PDA

View Full Version : Motorcycle goes 300 miles on 1 liter of water

Jmetz
Wed Aug 12th, 2015, 03:00 PM
http://youtu.be/jV8rpumumxo

Article.

http://www.odditycentral.com/auto/brazilian-man-builds-clean-motorcycle-that-can-travel-300-miles-on-a-liter-of-water.html

madvlad
Wed Aug 12th, 2015, 03:38 PM
This is Brasil! *extends arms* :lol:

Spooph
Thu Aug 13th, 2015, 03:32 PM
Wicked cool!

Zanatos
Thu Aug 13th, 2015, 06:00 PM
The electrolysis process takes a long time and consumes more power than it produces. Smells like a hoax to me.

Mother Goose
Fri Aug 14th, 2015, 09:47 AM
Imagine the possibilities with a liter of cola!!

Kim-n-Dean
Fri Aug 14th, 2015, 10:19 AM
All right, meow. Everyone knows engines can't run on water.

blaircsf
Fri Aug 14th, 2015, 10:25 AM
The electrolysis process takes a long time and consumes more power than it produces. Smells like a hoax to me.

That was going to be my question, what is powering electrolysis? If he is using a battery to provide that power than really all he did was make an electric motorcycle that needs recharged. A lot more details would be needed before I believe this. I can make a video of pouring water into a tank on my bike and riding around also...

Spooph
Fri Aug 14th, 2015, 10:51 AM
what is cool is the on-board electrolysis. It doesn't have to be a perpetual motion machine, it just has to have a reasonable range. We keep putting gas in, we can fill up with water too...

blaircsf
Fri Aug 14th, 2015, 11:05 AM
If that video isn't just a complete fake, you are talking about having to fill up with water AND recharged with electricity.

rybo
Fri Aug 14th, 2015, 12:31 PM
Not to mention the dangers of running a standard ICE on hydrogen.....

Generic
Fri Aug 14th, 2015, 01:55 PM
If that video isn't just a complete fake, you are talking about having to fill up with water AND recharged with electricity.

He mentions else where that he does have to charge the battery but he uses solar so he says that it still "really runs just on water"

As everyone mentioned above, it uses more energy than it produces and you need an external source for that extra energy, be it the wall outlet or a solar panel and lot of time.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Fri Sep 11th, 2015, 01:01 PM
Exactly.....unless he's invented a "perpetual motion" machine!

Suckas.........