PDA

View Full Version : Liking the new flow

Ezzzzy1
Wed Sep 2nd, 2015, 11:05 AM
I knew we could do it! Its a lot nicer around here now-a-days. Not much stupid arguing and almost no trolling cluttering up threads.

Way to go crew. You all get a gold star.

WolFeYeZ
Wed Sep 2nd, 2015, 12:03 PM
Go us!

Aaron
Wed Sep 2nd, 2015, 12:14 PM
Are gold stars being shipped to us directly or emailed?

Gramps
Wed Sep 2nd, 2015, 03:21 PM
Shipped directly but the freight is collected on delivery:)

Wrider
Wed Sep 2nd, 2015, 04:38 PM
If anyone needs a gold star transported along the front range, I'll be between Greeley/Fort Collins and the Springs pretty often in the next few weeks.

madvlad
Wed Sep 2nd, 2015, 05:16 PM
Mine will be here in 2 days with Amazon prime :D

Gramps
Wed Sep 2nd, 2015, 05:35 PM
Mine will be here in 2 days with Amazon prime :D

:lol:

j0ker
Wed Sep 2nd, 2015, 06:16 PM
I knew we could do it! Its a lot nicer around here now-a-days. Not much stupid arguing and almost no trolling cluttering up threads.

Way to go crew. You all get a gold star.

I gotta say it has been pretty nice around here.

#1Townie
Wed Sep 2nd, 2015, 09:35 PM
Really?

If you're going to go full censor don't forget this thread.

http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?54245-Denver-run-in-lets-finish-our-conversation

As its whole purpose is for conflict and one could argue threats of physical violence. And I do believe that violates tos.

Jmetz
Wed Sep 2nd, 2015, 10:01 PM
I'm on your side on this one Townie. It's under discussion, don't make me look bad. Btw that thread had no threat of physical violence and for all we know it was to resolve the conflict.

Drano
Wed Sep 2nd, 2015, 10:16 PM
Really?

If you're going to go full censor don't forget this thread.

http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?54245-Denver-run-in-lets-finish-our-conversation

As its whole purpose is for conflict and one could argue threats of physical violence. And I do believe that violates tos.

One could argue, but that would still be speculative at best. No explicit threats were made, no excessive foul language was used, and not all conflict is negative. I'm not so naive to believe the requested conversation in that thread was meant to be respectful, but I wouldn't pull the trigger on it based on what was written. Also, the OP requested of this mystery rider (if he exists on the forum) to continue the conversation in PM, which is not the purview of moderation unless we receive a complaint regarding the exchange. We're not here to censor anyone.

My aim, and I'll let the other moderators speak for themselves if they so desire, is to maintain a respectful environment where all members can share their passion for motorcycles, along with other subjects, in an open and trouble-free setting. I do try to redirect discussions that I feel may be taking a turn for the worst, and I would encourage any member on here to do the same thing. However, the last thing I want to do is make people feel like they're not welcome here, even if they're having a bad day and need to vent. It's the internet. We all come from different walks of life, and respond to stimuli in different ways. But, in my book, as long as we can keep our cool, everything will be cool.

P.S. I posted this response before I saw the action taken above. As Metz has said, we're discussing it.

#1Townie
Wed Sep 2nd, 2015, 10:37 PM
It still leads to much more conflict than my post that said guess it was all my fault.

While ezzy didn't say my name this thread was clearly pointed in my direction.

My opinion is if you're going to go full censorship do it. But don't censor one thing and not another.

Just want to add this is just a conversation and I was just using that post as an example.

One-ops
Thu Sep 3rd, 2015, 07:55 AM
Meh I think it's still slow.

Ezzzzy1
Thu Sep 3rd, 2015, 09:02 AM
This wasnt pointed at anyone or in anyones direction. I was a serious complement.

The censorship and "discussing" of posts and threads is lame, id rather see people be able to stop themselves from making the post in the first place but I dont think there really needs to be much deleting and warning and parenting and tripping....

If you think its slow, go hangout on the FB page with all the squids :lol: They are faster

~Barn~
Thu Sep 3rd, 2015, 09:15 AM
Damn.... Did I miss the fight scene?! What the fuck happened?

