PDA

View Full Version : UPDATED TIME AND MEETING SPOT!!! ride 6/13

madvlad
Wed Jun 10th, 2015, 12:03 AM
Alright so I've decided to hit the canyons earlier, 8 am at Golden 7/11 with KSU at 845 sharp! Route TBD at meeting spot or post suggestions (as said in the original post Im barely back to riding street again so not sure on where to go or what road conditions are like). Proper gear encouraged, no riding like an assclown, mind the gap, any question is better than not to ask anything and just assume. Possible lunch at Jabo's depending on time. Anyone and everyone welcome

Jabo's Bar-Be-Q

http://goo.gl/maps/lHPgZ

Redline
Wed Jun 10th, 2015, 08:26 AM
I would be a maybe... rode a lot last weekend, wife might not let me out of the house... :(

madvlad
Wed Jun 10th, 2015, 08:35 AM
Lmk man, if there's nobody by Friday I'm just gonna solo it from 7ish am and go wherever the road takes me :lol:

One-ops
Wed Jun 10th, 2015, 01:06 PM
I'll let you know by Friday but I'd be game.

madvlad
Wed Jun 10th, 2015, 01:12 PM
:up:

Drama2
Wed Jun 10th, 2015, 04:55 PM
Me too, waiting on weather

madvlad
Wed Jun 10th, 2015, 07:06 PM
All good, also if anyone wants some tips or help I'll be more than glad to point you in the right direction as far as my knowledge goes.

Drama2
Wed Jun 10th, 2015, 08:00 PM
I am always game....

All good, also if anyone wants some tips or help I'll be more than glad to point you in the right direction as far as my knowledge goes.

RichSC
Wed Jun 10th, 2015, 09:31 PM
I wish, stupid work...

madvlad
Wed Jun 10th, 2015, 09:44 PM
Haven't had weekends off till now so feel your pain bro. You going to round 3 at PMP?

UHATEIT
Thu Jun 11th, 2015, 01:38 PM
If this falls through and the ride gets moved to Sunday I'm in! Have plans Saturday. Right now Sunday is high 82 with no rain in the forecast, Saturday is 50% chance

madvlad
Thu Jun 11th, 2015, 01:49 PM
I can't Sundays cause I help out at the local church with audio and video till they find a replacement which will be a while by the looks of it. If weather hasn't improved by tomorrow then it's canceled and you guys are more than welcome to organize a ride. I'll try and put something together this summer for n00bs as an instruction ride and what not. I know Asp125 had one last season and it was a success

RichSC
Thu Jun 11th, 2015, 03:07 PM
Haven't had weekends off till now so feel your pain bro. You going to round 3 at PMP?

Round 3, not sure I'm gonna make that one. It isn't distance or anything, this whole racing thing is just costing a lot more than I planned for.

Sully
Thu Jun 11th, 2015, 04:23 PM
I'm a maybe for Sat, Damir

Lomax
Thu Jun 11th, 2015, 04:31 PM

Can you teach me how to ride ? :hibye:

would love to take ride Ride Saturday but I have a broken garage door and can't get the bikes out. Service guy to be there in the morning. That and I want to go over the side car rig before the Brain Tumor Ride for Kids on Sunday.

BTW: If you don't want to be in the middle of hundreds of bikes don't do Golden Gate or Coal Creek Sunday after 10:00 :no:

The side hacks get to go up front as we get to take a patient as a passenger so that is not too bad.

Marc

DriverDave
Thu Jun 11th, 2015, 05:04 PM

I'm a maybe too, if I'm not riding the dirtbike....braaaaaap!

madvlad
Thu Jun 11th, 2015, 05:06 PM
Round 3, not sure I'm gonna make that one. It isn't distance or anything, this whole racing thing is just costing a lot more than I planned for.

Bummer man, well if anything we'll see ya at round 4.

Lmk sulz, all depending on weather of course so I'll keep a close eye on the forecast. Right now they're saying 50% in the afternoon but dry in the am.

Can you teach me how to ride ? :hibye:

would love to take ride Ride Saturday but I have a broken garage door and can't get the bikes out. Service guy to be there in the morning. That and I want to go over the side car rig before the Brain Tumor Ride for Kids on Sunday.

BTW: If you don't want to be in the middle of hundreds of bikes don't do Golden Gate or Coal Creek Sunday after 10:00 :no:

The side hacks get to go up front as we get to take a patient as a passenger so that is not too bad.

