PDA

View Full Version : Sooooooo.......I'm kind of like back I guess?

Grim2.0
Sat Jan 23rd, 2016, 05:34 PM
I'll just leave this here.......

http://i782.photobucket.com/albums/yy103/irishnavyman03/image_zpswurhlwmj.jpeg (http://s782.photobucket.com/user/irishnavyman03/media/image_zpswurhlwmj.jpeg.html)

http://i782.photobucket.com/albums/yy103/irishnavyman03/image_zpsq4ru7iuk.jpeg (http://s782.photobucket.com/user/irishnavyman03/media/image_zpsq4ru7iuk.jpeg.html)

http://i782.photobucket.com/albums/yy103/irishnavyman03/image_zpsbnjqsfyr.jpeg (http://s782.photobucket.com/user/irishnavyman03/media/image_zpsbnjqsfyr.jpeg.html)

#1Townie
Sat Jan 23rd, 2016, 06:04 PM
awwwww SHIIIIIIT!

Grim2.0
Sat Jan 23rd, 2016, 07:25 PM
Damn straight son

The Black Knight
Sat Jan 23rd, 2016, 10:17 PM
http://i1253.photobucket.com/albums/hh581/DNA_SWIRL_777/Stuff/Kim_Christiansen2_zpsb768787c.jpg

Grim2.0
Sat Jan 23rd, 2016, 10:31 PM
That's not what she looks like.........dick :lol:

madvlad
Sat Jan 23rd, 2016, 11:59 PM
Roflmao! Good ol' news girl can't stay away. Congrats man, how you like that thing?

#1Townie
Sun Jan 24th, 2016, 03:29 AM
http://i1253.photobucket.com/albums/hh581/DNA_SWIRL_777/Stuff/Kim_Christiansen2_zpsb768787c.jpg

dear lord baby Jesus that woman is fine!

Grim2.0
Sun Jan 24th, 2016, 08:19 AM
Roflmao! Good ol' news girl can't stay away. Congrats man, how you like that thing?

The best way to put it is, it's perfect for me I can throw it around, it's comfortable, and it's unique in style.

Zach929rr
Sun Jan 24th, 2016, 09:18 AM
Alright I obviously missed 2 years of drama. What happened to this place? Its like a couple of special ed kids beating a drum in a dark room. You guys scare everybody away?

Grim2.0
Sun Jan 24th, 2016, 09:42 AM
Alright I obviously missed 2 years of drama. What happened to this place? Its like a couple of special ed kids beating a drum in a dark room. You guys scare everybody away?

You and me both, I've been vacant with a drop in every now and then for the last 2 years. I'll host some rides again though every now and then, cause you know it's all about the motorcycles right?

TFOGGuys
Sun Jan 24th, 2016, 10:24 AM
Welcome back, both of youse!

mdub
Sun Jan 24th, 2016, 12:53 PM
That's not what she looks like.........dick :lol:

Yea I saw her in line at hollister when my kids needed me to pay for their purchases. She was their for same thing. Her husband looks to be 10 years plus older than her. The picture is like 15 years old assuming to what I saw at hollister.

Ezzzzy1
Sun Jan 24th, 2016, 05:56 PM
I motion for name change to Grim 3.0

Grim2.0
Sun Jan 24th, 2016, 07:51 PM
I motion for name change to Grim 3.0

I missed you snugglepuff.

Aaron
Mon Jan 25th, 2016, 07:13 AM
Grimmy. What kind of bike is that?

mdub
Mon Jan 25th, 2016, 09:40 AM
It looks to be hybrid of a hwy scooter an sv of sorts

Grim2.0
Mon Jan 25th, 2016, 09:45 AM
It looks to be hybrid of a hwy scooter an sv of sorts

Grimmy. What kind of bike is that?

You aren't too far off Wub Dubster, its a Honda CTX 700CC its a hybrid between a sport bike and cruiser, sits up like a sport bike and can be thrown around like one but the seating position is cruiser style with forward controls. Also has single disc brakes in the front. The back end reminds me of a scooter a little though.

longrider
Mon Jan 25th, 2016, 09:47 AM
Congrats on the new bike and I am glad to see you on a bike again. No rider can truly quit riding

Grim2.0
Mon Jan 25th, 2016, 10:21 AM
Congrats on the new bike and I am glad to see you on a bike again. No rider can truly quit riding

Thanks, i got it from Fay Meyers, Wes is a pretty good guy, i didn't have to haggle him too hard.

Aaron
Mon Jan 25th, 2016, 11:11 AM
Interesting bike. Please tell me you did not get the DCT trans!

Did you get DTC/ABS?

I did a bit of reading on it. Fairly inexpensive, and holy crap the fuel economy shocked me. Cycleworld got 62mpg thrashing it.

mdub
Mon Jan 25th, 2016, 11:38 AM

Agree.

for sure grimster...good your back on two wheels...

Grim2.0
Mon Jan 25th, 2016, 12:07 PM
Interesting bike. Please tell me you did not get the DCT trans!

Did you get DTC/ABS?

I did a bit of reading on it. Fairly inexpensive, and holy crap the fuel economy shocked me. Cycleworld got 62mpg thrashing it.

Do i look like a fucking paraplegic rider to you? No i did not get the Automatic with ABS bitch, shame on you for asking.

Agree.

for sure grimster...good your back on two wheels...

Thanks buddy!

bulldog
Mon Jan 25th, 2016, 02:15 PM
Ok, so I have to ask because it is something I have been going through. If I remember correctly you stopped street riding because you had a close call and you felt no matter how good a rider you were that riding was still a risk and not something you wanted to risk for your daughter and wife. I gave up street riding a while back for the same reason, had a close call and really made me think if the sport I loved was worth the risk I took everytime I got on that bike after all I have seen over the years. For me, after many years (15+ on sportbike street riding) I had to admit that I felt the risk was not worth it anymore because there are a lot of people that care about me and I’d hate to see them go through what I have seen so many sportbike rider's families go through. So I’ve also thought about getting a different bike not as aggressive as a sportbike, but it always leads me back to the same point of where I never gave up street riding because of my skills, but because of the thousands of cars out the that do not pay attention that I risk.

So what changed?

I may get flamed, but it has been something I went through so it always makes me wonder when someone decided to come back to the street riding.

P.S. Grimm I hope it doesn’t offend you and if so you don’t have to answer and can request I take the post down. Honestly it is curiosity since I think you and I went through this around the same time a couple years back.

Grim2.0
Mon Jan 25th, 2016, 03:06 PM
Ok, so I have to ask because it is something I have been going through. If I remember correctly you stopped street riding because you had a close call and you felt no matter how good a rider you were that riding was still a risk and not something you wanted to risk for your daughter and wife. I gave up street riding a while back for the same reason, had a close call and really made me think if the sport I loved was worth the risk I took everytime I got on that bike after all I have seen over the years. For me, after many years (15+ on sportbike street riding) I had to admit that I felt the risk was not worth it anymore because there are a lot of people that care about me and I’d hate to see them go through what I have seen so many sportbike rider's families go through. So I’ve also thought about getting a different bike not as aggressive as a sportbike, but it always leads me back to the same point of where I never gave up street riding because of my skills, but because of the thousands of cars out the that do not pay attention that I risk.

So what changed?

I may get flamed, but it has been something I went through so it always makes me wonder when someone decided to come back to the street riding.

P.S. Grimm I hope it doesn’t offend you and if so you don’t have to answer and can request I take the post down. Honestly it is curiosity since I think you and I went through this around the same time a couple years back.

You ask too many questions and i am offended that you would think i would be offended by your non offensive questions.

Its a matter of what makes you happy man, the decision was made with the intent to stay away but when you fall in love with something the heart wants what it wants. 2 years was enough time for me to realize that sure the things you do that make you happy can end your life, but in the end that's really all that matters, die doing what you love right otherwise whats the point? I love being able to ride, we got to a financially responsible position to pickup a bike and decided its what would make me happy. Riding is the only other hobby other than going to the gym i have and now that the kid is older and taller she can ride with me. Besides when you sit down and think about it something tragic can happen when you get in your car and go to the grocery store. These past 2 years have allowed me to decide what kind of rider i want to be if i were to get another bike and this is what lead to us picking up the CTX, comfort, enough speed and power, and still be fun in the twisties. I will say this now knowing it wont bare true but i don't THINK i will be riding as much as when i did with the other bikes but we will see....

bulldog
Mon Jan 25th, 2016, 03:31 PM
You ask too many questions and i am offended that you would think i would be offended by your non offensive questions.

Its a matter of what makes you happy man, the decision was made with the intent to stay away but when you fall in love with something the heart wants what it wants. 2 years was enough time for me to realize that sure the things you do that make you happy can end your life, but in the end that's really all that matters, die doing what you love right otherwise whats the point? I love being able to ride, we got to a financially responsible position to pickup a bike and decided its what would make me happy. Riding is the only other hobby other than going to the gym i have and now that the kid is older and taller she can ride with me. Besides when you sit down and think about it something tragic can happen when you get in your car and go to the grocery store. These past 2 years have allowed me to decide what kind of rider i want to be if i were to get another bike and this is what lead to us picking up the CTX, comfort, enough speed and power, and still be fun in the twisties. I will say this now knowing it wont bare true but i don't THINK i will be riding as much as when i did with the other bikes but we will see....
Fair enough…thanks for the reply homey :up:

You have been one from CSC for a while, so you have not seen how sensitive people are and how easily they get offended so that is why I said that……to the point where I barely post now because who knows what I say can be taken wrong.

I guess all I can think is I am getting old. :dunno: I used to just ride and never thought of the consequences, but numerous funerals and trips to hospital made me see how fragile we are on a bike and just messed me up to the point where the “love” just got taken over by the fear of becoming a paraplegic / quadriplegic or making my family go through the pain of my death. I got hit in my car when a lady was texting and ran a stop light and I know for sure I’d of not survived that or would have been in bad shape if I were on a bike and just questioned if it was worth it anymore….. I still think of getting something else, but these damn stupid drivers just get me nervous on the street now.

I am still leaning to the option of track only so hopefully one day I’ll get back on to rip some corners….need a truck to tow it first though (saving up for that).

P.S. Yup, I am still lifting 5 days a week, so glad to hear you are still at it too.

Glad you are back though; missed you :)

Grim2.0
Mon Jan 25th, 2016, 03:41 PM
Fair enough…thanks for the reply homey :up:

You have been one from CSC for a while, so you have not seen how sensitive people are and how easily they get offended so that is why I said that……to the point where I barely post now because who knows what I say can be taken wrong.

I guess all I can think is I am getting old. :dunno: I used to just ride and never thought of the consequences, but numerous funerals and trips to hospital made me see how fragile we are on a bike and just messed me up to the point where the “love” just got taken over by the fear of becoming a paraplegic / quadriplegic or making my family go through the pain of my death. I got hit in my car when a lady was texting and ran a stop light and I know for sure I’d of not survived that or would have been in bad shape if I were on a bike and just questioned if it was worth it anymore….. I still think of getting something else, but these damn stupid drivers just get me nervous on the street now.

I am still leaning to the option of track only so hopefully one day I’ll get back on to rip some corners….need a truck to tow it first though (saving up for that).

P.S. Yup, I am still lifting 5 days a week, so glad to hear you are still at it too.