~Barn~
Thu Sep 3rd, 2015, 09:41 AM
http://i412.photobucket.com/albums/pp206/Nymeth_2/Not%20Covers/CensorCat.jpg

j0ker
Thu Sep 3rd, 2015, 09:47 AM
Sorry I missed it. :) Too funny.

j0ker
Thu Sep 3rd, 2015, 09:54 AM
It still leads to much more conflict than my post that said guess it was all my fault.
While ezzy didn't say my name this thread was clearly pointed in my direction.
My opinion is if you're going to go full censorship do it. But don't censor one thing and not another.
Just want to add this is just a conversation and I was just using that post as an example.

Dude get over yourself, seriously. When Ezzy made that comment I did think of you first (for pretty obvious reasons) and I also thought of me and several other people.

I never threatened anyone on here like you say in your previous remarks and there is no violence due to anything I have ever posted. I had a run-in with a guy who said he rode, and I just hoped I could further discuss that with him in private and was hoping he was a member here.

Gramps
Thu Sep 3rd, 2015, 10:43 AM
Well.............

Firstly- I thought there had to be actual content in a post for a deletion to be considered censorship. So for that I apologize.

Second- All this past stuff really had no bearing on my decision. So I guess it's your reasoning or argument but I'm not following.

Thirdly- I deleted the post to try to keep a nice thread from going the way it eventually progressed anyway. So again I apologize for trying to just keep the peace but that is simply what I was trying to do. I felt like it was an unnecessary comment that was directed at initiating a dramatic response from someone. Sheesh guys let it go is really what comes to mind.

Anyway Townie got his say in anyway and my attempt at keeping a peaceful situation was not to be. No harm no foul.

Carry on..............

j0ker
Thu Sep 3rd, 2015, 11:22 AM
Well.............

Firstly- I thought there had to be actual content in a post for a deletion to be considered censorship. So for that I apologize.

Second- All this past stuff really had no bearing on my decision. So I guess it's your reasoning or argument but I'm not following.

Thirdly- I deleted the post to try to keep a nice thread from going the way it eventually progressed anyway. So again I apologize for trying to just keep the peace but that is simply what I was trying to do. I felt like it was an unnecessary comment that was directed at initiating a dramatic response from someone. Sheesh guys let it go is really what comes to mind.

Anyway Townie got his say in anyway and my attempt at keeping a peaceful situation was not to be. No harm no foul.

Carry on..............

Appreciate you.

#1Townie
Thu Sep 3rd, 2015, 11:25 AM
Well.............

Carry on..............

Dude why do all of you take things so damn serious? My only point was that if you are going to delete one thing you must keep it on parr.

Like the post above yours. While he claims what he wants the post I pointed out has nothing constructive to it.

It is calling out an individual for conflict. Or is it that its okay for some people to ask for it while it's not okay for others?

Hey like new mods I'm just trying to figure out what's good and what's not? Why can one person make a whole thread that could lead to conflict and another can't make one post?

Just set a guideline and keep it there. Let us know where the line is drawn. That's all I'm asking.

#1Townie
Thu Sep 3rd, 2015, 11:32 AM
Dude get over yourself, seriously. When Ezzy made that comment I did think of you first (for pretty obvious reasons) and I also thought of me and several other people.

I never threatened anyone on here like you say in your previous remarks and there is no violence due to anything I have ever posted. I had a run-in with a guy who said he rode, and I just hoped I could further discuss that with him in private and was hoping he was a member here.

I didn't say you threatened anyone. I said one could argue thats what the posts meaning was.

Also notice how quick you turned to personal attacks. I just used your post as an example. Simmer down buddy. Its an opinion nothing more.

But I have noticed if you aren't part of the cool kids you just get told to leave and go somewhere else.

j0ker
Thu Sep 3rd, 2015, 11:42 AM
I didn't say you threatened anyone. I said one could argue thats what the posts meaning was.

Also notice how quick you turned to personal attacks. I just used your post as an example. Simmer down buddy. Its an opinion nothing more.

But I have noticed if you aren't part of the cool kids you just get told to leave and go somewhere else.

Sorry you are a victim here bro. Not sure how I personally attacked you unless it was with truth.

#1Townie
Thu Sep 3rd, 2015, 11:45 AM
Sorry you are a victim here bro. Not sure how I personally attacked you unless it was with truth.

Look man I'm not trying to argue with you or anyone else. Just trying to point out that we need a guideline to follow with all the new mods.

Please carry on good sir.

~Barn~
Thu Sep 3rd, 2015, 11:46 AM
:lol: I knew we could turn this thread around, the CSC way!