Marc

Thanks for the heads up Marc, been a while since I've ridden with you guys. When I had my R1 I went out with you and some of the ADV riders and what a blast that was, if anything you need to teach us man haha. Good luck with the garage door, hopefully it's nothing insanely high cost

One-ops
Fri Jun 12th, 2015, 11:00 AM
What cha thinking for this good time we a go?

madvlad
Fri Jun 12th, 2015, 12:05 PM
Weather is looking great till about 4 pm so far but so how about 8:30 am at MoCo, we can discuss route, whoever wants some advice lmk what you want to work on and I can do my best to guide you in the right direction. Anyone is welcome to lead the ride as well, I'm not those control freak type people, just want to have a good ride and then some BBQ.

One-ops
Fri Jun 12th, 2015, 12:18 PM
See u in the am

madvlad
Fri Jun 12th, 2015, 12:41 PM
I'll be parked by the air/vacuum dealy. White Ducati Street fighter

Generic
Fri Jun 12th, 2015, 03:33 PM
I had asked about a ride over on Facebook and got some interest, we'll be doing Golden Gate then P2P to Lyon's and back. We plan to leave the Golden Starbucks at 9:30 (KSU) if you all want to meet us there and join?

madvlad
Fri Jun 12th, 2015, 03:39 PM
If anyone here wants to join that ride go ahead, KSU at 9:30 is too late for me personally. Don't want to get stuck behind 300 cars which I'm sure will be up there by then.

Slo
Fri Jun 12th, 2015, 04:20 PM
I was on a coal creek up and over to lyons couple weeks back. We left after 930, coal creek was ok... but heading to nederlands was horrible with traffic. So bad that once at Nederlands, I almost turned around to do my own ride back.

Fortunately someone mentioned food in Lyons and I continued, traffic was scarce, got lucky and had an awesome ride there n back. But I'm in the same boat as you Damir, definitely earlier the better for rides. One-ops ride well and is definitely trust worthy to make good judgement while in the hills as well.

GNGSXR
Fri Jun 12th, 2015, 04:40 PM
Where & what is MoCo? Morrison?
I am in the Springs but I was going to ride up early tomorrow to stop by Performance Cycle. I need to test out some helmets and they seem to have the largest selection.
I may meet up first though for a ride.

madvlad
Fri Jun 12th, 2015, 05:46 PM
MOCO is Morrison Conoco on C470 and Morrison fyi, KSU is kickstand up BTW as well for those that don't know ze lingo yet. More than welcome to join man. Stop by Fay Myers dude when we go to Jabo's for lunch, they have a rather large selection too

arrrghhh
Fri Jun 12th, 2015, 05:47 PM
I would like to join in. Will have to skip lunch tho, have plans with my family at 1.

madvlad
Fri Jun 12th, 2015, 05:50 PM
See you there man, depending on where we go and at what time we're back in town I may skip lunch as well as I have plans in the afternoon if we end up taking longer than expected

Jmetz
Fri Jun 12th, 2015, 06:50 PM
If I'm not there by 9:30 don't wait any longer.

madvlad
Fri Jun 12th, 2015, 06:56 PM
Don't be a hoe, come out and play :devious:

Jmetz
Fri Jun 12th, 2015, 07:15 PM
Do you know how early that is?

madvlad
Fri Jun 12th, 2015, 07:23 PM
quit crying I work until midnight or sometimes later and I still wake up early for a ride

madvlad
Fri Jun 12th, 2015, 09:42 PM
Bump it for those that haven't seen it, updated first post!

madvlad
Fri Jun 12th, 2015, 09:52 PM
New location!

MisterDeadman
Fri Jun 12th, 2015, 09:59 PM
Original post up-to-date? Any idea how long you plants ride?

MisterDeadman
Fri Jun 12th, 2015, 10:01 PM
And I don't wanna be that guy but... There's two 7/11s in Golden.

Nolan
Fri Jun 12th, 2015, 10:02 PM
FYI the Eurotrash group is meeting up in Golden tomorrow.... Same time.

