PDA

View Full Version : need a referral on Yamaha tech

gsxridiot
Fri Nov 27th, 2015, 06:56 AM
well after owning 4 trouble free GSX-Rs, i thouht i would wise up (???) and buy a new Yamaha R1

Great, transmission recall- needs to go to the dealer and have the cases split (i have many words for this but, i will spare you)
fact is; its the reality and i have to deal with it

i am looking for the better of the local dealers and your personal opinions of their service departments

any Yamaha techs active on this site?

thanks

Mother Goose
Fri Nov 27th, 2015, 07:16 PM
Wait until the VIN list comes out next week. I'll bet the list is short and chances are that yours isn't included. I work over at G-Force Powersports in Lakewood, I'd trust our guys in the service department with anything.

gsxridiot
Sat Nov 28th, 2015, 06:46 AM
well hey John,
i bought it from you and i friggin love it more than when i bought it
the thought of cracking the cases at 3500 miles really bums me out
i will take note of your opinion of the service dept, thanks

Gramps
Sat Nov 28th, 2015, 07:57 AM
Good looking bike!

madvlad
Sat Nov 28th, 2015, 09:25 AM
Hmmmm sexy

Ezzzzy1
Sat Nov 28th, 2015, 09:27 AM
I too am interested in who everyone thinks has the best Yamaha techs.

With this being a recall im not sure you could specifically request him but Bruce at Vickery has to be one of the oldest tech around.

Mother Goose
Sat Nov 28th, 2015, 10:36 AM
She's looking good Eric! Glad she's working out for you. That Graves is a sweet system, I think we should get it on our red one instead of the 2 Bros. The VIN list should be out next week some time. Today is actually my last day here, but I'll have my sales manager let me know when the list is out and we can run yours.