Glad you are back though; missed you :)

I thought of doing track deal which i could cause i have a truck, but the money and time away when instead it could be with the kid on the bike pushed me to stay street. I glanced at a few things and saw Bueller even had a post deleted....Bueller??? I mean i know hes a knowledgeable asshole but its bueller for christ sake! Oh well, I'm not here for the drama (even though ezzzzzzyyyyyyyyyy is going to want to ride me like a p0ny because i know he is still madly in love with me) I'm here to inform I'm back in the game and setup some rides like i used to where we all had a good time.

Yes i still lift 6 days a week, i slacked pretty hard in the fall but im making up for it.

Stuart Little
Mon Jan 25th, 2016, 04:09 PM
You and me both, I've been vacant with a drop in every now and then for the last 2 years. I'll host some rides again though every now and then, cause you know it's all about the motorcycles right?

Me three, I'm trying to be more active and do more rides this year!

Grim2.0
Mon Jan 25th, 2016, 04:23 PM
Me three, I'm trying to be more active and do more rides this year!

We need to do a "i bought your couch and didn't initially know who you were when i did" ride.

#1Townie
Mon Jan 25th, 2016, 05:27 PM
dude I'm HELLA offened at this threads derailments into feelings.

bulldog
Tue Jan 26th, 2016, 07:30 AM
I thought of doing track deal which i could cause i have a truck, but the money and time away when instead it could be with the kid on the bike pushed me to stay street. I glanced at a few things and saw Bueller even had a post deleted....Bueller??? I mean i know hes a knowledgeable asshole but its bueller for christ sake! Oh well, I'm not here for the drama (even though ezzzzzzyyyyyyyyyy is going to want to ride me like a p0ny because i know he is still madly in love with me) I'm here to inform I'm back in the game and setup some rides like i used to where we all had a good time.

Yes i still lift 6 days a week, i slacked pretty hard in the fall but im making up for it. This did get me to thinking about how much being a good rider is about confidence. I lost some of mine after some horrible wrecks I witnessed and noticed after that point I was just never the same and my riding skills went down. I think that split second you hesitate can be that one moment where you mess up and kept finding myself thinking dumb things like “if I crash right now I’s probably die”. Yet for years I never thought that and just had the confidence to do what I knew and to trust the bike. I started to ride slower and more cautiously until the day I got hit in my car and realized no matter what I would have done I would have got hit (no defensive skills when you have no time to react).

Anyways just thought it would be a good thing to talk about since discussions are pretty low nowadays. Has anyone else been through this? I think it is a part of getting old and wiser (seeing the consequences of actions) so how have some people dealt with it. Does having kids and a wife make it harder (I know when it was just me I didn’t care so much)?

Aaron
Tue Jan 26th, 2016, 11:16 AM
Glad you got the manual trans Grimmy. I've said it before, I'm a huge fan of ABS on bikes, but the DTC is probably useless on that bike. So you're essentially paying $1000 more, which is huge when it's a $7000 bike to begin with, for just ABS. Honestly I probably would've skipped over it too.

I see a lot of bike crashes, but that part doesn't really affect me. Call it illogical, but not a single one involves a geared up rider. Every single crash I've been on lacks any protective gear. They are also rarely the motorcyclists fault. Like I said, even seeing all of these I still ride (And there's a lot of guys on my department who do).

However, I will not ride in that city, and I try to keep my city riding to a minimum anywhere. The mountain roads and highways are just exponentially safer for us.

bulldog
Tue Jan 26th, 2016, 11:45 AM
I see a lot of bike crashes, but that part doesn't really affect me. Call it illogical, but not a single one involves a geared up rider. Every single crash I've been on lacks any protective gear. They are also rarely the motorcyclists fault. Like I said, even seeing all of these I still ride (And there's a lot of guys on my department who do).

However, I will not ride in that city, and I try to keep my city riding to a minimum anywhere. The mountain roads and highways are just exponentially safer for us.

WTF…really man? Yeah, that is so illogical because if you think a helmet is going to win against a 60mph car, then you are sadly mistaken man…plus you say “crash” when hopefully you at least meant “died” because at least there gear has an impact.

Anyways I’ve been through many crashes with full geared riders. Purplefeet (Jessica) and Gene Bazyl were both in full gear when they crashed and died; so was the guy a few years ago with the pregnant gf on back. Jessica was in the “mountain roads” when a cow ended up in road. Don’t fool yourself man that gear is going to protect you from death or a crash!

I am not sure how old you are Aaron, but I feel in about 10 years you may see things differently because when I was younger I thought gear and defensive riding would always save me….it does not!

So helmets help most in impacts at the speeds they were designed for, and continue to help but not as much in impacts that are at different speeds. In practice, motorcycle helmet manufacturers choose the impact speed they will design for based on the speed used in standard helmet tests. Most standard helmet tests use speeds between 4 and 7 m/s (8.9 and 15.7 mph; 14 and 25 km/h).

FZRguy
Tue Jan 26th, 2016, 12:51 PM
It's your brain that keeps you safe. Riding within your skills, the conditions, and choosing smart routes. Good decisions on when you ride, where you ride and who you ride with. I've seen riders with excellent skills make poor decisions that lead to trouble.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Tue Jan 26th, 2016, 04:42 PM
I agree 100% I've found city traffic just insane, and I'll only ride thru one to get to where I'm going. I do not commute on the bike unless I absolutely HAVE to, and I always have at least my mesh jacket and pants on, gloves, and helmet, and usually back protector.

~Barn~
Tue Jan 26th, 2016, 06:41 PM

:spit:

Well played sir. Very well played.

Grim2.0
Wed Jan 27th, 2016, 07:26 PM
:spit:

Well played sir. Very well played.

dont encourage him!

Okrapp
Wed Jan 27th, 2016, 08:06 PM
Nice bike Grim! Happy for anyone able and willing to enjoy two wheels :)

On the danger of traffic, yeah it sucks and every time I see a picture/video or hear stories of us getting hurt or killed it gets in your head. No matter whether it be canyon, urban, or the track it gives (poo-ton and a half sometimes) pause to thoughts of heading out again if even just the commute to work this morning. Life sucks and can still take you down in a Volvo cage with ∞ airbags and crumple zones.

