May 21st, 2015, 09:06 AM
Glad I don't work out that way, hell that could be about a couple hundred bucks each month.

Spooph
Thu May 21st, 2015, 09:16 AM
You can thank the Australians for that...

longrider
Thu May 21st, 2015, 09:25 AM
If you read the info motorcycles are still free, you just have to have the transponder.

UHATEIT
Thu May 21st, 2015, 02:36 PM
That would be nice if the E470 was free for motorcycles too. It's bullshit that they charge the same price for a bike as they do for a car. Thats entirely about revenue and not emissions.

Even tho someone posted that the 36 will cost UNTIL its paid off, I'll believe it when I see it, as that was the same thing said about the E470 and they still charge for it anyways. I know they do not receive state funding for it, but still at least give it to the bike riders for free!

blaircsf
Thu May 21st, 2015, 02:46 PM
It's not about when it's paid off, it's realistically not going to change until the end of the 50 year lease.

Yea, 36 will still be free on a bike. You just have to give them your $35 deposit, and make sure the transponder is on the bike you are riding.