PDA

View Full Version : what's the best route for...

madvlad
Wed Aug 12th, 2015, 02:56 PM
Bishop's castle. Always wanted to do this ride and was wondering about routes. Want to do this ride before the Duc goes bye bye. Also is this a good time of the year to go out there? Any recommendations welcome and anyone that may want to roll out in the next couple weeks are more than welcome to tag along.

Clovis
Wed Aug 12th, 2015, 03:52 PM
I hit Bishops castle about 3 weeks ago - first time I had been since 2008, I forgot what a fun road it actually is.

What's happening to the Duc?

Here's a fun route - but 245 miles each way for you: http://mapq.st/1PlAiym

There's not really a shorter route unless you want to take I-25 - in which case, it's not really worth going IMO since you bypass almost all the fun roads getting there.

Jmetz
Wed Aug 12th, 2015, 04:26 PM
I'll go with ya after I get back from Peachfest.

madvlad
Wed Aug 12th, 2015, 06:43 PM
I hit Bishops castle about 3 weeks ago - first time I had been since 2008, I forgot what a fun road it actually is.

What's happening to the Duc?

Here's a fun route - but 245 miles each way for you: http://mapq.st/1PlAiym

There's not really a shorter route unless you want to take I-25 - in which case, it's not really worth going IMO since you bypass almost all the fun roads getting there.

Oh man, wish you would've said something haha. I want the longest and most fun route possible.... Nothing wrong with the bike, love it and hate to see it go but just exhausted of the cop harassment lately and just the plain idiots trying to run me off the road all the time. Just coming home today some retard from California on his Jeep just texting and couldn't care less to the point where his phone was more important and literally almost took me out. If you can't hear me on this loud ass, pearl white bike and or see me with neon gear then it's just a suicide mission. I'd rather die at the track (very minimal chance unlike how everyone else thinks otherwise) than by the hands of some idiot.

I'll go with ya after I get back from Peachfest.

For sure dude, let's plan up. Sucks I couldn't go to Peach fest man, those roads sound amazing.

Clovis
Wed Aug 12th, 2015, 08:05 PM
You could install a SoundBomb air horn (Revzilla sells them - like $50) - very loud air horn, I put one on my Ducati, had a lot of fun with it this last weekend :)

I'm not sure if you're riding in the canyons or not anymore but I've learned over the years - the key is to get past and around cars as quickly as possible. I pass at the first safe opportunity and then go back to my cruising speed.

Example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIiolzLSxJw

One-ops
Thu Aug 13th, 2015, 06:58 AM
Clovis you ran Bishops last year dude.

Clovis
Thu Aug 13th, 2015, 08:14 AM
Did I? I was going through some old GoPro video and found footage from 2012 at Bishops.

Redline
Thu Aug 13th, 2015, 08:36 AM
I have been wanting to do a Bishops run!

One-ops
Thu Aug 13th, 2015, 09:16 AM
Lol yeah. Drama had a ride. Met you in woodland park with the north group. Grim,Drano,Aaron,lil chic on an r1, my pops and son on his bagger and a few others.

One-ops
Thu Aug 13th, 2015, 09:19 AM
I have been wanting to do a Bishops run!
long ass day on the bike but still fun.

One-ops
Thu Aug 13th, 2015, 09:25 AM
looks like 2013 my bad! Damn where did last year go?

madvlad
Thu Aug 13th, 2015, 09:30 AM
Nobody rode last year :lol: 2014 was a two wheel fail for mileage

Sully
Thu Aug 13th, 2015, 02:55 PM
Ask Nutz.. he goes quite a bit and has a good route :up:

I'd be down to go.

madvlad
Thu Aug 13th, 2015, 03:07 PM
Paging Nutzizzle! :lol: what route is recommended? I definitely have to do this before the bike goes so next couple of weeks.

Drano
Thu Aug 13th, 2015, 07:14 PM
I haven't had a bike since 2013, so it was a little while longer than last year. And Clovis busted off at the junction to Bishop's because he needed to get home. Damir, I sent you a PM with the route I prefer to use for that trip.

Aaron
Thu Aug 13th, 2015, 11:08 PM
I'm be in for a Bishops ride. I'd probably meet you guys in C Springs/Pine/Woodland Park though.

theMayor
Fri Aug 14th, 2015, 01:01 AM
Are you looking to do a weekday or weekend run?

madvlad
Fri Aug 14th, 2015, 03:04 AM
It would have to be during the weekend unfortunately as I work m-f now and will be leaving as early as humanly possible. Most likely I'll be breaking the ride up in two groups as I'm gonna ride slow as a motherflick and just enjoy the ride without issues. You guys are more than welcome to also do your own ride due to pace, unfortunately I cannot risk another point on my license since my job depends on it after this last LEO reamed me a new asshole with making such shit up on the ticket.

I'm looking at either 1st weekend of September or this upcoming Sunday the 23rd since I work the next 2 Saturdays and I'll be at race weekend on the 29th and weekend of September 12th. Not sure dates wise what would work best for everyone, it'd be cool to have a huge group and enjoy my last ride on the street with the CSC.

madvlad
Mon Aug 17th, 2015, 01:30 PM
Would this Sunday work for everyone? Leave from MoCO at around during 7 am? Any input welcome, GO!

~Barn~
Mon Aug 17th, 2015, 01:33 PM
I could be down for this.

But then again I pretty much say this every time. :lol:

@Theta
Mon Aug 17th, 2015, 02:00 PM
I like the idea of this Sunday.

madvlad
Mon Aug 17th, 2015, 02:03 PM
I could be down for this.

But then again I pretty much say this every time. :lol:

Bro do you even lift? :lol: just come out man and ride the SF before it goes :lol:

madvlad
Mon Aug 17th, 2015, 02:07 PM
I like the idea of this Sunday.

Me too, next weekend I'll be doing superstreet. So it's either this upcoming Sunday while weather is still nice and hot or the weekend before the last round at PPIR which is Sept 15th I believe. Just not sure if this ride is one of those Pikes Peak type rides where the deeper you get, the colder and shittier it gets or if it's just a normal ride :lol: never done it so pardon my noobness :D

Generic
Mon Aug 17th, 2015, 03:51 PM
looks like 2013 my bad! Damn where did last year go?

Yea, that was 2013, doesn't seem like it clearly. Fun ride though!

Sully
Mon Aug 17th, 2015, 04:28 PM
Me too, next weekend I'll be doing superstreet. So it's either this upcoming Sunday while weather is still nice and hot or the weekend before the last round at PPIR which is Sept 15th I believe. Just not sure if this ride is one of those Pikes Peak type rides where the deeper you get, the colder and shittier it gets or if it's just a normal ride :lol: never done it so pardon my noobness :D

n00b - MRA last round is Sept 19/20 :p

madvlad
Mon Aug 17th, 2015, 04:42 PM
I couldn't remember the dates, leave me alone mom :lol: