PDA

View Full Version : twin peaks powersports rany or rave???

evol one
Thu Oct 23rd, 2003, 11:58 PM
I have been considering going over there to chat with these guys about a deal. I havnt seen much ranting or raving about them. Any input peeps, I trust your opinions. Oh.... Unless you work there that is.

NineTwoFour
Fri Oct 24th, 2003, 07:57 AM
If I recall, some of the good guys from the old Boulder dealer moved over there. A lot of people liked them.

I never had a good experience with Twin Peaks, but that was before they moved over off of I-25. Not sure if it is still the same people running it after the move. I never even got to the point of trying to buy a bike from them, their attitude was so shitty when I was just in there for parts and to see new models.

If you are willing to drive a bit further, I have had good experience with the Yamaha/Suzuki dealership in Ft Collins. Unfortunately, most of the dealers I liked are out of buisness, or have been taken over by larger dealerships.

yakuza
Fri Oct 24th, 2003, 11:57 AM
I've had a dyno run there, and irdave has dealt with them a bit since he rides an Aprilia. I'll see if I can get him to provide his feedback.

irdave
Fri Oct 24th, 2003, 05:57 PM
The Twin Peaks guys were cool, and are still cool to deal with-

When I had my bike in there for the insurance estimate it took them a while to get to it... But other than that, they're good.

Talk to Kevin in parts- seems to know what he's talking about...

The Yamaha-Suzuki dealer up here are a bunch of assholes... Everybody I've talked to up here that's bought a bike from them says the same thing... That they treat you like royalty when you buy a bike from them, but the next day, they're like,"Who are you?" Not what I want when I drop a load of cash somewhere. And they're tire prices are outrageous...

evol one
Sun Oct 26th, 2003, 12:28 PM
Yeah I have been to the guys here in Fort Collins Because My brother bought his R6 there and a couple of my friends bought dirt ikes there, they wouldnt budge on anything so I walked out . Needless to say a week later I got the call from them asking to come back.... :321: yeah Right.. Then I went to Colorado Powersports on 104. Thiss Jack ass tries to tell me that he wont give me much for my trade because My bike was Repainted I nearly dropped him right there :guns: After I told him how retarted his manager was, i got the apologies and walked away. Last resort is twin peaks, Lets see what goes on now. You know being in fort collins... Larime is not such a haul.... ever deal with them or know anyone who has???

NineTwoFour
Sun Oct 26th, 2003, 03:44 PM
Depends on what kind of bike you are looking for. As far as I know, the only bike shop that is the same ownership as when I was in Laramie is the Kawasaki shop. And I didn't much care for them.

There used to be a Honda/Yamaha shop on 3rd, and they were one of the coolest dealers I have ever dealt with. I am pretty sure they went under, or were bought out. But it might be worth a try to take a trip up there.

JohnS
Mon Oct 27th, 2003, 06:13 AM
What kind of bike are you looking for. If it's a Yamaha Try Coyote Motorsports. Yeah I'm a little partial too them because I use to work there but they will usually work a deal without a hassle. Give Darin a call over there and tell him I sent ya :)

btw they are in Denver off of 58th & I-25

shacheri
Mon Oct 27th, 2003, 06:58 AM
What kind of bike are you looking for. If it's a Yamaha Try Coyote Motorsports. Yeah I'm a little partial too them because I use to work there but they will usually work a deal without a hassle. Give Darin a call over there and tell him I sent ya :)

btw they are in Denver off of 58th & I-25

:? How's come you aren't there anymore?

JohnS
Mon Oct 27th, 2003, 08:48 PM
Selling or financing motorcycles is no way to make money :| Sad cause it was alot of fun to work there.

People should know that noone is getting rich selling bikes at a dealership. Alot of them are there because they love motorcycles and like to have fun. Of course some are working at dealerships because they are evil but thats another story :shock: :banghead:

gary n
Thu Nov 13th, 2003, 09:22 AM
I just bought a bike from them and I would give them two thumbs up. :up:

I dealt with David Deshermaier who is the sales manager. He gave me a fair trade on a bike that other shops weren't interested in taking and the price on his bike was discounted too so I was happy. He was very easy to work with. I have been talking to him about another trade and he seems to be very reasonable on what he offers for trade-in value.