PDA

View Full Version : Do not order from MotorcycleCloseouts.com

j0ker
Mon Nov 23rd, 2015, 11:01 AM
Buyer beware this holiday when ordering from MotorcycleCloseouts.com. They just screwed me over on an order I placed during the weekend. I realized I had ordered the wrong size and called them first thing when they opened Monday. I was told that even though they haven't shipped or even packed this item, there was nothing they could do. I was then told they didn't even have the size I needed and to close out this order would cost $10.

Seriously MotorcycleCloseouts.com, you want me to pay you $10 for something you didn't even have?! Do yourself a favor and never order from this place. Horrible customer service and horrible customer policies. In this day and age, they are a joke.

DriverDave
Mon Nov 23rd, 2015, 11:56 AM
I've ordered from them multiple times, including just last week, and never had a problem. Sucks that they treated you that way, but I wouldn't tell everyone else not to use them just because of one bad experience.

j0ker
Mon Nov 23rd, 2015, 01:43 PM
I've ordered from them multiple times, including just last week, and never had a problem. Sucks that they treated you that way, but I wouldn't tell everyone else not to use them just because of one bad experience.
I spoke with their Shipping Manager, the "head" of customer support and also the owner was in the background giving them instruction. I would say they pretty much suck balls from my experience. Yea it was only one time, but it could easily have been you.

DriverDave
Mon Nov 23rd, 2015, 02:40 PM
I guess I've been lucky that I haven't had a need for customer support with any of my orders yet.

j0ker
Mon Nov 23rd, 2015, 03:22 PM
I guess I've been lucky that I haven't had a need for customer support with any of my orders yet.
I swear my kids feet grew another size in the time it took me to order that stuff.

sky_blue
Mon Nov 23rd, 2015, 04:42 PM
A quick google confirms they have good deals, but horrible customer service.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Mon Nov 23rd, 2015, 05:46 PM
So, YOU ordered the wrong size, and have an issue with a measly $10 restocking fee? Yeah, it would be nice to have it cancelled or changed for free, but......

longrider
Mon Nov 23rd, 2015, 06:40 PM
So, YOU ordered the wrong size, and have an issue with a measly $10 restocking fee? Yeah, it would be nice to have it cancelled or changed for free, but......

I have to disagree. considering that the order had not been touched yet, it only existed in the system and changing or cancelling it would be just a couple mouse clicks a restocking fee was completely uncalled for. Courteous customer service would be just to change or cancel and say thank you.

The Black Knight
Mon Nov 23rd, 2015, 07:18 PM
Not to be "that guy" but looking at their prices and inventory. They(MotorcycleCloseouts) don't have anything better priced than Revzilla.com and at least Revzilla have great customer service and always stuff in stock. Plus you get revzilla cash when you purchase stuff and it goes into a bank and gets applied at your next purchase. That's how I managed to snag my AGV Sole Luna Corsa for $690(normally $899) on black Friday last year. I just got some new Alpinestars Super Tech R's for around $340 with my revzilla cash I've had saved up. I've purchased my all of my riding gear through them and have always had good experience with them. Always get prompt emails with tracking numbers and know exactly where my shipment is at.

I agree, a $10 restocking fee is a bit much since it wasn't even shipped and never even made it out of the processing phase. Seems a little cheesy and a quick way to make money. I'd understand a restocking fee if you received it and then shipped it back, then that makes sense.

DriverDave
Mon Nov 23rd, 2015, 08:20 PM
FWIW, I also shop at Revzilla...and Competition Accessories...and Bike Bandit...and Motosport...etc. When I find a great price at Motorcycle Closeouts, I always check to see if anyone else has it for a similar price...they rarely do. But I do understand shitty customer service, and it's unfortunate that not everyone is as good as Revzilla.

j0ker
Mon Nov 23rd, 2015, 09:44 PM
The funny thing is I just found it on motorcyclesuperstore and it got shipped today within 2 hours of buying them for $30 bucks less and free shipping.

As for paying a restocking fee, I would normally understand and agree but these guys only had my order in their computer at this point, there was no work that had been done yet. They had not even started to gather my items for packing. The lady who was the Shipping Manager was just a fucking cunt in my opinion. She told me I would have to let them fulfill the order, ship the wrong size to me, I would then have to ship it back and ask for another size and pay a restocking fee. That was when I started asking for other people to talk with.

Ezzzzy1
Mon Nov 23rd, 2015, 11:16 PM
I love Revzilla. Call me biased though :lol:

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/Ezzzzy1/Untitled-2_zpszrdq7cz1.jpg (http://s125.photobucket.com/user/Ezzzzy1/media/Untitled-2_zpszrdq7cz1.jpg.html)

DriverDave
Tue Nov 24th, 2015, 07:34 AM
She told me I would have to let them fulfill the order, ship the wrong size to me, I would then have to ship it back and ask for another size and pay a restocking fee. That was when I started asking for other people to talk with.