FZRguy-truths: "it's your brain" A fella I perceive as wise on the subject keeps calling that the on-board-engineer. It matters.

No. We are not invincible with gear. That said, maybe it doesn't matter if you're head butting (or some other variance of impact with) an SUV or tree/cliff at Xmph but, the well designed helmet, other CE impact areas, and abrasion resistance of gear shouldn't be dismissed. There are instances of these things saving riders when certain conditions would have otherwise killed them via variety of traumas. The gear is just a mitigation of risk that should make sense.

Grim2.0
Wed Jan 27th, 2016, 10:28 PM
Biggest thing I learned when I got startled, when you ride scared you endanger yourself more than others. Anticipating or being overly cautious can hurt you, overthinking a turn and panicking will put you in a bad situation you could have avoided. I was at that point and it made riding less enjoyable, I've come to learn you cant ride in fear, best if you are in the city to read the drivers as much as you can, acceptance is key, what we do is dangerous no way around it, but there's lots of things we do we enjoy that are dangerous, what's one more?

Spooph
Thu Jan 28th, 2016, 08:12 AM
Biggest thing I learned when I got startled, when you ride scared you endanger yourself more than others. Anticipating or being overly cautious can hurt you, overthinking a turn and panicking will put you in a bad situation you could have avoided. I was at that point and it made riding less enjoyable, I've come to learn you cant ride in fear, best if you are in the city to read the drivers as much as you can, acceptance is key, what we do is dangerous no way around it, but there's lots of things we do we enjoy that are dangerous, what's one more?

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/bravo.gif

bulldog
Thu Jan 28th, 2016, 08:40 AM
No. We are not invincible with gear. That said, maybe it doesn't matter if you're head butting (or some other variance of impact with) an SUV or tree/cliff at Xmph but, the well designed helmet, other CE impact areas, and abrasion resistance of gear shouldn't be dismissed. There are instances of these things saving riders when certain conditions would have otherwise killed them via variety of traumas. The gear is just a mitigation of risk that should make sense. Yeah that was all I meant; gear is not always going to save you and people need to know it is just a defense, but it can only do so much…..I agree though and for sure helps a lot. I wrecked on the track and cracked open a helmet and got a bad concussion from that but I am very sure that helmet saved my life. Aaron was just stating that ALL the accidents he has seen has involved people with no gear and I think that could lead newbies to think that if they are geared up then they will always survive a crash (or be less prone to get into one)….unfortunately I have seen it not do that and made me see gear only goes so far

Biggest thing I learned when I got startled, when you ride scared you endanger yourself more than others. Anticipating or being overly cautious can hurt you, overthinking a turn and panicking will put you in a bad situation you could have avoided. I was at that point and it made riding less enjoyable, I've come to learn you cant ride in fear, best if you are in the city to read the drivers as much as you can, acceptance is key, what we do is dangerous no way around it, but there's lots of things we do we enjoy that are dangerous, what's one more? Yeah man, that is kind of where I got; spending more time scared and was taking my focus away and I knew it was going to cause me to wreck one day because of it. Maybe after a break I’ll get back on like Grimm, but on something more the style he got….a VFR sounds nice.

Well I have to say that sportbike riding is probably the BIGGEST risk 90% of us do on a daily bases; unless maybe we got some professional bull fighters on the site :lol: The stats for surviving a motorcycle vs a car are no comparison; one you have a giant steel cage with airbags, the other you got nothing but maybe some plastic and leather. So I see what you are saying, but I still feel there is not much bigger risks we can take daily…..at least for a normal guy like me who works in a office.

Here is a good stat on that:
Motorcycles are less stable and less visible than cars and often have high performance capabilities. When motorcycles crash, their riders lack the protection of an enclosed vehicle, so they're more likely to be injured or killed. The federal government estimates that per mile traveled in 2013, the number of deaths on motorcycles was over 26 times the number in cars. 1 (http://www.iihs.org/iihs/topics/t/motorcycles/fatalityfacts/motorcycles#cite-text-0-0) http://www.iihs.org/iihs/topics/t/motorcycles/fatalityfacts/motorcycles

More info here:
http://www.iii.org/issue-update/motorcycle-crashes

bulldog
Thu Jan 28th, 2016, 09:00 AM
From that link that suprised me: AGE!!!!

By Age: Older motorcyclists account for more than half of all motorcyclist fatalities. NHTSA data show that in 2013, 55 percent of motorcyclists killed in crashes were age 40 or over, compared with 46 percent in 2004. The number of motorcyclists age 40 and over killed in crashes increased by 39 percent from 2004 to 2013. In contrast, fatalities among all motorcyclists rose 16 percent. NHTSA says that the average age of motorcycle riders killed in crashes was 42 in 2013, compared with 38 in 2004.
Older riders appear to sustain more serious injuries than younger riders. Researchers from Brown University cited declines in vision and reaction time, along with the larger-sized bikes that older riders favor, which tend to roll over more often, and the increased fragility among older people as the causes. The study used data on riders age 20 and over who needed emergency medical care following motorcycle crashes from 2001 to 2008. The riders were put in three groups by age: 20 to 39, 40 to 59, and 60 and over. The data showed that while injury rates were rising for all age groups, the steepest rise occurred in the 60 and over group, who were two and a half times more likely to have serious injuries than the youngest group. They were three times more likely to be admitted to the hospital. The middle and older groups were also more likely to sustain fractures, dislocations and other injuries, such as brain damage, than the youngest group. The authors published findings in the journal Injury Prevention in February 2013. The study is entitled Injury patterns and severity among motorcyclists treated in US emergency departments, 2001–2008: a comparison of younger and older riders.

