PDA

View Full Version : October 10th, 2015 ride!

Sully
Tue Sep 22nd, 2015, 11:19 AM
Since we had a season opener ride, I thought it would be nice to get another ride together but not really a season closing ride since most of us ride all year round when possible, but for those fair weather riders :)

As always, CSC Group riding rules will apply - this means don't act like a fool :mrt:
Please be a responsible adult and courteous rider ;)
Minimum gear requirement of: helmet, gloves, jacket and boots.
"M" endorsement, legally registered motorcycle and current plates/tags.

n00b and beginner rider friendly.
Please let me know if you are new to riding and/or group rides.

I was looking at the possible dates of: Oct. 4th, 10th, or 11th. Poll will close 9/30.

Since the majority voted for Saturday, Oct. 10th, I'll shoot for that day with Sunday, Oct. 11th as the weather back up date.
Meeting location: 7-Eleven at 399 Washington Ave, Golden, CO with kickstands up at 9:30/9:45am due to the cooler weather predicted.

Gramps
Tue Sep 22nd, 2015, 02:41 PM
Sully needs to be the official new member/ season opener and ending organizer and welcoming committee chair person.

@Theta
Tue Sep 22nd, 2015, 02:47 PM
Any idea how long this ride will be?

Drano
Tue Sep 22nd, 2015, 02:58 PM
Sully needs to be the official new member/ season opener and ending organizer and welcoming committee chair person.

+1

Sully
Tue Sep 22nd, 2015, 02:59 PM

ha ha.. yes, for all of our 10 active members... :lol:.... :no:
and.. uhm... whatever happened to bornwildnfree?? Did she resign her self elected position?

@Theta - I would venture to say anywhere between 3-4 hours. I haven't really mapped out a route yet, but if you have to break off from the group, it shouldn't be a problem.

Bueller
Tue Sep 22nd, 2015, 04:43 PM
This is a maybe for me depending on things.

Drano
Tue Sep 22nd, 2015, 05:03 PM
and.. uhm... whatever happened to bornwildnfree?? Did she resign her self elected position?

I think she's been so busy knocking heads together on the facebook page that she rarely has time for us clowns. ;)

madvlad
Tue Sep 22nd, 2015, 05:32 PM
May be in for the 10th

matt2778
Tue Sep 22nd, 2015, 07:34 PM
Sunday the 4th for me

Gramps
Tue Sep 22nd, 2015, 08:06 PM

:lol: If I remember correctly she resigned. As far as our 10 members - It should make the position manageable.

spdu4ia
Tue Sep 22nd, 2015, 08:36 PM
Where you guys thinking?

One-ops
Tue Sep 22nd, 2015, 09:18 PM
Halloween should be easy then huh!!??

Sully
Wed Sep 23rd, 2015, 11:03 AM
Where you guys thinking?

Haven't decided yet.. but I am open to suggestions.. :D

Spooph
Wed Sep 23rd, 2015, 01:33 PM
GASP! I might actually be able to make this!

Gramps
Wed Sep 23rd, 2015, 01:40 PM
Haven't decided yet.. but I am open to suggestions.. :D

It's probably going to be too cold to go to high in elevation. I guess you never know until you get a little closer.

Sully
Wed Sep 23rd, 2015, 03:19 PM
I was thinking the same thing. We could get a little bit of a later start but then we will have to deal with traffic. We'll see as it gets closer, like you said :) I hope you're going to make the ride :up:

BC14
Wed Sep 23rd, 2015, 06:26 PM
Sat :)

MrShawn
Wed Sep 23rd, 2015, 11:12 PM
Oooo any of those dates work with me. Never been on a group ride before :O Pretty excited for this one.

One-ops
Thu Sep 24th, 2015, 09:13 AM
Royal gorge ??!!

One-ops
Fri Sep 25th, 2015, 12:53 PM
crickets

Sully
Fri Sep 25th, 2015, 12:58 PM
Cuz everyone just lurks.. or no one rides.. lol.. :lol:... I'll still ride regardless :mrt: :D

One-ops
Fri Sep 25th, 2015, 01:16 PM
What cha think of the gourge then eh?!