Wow. How utterly stupid. I don't blame you for being pissed.

FYI-I got a Scorpion Helix jacket for $99 (now selling for $97) from Motorcycle Closeouts. Revzilla and Motorcycle Superstore are both selling the same jacket for $219, so they do have some pretty awesome deals sometimes.

j0ker
Tue Nov 24th, 2015, 08:54 AM
Wow. How utterly stupid. I don't blame you for being pissed.

FYI-I got a Scorpion Helix jacket for $99 (now selling for $97) from Motorcycle Closeouts. Revzilla and Motorcycle Superstore are both selling the same jacket for $219, so they do have some pretty awesome deals sometimes.

I will be remembering Revzilla!

daemon
Tue Nov 24th, 2015, 09:17 AM
Never had a problem with their service.
Ordered many items from them with no difficulty. Googling someone's customer service had nothing to do with whether or not their service is bad. We all know the internet is full of poor information.
Did you purchase said item from a closeout our final sale section ?
It's hard for me to find stuff at reasonable prices on some of the overpriced sites, so I ship at motorcycle closeouts.
I do the due diligence of being aware of my size by fitting myself at local shops before I order.
Then I ensure I order the right size..

Jmetz
Tue Nov 24th, 2015, 09:20 AM
I will be remembering Revzilla!

Where you can watch, decide and ride.

Kim-n-Dean
Tue Nov 24th, 2015, 10:11 AM
I do the due diligence of being aware of my size by fitting myself at local shops before I order.Now, you're going to have everyone bitching at you for taking advantage of the brick and mortars.

daemon
Tue Nov 24th, 2015, 10:21 AM
Now, you're going to have everyone bitching at you for taking advantage of the brick and mortars.
I do purchase from shops occasionally when the price is right.
The items at motorcycle closeouts are items that have been returned from shops or overstock from manufacturers.
Most likely due to overpricing

Captain Obvious
Tue Nov 24th, 2015, 12:16 PM
I like new but last year's gear at a discount. I don't care if its the latest n greatest. I always check newenough.com first. Since renamed http://www.motorcyclegear.com They have always treated me right.

DriverDave
Tue Nov 24th, 2015, 05:04 PM
Where you can watch, decide and ride.

"HEY! This is Anthony at Revzilla...." That was funny, but they really are some of the best little product review videos out there. And they have one for almost anything you're looking to buy.

mcarthd26
Wed Nov 25th, 2015, 08:33 AM
It's really simple, if you want to buy online... Go there to try it on. I hear that Revzilla has great fitting rooms and lots of paid employees to help you find the right product and size. Thankfully more and more companies are using MAP policies and Revzilla, motorcyclesuperstore, etc will have to radically change their businesses.

j0ker
Wed Nov 25th, 2015, 08:55 AM
It's really simple, if you want to buy online... Go there to try it on. I hear that Revzilla has great fitting rooms and lots of paid employees to help you find the right product and size. Thankfully more and more companies are using MAP policies and Revzilla, motorcyclesuperstore, etc will have to radically change their businesses.

I am not sure exactly what a MAP policy is, but it sounds like you dislike online shopping? Do you own your own store or something? Usually I love shopping online because it is pretty easy and stress free.

Jmetz
Wed Nov 25th, 2015, 11:30 AM
"HEY! This is Anthony at Revzilla...." That was funny, but they really are some of the best little product review videos out there. And they have one for almost anything you're looking to buy.

No doubt! I've definitely used his videos to help make decisions.

Ezzzzy1
Wed Nov 25th, 2015, 01:35 PM

Revzilla is killing it because of exactly what you are jesting at. Between their fitment videos and customer service/free returns they usually get it right pretty quickly. That and they pushed harder than we did at Mo-Door for MAP pricing which is pretty stand up of them.

If anyone is thinking that online sales are killing the little guys then you should probably go take a look at the MASSIVE new building that Performance is building off Dry Creek and I25. Their model seems to work well.

mdub
Sat Nov 28th, 2015, 05:58 AM
That new Performance store is going to be a whole lot convenient for me. I will be one of the first to get in for sure to soak up the new digs.

As for 10 dollar screw job you could have contested it with your credit card company

j0ker
Sat Nov 28th, 2015, 10:03 AM
That new Performance store is going to be a whole lot convenient for me. I will be one of the first to get in for sure to soak up the new digs.

As for 10 dollar screw job you could have contested it with your credit card company

I did tell them I would contest it if I was charged. Still waiting to see about that part.