FZRguy
Thu Jan 28th, 2016, 11:30 AM
Lots of those older riders are those coming back into the sport after 20 plus years layoff, and those with zero moto exp. They tend to buy big cruisers and have poor riding skills, and don't always seek training cuz they had a trail 70 as a kid.

bulldog
Thu Jan 28th, 2016, 11:52 AM
Lots of those older riders are those coming back into the sport after 20 plus years layoff, and those with zero moto exp. They tend to buy big cruisers and have poor riding skills, and don't always seek training cuz they had a trail 70 as a kid.
Well I still feel a rider can have all the skills and training ever and sh*t happens and none of that matters. Sure it may prevent a wreck, but it won't in all cases; like a driver running a red light. So basically these stats show that there is a 26x more chance of death on a motorcycle than a car, so when people say it is "just another risk" it shows not all risks are equal. :?

CYCLE_MONKEY
Thu Jan 28th, 2016, 12:38 PM
100% this. What the stats DON'T tell you is that the guys are mostly Hardley guys, riding drunk, with zero riding skills and zero gear.

Here's the basics of gear: Having learned from experience (have the scars to prove it), gear CANNOT protect you....if you're not wearing it. You know, like the helmet mounted on the turnsignal.....or the jacket (or in my case, gloves) you left at home on the hanger. Gear cannot 100% prevent injury all the time, but sometimes it can. And if it can't, it will always lessen it. I'll take those odds any day.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Thu Jan 28th, 2016, 12:46 PM
Well I still feel a rider can have all the skills and training ever and sh*t happens and none of that matters. Sure it may prevent a wreck, but it won't in all cases; like a driver running a red light. So basically these stats show that there is a 26x more chance of death on a motorcycle than a car, so when people say it is "just another risk" it shows not all risks are equal. :?
Some crashes are avoidable, or able to be mitigated by skill and luck. Some, sadly, are completely unavoidable for the rider. All we can do is first put ourselves in a position NOT to get into one (avoid certain areas, lanes, time of day, etc.), mitigate the ones we can (swerve, brake, choose to crash in the dirt to avoid a car, etc.), and hope and pray for the best.

On that note, good luck out there guys!

Ted
Sun Jan 31st, 2016, 01:54 PM
Wecome back Grim..2.0..... now when do the homemade cookies return ?

FZRguy
Sun Jan 31st, 2016, 04:01 PM
Jenny is in charge of cookies, grilled cheese and iceberg lettuce. Maybe she'll come back too.

madvlad
Sun Jan 31st, 2016, 07:51 PM

:lol: yes! Miss those 5 am, fresh cookie rides

Hibs
Sun Jan 31st, 2016, 08:54 PM
To OP.... I don't know you, didn't know you were gone in the first place.... but welcome back! I must admit, I think your new bike is kinda ugly. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against "cruisers" or standard bikes. I just think that one is like, too futuristic looking if that makes sense. To many sharp edges/lines, looks blocky to me. Kind of like one of those hopped up scooters that I see some 45 year old fat woman riding 50mph down a highway in Florida. But hey, if you're happy with it that's all that matters. Be safe on the cold roads out there!

Aaron
Sun Jan 31st, 2016, 09:43 PM
You won't have to see it luckily. Unless you catch a glimpse of the tail lights when he laps you on it.

Hibs
Sun Jan 31st, 2016, 10:04 PM
You won't have to see it luckily. Unless you catch a glimpse of the tail lights when he laps you on it.

Laps me where, exactly?

Grim2.0
Mon Feb 1st, 2016, 02:19 PM

Next warm weekend...(warm enough for me isnt always warm enough for everyone else) damn right there will be cookies.

Jenny is in charge of cookies, grilled cheese and iceberg lettuce. Maybe she'll come back too.

I don't know who Jenny is but i hosted cookies and twisty rides all the time, that's my title dammit!

:lol: yes! Miss those 5 am, fresh cookie rides

Time to make some early morning deer creek videos again!

To OP.... I don't know you, didn't know you were gone in the first place.... but welcome back! I must admit, I think your new bike is kinda ugly. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against "cruisers" or standard bikes. I just think that one is like, too futuristic looking if that makes sense. To many sharp edges/lines, looks blocky to me. Kind of like one of those hopped up scooters that I see some 45 year old fat woman riding 50mph down a highway in Florida. But hey, if you're happy with it that's all that matters. Be safe on the cold roads out there!

:lol: different strokes for different folks, no hair of my nut sack is singed so its all good. This thing could be hot pink for all i care i just want to be comfortable and still have fun and that's what this provides.

Hibs
Mon Feb 1st, 2016, 04:21 PM
Looks like a comfy commuter. What kind of MPG's it supposed to pull down? And what's the top speed?

#1Townie
Mon Feb 1st, 2016, 04:23 PM

annnnnd we have found the new townie. enjoy the days ahead.

Grim2.0
Mon Feb 1st, 2016, 04:55 PM
Looks like a comfy commuter. What kind of MPG's it supposed to pull down? And what's the top speed?

Wont be my commuter i have a company truck for that, it will be for long ass weekend rides, 65MPG per Honda but honestly i haven't even burned a half a tank yet and i have no idea what the top speed is other than what google is going to tell you.

Sean
Sun Feb 7th, 2016, 10:51 AM
Nice bike, Sean!

Spooph
Wed Feb 10th, 2016, 09:38 AM
annnnnd we have found the new townie. enjoy the days ahead.

I'm getting that vibe as well.

Aaron
Wed Feb 10th, 2016, 03:13 PM
Laps me where, exactly?

How does this not surprise me? Well, it won't be while you're cruising Academy Blvd.

Hibs
Wed Feb 10th, 2016, 04:35 PM
How does this not surprise me? Well, it won't be while you're cruising Academy Blvd.

