PDA

View Full Version : 2016 St. Patrick's Day Parade - What's going on...

~Barn~
Wed Mar 9th, 2016, 10:28 AM
Admin Edit: Jump to post #23 for the official word
(http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?54492-2016-St-Patrick-s-Day-Parade-What-s-going-on&p=779037&viewfull=1#post779037)
(http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/#post779037)So I'm guessing our participation in the parade this year is not a-go (?).

mdub
Wed Mar 9th, 2016, 12:59 PM
And this year I was thinking of going

UHATEIT
Wed Mar 9th, 2016, 02:10 PM
I was waiting for a threat myself actually and when I went to "what's New" each time there was never anything about this. I actually thought when clicking this thread that it was for this year but this is last year's thread

madvlad
Wed Mar 9th, 2016, 03:04 PM
Directives from the parade don't want us back so it's a no go ever again.

~Barn~
Wed Mar 9th, 2016, 03:21 PM
And this year I was thinking of going

You don't have to lie to kick it. :p

~Barn~
Wed Mar 9th, 2016, 04:40 PM

Tell them that I'm friends with Conor McGregor.

madvlad
Wed Mar 9th, 2016, 06:11 PM
:lol:

Jmetz
Wed Mar 9th, 2016, 06:55 PM

Just curious where you heard this. It's because we're brown isn't it?!?

madvlad
Thu Mar 10th, 2016, 06:00 AM
Nope, there were no brown people at the parade last year (including me) so in short whities, Connor Mcgregor and Canadians are to blame for this :lol:

bulldog
Thu Mar 10th, 2016, 07:32 AM
Nope, there were no brown people at the parade last year (including me) so in short whities, Connor Mcgregor and Canadians are to blame for this :lol:
http://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/63227764.jpg

Bueller
Thu Mar 10th, 2016, 01:04 PM
White privilege mother effers.

madvlad
Thu Mar 10th, 2016, 03:13 PM
:lol: and the CSC racial can of 16' has been opened

bulldog
Thu Mar 10th, 2016, 03:36 PM
:lol: and the CSC racial can of 16' has been opened I am sure you are joking, but I am pretty sure the "stunting" during the parade is why they did not invite us back :|

Can't say I blame them though because if I had a kid I took and saw some amateur on a sportbike stunting near my kid, I'd be worried too....they have no idea if a person is skilled enough to not make a mistake.

madvlad
Thu Mar 10th, 2016, 06:00 PM
You guys should know me by now man, I'm sarcastic like 99.7% of the time. There were no stunts really, just minor burnouts and they got mad though they gave them permission to. Also even the years I made it we didn't even attempt to do anything and they still bitches about whatever they could. It was a matter of time that they pushed us out. Oh well.

#1Townie
Thu Mar 10th, 2016, 06:21 PM
well maybe acting like a bunch of squids at a stop light was frowned on by more than you guys thought? sounds like all the warning signs were there.

just from the outside looking in.

madvlad
Thu Mar 10th, 2016, 06:50 PM
It was still cool seeing the kids smile when you came around and gave them a high 5 and revved the bike a bit. It was still a good time

#1Townie
Thu Mar 10th, 2016, 10:18 PM
It was still cool seeing the kids smile when you came around and gave them a high 5 and revved the bike a bit. It was still a good time

I do know the feeling. was just making an observation. I'm out of here.

bulldog
Fri Mar 11th, 2016, 07:21 AM
You guys should know me by now man, I'm sarcastic like 99.7% of the time. There were no stunts really, just minor burnouts and they got mad though they gave them permission to. Also even the years I made it we didn't even attempt to do anything and they still bitches about whatever they could. It was a matter of time that they pushed us out. Oh well. Yeah was on personal attack on you Damir. Just saying lets not beat around the bush here and just say it was probably someone who complained about the stunts. :lol:

Hundred people could love it, but only takes one parent to complain and officials get afraid of a lawsuit :dunno:

Grim2.0
Fri Mar 11th, 2016, 08:47 AM
I will be signing up for the parade as the "Super happy safe motorcycle riding club" if you want to be part of it and join in the parade you must be in full leathers, helmet, gloves boots, install a throttle limiter keeping you from being able to exceed 5MPH and keep both hands on the handle bars at all times.....motorcycles are dangerous and we need to make sure society knows it!!!

Nolan
Fri Mar 11th, 2016, 09:54 AM
I have a pw50 exactly for this.

madvlad
Fri Mar 11th, 2016, 09:59 AM
I know dude, just still saying it was a fun time and it is what it is. The world has become pussified, no getting away from it.

~Barn~
Fri Mar 11th, 2016, 10:49 AM
Not my world.

I'm going to go to the parade and throw candy at the floats!

Spiderman
Fri Mar 11th, 2016, 11:10 AM
So I'm guessing our participation in the parade this year is not a-go (?).
Correct.
Sorry, I was trying to keep an eye on the forums so I could answer this right away, but I've been busy, and got sick this week.

Yes and no... we have been refused entry for this year alone, but are allowed to participate again next year, if we want...

sounds like all the warning signs were there.
(not directed specifically at you, Townie, but what you said seemed like a fitting intro to this)
Without getting in to all the detail, every year, many people in the crowd want us to do wheelies and burnouts. In years past, we've been told to stop doing burnouts, by either the parade marshals and/or the Denver PD (I even got chased down and confronted by some cadets for doing an unsanctioned burnout in 2011 (http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?38490-St-Patty-s-Day-Parade-2011&p=548377#BobGotBusted)). One year, they told us (quite emphatically) when we arrived at the staging area, that we were not allowed to do any stunts. Another year, while a bunch of us were trying to do burnouts in front of the judges stand, a bunch of parade marshals came running out telling us all to stop.

