PDA

View Full Version : Stolen gear - vandalized with pepper spray - Perl Street

j0ker
Fri Jul 10th, 2015, 12:31 PM
Boulder Perl Street
I parked in the free bike parking on Perl St. yesterday and went to dinner. When I came back my tank bag and saddle bags were all open and empty. The only thing left hanging on my VStar was my baseball hat hanging on my phone holder. I put my hat on and went into the Cheesecake factory to collect my thoughts, get out of the rain and get some cheesecake. After setting down, my head began to burn intensely as well as part of my eye and my upper lip. It came on a little slow but in a few minutes I was on fire! I couldn’t figure out why so I took off my hat and went into the bathroom. I tried to wash with soap and get off whatever was irritating me. That is when I noticed my hat was stained a dark brownish red color on the inside and IT SMELLED!
Long and short of this story, someone stole my bike gear then sprayed pepper spray on my handlebars and my riding hat (yes I was riding squidly that day) while I was parked at Perl St. Something new to watch out for now!

dirkterrell
Fri Jul 10th, 2015, 12:38 PM
With all the riff-raff on Pearl St., I wouldn't leave anything on the bike. There are some really questionable people roaming around looking for any opportunity to snag something. The pepper spray just elevates the shittiness level.

birchyboy
Fri Jul 10th, 2015, 12:57 PM
Dang, that's terrible.

Clovis
Fri Jul 10th, 2015, 01:35 PM
Nothing like being a double douche bag. Sorry man, that sucks!!

Sully
Fri Jul 10th, 2015, 01:53 PM
What a bunch of douchebags!! I hope they didn't take anything valuable :guns:

Slo
Fri Jul 10th, 2015, 01:56 PM
thats a whole new level of donkey balls... wow. To make it worse, they were probably near by somewhere watching. Karma will pay them a visit in a bad way one day.

Gramps
Fri Jul 10th, 2015, 02:02 PM
I honestly am not surprised at all. I'm with Dirk that the riff raff is thick in that part of town.

BushyAR15
Sat Jul 11th, 2015, 06:12 AM
I say put another bike there set-up just like yours, have some buddies there who didn't show up with you (so there is no association with you), wait for the douchebags to show, do the same thing to the decoy bike, then jump out, beat the living hell out of them.. or video them doing the deed and have the cops arrest them...

j0ker
Sat Jul 11th, 2015, 08:13 AM
I say put another bike there set-up just like yours, have some buddies there who didn't show up with you (so there is no association with you), wait for the douchebags to show, do the same thing to the decoy bike, then jump out, beat the living hell out of them.. or video them doing the deed and have the cops arrest them...

Haha, I have woken up mad 2 days in a row because of this. I was thinking of doing this exact thing, STAKEOUT. I am so busy though, I will most likely just buy new gear and not park down there again.

I filed a police report and asked if there are cameras on the parking. We will see what Boulder's finest turns up.