Well, I'll show up at any track of your choosing (in Colorado) if you're willing to put money where your mouth is.

The Black Knight
Wed Feb 10th, 2016, 04:43 PM

Well, I'll show up at any track of your choosing (in Colorado) if you're willing to put money where your mouth is.

Fight!! Fight!! Fight!!

:vader:

Bueller
Wed Feb 10th, 2016, 05:08 PM
Who are you calling out? Aaron or Grim? Straight or curvy track?

Hibs
Wed Feb 10th, 2016, 05:19 PM
Who are you calling out? Aaron or Grim? Straight or curvy track?

Im calling out Aaron, who seems to think Grim would lap me on his commuter Honda, I assume on a roadcourse....

Aaron doesn't know me. He's never met me. Never seen me ride. Never seen my bike.

Now I see how he may think I just have a Biker Boyz slammed and stretched friday night special. Well, that is far from the truth. While my posts here are mainly regarding drag racing and top speed stuff, there is a reason for that. I do enjoy twisties contrary to popular belief. But I enjoy them by myself, or with a close trusted friend. You don't see me asking about group rides on here, because I don't like group rides. Too many times I've been on a group ride and some 19 year old balls up his R6 and ends up in the hospital, or some Rossi wanna be trys to fight for pole position on his GSXR1K through the corners and gets to sketchy for my comfort on the street. So I keep to myself when it comes to canyon rides. Don't mistake my lack of posts regarding twisties as a lack of ability.

My ZX12R in its street trim, which is 95% of the time...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v107/HibsLX/Bike%20Pics/20140713_195242_zpsxelzs3hl.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/HibsLX/media/Bike%20Pics/20140713_195242_zpsxelzs3hl.jpg.html)

Upgraded ZX14 forks, ZX14 brakes, ZX10 shock (better valved for my weight), ZX14 swingarm, ZX10 rims (lighter rotating mass), suspension sag set for me and forks adjusted to my liking. But ya.... some guy on a honda cruiser is gonna lap me at a road course, ROFL....

#1Townie
Wed Feb 10th, 2016, 05:49 PM
Im calling out Aaron, who seems to think Grim would lap me on his commuter Honda, I assume on a roadcourse....

Aaron doesn't know me. He's never met me. Never seen me ride. Never seen my bike.

Now I see how he may think I just have a Biker Boyz slammed and stretched friday night special. Well, that is far from the truth. While my posts here are mainly regarding drag racing and top speed stuff, there is a reason for that. I do enjoy twisties contrary to popular belief. But I enjoy them by myself, or with a close trusted friend. You don't see me asking about group rides on here, because I don't like group rides. Too many times I've been on a group ride and some 19 year old balls up his R6 and ends up in the hospital, or some Rossi wanna be trys to fight for pole position on his GSXR1K through the corners and gets to sketchy for my comfort on the street. So I keep to myself when it comes to canyon rides. Don't mistake my lack of posts regarding twisties as a lack of ability.

My ZX12R in its street trim, which is 95% of the time...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v107/HibsLX/Bike%20Pics/20140713_195242_zpsxelzs3hl.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/HibsLX/media/Bike%20Pics/20140713_195242_zpsxelzs3hl.jpg.html)

Upgraded ZX14 forks, ZX14 brakes, ZX10 shock (better valved for my weight), ZX14 swingarm, ZX10 rims (lighter rotating mass), suspension sag set for me and forks adjusted to my liking. But ya.... some guy on a honda cruiser is gonna lap me at a road course, ROFL....

lol you are a special kind of something. thats for sure.

I hope aaron or any of the track guys take you up on that bet. enjoy getting lapped.

Hibs
Wed Feb 10th, 2016, 06:01 PM
lol you are a special kind of something. thats for sure.

I hope aaron or any of the track guys take you up on that bet. enjoy getting lapped.

And maybe you're a special kind of something, seems like you can't read. You act like I'm wanting to bet on racing Aaron on his BMW S1k at a road course. That's not the case. Aaron stated Grim's Honda cruiser, posted in thread #1, would lap me. I'm willing to put up cash saying that is not true. So this really has nothing to do with any other track guy. It's between me, Aaron, (and Grim if he's willing to race with Aarons money behind him).

Hibs
Wed Feb 10th, 2016, 06:17 PM
I'm having a hard time deciding what would happen first... Grim's peg brackets grind into the ground and he high sides.... his single brake caliper/rotor fades and he goes off into a sand pit... or Aaron is so embarrassed he leaves the track before I can pit....

#1Townie
Wed Feb 10th, 2016, 06:39 PM
I'm having a hard time deciding what would happen first... Grim's peg brackets grind into the ground and he high sides.... his single brake caliper/rotor fades and he goes off into a sand pit... or Aaron is so embarrassed he leaves the track before I can pit....

dude why are you bashing someone else's bike? you're a fucking prick you know that?

you jumped in here like some white knight trashing grims new bike. I'm happy for the guy. he went and got something he wanted.

you know how it feels to get your bike and style of riding bashed. why would you repeat that bullshit? just to be an asshole?

Hibs
Wed Feb 10th, 2016, 06:40 PM

Oh I also forgot to mention my Scott's Steering Stabilizer, but that's just semantics at this point

Hibs
Wed Feb 10th, 2016, 06:41 PM
dude why are you bashing someone else's bike? you're a fucking prick you know that?

you jumped in here like some white knight trashing grims new bike. I'm happy for the guy. he went and got something he wanted.

you know how it feels to get your bike and style of riding bashed. why would you repeat that bullshit? just to be an asshole?

I haven't bashed anyone, just said i didn't like the styling. Then A-A Ron desided he wanted to throw down a challenge.

#1Townie
Wed Feb 10th, 2016, 06:45 PM
I haven't bashed anyone, just said i didn't like the styling. Then A-A Ron desided he wanted to throw down a challenge.

dude you flat out came in just talking shit. you are being a bigger prick than even i have ever been.