Also, I would like to suggest a new thought that if any given moderator does not show up to the CSC Summer "Q", that their Moderatorship be limited to a one year term. Discuss.

Slo
Thu Sep 3rd, 2015, 02:57 PM
Not sure if your referring to the barbeque? If so.... participation in a barbeque has no bearing on why moderators are around on any forum.

Ezzzzy1
Thu Sep 3rd, 2015, 04:40 PM
:lol: I knew we could turn this thread around, the CSC way!

It only takes one domino to go....

Aaron
Thu Sep 3rd, 2015, 05:26 PM
I'm with barn here! I also think all CSC dictators should be required to own a motorcycle. Drano.... drano? Better go buy that Tuononono

Drano
Thu Sep 3rd, 2015, 06:30 PM
I've found that CSC has the attention span of, oh wait,
http://www.nanowonders.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/DOUG-UP-SQUIRREL-600x300.jpg

TransNone13
Thu Sep 3rd, 2015, 06:40 PM

New mods and Drano sold his S1000RR.

Drano
Thu Sep 3rd, 2015, 06:51 PM
New mods and Drano sold his S1000RR.

Blasphemy! It would take a lot to get me to own an inline. I sold my SV650S in 2013. Saving for something new this winter, with a V4.

TransNone13
Thu Sep 3rd, 2015, 06:54 PM
LOl, well that's ok. I bought this and my ohlins shock shows up tomorrow:

http://i.imgur.com/CAj2osrl.jpg

Drano
Thu Sep 3rd, 2015, 07:15 PM
:up: Nice ride, Kyle!

TransNone13
Thu Sep 3rd, 2015, 07:25 PM
:up: Nice ride, Kyle!

Thanks, it's got more balls than I anticipated when I took off that restrictive stock exhaust. Thinking about a Corbin seat, the stock one isn't working for me though.

Ezzzzy1
Thu Sep 3rd, 2015, 11:45 PM
Blasphemy! It would take a lot to get me to own an inline. I sold my SV650S in 2013. Saving for something new this winter, with a V4.

As a Moderator that is trying to keep things on topic id expect comments on this thread to be a little more directed towards how much better this site is now than it was before. That would be great.

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/Ezzzzy1/douchebag-supercut-3-office-space-1092286-TwoByOne_zpsytiumsbh.jpg (http://s125.photobucket.com/user/Ezzzzy1/media/douchebag-supercut-3-office-space-1092286-TwoByOne_zpsytiumsbh.jpg.html)

We swung both ways on correcting the problem around here. The shit heads (me) quieted down and stop always trolling every thread for their own enjoyment (me again) while thinking they were "keeping things fun and enjoyable for all" and being "real". That in itself could have corrected the problem but we also added a wave of moderators that have their opinions of what they can do to make things better around here.

On second thought, I suppose this pace should have a few radical crazies that have had some ribs removed for their own pleasure (me, me and me).

#1Townie
Thu Sep 3rd, 2015, 11:52 PM
Honestly can we just get a guideline? Maybe discuss a guideline? With having mods they are here for a reason.

It would help for future issues. Just saying.

Ezzzzy1
Fri Sep 4th, 2015, 12:19 AM
Honestly can we just get a guideline? Maybe discuss a guideline? With having mods they are here for a reason.

I bet $1000 dollars that if guidelines are established that you break one before I do :lol:

Wanna bet?

I hope this sort of fits into the "on topic" rules. If not, mods please delete.

Jmetz
Fri Sep 4th, 2015, 12:36 AM

Be excellent to each other.

Aaron
Fri Sep 4th, 2015, 06:03 AM
Be ethical and shit

Drano
Fri Sep 4th, 2015, 07:30 AM
As a Moderator that is trying to keep things on topic id expect comments on this thread to be a little more directed towards how much better this site is now than it was before. That would be great.

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/Ezzzzy1/douchebag-supercut-3-office-space-1092286-TwoByOne_zpsytiumsbh.jpg (http://s125.photobucket.com/user/Ezzzzy1/media/douchebag-supercut-3-office-space-1092286-TwoByOne_zpsytiumsbh.jpg.html)

You are right, and I apologize for getting off-topic.

http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/announcement.php?f=82&a=13 The guidelines have been at the top of every forum for months, now.

Honestly, making the forums a better place comes down being respectful to each other. Part of that is staying true to the topic of each thread. There are very few people who like being interrupted during a conversation. Why? Because it's rude. Especially if it's not even related to the topic. It says their opinion doesn't matter. It makes others wonder whether it is even worth contributing to the conversation or beginning a new one.

