PDA

View Full Version : GSX-R1000 K5 vs Westfield XRT4

The Black Knight
Tue Nov 29th, 2005, 06:43 PM
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2980339455045998925

Pretty good video. It was done on 5th Gear. Not bad comparison though it was a bit one-sided.

It was supposed to be a stock vs stock shootout. The car is a race car and only street legal on paper. It also had dialed in suspension and race tires.

The Suzuki was allowed nothing. The rider couldn't even setup the bike to his own riding style. Which in TECHNICALLY isn't modifying the bike from the factory as no parts have been changed only suspension settings adjusted for the riders preference. So the rider was plagued with wheelie problems. He still managed to rip the course in 49.10 sec.. where the car did it in 48.00 flat.

At least they swallowed their pride on 5th Gear and admitted to stacking the odds in the cars favor and declared that the best stock vs stock winner was the Suzuki..

All Hail King GSX-R1000 K5!!!!

metalnicx
Tue Nov 29th, 2005, 11:23 PM
Damn woman drivers!

Dr. Joe Siphek
Wed Nov 30th, 2005, 09:59 AM
Maybe they should compare it w/ a $9000 race car?

MostroS4
Sat Dec 3rd, 2005, 05:54 AM
I thought it was one of the better "bike vs. car" comparisons.

Unlike some of the other bike vs car comparisons done by car people, I thought it was very fair. They admit or comment through out that the bike is the one to beat. And at the end of it clearly state their show's goal is to compare "production" machines. Giving the nod to the GSXR...

What I really liked is the fact they actually used someone who could ride. I've read or seen comparisons in the past where they put some unknown rider or rider of very limited skills on the bike.

The Black Knight
Sat Dec 3rd, 2005, 07:16 AM
MostroS4

I agree. It was a good comparison, and only mentioned of the one-sidedness because the biker was not allowed to set-up the bike to his preference. Had he been allowed to adjust the suspension I think he wouldn't have had the wheelie problems. That was my only gripe with the comparison. Adjustment of stock suspension is still "Stock".

Yeah I am glad this guy could actually ride. I saw a shootout between a Porsche 911 and a older R1 done on "Top Gear". They are obviously a bias show(cars). The R1 did manage to be right on the Porsches tail throughout the race. Yet it seemed the rider wasn't really giving it his all. Just seemed like he showed up to ride and was asleep the whole time. That comparison sucked honestly..