PDA

View Full Version : Hitting The Apex

Slo
Fri Aug 21st, 2015, 09:17 PM
Oh man.... just pre-ordered this!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cDT4SRDws4

mcarthd26
Sat Aug 22nd, 2015, 08:45 AM
How and where? I looked for hours yesterday and couldn't find anything for the US.

Slo
Sat Aug 22nd, 2015, 08:57 AM
Amazon.co.uk

blaircsf
Sat Aug 22nd, 2015, 03:52 PM
Not to burst your bubble, but do you have a region 2 or region free dvd/blu-ray player?

Slo
Sat Aug 22nd, 2015, 05:28 PM
Fack me...... fml. I still have hope but we will see what happens.

Native
Sun Aug 23rd, 2015, 07:37 AM
well I have a Blu Ray from Amazon.co.uk that plays

blaircsf
Sun Aug 23rd, 2015, 01:28 PM
It depends on if the disc is region coded or not, they aren't all region locked. Amazon says Hitting the Apex dvd/blu-ray is region 2 only which means you either need a region 2 player or region free player.

Slo
Sun Aug 23rd, 2015, 07:22 PM
Looks like I have some research to do... damnit.

The Black Knight
Sun Aug 23rd, 2015, 08:03 PM
It depends on if the disc is region coded or not, they aren't all region locked. Amazon says Hitting the Apex dvd/blu-ray is region 2 only which means you either need a region 2 player or region free player.

Aren't most DVD players code as "0" or "region free"? I'm under the impression that as long as you have the region free one, you're good to go. Both of my DVD players have been region free and I've been able to play my Ghost Rider DVD's(Ghost Rider sweden) on them. His later DVD's are region "0" if you pre-order from his site and are in the USA. But his earlier dvd's I think were for Sweden's region code. My copies have always played though.

Either way, I'm looking to pre-order this as well. Looks good :up:

Zanatos
Mon Aug 24th, 2015, 07:28 PM
Looks awesome. It would be cool if someone with a big home theater or monster 4K TV would host a viewing party for this.

Slo
Tue Sep 15th, 2015, 12:29 PM
Guess I got lucky..... came home from work to make sure Im here for another delivery..... BluRay actually arrived also.... Works on my PS4, you all had me worried haha.

blaircsf
Tue Sep 15th, 2015, 04:26 PM
Nice, I'm guessing it's actually a region free disc then. Might have to order one myself.

The Black Knight
Tue Sep 15th, 2015, 07:29 PM
Guess I got lucky..... came home from work to make sure Im here for another delivery..... BluRay actually arrived also.... Works on my PS4, you all had me worried haha.

Nice, I'm guessing it's actually a region free disc then. Might have to order one myself.
I ordered Blu Ray as well as I knew my PS4 would play it. Nice thing about PS4's is they aren't governed by being region specific. They are world wide distributed and all discs should play on them.

One thing I noticed on Amazon UK's website was that if you purchased a Blue Ray that was sold by Amazon UK, most of them shipped were either Region 2(which is different for Blu Ray vs. regular DVD) and that most Blu Ray's would come region free anyway.

Reason I chose Blu Ray over normal DVD was I didn't want to take the chance of it not playing on my DVD player. However, as with most computers like PS4's, my desktop and laptop would probably play the DVD anyway, so it wouldn't have mattered. I remember reading that most DVD players in the USA are usually coded for Region Free but not always the case.

Slo, did you get both a Blu Ray and normal DVD?? If so, let us know how the regular DVD played. I'm thinking of ordered a regular DVD just to see if it will play on my DVD player.

Jmetz
Tue Sep 15th, 2015, 07:31 PM
Watched it this weekend and thought it was excellent.

Slo
Tue Sep 15th, 2015, 08:23 PM
Slo, did you get both a Blu Ray and normal DVD?? If so, let us know how the regular DVD played. I'm thinking of ordered a regular DVD just to see if it will play on my DVD player.

Sorry... just bluray was purchased, no dvd. Definitely worth the extra cost for shipping, great video, watching it again now.

Mother Goose
Tue Sep 15th, 2015, 10:05 PM
Got it from Racing For Me, awesome movie.

Sully
Wed Sep 16th, 2015, 02:46 PM
:up: Awesome!

The Black Knight
Sun Sep 20th, 2015, 12:57 PM
Came in the mail yesterday, and was an amazing DVD. The blu ray had no issues on my PS4. Loved the interviews and all the footage. I had completely forgotten that exchange between Simoncelli and Lorenzo at that press conference, classic.

If you're a fan of MotoGP this is a must see.

Slo
Mon Sep 28th, 2015, 10:29 AM
Since it worked on the PS4, I just tested it on the ps3 and it works on there as well.

