PDA

View Full Version : KTM RC16 Test Red Bull Ring Spielberg

Ezzzzy1
Fri Oct 30th, 2015, 09:50 PM
I wonder how much $$ they are throwing at this beast...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDOhv0dsE_Y&feature=youtu.be

Ezzzzy1
Sun Nov 1st, 2015, 08:27 AM
Just a little surprised that no one is interested in KTM jumping back into MotoGP in 2017 with a brand new bike. :dunno:

This motor is amazing

http://www.sportrider.com/sportbike-news/ktms-over-counter-250-hp-motogp-bike?src=SOC&dom=fb

blaircsf
Sun Nov 1st, 2015, 09:49 AM
Should be fun to watch, it will be good to see more manufacturers in MotoGP. Interesting to see videos and details of the KTM, impressive bike.

Drano
Sun Nov 1st, 2015, 07:12 PM
The prospect of another competing manufacturer is exciting. My enthusiasm is somewhat tempered by the fact that, based on the results of the current returning companies, there will likely be a few teething issues to deal with before they show favorable results. It will take a couple of seasons to get their machinery up to the same level as Honda and Yamaha. I'll get more excited about it when I can see how well it stacks up against the rest. It will be fun to watch, though. :)

Aaron
Mon Nov 2nd, 2015, 02:07 AM
As long as Rossi doesn't try to kill the riders they hire.

blaircsf
Mon Nov 2nd, 2015, 02:47 PM
We will just have to see how competitive it is, some of the rule changes coming might level the playing field a bit. I don't see a downside to more bikes, even if they aren't fighting for the wins right away. Hopefully Suzuki continues making progress as well, they seem to be steadily improving.

I'm pretty sure if everyone sticks to racing they will be fine...

rybo
Mon Nov 2nd, 2015, 09:06 PM
The really interesting thing here is the proposed price of the machine. What KTM is proposing is a "customer" GP bike similar to what Nicky Hayden is riding from Honda this year. The difference is that the "Customer" Honda is only available to a few highly qualified teams at nearly $2M a copy.

The KTM Moto3 bike is about $75K a copy and is a serious contender against $1M Honda Moto3 bikes.

So, the question is will the KTM customer bike be under $1M a copy? If so then it has the potential to attract a ton of teams.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Wed Nov 11th, 2015, 12:38 PM
Interesting..... But, the law of diminishing returns applies here, as always. When you're scrambling for .01 or .001 sec in lap times, the cost to win increases by orders of magnitude....... ;)

I'd like to see 'em give it a try though!

TFOGGuys
Thu Nov 12th, 2015, 11:22 AM
Watching the video, the geek in me wonders what engine/crank architecture generates that exhaust note from a V4. I'll have to do some snooping...