DriverDave
Fri Sep 25th, 2015, 01:56 PM
I'll still ride regardless :mrt: :D
Me too!!!!:up:

Nolan
Fri Sep 25th, 2015, 02:24 PM
I've been busy getting dirty and lurking.

Sully
Fri Sep 25th, 2015, 02:34 PM
And snacking in front of your pooch! :bigeyes:

Nolan
Fri Sep 25th, 2015, 02:37 PM
Now I have to get her and the other shit head dog weight control dog food.
No more snacks in this house!

One-ops
Sat Sep 26th, 2015, 05:53 AM
We need a separate lurker thread. If I wouldn't been taking a shit reading these updates it would have been a completely wasted moment of my life.
Don't we have 12 mods for this?
Now it's time to ride.

Nolan
Sat Sep 26th, 2015, 06:36 AM
If it's a lurker thread who would post in it? At least this way there's shitty entertainment.

Bueller
Sat Sep 26th, 2015, 09:12 AM
This thread offends me! I demand appropriate action!

One-ops
Mon Sep 28th, 2015, 08:45 AM
Any updates for this good time?
How about a Pikes peak ride?

Gramps
Mon Sep 28th, 2015, 09:52 AM
Any updates for this good time?
How about a Pikes peak ride?

Is there a reason all the rides you mention are long mileage and away from the front range? Just wondering because you are in Littleton as am I. Just seems odd to me but then again I'm not a guy who likes long rides or a ton of miles. It's all about curves and how fast I can get to those curves for me.

:dunno:

One-ops
Mon Sep 28th, 2015, 11:04 AM
Oh no I'm the same,I just do that every weekend. Figured a big group ride would be a longer slower affair. These are just two places I've wanted to go.

madvlad
Mon Sep 28th, 2015, 01:53 PM
Pikes peak will be too cold, I'm sure there's snow/ice part Devils playground

Gramps
Mon Sep 28th, 2015, 02:14 PM
Oh no I'm the same,I just do that every weekend. Figured a big group ride would be a longer slower affair. These are just two places I've wanted to go.

Gotcha. I was just wondering.

Pikes peak will be too cold, I'm sure there's snow/ice part Devils playground

Yeah it will be crazy. Even Evans is pretty cold in the morning. This weeks weather looks like it's going to cool off a bit as well.

Sully
Mon Sep 28th, 2015, 02:38 PM
Since the majority voted for Saturday, Oct. 10th, I'll shoot for that day with Sunday, Oct. 11th as the weather back up date.
More than likely meeting at the 7-Eleven at 399 Washington Ave, Golden, CO with kickstands up at 9:30/9:45am due to the cooler weather predicted.

I'll update the first post momentarily.

blaircsf
Tue Sep 29th, 2015, 10:17 AM
Unfortunately probably can't make Saturday, we'll see. Have fun though.

Bashed
Thu Oct 1st, 2015, 07:45 PM
Sully,
I'm in if you are still a go for this ride.
It will be goog to see you again.

Drama2
Thu Oct 1st, 2015, 08:21 PM
I am in as well.

~Barn~
Fri Oct 2nd, 2015, 08:26 AM
I think I can get down with this. I have to make it up to Fort Fun for the CSU vs. Boise St. football game later that afternoon on Saturday but I should be good. :up:

~Barn~
Fri Oct 2nd, 2015, 08:30 AM
<Snip...> As far as our 10 members - It should make the position manageable.

:spit:

Sully
Mon Oct 5th, 2015, 11:34 AM
It will be great to see you, Bash! Drama2, glad you're coming as well!

I saw that 2 people voted for Oct. 11th ride, is anyone still interested in riding Sunday as well? The suggestion was ride both days!! :o OMG.. ride two days in a row.. unheard of !!!

Drama2
Mon Oct 5th, 2015, 04:29 PM
I am excited. ..see you there.

50sGrl
Mon Oct 5th, 2015, 09:27 PM
Weather looks great for Saturday! Any thoughts on route/destination?

Sully
Tue Oct 6th, 2015, 10:51 AM
:yes: Working on route now. Approximately 150 miles start to finish :D

I hope you and Jeff can make it!