Works on the Xbox One also.

blaircsf
Tue Sep 29th, 2015, 10:15 AM
Apparently about two thirds of blu rays are region free anyway, so I'm guessing this one is as well. The PS4/PS3/Xbox One/etc are all region locked players, as are most blu ray players. Obviously they are distributed world wide, but each region gets a different version. Most DVD players either are or can be made region free, but I think because of the licensing that's not the case with blu rays (yet).

tecknojoe
Tue Sep 29th, 2015, 10:17 AM
For anyone that streams or downloads it illegally, make sure you buy the DVD when it becomes available. You need to support the film creators.

Also, they are working on a US release, and it should be available very soon.

blaircsf
Thu Oct 22nd, 2015, 09:55 AM
A local showing, Nov 17th at 7:00PM at the AMC Cherry Creek 8.
http://theatricast.com/hitting-the-apex/
(http://theatricast.com/hitting-the-apex/)
Local details:
https://www.tugg.com/events/72344

You have to get tickets online, and they need 85 people for the showing to happen if I understand correctly.

Okrapp
Thu Oct 22nd, 2015, 06:36 PM
A local showing, Nov 17th at 7:00PM at the AMC Cherry Creek 8.
http://theatricast.com/hitting-the-apex/
(http://theatricast.com/hitting-the-apex/)
Local details:
https://www.tugg.com/events/72344
You have to get tickets online, and they need 85 people for the showing to happen if I understand correctly.

Thanks for the info! Methinks I need to do this.

blaircsf
Mon Nov 16th, 2015, 07:51 PM
Tomorrow night, don't think I will be riding down.

Spooph
Tue Nov 17th, 2015, 09:07 AM
I will be there, no bike though.

blaircsf
Thu Nov 19th, 2015, 11:29 AM
In case anyone wasn't aware, you can now buy the US version collectors edition with BluRay, DVD, and bonus disc.
https://hittingtheapexmovie.com/

Mother Goose
Thu Nov 19th, 2015, 03:12 PM
For anyone that streams or downloads it illegally, make sure you buy the DVD when it becomes available. You need to support the film creators.

Also, they are working on a US release, and it should be available very soon.
Don't tell me what to do! :blowup: Ha! But yes, I'll definitely be buying this one too.

BushyAR15
Fri Nov 20th, 2015, 06:47 AM
Hey no one post any spoilers!!!!! ;)

While I'm going to buy it no matter what. Is it good? I know its a documentary but some are dull and some are good. Like I think Faster was "good", not great. While Senna was excellent. Never knew a documentary could draw such emotion...

tecknojoe
Fri Nov 20th, 2015, 10:04 AM
It's as good or better than faster and fastest

Mother Goose
Fri Nov 20th, 2015, 12:55 PM
Spoilers? It's about things that already happened in MotoGP. It's like telling someone that Lincoln dies at the end of the movie Lincoln. :lol:

asp_125
Fri Nov 20th, 2015, 01:45 PM
I've been streaming it. The EU version has a lot of untranslated spanish and italian in it. Not sure if the US version will have english subtitles or over dubs.

BushyAR15
Fri Nov 20th, 2015, 02:31 PM
I was kidding thats why I used the "winking" emoji... Maybe its not a very easy to see emoji...

Spoilers? It's about things that already happened in MotoGP. It's like telling someone that Lincoln dies at the end of the movie Lincoln. :lol:

blaircsf
Fri Nov 20th, 2015, 05:17 PM
I've been streaming it. The EU version has a lot of untranslated spanish and italian in it. Not sure if the US version will have english subtitles or over dubs.

I have the EU Blu-ray and I don't remember anything that wasn't English or subtitled. There were a number of scenes subtitled, I don't particularly remember any dub over portions. Just going from memory I don't remember any differences from the EU disc and the US theater presentation.

Clovis
Fri Nov 20th, 2015, 07:33 PM
I downloaded it, enjoyed it. Hope they release it in blue ray 4k! One for the collection. :)

asp_125
Fri Nov 20th, 2015, 08:29 PM
I have the EU Blu-ray and I don't remember anything that wasn't English or subtitled. There were a number of scenes subtitled, I don't particularly remember any dub over portions. Just going from memory I don't remember any differences from the EU disc and the US theater presentation.

I am referring to quite a few scenes where the team principles talk about their riders and the priests and fans talk about Vale in his hometown Tavullia.

Okrapp
Sat Nov 21st, 2015, 06:02 PM
I am referring to quite a few scenes where the team principles talk about their riders and the priests and fans talk about Vale in his hometown Tavullia.

The theater showing had English subtitles for these parts. The Tavullia church guys were gold.

blaircsf
Sun Nov 22nd, 2015, 12:44 PM
Those were subtitled on my EU Blu-ray as well.

Redline
Tue Nov 24th, 2015, 08:40 PM
yeah!