The trick is that if you have something to say that doesn't fit the topic of the OP's thread, to go start a new one and voice your thoughts there. You can even say something like, "I was reading in this thread [link] and it made me think about this [topic]. Here are my thoughts. What are yours?" It's not that hard, and it takes the conversation in the direction you want to go, without taking away from the intent of the other thread.

Derailing a thread is easy. This one is a good example, and I'm one of the guilty parties. What I like is that Ezzzzy1 came back to his thread and corrected me. That's something every OP should be willing to do. It's your conversation. Redirect it, if you can. If not, ask a moderator to help. If you're not the OP and you want to stay on-topic, you can do the same thing. Establish some boundaries in the forum and, in time, they'll rarely get crossed. It can be tedious, especially if the line keeps getting crossed. Nobody likes repeating themselves continually, either.

To close: threads don't have to be serious. They don't have to be strictly about motorcycles. You don't even have to agree. For instance: if you don't like the new flow, say so. That would be perfectly appropriate. The bottom line is that we want people to keep calm, and show respect to each other. It creates a welcoming environment for both current and prospective members.

~Barn~
Fri Sep 4th, 2015, 08:29 AM
Not sure if your referring to the barbeque? If so.... participation in a barbeque has no bearing on why moderators are around on any forum.

That's kinda my whole point. It should here.

Drano
Fri Sep 4th, 2015, 08:56 AM
I can see your point, but there are always extenuating circumstances. Moderators being removed due to not attending a BBQ isn't a realistic expectation. There are plenty of people who have jobs, or other events, which may prevent them from making it to the CSC BBQ. However, it wouldn't interfere with their ability to moderate the forums. If they do their job well, missing a BBQ should have no bearing on their status whatsoever.

j0ker
Fri Sep 4th, 2015, 09:31 AM
You are right, and I apologize for getting off-topic.

http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/announcement.php?f=82&a=13 The guidelines have been at the top of every forum for months, now.

Honestly, making the forums a better place comes down being respectful to each other. Part of that is staying true to the topic of each thread. There are very few people who like being interrupted during a conversation. Why? Because it's rude. Especially if it's not even related to the topic. It says their opinion doesn't matter. It makes others wonder whether it is even worth contributing to the conversation or beginning a new one.

The trick is that if you have something to say that doesn't fit the topic of the OP's thread, to go start a new one and voice your thoughts there. You can even say something like, "I was reading in this thread [link] and it made me think about this [topic]. Here are my thoughts. What are yours?" It's not that hard, and it takes the conversation in the direction you want to go, without taking away from the intent of the other thread.

Derailing a thread is easy. This one is a good example, and I'm one of the guilty parties. What I like is that Ezzzzy1 came back to his thread and corrected me. That's something every OP should be willing to do. It's your conversation. Redirect it, if you can. If not, ask a moderator to help. If you're not the OP and you want to stay on-topic, you can do the same thing. Establish some boundaries in the forum and, in time, they'll rarely get crossed. It can be tedious, especially if the line keeps getting crossed. Nobody likes repeating themselves continually, either.

To close: threads don't have to be serious. They don't have to be strictly about motorcycles. You don't even have to agree. For instance: if you don't like the new flow, say so. That would be perfectly appropriate. The bottom line is that we want people to keep calm, and show respect to each other. It creates a welcoming environment for both current and prospective members.

Good post mang.

~Barn~
Fri Sep 4th, 2015, 09:57 AM
I'm really just mentioning the whole BBQ thing as a small example of a greater notion of "getting to know you". I definitely understand that one's attendance at a once-year event does not make or break their ability to be a moderator, and tying a term limit to it, is a bit unrealistic; especially if the job that moderator is doing is a good one. But again, it's always nice to know who's sitting across the ether with their finger readily available on the "Del" button, not to mention the "Ban" button, as it relates to how we communicate on here. And how we communicate to others, when we know you're listening...

Simply put, you can do an excellent job as a Mod (Drano) and I can have a level of respect for your style and methods and general "framework" of how you like to moderate. But then again I can also feel the same way about a guy like Josh who is also a moderator but one who is widely known and admired for what he does to put together things like his "Dinner's with Jmetz" and of course his contributions to the BBQ. The case study is an easy one.... You're both maybe excellent moderators, but the intangible nod far and away would go to Josh.