Nolan! Get there!!

asp_125
Tue Oct 6th, 2015, 12:13 PM
(Insert standard CSC response here) - mebbeh. :D

Sully
Tue Oct 6th, 2015, 12:28 PM
:spit: :devious: whatchooo talkin' bout Willis?

Nolan
Tue Oct 6th, 2015, 12:31 PM
Only 150? Jeez. I'll be there.

Sully
Tue Oct 6th, 2015, 12:55 PM
Actually 160 cry baby :cry:.. but it will be further than that since you will have mileage back home :p :D

Nolan
Tue Oct 6th, 2015, 02:16 PM
Oooooooooo

Webphisher
Tue Oct 6th, 2015, 06:14 PM
Woohoo, finally approved to post! I'd love to come on this trip. I just got my license and bike on the 14th of September, already have close to 800 miles under me. Have done one partial trip up golden gate canyon. So if you are still welcoming new riders I'm in. Also when you say boots, do they just have to cover the ankle, or do you mean riding boots? Performance cycle is doing a huge sale that same day so I was going to go get riding boots Saturday afterwards.

Clovis
Tue Oct 6th, 2015, 07:53 PM
Ultimately, it's your skin and bones, your call.

Barring proper riding boots (Sidi, Alpinestars, etc) a hiking, military or really any other type of "boot" will do for a single ride.

With that said, in my humble opinion, a group canyon ride at spirited paces is not the ride for a truely new rider. Group rides can bring out a lot in people's riding (faster) and it's all too easy to get sucked into riding over your head when you're just starting to feel confident on the bike. I remember that.

My advice is to ride by yourself as you gain experience and level up. It's the very end of the season, its deer season and winter is probably coming early this year but this weekend is going to be sunny and 80 degrees pretty much everywhere.

Its a great weekend for riding - I'll be riding, somewhere!

And by the way, welcome to CSC! Glad you're here.

Clovis

One-ops
Tue Oct 6th, 2015, 08:14 PM
I'm in for Both days!

Sully
Tue Oct 6th, 2015, 09:16 PM
Yes, boots that cover the ankle should be fun for now but I recommend getting some sturdy riding boots as soon as you can. I see see that Performance Cycle was having a sale Saturday as well! :up:
As far as pace goes, this will be noob friendly so I hope you can join. :)

madvlad
Tue Oct 6th, 2015, 10:57 PM
I'm out, working every Saturday till December and leave to Florida. Have fun everyone!

MrShawn
Wed Oct 7th, 2015, 12:54 AM
Something came up on Saturday so I can't go darn it!!!

Webphisher
Wed Oct 7th, 2015, 08:29 AM
Yes, boots that cover the ankle should be fun for now but I recommend getting some sturdy riding boots as soon as you can. I see see that Performance Cycle was having a sale Saturday as well! :up:
As far as pace goes, this will be noob friendly so I hope you can join. :)

Ya, pretty much going from where ever we split up straight down there lol. Right now Ive got some higher end hiking boots that I've been riding in. So if I'm lucky I can get my boots and some pants after the ride. So ya count me in!

Sully
Wed Oct 7th, 2015, 09:25 AM
:up:

Damir - We are also riding Sunday ;) Meet up location may be different, so let me know if you're interested.

Spooph
Wed Oct 7th, 2015, 09:27 AM
Woohoo, finally approved to post! I'd love to come on this trip. I just got my license and bike on the 14th of September, already have close to 800 miles under me. Have done one partial trip up golden gate canyon. So if you are still welcoming new riders I'm in. Also when you say boots, do they just have to cover the ankle, or do you mean riding boots? Performance cycle is doing a huge sale that same day so I was going to go get riding boots Saturday afterwards.

While Clovis is blasting up the front, you can hang back with me. Hiking boots will be fine for now, just no converse or super thin dress boots of some sort. Ankle support is important, so is abrasion resistance if you happen to go down.

Webphisher
Wed Oct 7th, 2015, 10:18 AM
:up:

Damir - We are also riding Sunday ;) Meet up location may be different, so let me know if you're interested.

Sweet, then I can break in the new boots if they have them in my size Sunday, count me in for that ride too. Trying to get as much road under me while I can.