None of that happened last year... not a single Denver Police Officer, or parade marshal, ever approached us and told us to stop doing burnouts... in fact, before I did my first burnout, I asked a Denver Police officer for permission, and he gave it to me. I think I did about 8 or 9 burnouts, and, for all but one of them, I asked for, and received permission from a Denver Police Officer. I canvased the other riders from last year, and the same is true for them (never told to stop, and many also asked for, and received, permission).

I'm guessing somebody complained, though, and apparently, the people who were supposed to tell us to stop (but didn't), changed their stories to cover their asses, because, according to the Parade Committee, we were told to stop, and we disobeyed... either that, or it was all a conspiracy to get us kicked out. :dunno:

mdub
Fri Mar 11th, 2016, 12:15 PM
That sounds reasonable enough... Come on 2017

#1Townie
Fri Mar 11th, 2016, 12:21 PM
Correct.
Sorry, I was trying to keep an eye on the forums so I could answer this right away, but I've been busy, and got sick this week.

Yes and no... we have been refused entry for this year alone, but are allowed to participate again next year, if we want...

(not directed specifically at you, Townie, but what you said seemed like a fitting intro to this)
Without getting in to all the detail, every year, many people in the crowd want us to do wheelies and burnouts. In years past, we've been told to stop doing burnouts, by either the parade marshals and/or the Denver PD (I even got chased down and confronted by some cadets for doing an unsanctioned burnout in 2011 (http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?38490-St-Patty-s-Day-Parade-2011&p=548377#BobGotBusted)). One year, they told us (quite emphatically) when we arrived at the staging area, that we were not allowed to do any stunts. Another year, while a bunch of us were trying to do burnouts in front of the judges stand, a bunch of parade marshals came running out telling us all to stop.

None of that happened last year... not a single Denver Police Officer, or parade marshal, ever approached us and told us to stop doing burnouts... in fact, before I did my first burnout, I asked a Denver Police officer for permission, and he gave it to me. I think I did about 8 or 9 burnouts, and, for all but one of them, I asked for, and received permission from a Denver Police Officer. I canvased the other riders from last year, and the same is true for them (never told to stop, and many also asked for, and received, permission).

I'm guessing somebody complained, though, and apparently, the people who were supposed to tell us to stop (but didn't), changed their stories to cover their asses, because, according to the Parade Committee, we were told to stop, and we disobeyed... either that, or it was all a conspiracy to get us kicked out. :dunno:

obamas fault.

madvlad
Fri Mar 11th, 2016, 05:41 PM
I stand corrected, I was under the impression it was for good. Guess only this year then.

Jmetz
Fri Mar 11th, 2016, 06:36 PM
Better check ya sources son!

madvlad
Sat Mar 12th, 2016, 09:36 AM
I didn't check myself.... and I wrecked myself

#1Townie
Sat Mar 12th, 2016, 11:14 AM
I didn't check myself.... and I wrecked myself

if you tie dem laces you won't be trippin yo!

madvlad
Sun Mar 13th, 2016, 11:05 AM
I blame Obama...

#1Townie
Sun Mar 13th, 2016, 02:47 PM
I blame Obama...

seen him do it.

~Barn~
Sun Mar 13th, 2016, 08:56 PM
This will never happen when The Donald is our President. #MAKETHECSCGREATAGAIN

#1Townie
Mon Mar 14th, 2016, 04:38 AM
This will never happen when The Donald is our President. #MAKETHECSCGREATAGAIN

yes it would.... and it will still be Obama's fault. duuuuh.

madvlad
Mon Mar 14th, 2016, 03:25 PM
:lol: #wewillrebuild

#1Townie
Mon Mar 14th, 2016, 04:16 PM
#neverforget

mdub
Tue Mar 15th, 2016, 05:36 AM
Just curious where you heard this. It's because we're brown isn't it?!?

Up with Whitey, down with brown man...

#1Townie
Wed Mar 16th, 2016, 09:20 AM
Up with Whitey, down with brown man...

ummm... who needs hope when we got dope?

Spooph
Thu Mar 17th, 2016, 04:04 PM
#sportbikelivesmatter

On a more serious note, for 2017, we gonna do a burnout trailer, or mini bikes, or bicycles with cards or pringles cans on the spokes?

madvlad
Thu Mar 17th, 2016, 05:19 PM
I'm sure they'll make you guys walk your bikes if you enter and even then they'll find a reason to ban again :lol:

Gramps
Thu Mar 17th, 2016, 05:25 PM
blah blah blah

Let the Harley groups do this kind of crap and let's go ride that day next year. I'll wear something green if it makes everybody feel better:lol:

Spiderman
Thu Mar 24th, 2016, 10:28 AM
On a more serious note, for 2017, we gonna do a burnout trailer, or mini bikes, or bicycles with cards or pringles cans on the spokes?
And a big banner, to be hung in front of the truck, that says

THE PARADE COMMITTEE FORBIDS US
DOING BURNOUTS, WHEELIES,
OR ANYTHING ELSE YOU MIGHT ENJOY.
SORRY

mdub
Wed Mar 30th, 2016, 08:08 AM
ummm... who needs hope when we got dope?

Haha... Awh dope... Good times. Eh out grew all that hype..