But again, that is a very specific example and my comment about a term-limit based on the BBQ was a very generic one, and mostly in jest. Just know that anonymously wielded power is always a tough pill to swallow, for any of us, and maybe especially so for guys like Townie. My .02.

j0ker
Fri Sep 4th, 2015, 10:04 AM
Lets just armwrestle every year to see who mods.

~Barn~
Fri Sep 4th, 2015, 10:26 AM
Yogurt used to bring 2 sets of boxing gloves to the BBQ, and I've always advocated for grappling matches. I suppose arm wrestling could work. :D

Captain Obvious
Fri Sep 4th, 2015, 10:33 AM
Jesus, drama. Even in the most innocent threads.

j0ker
Fri Sep 4th, 2015, 10:48 AM
Yogurt used to bring 2 sets of boxing gloves to the BBQ, and I've always advocated for grappling matches. I suppose arm wrestling could work. :D

I would be down with all of those if I actually showed up to a BBQ. :) Next year is the year, I can feel it!

Aaron
Fri Sep 4th, 2015, 03:21 PM
I didn't mean to agree with the dictators needing to attend the BBQ agreement post. It came out wrong. Dictators should not need to attend. But they should own a motorcycle. I say we hang Drano by his feet in a swimming pool taking turns dumping Portuguese manofwars on him until he goes and buys the Tuono. And if that doesn't work some other form of torture. I really don't care what.

On a side note I really like avocados. One unexpectantly was on my sandwich today, and I couldn't help but say, to myself of course; man, that was a nice avocado.

Bueller
Sat Sep 5th, 2015, 08:04 AM
I know this forum used to be fun and interesting, people got together all the time and there was some huge drama. Now it's so boring I go for days at a time without checking it.
But that maybe just how "I" remember things.

#1Townie
Sat Sep 5th, 2015, 10:00 AM
I know this forum used to be fun and interesting, people got together all the time and there was some huge drama. Now it's so boring I go for days at a time without checking it.

+1.

Nolan
Sat Sep 5th, 2015, 11:46 AM
Too many participation awards. God forbid people's feathers get ruffled.
This place is almost as boring as Facebook anymore.

Drano
Sat Sep 5th, 2015, 09:57 PM

Perhaps the issue is that the people who made the site fun and interesting have moved on other things. While it's only speculation on my part, but if we want to see something resembling those days, we need to encourage growth and infuse the site with new blood. We need to be less judgmental and encourage a larger variety of sport bike riders back into the fold. It seems to me that the site was also more lively when there were still some fearless stunters gracing the pages. Another solution: those who reminisce about how much better the way things were could also ask what they have done to help foster that environment today. To be clear, I'm not directing that at anybody specifically. It's not the first, or even the hundredth time I have seen somebody say that.

Honestly, things can never return to the way they were, simply because we age and our interests change over time. It is the impertinence of youth who make for great stories and anecdotes. Without them around, you just have a bunch of old fogies (myself included) looking back at the good old days and wondering where they've gone.

Aaron
Sat Sep 5th, 2015, 10:15 PM
https://cdn.rideapart.com/wp-content/uploads/2012%2F11%2FBeebs-599x4041-599x449.jpeg

j0ker
Sat Sep 5th, 2015, 10:28 PM
https://cdn.rideapart.com/wp-content/uploads/2012%2F11%2FBeebs-599x4041-599x449.jpeg
What is this?

Aaron
Sat Sep 5th, 2015, 10:45 PM
A squid. A Bieber squid to be exact.

#1Townie
Sat Sep 5th, 2015, 11:43 PM
Perhaps the issue is that the people who made the site fun and interesting have moved on other things. While it's only speculation on my part, but if we want to see something resembling those days, we need to encourage growth and infuse the site with new blood. We need to be less judgmental and encourage a larger variety of sport bike riders back into the fold. It seems to me that the site was also more lively when there were still some fearless stunters gracing the pages. Another solution: those who reminisce about how much better the way things were could also ask what they have done to help foster that environment today. To be clear, I'm not directing that at anybody specifically. It's not the first, or even the hundredth time I have seen somebody say that.

Honestly, things can never return to the way they were, simply because we age and our interests change over time. It is the impertinence of youth who make for great stories and anecdotes. Without them around, you just have a bunch of old fogies (myself included) looking back at the good old days and wondering where they've gone.

I tried. I tried to stop the judgment from others. The pointless squid calling. I tried to post fun topics and even controversial topics to get people talking.