Too much shit for me to do. Enjoy!

madvlad
Fri Jun 12th, 2015, 10:05 PM
Sorry about the confusion, just we are riding towards that way to keep the route simple. We are just leaving earlier than the other rides

Buechler5
Fri Jun 12th, 2015, 10:23 PM
I'll try and make it tomorrow, I'm on call for work so hopefully I don't wake up with calls coming in.

madvlad
Fri Jun 12th, 2015, 10:32 PM
Word man, hopefully there won't be any calls haha... sorry about the last minute change everyone. See you in the A.M, I'll keep an eye on the forums throughout the morning

DriverDave
Fri Jun 12th, 2015, 10:38 PM
Dude...make up your mind already! :silly: Looks like I won't be dirt biking, so I'm probably in.

madvlad
Fri Jun 12th, 2015, 10:45 PM
Lol spot and times are final now, my bad. Trying to shake the noob out of me with setting up rides lol, been a few years :lol:... see you in the A.M

One-ops
Fri Jun 12th, 2015, 10:52 PM
Really

GMR
Fri Jun 12th, 2015, 11:40 PM
hopin to make it and drag my gf with. idk wtf time im trying to get there, i guess 930 cause were still drinkin. she has a 250 but ill try to get her on my 750. hopefully we make it bt we'll see

arrrghhh
Fri Jun 12th, 2015, 11:43 PM
Haha glad I checked this thread before heading off to bed...

I assume the 7-11 at the base of golden gate...

madvlad
Sat Jun 13th, 2015, 12:11 AM
Yes the 7-11 on Washington Ave in Golden a block away from G.G... there is a ride that leaves at 9:30 am but that's not us, however you're more than welcome to join that ride. I guess it's a FB based ride from what another member was saying.... Sorry One-Ops, it's not usually like this, just the route we chose it's better to start from there.

P.S you ALWAYS want to check on ride threads before you go to bed or head out.

7-Eleven

http://goo.gl/maps/0GCwH

GNGSXR
Sat Jun 13th, 2015, 08:01 AM
Apparently phone alarms don't work when you forget to charge your phone before going to bed.

madvlad
Sat Jun 13th, 2015, 08:05 AM
Sleeping in doesn't hurt sometimes haha, I'm here parked towards the back. The Euro trash gang is on the store side with full leathers and ready to go stupid.

madvlad
Sat Jun 13th, 2015, 11:20 AM
Watch yourselves on HWY 7, is crammed with cops. CSP just "tagged me" at 88 on a 35 which is of course bullshit cause I wasn't going that fast at all, maybe 60 at most. Anyone got a good lawyer I can contact? I'm obviously summoned to court and have never been summoned before. I was sweeping too, how funny is that shit :lol:

Jmetz
Sat Jun 13th, 2015, 01:13 PM
I've come up with your defense.

Judge: Damir why were you going 88mph?

Damir: Because I was trying to get back in time!

madvlad
Sat Jun 13th, 2015, 01:24 PM
:lol: I plead the fifth

madvlad
Sat Jun 13th, 2015, 01:51 PM
Anyway good ride regardless of the superhypermega performance award, thanks for leading Dave. Good seeing everyone and hope the rest of the ride went well.

Colorado S14
Sat Jun 13th, 2015, 02:31 PM
How were the conditions, P2P and 7 in good shape? Thinking of doing the Clear Creek, P2P, 7, Estes and back down through Lyons and home tomorrow morning.

DriverDave
Sat Jun 13th, 2015, 02:44 PM
P2P and 7 were in the usual shape....basically clean, but the pavement just keeps getting worse every year...as does the traffic. Radar detector saved our asses on P2P in the fun curves between GG and Coal Ck from a Gilpin truck. Coal Creek has some pretty big washouts of dirt across the road near Wondervu, but not as bad further down.

madvlad
Sat Jun 13th, 2015, 02:44 PM
Roads are great actually, some sand here and there on very few turns and some water run off from the rocks but for the most part is very good.

Gramps
Sat Jun 13th, 2015, 07:51 PM
Sleeping in doesn't hurt sometimes haha, I'm here parked towards the back. The Euro trash gang is on the store side with full leathers and ready to go stupid.

:D:D

I'll have to tell the guys we are euro trash now. We wear full leathers in an effort not to go stupid or be stupid.

The Ducati/Euro guys usually meet at the starbucks across the road. They are actually a really nice group for the most part.

madvlad
Sat Jun 13th, 2015, 08:19 PM
Didn't mean that if you get my sarcasm... they do what they do

One-ops
Sat Jun 13th, 2015, 09:13 PM
Well the group from moco at 830
was fun as hell!! No po troubles. Did have an asshole in a jeep swerve over on us trying to block passage. Burnt the rest of my q2's off.

madvlad
Sat Jun 13th, 2015, 09:27 PM
Say what you gotta say Tom, no need to delete it.

Slo
Sat Jun 13th, 2015, 09:31 PM
0830 moco group definitely was a good time....

madvlad
Sat Jun 13th, 2015, 09:32 PM
Rub it in guys :lol:

Gramps
Sun Jun 14th, 2015, 06:32 AM
Say what you gotta say Tom, no need to delete it.