Sully
Wed Oct 7th, 2015, 10:58 AM

BTW - Welcome to the club. Did you take the MSF class? What type of bike do you have? (sorry if I missed that somewhere :? )

You can introduce yourself here---> http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?52564-New-Members-Introduce-yourself-here!-%28NEW-thread%29&highlight=new+members

:hibye:

Sully
Wed Oct 7th, 2015, 10:59 AM
While Clovis is blasting up the front, you can hang back with me. Hiking boots will be fine for now, just no converse or super thin dress boots of some sort. Ankle support is important, so is abrasion resistance if you happen to go down.

+1 on the boots!

He will be blasting up the front by himself :lol:

Glad you're coming!

Sully
Wed Oct 7th, 2015, 11:05 AM
Sweet, then I can break in the new boots if they have them in my size Sunday, count me in for that ride too. Trying to get as much road under me while I can.

If you are able, go check out their selection before Saturday :)

Public announcement:

A guy I know crashed on his bike a few weeks ago wearing tennis shoes (AND HE HAS BOOTS!! BUT WAS TOO LAZY TO WEAR).. and thankfully nothing terribly happened to his ankles or feet other than a little road rash.. the rest of him wasn't that lucky... We all know this is a dangerous sport and we have to respect the throttle and ride within our limits.. Just because you can ride as fast as your friend in a straight line, doesn't mean you can take the next corner at the same speed as he can.. he may have more experience and seat time than you do to be able to maneuver that corner than you do.. don't let your ego get in the way guys.. and girls :boobies:

Drama2
Wed Oct 7th, 2015, 02:03 PM
Nobody ever gets in front of Clovis.....so I will be hanging with ya in the rear to....

Glad his comment didnt scare you off....he can be a meanie :)

Sully
Wed Oct 7th, 2015, 03:06 PM

Hmm.. I don't think Sundays ride will be n00b friendly :(

Webphisher
Wed Oct 7th, 2015, 03:12 PM

No worries, tons of road out there :D

Clovis
Wed Oct 7th, 2015, 06:46 PM
Don't get me wrong - I'm not trying to scare anyone off! CSC needs new blood, just not a blood sacrifice :) There is a noob ride every May or so at the start of the riding season.

Check out Black Canyon next year - it's a trip there and back but an awesome day ride. Also a CSC ride every 4th of July. I might be heading there to ride this weekend - that or Steamboat.

Black Canyon from August:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJd9PneidDU

Clovis
Wed Oct 7th, 2015, 06:54 PM
I'll add something.

You're the one in control of YOUR ride - if you restrain your right hand, you'll do fine.

But in any case, you should absolutely invest in a full set of leathers and protection because you WILL go down - it's only a matter of time before every rider takes a spill. Gear and specifically leathers is the difference between getting back on the bike and going to the hospital...

Bueller
Wed Oct 7th, 2015, 08:01 PM

hhhmmmmm

Okrapp
Wed Oct 7th, 2015, 08:21 PM
Don't get me wrong - I'm not trying to scare anyone off! CSC needs new blood, just not a blood sacrifice :) There is a noob ride every May or so at the start of the riding season.

Check out Black Canyon next year - it's a trip there and back but an awesome day ride. Also a CSC ride every 4th of July. I might be heading there to ride this weekend - that or Steamboat.

Daaang. That road was already on the list. But methinks it went to the top of the list now. Nice vid!

Bueller
Wed Oct 7th, 2015, 09:25 PM

Just curious if you know what that double yellow line is for?

mdub
Thu Oct 8th, 2015, 05:41 AM

did that cpl years ago. That is a great ride for sure..

Webphisher
Thu Oct 8th, 2015, 09:43 AM
It turns out I might be on call this weekend and unable to go, dang out. But I'll make sure I hit up rides at the start of the season :D

One-ops
Thu Oct 8th, 2015, 11:10 AM
Is it sat yet?
moto gp weekend at the bar too !!! Hell yeah!!

Clovis
Thu Oct 8th, 2015, 08:26 PM
Just curious if you know what that double yellow line is for?