I was left with threats and told to leave. As far as I'm concerned the cool kids got what they wanted. A boring no fun having environment where everyone gets their trophy.

You want stunters to come here and talk? Bro this site has spent the last ten years blaiming anything and everything on stunters.

Literally if you are not part of the g14 classified rides or a racer you're a squid. If you hang out with other riders at whatever location bikes hang out you're a squid. If you don't do track days you're a squid. If you don't agat you're a squid.

Its actually pretty hard not be a squid around here.

j0ker
Sun Sep 6th, 2015, 07:42 AM
I tried. I tried to stop the judgment from others. The pointless squid calling. I tried to post fun topics and even controversial topics to get people talking.

I was left with threats and told to leave. As far as I'm concerned the cool kids got what they wanted. A boring no fun having environment where everyone gets their trophy.

You want stunters to come here and talk? Bro this site has spent the last ten years blaiming anything and everything on stunters.

Literally if you are not part of the g14 classified rides or a racer you're a squid. If you hang out with other riders at whatever location bikes hang out you're a squid. If you don't do track days you're a squid. If you don't agat you're a squid.

This is just not true about the exclusivity of rides Townie, I participated on a very nice group ride openly posted up on here. Lots of public talk about the route and time. 17 riders showed up and it was a great time. I'm not sure if there is hate for stunters or not, but I have a lot of respect for someone who can do what some of them can. I just don't really want it done in the middle of a introductory ride with a bunch of newbies. Maybe this board isn't like some of you remember, as life progresses and we become increasingly older fucks, it's just the way life is.

Hope you all get out and ride today! I'm going dirt for sunday!

#1Townie
Sun Sep 6th, 2015, 10:14 AM
This is just not true about the exclusivity of rides Townie, I participated on a very nice group ride openly posted up on here. Lots of public talk about the route and time. 17 riders showed up and it was a great time. I'm not sure if there is hate for stunters or not, but I have a lot of respect for someone who can do what some of them can. I just don't really want it done in the middle of a introductory ride with a bunch of newbies. Maybe this board isn't like some of you remember, as life progresses and we become increasingly older fucks, it's just the way life is.

Hope you all get out and ride today! I'm going dirt for sunday!

Well maybe you don't feel that way but its the truth. The riders who aren't in here won't have anything to do with place. Why? Actual response is fuck those snobs.

Not my words. Using an actual quote from someone I told to sign up.

http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?53930-ft-oops&p=772385&highlight=#post772385

Last video I tried to post.

Aaron
Sun Sep 6th, 2015, 01:26 PM
I do not like the content of this thread.

Snazzy
Sun Sep 6th, 2015, 04:06 PM
So anyways.

Drano
Sun Sep 6th, 2015, 05:22 PM

I'm still only seeing complaints. It's all I've seen, in fact: People complaining that there aren't Friday funnies; People complaining that there aren't enough rides posted; People complaining that there isn't enough camaraderie any more; People complaining that there aren't enough GoPro ride videos. It goes on, and on, and on, but the one common variable is that those who are doing the complaining aren't doing anything more than that. The phrase goes, "If you aren't a part of the solution, you are a part of the problem."

I stepped up to be a moderator because I want the site to be better, what have you done? I don't mean to direct that entirely at you Townie. It is more of a generalized question to anyone who finds time to complain but does nothing to address the issue. I'm not going to keep beating on a dead horse, but a lot of it starts with respect. On the internet that's a hard commodity to sell, because people think they can say and do whatever they please without consequence or reprisal. All the while the golden rule never finds a place in the equation. Instead we find people with the inmate mentality touting, "I don't just give out respect, you gotta earn it." Yeah, that's great in prison, but loses all merit in the real world where all of us should have a shred of courtesy and decency towards each other.

You want to hear an old fogey talk about the good old days? For fucks sake I'm only 37! When did grown men start thinking it is okay to behave like children? Where have all the gentlemen gone? I'll tell you the answer: Only a weak man can't maintain his composure when things don't go his way.

#1Townie
Sun Sep 6th, 2015, 06:12 PM
I'm still only seeing complaints. It's all I've seen, in fact: People complaining that there aren't Friday funnies; People complaining that there aren't enough rides posted; People complaining that there isn't enough camaraderie any more; People complaining that there aren't enough GoPro ride videos. It goes on, and on, and on, but the one common variable is that those who are doing the complaining aren't doing anything more than that. The phrase goes, "If you aren't a part of the solution, you are a part of the problem."