PS aaron is how you spell that name when it comes to a male. Erin is how you spell it when it's a woman.

if your beef is Aarons challenge take him up on it. go meet him on the track against what he rides. and get lapped just like he stated.

I mean if you want to bash another guys ride put your shit to the test.

Hibs
Wed Feb 10th, 2016, 07:13 PM
if your beef is Aarons challenge take him up on it. go meet him on the track against what he rides. and get lapped just like he stated.

No, the Flic was pretty clear in what he said, that is Grim on his Honda Cruiser would lap me. That has nothing to do with his own bmw or any other track guy. Don't put words into his mouth. Stop trying to distort what is going on here.

Hibs
Wed Feb 10th, 2016, 07:17 PM
dude you flat out came in just talking shit. you are being a bigger prick than even i have ever been.

No, I welcomed the OP back, stated what I thought of his new purchase (nothing against him, kinda goes with my general thoughts on the styling of a lot of new bikes today), and wished him safety and good luck.... how is thay being a bashing prick??

#1Townie
Wed Feb 10th, 2016, 07:25 PM
No, I welcomed the OP back, stated what I thought of his new purchase (nothing against him, kinda goes with my general thoughts on the styling of a lot of new bikes today), and wished him safety and good luck.... how is thay being a bashing prick??

look dude I'm not going to go back and forth with you but your comment comes off very wrong. it doesn't matter what you think about it. it is how others interpret it.

Aaron was just stepping in on shity comment from someone who's idea of welcoming back a rider is by calling their bike ugly. probably not the best choice in words.

anyways dude it is what it is.

Hibs
Wed Feb 10th, 2016, 07:39 PM
look dude I'm not going to go back and forth with you but your comment comes off very wrong. it doesn't matter what you think about it. it is how others interpret it.

Aaron was just stepping in on shity comment from someone who's idea of welcoming back a rider is by calling their bike ugly. probably not the best choice in words.

anyways dude it is what it is.

So are you gonna pool your money with Aaron to watch Grim lap me at the track on his CTX.... or.....????

Aaron
Wed Feb 10th, 2016, 07:47 PM
You'll see me at the track, but we won't be racing. Well, you might, but I won't, I don't do that.

You can always tell the fastest guys on the track. They're the ones who tell everyone how fast they are.

#1Townie
Wed Feb 10th, 2016, 07:51 PM
So are you gonna pool your money with Aaron to watch Grim lap me at the track on his CTX.... or.....????

sorry bruh. I'm done with your squidly ass. go back to the flat lands trying to reach those super sonic speeds on your busa.

Hibs
Wed Feb 10th, 2016, 08:04 PM
You'll see me at the track, but we won't be racing. Well, you might, but I won't, I don't do that.

You can always tell the fastest guys on the track. They're the ones who tell everyone how fast they are.

Ah, backing out of your claim. I figured as much. Typical internet shit talker.

sorry bruh. I'm done with your squidly ass. go back to the flat lands trying to reach those super sonic speeds on your busa.

It's alright brah, now that I see Aaron's fingers got a little ahead of his inflated head and he's not willing to back up what he said, I have no reason to stick around this thread.

#1Townie
Wed Feb 10th, 2016, 08:22 PM
Ah, backing out of your claim. I figured as much. Typical internet shit talker.

It's alright brah, now that I see Aaron's fingers got a little ahead of his inflated head and he's not willing to back up what he said, I have no reason to stick around this thread.

wooooow. dude you should do a MC safety class with all your skills. you are clearly the best rider on this forum. I bow down to your AWESOMENESS!

please tell us some super sick stories of those qt mile races and top it off with your most epic top speed story.

I just can't wait to hear more. will you sign my gas tank the next time I'm in Colorado?

Jmetz
Wed Feb 10th, 2016, 10:20 PM
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/c0/ac/47/c0ac47832e2320f3132b67cc679937b3.jpg

GMR
Thu Feb 11th, 2016, 02:35 AM

Maybe hibbs can race grim in the 1/4 mile on Academy, and you be the judge at the finish line

Also, this thread is one of my favorites. Kinda bruzer status. I miss that guy, I'm sure grim does too.

Grim-you suck and you know it! I want cookies though

bulldog
Thu Feb 11th, 2016, 07:33 AM
Sounds like a friendly wager to me on a closed track so what is the big deal :dunno: Hibs got told he would get lapped so he said he is willing to prove it and put his money where his mouth is. Sounds like people think he is just a "drag race" guy and he not only says he has track skills but willing to prove it, so why not. Not like we haven't heard Aaron say how fast he is numerous times as well. I'd like to see it! Aaron on Grim's bike against Hibbs on the track (Grim never really got involved and if anything took the high road about the comment on his bike).

If anything this should happen on pure principal :lol:

P.S. And "no" I do not want in on this as I've learned long ago to never judge how fast you think a person is until you see them in a sanctioned track race......f*ck Hoopty lapping me on a SV650 at 2nd Creek and teaching me my hard lesson years ago when I thought I was fast.....he literally had duck tape and zip ties holding his bike together.

bulldog
Thu Feb 11th, 2016, 08:08 AM
Some of our greatest CSC moments came from wagers like this that started on the board. Anyone remember Hoopty, LoLo and Sparker (the OG cop on board) arguing who could eat the most hot wings. OMG, I was dying of laughter during this all....good times :lol:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v257/bulldog420/LoHoopty-1.jpg

Aaron
Thu Feb 11th, 2016, 12:15 PM
I'm fast as shit yo. There was a guy on a Ninja 250 when I rode HPR last. We were in hot competition lap after lap.

Some say my bike as traction control and ABS and all this other nifty shit. I'm not sure, as it's never needed to activate while I'm riding. That's how good I am.