Of course I do. It's a boundary you can occasionally cross with caution. :D

Redline
Fri Oct 9th, 2015, 11:45 AM
I might be able to come out for a couple hours worth of a ride.... are we really leaving at 9:30? If that is a strict time it will make for more riding time....

Bueller
Fri Oct 9th, 2015, 05:41 PM
Of course I do. It's a boundary you can occasionally cross with caution. :D
Really? I always thought it meant you are unable to control your line due to excessive speed or lack of control.

Nolan
Fri Oct 9th, 2015, 05:53 PM
Unable or unwilling?

caldizzlebob
Fri Oct 9th, 2015, 05:58 PM
I will try to make it, I should be off work around 9 in centennial, so it'll be close to 9:30 when I get there. If not could you guys post before you leave which way you'll be heading?

Sully
Fri Oct 9th, 2015, 06:43 PM
yes

50sGrl
Fri Oct 9th, 2015, 06:48 PM
We'll see you in the am! :yay:

Clovis
Fri Oct 9th, 2015, 07:02 PM
I am very likely in, pending I will myself to wake up early enough to get there from The Springs :) At least I start close to the pass to Woodland Park =)

The Duc is prepped with a new set of tires, fresh oil/filters, fresh brake fluid, polished and pretty! :)

Sully
Sat Oct 10th, 2015, 10:21 AM
Up golden gate

BushyAR15
Sat Oct 10th, 2015, 12:30 PM
That was cool meeting a bunch of you. At least I got to go up GGC with you guys. Had to split early. Wife's birthday. Was sneaking in a ride before we got going. Hope the rest of the ride went well!

Bashed
Sat Oct 10th, 2015, 04:55 PM
Awesome riding with the Northern CSC folks. It's been awhile since had and had forgotten how nice the roads are up your way.
No tickets, no wrecks, awesome riding weather and temps, excellent scenery and pace. Not to fast, not to slow, justttttt right.
Thanks for showing me some different roads and letting me tag along.:rock:
Till the next one.........

Nguyen
Sat Oct 10th, 2015, 04:55 PM
That was a great ride! Sorry to make you guys wait coming back from deckers, I thought all were riding back home separately so I stopped at the lookout to take a few pictures :)
Kerry and Nolan, thanks for coming back to look for me.

Gramps
Sat Oct 10th, 2015, 05:13 PM
Thanks for the meetup Sully:up:

We were both on a short schedule and had a few detours in mind. we actually rejoined for a few moments towards the top of Golden Gate.

Looks like everyone had a good time.

Good to see some old faces and meet a few new.

:ride:

Sully
Sat Oct 10th, 2015, 05:27 PM
What a FUN ride!! Thanks everyone who joined!!

Bueller
Sat Oct 10th, 2015, 06:06 PM
Good ride for sure, really good to see the old school turnout.

I was pleasantly surprised to find new pristine pavement on 67, although the extreme washboard on the steepest part of the dirt section makes going up challenging on street bike suspension.

Bashed
Sat Oct 10th, 2015, 06:13 PM
Good ride for sure, really good to see the old school turnout.

I was pleasantly surprised to find new pristine pavement on 67, although the extreme washboard on the steepest part of the dirt section makes going up challenging on street bike suspension.
Try it with traction control, it basically kills the bike on washboard. glad everyone made it back home OK.

Nolan
Sat Oct 10th, 2015, 06:23 PM
Fantastic day. Rides like this make it difficult to choose street people or dirt people!

and there needs to be a better sign for shadow Mtn.

Bueller
Sat Oct 10th, 2015, 06:41 PM
SHADOW FUKIN' MOUNTAIN!!!!!
-------------------------------------->

Nolan
Sat Oct 10th, 2015, 06:52 PM
Hahaha! That might almost be enough to get my attention!

DriverDave
Sat Oct 10th, 2015, 07:05 PM
Actually, where we turned is Brook Forest Rd. The other end is Shadow Mountain, but we usually just refer to the whole road as Shadow Mountain.
Anyway, great day on 2 wheels!

asp_125
Sat Oct 10th, 2015, 08:57 PM
Great day, no tickets or crashes. Great to see a few new faces and catch up with some old ones. Thanks Sully for setting this up! :D Can't believe how nice the roads (and fall colors) are this late into the season.