I stepped up to be a moderator because I want the site to be better, what have you done? I don't mean to direct that entirely at you Townie. It is more of a generalized question to anyone who finds time to complain but does nothing to address the issue. I'm not going to keep beating on a dead horse, but a lot of it starts with respect. On the internet that's a hard commodity to sell, because people think they can say and do whatever they please without consequence or reprisal. All the while the golden rule never finds a place in the equation. Instead we find people with the inmate mentality touting, "I don't just give out respect, you gotta earn it." Yeah, that's great in prison, but loses all merit in the real world where all of us should have a shred of courtesy and decency towards each other.

You want to hear an old fogey talk about the good old days? For fucks sake I'm only 37! When did grown men start thinking it is okay to behave like children? Where have all the gentlemen gone? I'll tell you the answer: Only a weak man can't maintain his composure when things don't go his way.

Well I can see this there is no point in trying to have a conversation with you. Carry on gents.

Drano
Sun Sep 6th, 2015, 06:28 PM
Well I can see this there is no point in trying to have a conversation with you. Carry on gents.

What is the conversation you are trying to have with me? Perhaps I'm missing something here? What I'm seeing from you is that there is no hope for this site, that it is lost and better left for dead. That's not a conversation, that's a declaration. You may be mistaking my previous post as inferring that I don't understand where you are coming from. In fact, I agree that there is room for change. I believe that there are some who could put away their pride and become advocates for growth, and acceptance. My question is: how do we achieve that change? I simply don't accept that all is lost, and that was my point.

#1Townie
Sun Sep 6th, 2015, 07:31 PM
I see no point in carrying on this topic. Good day sir.

j0ker
Sun Sep 6th, 2015, 09:17 PM
What is the conversation you are trying to have with me? Perhaps I'm missing something here? What I'm seeing from you is that there is no hope for this site, that it is lost and better left for dead. That's not a conversation, that's a declaration. You may be mistaking my previous post as inferring that I don't understand where you are coming from. In fact, I agree that there is room for change. I believe that there are some who could put away their pride and become advocates for growth, and acceptance. My question is: how do we achieve that change? I simply don't accept that all is lost, and that was my point.
I am with Drano on this. It is very easy to criticize without any thought of a remedy. I personally don't think this site is busted or dull, but I wasn't here in the "good ole days" either. Obviously things can be improved on, what are your suggestions to make us better?

I know you and I don't really get along on here, but I honestly think you and I would get along just fine if we were on 2 wheels. I just don't want you to take this as a direct negative criticism of you because it's not supposed to be. I get that you are unhappy about this place, but I'm not sure what would make you happy.

Discuss?

#1Townie
Mon Sep 7th, 2015, 12:55 AM
I am with Drano on this. It is very easy to criticize without any thought of a remedy. I personally don't think this site is busted or dull, but I wasn't here in the "good ole days" either. Obviously things can be improved on, what are your suggestions to make us better?

I know you and I don't really get along on here, but I honestly think you and I would get along just fine if we were on 2 wheels. I just don't want you to take this as a direct negative criticism of you because it's not supposed to be. I get that you are unhappy about this place, but I'm not sure what would make you happy.

Discuss?

To be honest bro.... I never once said this place couldn't be fixed. I never said it was too far gone. You really think I would still be here if I felt that way?

I know 99% of you think I have no friends but let me ask you... If that was the case how would I know what everyone is saying about me behind my back?

Anyways what I was saying is actually saying is actually in agreement with drano. The only problem is until the self-righteous issues are addressed he won't get what he hopes for.

Thats why I posted the link I did. I'm not calling madvlad a hater I'm just saying that stunters get blamed for everyrhing. Thats a little unfair.

I just won't do the dick measuring conests anymore. Who did what for who seems a little immature. Basically. But whatever.

To be honest man the only reason I posted your link man was because one could argue your intentions were far more hostile than mine.

Honestly man I know you are relatively new to this place but I have always called people out on using this forum as a place to vent BS.

Sure we have that. That happens. But what this place doesn't have anymore is the goofing off it used to. Sport boke ridsers are not Harley riders. We don't get get serious about stupid BS.

Its why i don't see why I'm taken so seriously. Bro I'm a goofball. I love to laugh. I didn't buy a sport bike because I was like oh yeah I got the fastest lap at whatever track days for whatever reason.