It wasn't really worth the wasted energy. You do realize that was me on the other side of the parking lot you were calling stupid in your post.

Carry on.......

madvlad
Sun Jun 14th, 2015, 06:47 AM
Oh jeez, you do realize I was being sarcastic and was just exaggerating with what somebody said earlier and then how most others think you go stupid on the canyons with the leathers... relax man, I have no right to call anyone stupid and or names. Anyways my apologies, carry on.

mdub
Sun Jun 14th, 2015, 07:18 AM
Watch yourselves on HWY 7, is crammed with cops. CSP just "tagged me" at 88 on a 35 which is of course bullshit cause I wasn't going that fast at all, maybe 60 at most. Anyone got a good lawyer I can contact? I'm obviously summoned to court and have never been summoned before. I was sweeping too, how funny is that shit :lol:

That is unfortunate you got popped for speeding. I always avoid that area on a weekend. Cops know where to get you too. Cpl riders and myself rode to crested butte for an overnite. We were very lucky not to get awards. Had late lunch in Salida, their pizza is best in those parts. Monarch pass is freshly paved to the top . Got caught in cpl rain showers. But quickly dried up. Hope you get a brk on that infraction

Jmetz
Sun Jun 14th, 2015, 07:31 AM
It wasn't really worth the wasted energy. You do realize that was me on the other side of the parking lot you were calling stupid in your post.

Carry on.......

Don't take too much offense Tom, Damir is eurotrash and several people in our group had full leathers. :)

GNGSXR
Sun Jun 14th, 2015, 07:38 AM

What's the cost on a riding award like that?

Gramps
Sun Jun 14th, 2015, 07:46 AM
Don't take too much offense Tom, Damir is eurotrash and several people in our group had full leathers. :)

:lol:

I thought there was lots of comical irony in the post. One is the OP rides a euro bike. I knew several had full leathers because I talked to a few of the people that went with you guys.

No worries or offense taken.

madvlad
Sun Jun 14th, 2015, 08:30 AM

There, thanks for explaining it :lol: my level of sarcasm is too high sometimes.

What's the cost on a riding award like that?

Not sure man, doesn't even say on the ticket :lol: that's what has me scared right now. My driving record is clean so I'm sure they'll cut me a deal but that fine may have me eating top ramen for the rest of the year :lol:

koop
Sun Jun 14th, 2015, 11:07 AM
I feel your pain. About this time last year Gilpen got me at 25+ in Golden Gate. The DA wanted 4 points but I cried a little and schmoozed a lot and she went to 3. The judge gave me some love and did minimum fines so it cost me around $200 IIRC.

The bummer was my record was (is) decidedly not clean. The full 6 points would have put me a point away from suspension. I had to take a continuance on the first court date because of a conflict, so I was a commuter for the rest of the season.

madvlad
Sun Jun 14th, 2015, 11:24 AM
I won't lie that I wasn't speeding cause I was but 90mph? No way in hell lol... we'll see what goes down, I have all my points so a 4 point ticket would still suck... how many points is a license btw? I've heard mixed responses lol

Bueller
Sun Jun 14th, 2015, 02:16 PM
12 in a year and something like 18 within 2, but not sure of the second part.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=colorado+drivers+license+points

Sully
Mon Jun 15th, 2015, 09:55 AM
Tom - How did I miss you guys at the Starbucks on Saturday morning? I remember the Euro group coming over to the 7-11 and the guy on the Triumph talked with us briefly but your group gathered up from there and left before we did.

Damir - I'm almost positive that your ticket is at a 6pt minimum right now :cry:

madvlad
Mon Jun 15th, 2015, 10:53 AM
Yea, we'll see what they can work out for me but if they take my license it'd be bullshit given I haven't had a ticket in a while and I really don't ride fast most of the time. This shit blows

Jmetz
Mon Jun 15th, 2015, 11:16 AM
They won't take your license. At there least you should be able to plea bargain it down. It may be worth a lawyer consultation. You can also try setting it for trial as often times the officer will not show up and the case gets dismissed.

madvlad
Mon Jun 15th, 2015, 11:46 AM
But if he does show up then it'll be full points and that'll be a party

Sully
Mon Jun 15th, 2015, 12:05 PM
You have to go to Loveland for this appearance, correct?

madvlad
Mon Jun 15th, 2015, 12:14 PM
The ticket shows 12 points, Addy is 1777 6th st in Boulder.