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5821/21458572654_cf0a1d0395_b.jpg
https://farm1.staticflickr.com/756/22055241346_1cf3c35e58_b.jpg

Nguyen
Sat Oct 10th, 2015, 10:06 PM
I like all the sunglasses in that pics. And WTH was Nik doing, checking if his breakfast was still there?

Drama2
Sat Oct 10th, 2015, 10:48 PM
Agree to all above...had a blast.

Bueller
Sun Oct 11th, 2015, 08:48 AM
You caught Sully layin down the law! :lol:

One-ops
Sun Oct 11th, 2015, 08:51 AM
I like all the sunglasses in that pics. And WTH was Nik doing, checking if his breakfast was still there?
Lmao !!! I'm looking for my sunglasses!! Sadly I left them on my dresser at home.
Fanfrackintastic day, people and riding!! Thanks Sully putting it together. Dave thanks for leading the way!! And thanks to the guy on the rsv for taking the heat all the way down ccr!!

Drama2
Sun Oct 11th, 2015, 11:41 AM
What was up with the lady in the small SUV who pulled behind us video taping as we were at a stop, she then drove by slowly video taping and Nik gave her the double birdie. Did anyone else see this?

Webphisher
Sun Oct 11th, 2015, 03:10 PM
Too bad I missed it. But I was able to get some boots, and took a short ride to Georgetown with some friends later when I found out I wasn't on call haha.

http://www.revzilla.com/product/sidi-doha-boot

Got them for $144

Also upgraded my armor in my jacket to the level 2 D30.

Sully
Sun Oct 11th, 2015, 06:13 PM
Drama2 - she needed souvenir pics of our awesomeness!! :w00t:

One-ops
Sun Oct 11th, 2015, 08:46 PM
You caught Sully layin down the law! :lol:
Really hope he had a camera I would like to see a pass I saw in my mirror from a different angle!

Spooph
Mon Oct 12th, 2015, 09:38 AM
Fantastic ride! Thanks for setting it up Sully, thank to DriverDave for leading! Thanks to everybody for making this awesome for everybody! I got so caught up in the ride I forgot to take pictures!

Clovis
Mon Oct 12th, 2015, 11:34 PM
Really hope he had a camera I would like to see a pass I saw in my mirror from a different angle!

Yeah... I think I know the one you're talking about. That was kind of sketchy.

Bueller
Tue Oct 13th, 2015, 06:24 AM
"Sketchy" is not what belongs on group rides. If you want to kill yourself do it on a solo ride and try not to take out innocent people unfortunate enough to be coming the other way. If Sully wouldn't have talked to you, there were others of us that would have. I understand you believe you are a seasoned rider but you still have sooooo much more to learn.

Buy more life insurance.

DriverDave
Tue Oct 13th, 2015, 07:53 AM
I think I'll weigh in on this too....This is not the first time you have passed the "leader" on a group ride. If you don't like riding in a group, DON'T GO ON GROUP RIDES!!!!

Nolan
Tue Oct 13th, 2015, 08:15 AM
Just my $.02 this was set up as noob friendly. Did you happen to notice the one bike with temp tags? The 250? The Suzuki 500? Did you get your trophy at the top?

I only happened to see you blow past just starting up GG I shook my head and wondered "why am I here?" You seem friendly enough the couple times I've met you Clovis and you may be an excellent rider but, maybe the next time we sort the lineup out as we go (kind of like we did). Or maybe wait for someone to wave you past?

One-ops
Tue Oct 13th, 2015, 08:28 AM
Has anyone been to that Brook forest inn?

Spooph
Tue Oct 13th, 2015, 08:38 AM
Has anyone been to that Brook forest inn?

No, but it looks awesome, doesn't it?

One-ops
Tue Oct 13th, 2015, 09:14 AM
Yeah it did!

One-ops
Tue Oct 13th, 2015, 09:16 AM
Yeah... I think I know the one you're talking about. That was kind of sketchy.
Looked fucking Close!

One-ops
Tue Oct 13th, 2015, 12:34 PM
The reviews I found for it are hit or miss. All of them say breakfast sucks. Guess they serve lunch and dinner and have a bar.