I'm only here because I was informed that us squids at she'll couldn't ride a bike to save their lives. Thats what made me join here and start talking shit.

So to be honest man I'm a creation of this websites own misguided intentions. But whatever that's old shit.

The sad part about this all is it had the potential to reach so many new riders and just judges them to the point they want nothing to do with place.

So actually I was agreeing with drano but all he SEEN was I was arguing with him for my selfish reasons. That is a perfect example of what I'm trying to point to all here.

AOK303
Mon Sep 7th, 2015, 04:18 AM
All forums have swings of where you loose half the people quickly, people move on and dont sign in, no longer have a reason to associate, found there group and communicate outside of the forum. dont like the forum, or got banned. IT happens. people will always have someone ready to flame a post or person or a part of the Community regardless of if you approve that part of the community they still are.

Im on about 15 forums that i float in an out of, its the same While the post here are down and alot of them that are being read or seen go off topic and no one post after 3 days due to where they led.
i would say the forum is actually fine and ok

To get numbers up you have to tell people, but its not like we cruise to functions, Hold are own functions(1 or 2 a year do not count as holding) or truly have a facebook page.
there use to be 4 or 5 big group rides of 20 or more. we have 1 now
if you want to turn it around those are the things that need to change
but really if you look at the post that go up, events shared, rides posted, People asking for help or saying they can give help, lets be social post with out seeing who will get pissed off first are not here
the Arguments and opposite opinions really do not chase that many away but if that's the only things posted it will seem that way

Bueller
Mon Sep 7th, 2015, 06:57 AM
I'm still only seeing complaints. It's all I've seen

I am not complaining. Just saying, the evolution of the forum throughout the past 12 years has changed to a less personal format. Used to be a normal day here with people just being silly. Sometimes frustratingly moronic, high drama trolls and split personalities. There were are large number of tight and loose personal bonds. No one had really learned the whole "Ride with those you know and trust" thing yet so group rides got wild at times. You looked forward to tuning in to see what crazy shit was going to happen tomorrow. I am glad to have been part of most of that. And believe me it wasn't all great times, there were many low points for some along the way.
I know it can't go back to that, and I wouldn't want to try to replay it. That was how the stars and the personalities lined up at that particular time.
I only stated that this iteration is boring (to me) and I don't follow the board as close because of it.

Drano
Mon Sep 7th, 2015, 09:29 AM
So actually I was agreeing with drano but all he SEEN was I was arguing with him for my selfish reasons. That is a perfect example of what I'm trying to point to all here.

I apologize if you thought I was trying to argue with you. That wasn't my intent. I read what you said, that you had tried to do many things, but it felt to me that you had decided that its better to just give up. Instead, I was simply asking for people, including you, to come up with more solutions to the problem rather than just walk away from it. We can get what we want if we are willing to change. Don't take that to mean I haven't already noticed the change in you. You've changed a lot, and it's helped a lot.

What I was trying to point out is that of all the things that have been referred to as lost and gone on the site, each and every one of us has a keyboard that can type letters and form words into posts and threads. If we want those things back, we may need to be willing to step up to the plate and provide them, because the people who used to do them may not come back, and it may take a while to find new members who will.

Spiderman
Mon Sep 7th, 2015, 09:57 AM
I also think all CSC dictators should be required to own a motorcycle.That kinda defeats the whole dictatorship thing... ;)
Besides, I own 4. I got 'em covered. :lol:

Lets just armwrestle every year to see who mods.Better yet... :vader:

To close: threads don't have to be serious. They don't have to be strictly about motorcycles. You don't even have to agree. For instance: if you don't like the new flow, say so. That would be perfectly appropriate. The bottom line is that we want people to keep calm, and show respect to each other. It creates a welcoming environment for both current and prospective members.:up:

Wrider
Mon Sep 7th, 2015, 02:36 PM
To those who are butthurt and feel everyone is out to get you...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdFkTk3BThA

j0ker
Mon Sep 7th, 2015, 07:41 PM
To be honest man the only reason I posted your link man was because one could argue your intentions were far more hostile than mine.

Honestly man I know you are relatively new to this place but I have always called people out on using this forum as a place to vent BS.

I only wanted to continue the dialog we had already started. I am not a violent person by nature but I don't put up with much shit either. I still see nothing wrong with asking him, if he were a member, to PM me.

Im on about 15 forums that i float in an out of

Wow! Are all of them local to Colorado?