PDA

View Full Version : PMP 6/7/2015 2 for 1

goldenRider
Tue Jun 2nd, 2015, 06:28 PM
Is anyone looking for a partner to commit with for the PMP 2 for 1 open lapping this weekend?

GNGSXR
Wed Jun 3rd, 2015, 08:40 AM
I might need a person to split the fee with. My current partner is a maybe. I'll get a definite answer in the next day or so.

GNGSXR
Wed Jun 3rd, 2015, 09:02 AM
My partner just bailed. I'll pm you.

Sully
Wed Jun 3rd, 2015, 09:46 AM
CRAP!!! I'm already committed to the Season Opener Ride otherwise I would be down :(

Okrapp
Wed Jun 3rd, 2015, 07:38 PM
Will be there. Not sure yet if a second is coming. Will update.

GNGSXR
Thu Jun 4th, 2015, 03:24 PM
I'm still open to be someone's partner. Not in life. Just to split fees

GNGSXR
Sun Jun 7th, 2015, 08:11 PM
That was a good day. Good to see a large turn out at pueblo. Was anyone taking photos today?

Drama2
Sun Jun 7th, 2015, 09:28 PM
I got some at turn 7, tried to get closer but was busted by the lady on the scooter. I will post on Csc FB site.

Okrapp
Mon Jun 8th, 2015, 06:56 AM
Happy about the turnout too. Good riding weather during the day and nice to meet some folks. Felt a bit sorry for the sunset clinic folks afterward as it started raining right about the time they started.

GNGSXR
Mon Jun 8th, 2015, 07:33 AM
I got some at turn 7, tried to get closer but was busted by the lady on the scooter. I will post on Csc FB site.

Being on the outside of turn 7 is a bad spot to be. Nick Ienatsch got on someone's case about being there too. I've seen people fall off there bike, the bike stands its self back up, and ghost rides onto that access road.
Where is the CSC fb site?

Drama2
Mon Jun 8th, 2015, 10:15 AM
https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosportbikeclub/

Bueller
Mon Jun 8th, 2015, 11:28 AM
Turn 7 has some history.

GNGSXR
Mon Jun 8th, 2015, 02:18 PM
Anyone know what happened with MRA #7(white/blue gsxr 1000) and a red/white 2002 R1? Last session looked like #7 was waving the R1 down during the last session of the day.

SpecialED
Tue Jun 9th, 2015, 05:03 PM
Thank you for the pictures Drama2! My apologies to everyone I impeded in the corners on Sunday. I was the moving roadblock on the all-white CBR600. I started at the back of every session but that only kept me out of you guys' way for so long...

Aaron
Tue Jun 9th, 2015, 05:28 PM
Don't ever apologize for being slow, if you were safe. We're all glad you were there, learning, and improving. Part of a track day is getting around the slower bikes, nobody minds.

SpecialED
Tue Jun 9th, 2015, 08:29 PM
Don't ever apologize for being slow, if you were safe. We're all glad you were there, learning, and improving. Part of a track day is getting around the slower bikes, nobody minds.
Thanks, I appreciate the sentiment. Still, I understand people can be testing a different setup on an open lapping day and would like to get clean, unimpeded laps in the interest of comparing lap times to past performance. And it's annoying to come up on the same slow guy over and over again...

I hope I was being safe, if I wasn't I would appreciate hearing how/why, so I can not make those mistakes next time. I know one time in the afternoon sessions I passed someone on the back "straight" between T8 and T9, and then fucked up T9 after going by that rider because I was carrying more speed than usual and my lack of skill/experience made me get squirrelly and way off-line... that was a classic noob mistake of riding beyond my limits. :|

Okrapp
Tue Jun 9th, 2015, 09:07 PM
Track days are for anyone willing to ride in a safe and predicable manner. If a sponsor feels a racer needs track time without us noobs, track owners are more than happy to accept $$$$ for private time to said racers. I'm very new to this track thing too and, slow as hell compared to most of the track style riders out there. I'm (trying to be) just focusing on lines and technique, and faster folks I've talked to there have been nothing but supportive of the effort. Still a bit daunting on the rare day that 20 or so bikes are on track but it gradually gets a bit more comfortable each time. Main point being don't feel apologetic unless unsafe. The track riding community seems immediately welcoming and supportive to any willing to try doing it well.

Oh, and +1 to Aaron's comment. Just wanted to expand on that from a fellow slow guy. I've received nothing but positive support from riders there.

madvlad
Tue Jun 9th, 2015, 11:22 PM
As long as you keep your lines at the track and work on your consistency you'll be fine dude, being slow is part of the process for all of us and like someone said above, faster riders will always give you pointers and nothing but seat time will make you better.

The Black Knight
Fri Jun 12th, 2015, 10:52 PM
I know I said I'm not posting anymore, and I'm not to any other threads. However, I did get some video of the track day on 6/7/2015 and thought some people might like to see that they were on camera. So here you guys go. Enjoy...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0tZN57-nwM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yw9-5SZ7w3A

One-ops
Sat Jun 13th, 2015, 06:24 AM
Ahh why no more posting??

One-ops
Sat Jun 13th, 2015, 06:25 AM
Lol I guess send me a pm

Okrapp
Sat Jun 13th, 2015, 09:32 AM
Nice video. Thanks for sharing!