Sully
Mon Jun 15th, 2015, 12:43 PM
holy mother of :shock:

madvlad
Mon Jun 15th, 2015, 12:59 PM
Yea... if they don't drop it, the bike is going bye bye cause I'm not going to pay the insurance they'll stick me with. To think this is my first speeding ticket in the canyons and only 2nd on a bike since I've been riding... one decision and what a nightmare and I was riding slow almost the whole ride too :lol: but of course they never pull over the asshole bicyclists that haul aas down the road

Kim-n-Dean
Mon Jun 15th, 2015, 01:25 PM
They won't take your license. At there least you should be able to plea bargain it down. It may be worth a lawyer consultation. You can also try setting it for trial as often times the officer will not show up and the case gets dismissed.According to the twenty cops that live in my neighborhood, they say ALL departments have a mandatory policy of their officers showing up for court. From my own experience and the information from professionals in the field, the days of scheduling your court day on the cops day off or hoping he doesn't show up ended in the '80s.

I don't get tickets anymore, so I really don't know for sure. That's just what the cops I know say.

Gramps
Mon Jun 15th, 2015, 01:47 PM
Tom - How did I miss you guys at the Starbucks on Saturday morning? I remember the Euro group coming over to the 7-11 and the guy on the Triumph talked with us briefly but your group gathered up from there and left before we did.

Andy, Mike, Kevin and I left pretty early to get out of the way before all the other groups got going. We must have just missed you chicka. That's a shame I would have def. come over to say hello.

Next time.

Sully
Mon Jun 15th, 2015, 01:54 PM
Bummer!!!! I think I arrived around 8:25am-ish on Saturday. That must have been the late crew that stopped by to chat. How was your ride?

~Barn~
Mon Jun 15th, 2015, 03:29 PM
If you exceed the following in the below rolling time frames, your license is subject to revocation and you will receive your letter from the Dept. of Revenue asking you to come pay them a visit...
12 points in 12 months or 18 points in 24 months.

Again though, note my use of the word "exceed". Your license is still fully valid if you have (0) points to give. And if I may quote Brick Top from the most excellent film SNATCH...

You're on thin fucking ice my pedigreed chums; and I shall be under it when it breaks. Now fuck off.

~Barn~
Mon Jun 15th, 2015, 03:35 PM
Damir... If you really do want to talk to a lawyer, I have one that I'd argue is better than any other you'll find in this state. To be truthful though, I doubt you need one.

Go in to your arraignment on the scheduled date. Talk to the assistant-whoever prosecutor that will review the police report and maybe offer you a disposition. Do not expect them to just do it just because you think they've reviewed your driving record. Talk to them and tell them that you were trailing the pack, explain to them what "sweeping" means and you might get some brownie-points. They'll probably even realize that somebody ahead got popped for the speed on the ticket but you got the shit-end. They may even empathize with the fact you were trying to trail the group for safety reasons. When you're in the office speaking to person, try to have as thorough of a conversation as possible about the whole thing. Get them invested in the circumstances, don't let them color by numbers.

My guess is that if you play the diplomacy game well, you'll probably get the whole thing reduced to a 6 point speeding, or even maybe a lesser-point moving violation with some fine and court costs to pay. If your record is really as spotless as you say, ASK THE PROSECUTOR what can be done to minimize the punishment. Silence often reflects guilt and acceptance to these people when they are reviewing case after case after case. Make sure you engage them and explain the situation and offer contrition AND ASK FOR THEM TO CONSIDER LENIANCY! You might luck out with a 3-point defective equipment. :dunno:

Either way, good luck and let me know if you wanna talk to my gal!

Bueller
Mon Jun 15th, 2015, 05:26 PM
Did you get multiple violations? If so they usually drop the others if you plea guilty on the biggest single, one way or the other they will offer you a deal before you ever see a judge, you can accept it or plea not guilty for a continuance, then get a lawyer.
12 point ticket(s) will probably net you 6 pts. + fines and court costs. You might get an option to lower points more with a driving/safety course.

Zanatos
Mon Jun 15th, 2015, 05:58 PM
The Law Tigers website says they offer free legal advice on all motorcycle-related legal matters: http://www.lawtigers.com/#top

Gramps
Mon Jun 15th, 2015, 06:34 PM
Bummer!!!! I think I arrived around 8:25am-ish on Saturday. That must have been the late crew that stopped by to chat. How was your ride?

It was good. We went golden gate/peak to peak/ 7 and avoided the troopers that were evidently there later on Sat. I heard there were quite a few officers on 7 Sunday as well. How was your outing?

Sounds like everyone better avoid 7 for a bit.