Hibs
Thu Feb 11th, 2016, 12:33 PM
I'm fast as shit yo. There was a guy on a Ninja 250 when I rode HPR last. We were in hot competition lap after lap.

Some say my bike as traction control and ABS and all this other nifty shit. I'm not sure, as it's never needed to activate while I'm riding. That's how good I am.

http://chapleau.us/Img/DiggingHole.jpg

Slo
Thu Feb 11th, 2016, 12:33 PM
Welcome back..... What's the range on that ride anyway?

The Black Knight
Thu Feb 11th, 2016, 03:26 PM
Shit!! I heard the only bike that might stand up against Aaron is the jet bike from Torque. Well maybe the super nitrous Harley from Torque could as well, or Smoke's Hayabusa from Biker Boyzzzz.

That's an elite crop of bikes to hang with. I know I wouldn't race the jetbike, that thing can do flips and spins in the air. All while melting the pavement because of its massive jet wash.

#1Townie
Thu Feb 11th, 2016, 03:45 PM
Shit!! I heard the only bike that might stand up against Aaron is the jet bike from Torque. Well maybe the super nitrous Harley from Torque could as well, or Smoke's Hayabusa from Biker Boyzzzz.

That's an elite crop of bikes to hang with. I know I wouldn't race the jetbike, that thing can do flips and spins in the air. All while melting the pavement because of its massive jet wash.

nah bro that jet bike was a tribute to hibs land speed record bike.

Captain Obvious
Thu Feb 11th, 2016, 04:56 PM
I left this thread for a bit. And clearly I missed out.

Please continue, this is amusing.

also, townie. A A ron was a joke Hibs was making. Out of context, not funny, but great K&P skit.

Spooph
Fri Feb 12th, 2016, 08:58 AM
Welcome back champion Grim! You bring out the best in people. :) I keed, I keed... I dig the bike BTW, and I totally agree with your motivations, I'm very much in the same boat.

Grim2.0
Tue Feb 16th, 2016, 03:27 PM

Why do you assume i cant? As you said you don't know me, i can make the same argument you just did to townie, you don't no nuffin so practice what you preach. Also you do know the size or speed of the bike means nothing on a road course right? I WOULD put money on Bueller spanking your ass on his Harley on a road course against your kawi. it doesn't bother me that you don't like my bike, why should i care i didn't get it for you i got it for me, what i think is funny is your oblivion to the fact that just BECAUSE of the bike i got you automatically think you would be faster than me in any given scenario...a bike is only as fast as the rider controlling it. maybe someday you and i can have a ride just the two of us, i think you would enjoy it, many people here have ridden with me in the past and i haven't had any complaints.

Maybe hibbs can race grim in the 1/4 mile on Academy, and you be the judge at the finish line

Also, this thread is one of my favorites. Kinda bruzer status. I miss that guy, I'm sure grim does too.

Grim-you suck and you know it! I want cookies though

No Cookie For you

Welcome back..... What's the range on that ride anyway?

65MPG which is pretty damn good!!!

Welcome back champion Grim! You bring out the best in people. :) I keed, I keed... I dig the bike BTW, and I totally agree with your motivations, I'm very much in the same boat.

I really do don't I? Start a thread about me getting a bike and all hell breaks loose, its almost like i never left!!

Aaron
Tue Feb 16th, 2016, 06:29 PM
I have a complaint about riding with you. Several, in fact. You didn't bring cookies for one. For two you made me ride in snow and ice. And then you threw snowballs at me. And to date it was still the best ride I've ever been on.

madvlad
Tue Feb 16th, 2016, 07:28 PM
What did I miss? :lol:

TFOGGuys
Tue Feb 16th, 2016, 08:23 PM

The usual winter stuff...mostly monkeys flinging poo at each other for no other reason than they're bored and pissed off that they can't ride as much as they want...

#1Townie
Tue Feb 16th, 2016, 08:54 PM

grims back. hibs is a straight line top speed pro who could beat anyone anytime anywhere.

townie is still a dick. that about sums it up.

Grim2.0
Tue Feb 16th, 2016, 09:18 PM
The usual winter stuff...mostly monkeys flinging poo at each other for no other reason than they're bored and pissed off that they can't ride as much as they want...

It was above 25 degrees I fail to see the issue with riding.

Aaron
Tue Feb 16th, 2016, 10:41 PM
The road was, and I mean literally when I say literally, covered in snow and ice. No issue at all, it was an AMAZING ride. And all things considered only 1 or 2 layovers wasn't bad at all. We even passed a car, and I think it was AWD, that was stuck.

madvlad
Wed Feb 17th, 2016, 01:23 PM
I've been riding for 2 weeks straight haha, been really nice out

TFOGGuys
Thu Feb 18th, 2016, 11:35 PM

The road was, and I mean literally when I say literally, covered in snow and ice. No issue at all, it was an AMAZING ride. And all things considered only 1 or 2 layovers wasn't bad at all. We even passed a car, and I think it was AWD, that was stuck.

I've been riding for 2 weeks straight haha, been really nice out

Yeah, some of us ride year round. Others only ride when it's over 65 degrees and the roads are dry and free of sand. I ride as long as it's more than 10 degrees out and I can paddle out of the neighborhood without eating shit on the ice...:cold:

sloridr
Tue Mar 15th, 2016, 09:24 PM
GRIM! Welcome back to you! It's the first time i've been on here in at least 2 years. I too have found a new whip. A 15 BMW R1200GS. I tried to upload a pic, but Dutch Harbor internet is shitty at best. Slower than the old dial up.

Contrats on the new toy! Enjoy yourself!!!

sloridr
Thu Mar 17th, 2016, 12:22 PM

GSXRGREG and I used to ride year round down towards Deckers. It was our get out of town loop. Snow on the ground and all. Miss those days. This adulating thing is cutting way into my riding. Regardless enjoy the new WHIP!!!!