PDA

View Full Version : Pueblo Motosports Park Under New Management

The Black Knight
Wed Mar 16th, 2016, 06:29 PM
http://www.kktv.com/home/headlines/Pueblo-Motorsports-Park-Under-New-Management--372134522.html

So looks like Pueblo will be active after all. Anyone heard any more news about PMP?? Mainly are they still going to focus on the road course and not crappy drag racing only? I sure hope they continue to focus on all aspects of the track and not just the drag strip. I get why drag racing is popular, it's cheap and anyone can do it. However, I think PMP would be doing themselves a great disservice by not focusing on the road racers as well.

Aaron
Wed Mar 16th, 2016, 07:04 PM
PMP cannot operate on one form of racing alone. Quite simply, the track needs both the road course and the 1320 to be operational in order to stay in business. The new management comes from a drag racing background, but has said he will support the road course also.

There is a cleaning/potluck this weekend, beginning 10am Saturday. I'll be there. Hopefully some of you will too.

Okrapp
Wed Mar 16th, 2016, 08:49 PM
Think I'll show up for the weekend event for a bit. Hopefully another presence of our usage type would help the cause.

Aaron
Wed Mar 16th, 2016, 10:56 PM
I'm really afraid of what's going to happen if we don't. And who knows, maybe he'll be giving away a track pass here and there.

madvlad
Thu Mar 17th, 2016, 08:11 AM
The new management was at the latest MRA meeting and they seem very motivated to improve the track on both drag and road course end. Seems very promising.

Aaron
Thu Mar 17th, 2016, 10:15 AM
They are, because they have to be, and they understand that. I still have my doubts about their knowledge of road racing, and I'm afraid they'll make some poor decisions because of that, but at least they're willing to listen and improve the track, that's a big improvement from the former.

blaircsf
Thu Mar 17th, 2016, 11:43 AM
At the MRA meeting, they were upfront with not knowing about road racing. I take this as a good sign, admitting you don't know (and learning) is better than just guessing / assuming / etc. They have been talking to and learning from HPR, MRA board, car racing groups, etc so I'm optimistic.

madvlad
Thu Mar 17th, 2016, 03:22 PM
Kudos to the HPR management/staff for helping PMP out on that

BadR6Man
Thu Mar 17th, 2016, 07:15 PM
I will be there sat to help with track cleaning. Do we need to bring anything?

BadR6Man
Thu Mar 17th, 2016, 07:16 PM
Who wants to drag knee with me in street sweepers ;)

Aaron
Thu Mar 17th, 2016, 10:43 PM
It's a pot luck, so bring food. And beer.