PDA

View Full Version : Bad Motorcycle Crash

The Black Knight
Tue Nov 29th, 2005, 06:51 PM
http://media.putfile.com/CRAZY-MOTERCYCLE-CRASH

At least the guy was wearing his gear. Stupid driver in car just pulls out in front of this guy. Its kind of hard to tell what happened. The car just slowly pulls in front of the bike. Not sure if the bike was trying to stop either. Probably thought the car would wait...

Either way I hope the biker is o.k. the hell with the driver...

Spiderman
Tue Nov 29th, 2005, 06:58 PM
Car/truck turning left & cutting off a motorcycle they didnt' see - this is probably the most common type of multi-vehicle accident involving a motorcycle. :|

R1chie
Tue Nov 29th, 2005, 07:10 PM
Well, the car was in the lane for over 1 second yet the bike shows no signs of braking. The car was at fault but the bike was going too fast from my perspective and was not paying attention.

It doesn't matter whos fault it is, when you run into a person in a car on a bike, the bike almost always loses (unless the bike is over 80mph and gets buried in the passenger compartment)

If you are assuming no one sees you, then you are going slower. Fortunatly I bet the riders was ok, he was thrown clear of the accident instead of hitting the car with major organs or head.

Mel
Tue Nov 29th, 2005, 07:40 PM
I would say that bike didn't figure the car would go that slow.

I knew a guy (back when I was like 18 and a new rider) who was killed after t-boning a car. Granted, he was going about 90+ (out on wadsworth by waterton canyon) and a woman in a suburban was crossing a divided highway (making a left turn or whatever)...she came to a stop in his lane to yell at her kids in the back and basically didn't realize she was in the lane of traffic. He was killed on impact, and her son (who was in the back where the bike impacted) passed away 5 days later due to his injuries. 2 other bikes were also wrecked in the same accident (they were riding together) but they were mostly unharmed...one of the other 2 bikes was riden by the guys twin brother.

Bob is right, cars turning left in front of bikes is one of the most common accidents you see (well, that, and kids flipping their bikes over backwards on the way home from the dealership). Sad, really really sad.

Spiderman
Tue Nov 29th, 2005, 07:42 PM
... the bike shows no signs of braking. The bike is in the picture for a very short period of time, making it difficult to assertain with the naked eye whether it is slowing or not. To me, it looks as though the front end is compressed as if under braking, but the bike is travelling quickly, so I'm not 100% sure.

I bet the riders was ok, he was thrown clear of the accident instead of hitting the car with major organs or head.I certainly hope you're right, and that there was nothing in his path to cause him more pain. :|

Monkey
Tue Nov 29th, 2005, 07:47 PM
I love how everyone just kept driving by... slowly to look but kept driving none the less.

McVaaahhh
Tue Nov 29th, 2005, 08:28 PM
:shock: That just sucks!

Cat118!
Mon Dec 5th, 2005, 06:06 PM
I hate stupid people on roads.....drivers or riders... they need to be stuffed into a dumpster of sweaty gym socks!! :multi:

TFOGGuys
Mon Dec 5th, 2005, 07:56 PM
When I first started riding, a friend that was "mentoring" me told me that I wasn't just controlling a bike. If I wanted to be safe in traffic, I had to be able to drive(anticipate the movements of) 5 cars at the same time: 1 in front, 1 behind, one on the left, one on the right, and the car in the oncoming lane about to turn in front of me. I always have tried to follow that advice, and it's saved my ass many times in the last 20 years. IMHO, the bike rider had a lapse of attention that contributed to the accident. That being said, the car driver shoudl be flayed with a belt sander, lubricated with salt water.