PDA

View Full Version : Motorcycle lapping day June 13th at Pueblo

GNGSXR
Mon Jun 6th, 2016, 08:17 AM
https://www.motorsportreg.com/events/lapping-day-cars-motorcycles-pueblo-motorsports-park-pmp-powered-by-rcsc-618476#.V1WF98tMHqA

The Black Knight
Mon Jun 6th, 2016, 10:08 AM
Hell I'm in!!

blaircsf
Mon Jun 6th, 2016, 12:29 PM
I rode this past Friday (and all weekend with the MRA), and the preparation they did to turn 10 makes such a difference.

RPMWFO
Tue Jun 7th, 2016, 03:32 AM
https://www.motorsportreg.com/events/lapping-day-cars-motorcycles-pueblo-motorsports-park-pmp-powered-by-rcsc-618476#.V1WF98tMHqA

I'll be there. Just need to register. I went on Friday. There is better traction thru turn 10!.

Just need 15 to sign up for it to be a go.

RPMWFO
Tue Jun 7th, 2016, 06:17 PM
I'll be there. Just need to register. I went on Friday. There is better traction thru turn 10!.

Just need 15 to sign up for it to be a go.

Just registered. 5 signed up so far. 10 to go! Come on out.

The Black Knight
Tue Jun 7th, 2016, 08:33 PM
Just registered. 5 signed up so far. 10 to go! Come on out.

So if we don't hit the 15 number, then what? Do they cancel and refund? Cause that's all I'm really concerned about. If I get a refund for a cancelled track day.

GNGSXR
Wed Jun 8th, 2016, 07:41 AM
So if we don't hit the 15 number, then what? Do they cancel and refund? Cause that's all I'm really concerned about. If I get a refund for a cancelled track day.

It operates just like HPR. You'll have a credit on your account. You'll have to talk to track management if you want a full refund instead of a credit

GNGSXR
Wed Jun 8th, 2016, 10:40 AM
I wonder if all the people on this board who were too scared to ride without an ambulance will come out to Pueblo now for track days.

tecknojoe
Wed Jun 8th, 2016, 11:28 AM
I rode the track day on Friday.

The ambulance was fully utilized on Sunday. Thank God they were there.

blaircsf
Wed Jun 8th, 2016, 04:00 PM
I wonder if all the people on this board who were too scared to ride without an ambulance will come out to Pueblo now for track days.

I would, but I was just there Friday and will be at HPR Thursday, maybe Friday, Saturday and Sunday of next week...

RPMWFO
Wed Jun 8th, 2016, 08:12 PM

Seems like it is harder to get people out to PMP now for a lapping day than in the past when they didn't offer the ambulance.

Still only 5 people signed up. What better way to start the week than a lapping day...

GNGSXR
Wed Jun 8th, 2016, 08:24 PM
I would, but I was just there Friday and will be at HPR Thursday, maybe Friday, Saturday and Sunday of next week...

It does look like most motorcycles will be at HPR next week. Monday is an Erico day, Thursday is the yamaha riding school, Friday is a track day, and saturday/sunday is MRA.

Aaron
Wed Jun 8th, 2016, 09:37 PM
The difficulty is also because she's separating cars and bikes. I've said this all along, PMP simply cannot attract enough participants to hold steady car or bike only track days during the week. There's no reason not to combine them.

Anywho, I registered, I'm #6.

The Black Knight
Wed Jun 8th, 2016, 10:10 PM
Seems like it is harder to get people out to PMP now for a lapping day than in the past when they didn't offer the ambulance.

Still only 5 people signed up. What better way to start the week than a lapping day...
I haven't signed up yet. I'll be doing that either tomorrow night or Friday night. Not in any rush, we have til Sunday to sign up.

Okrapp
Thu Jun 9th, 2016, 07:34 PM
I rode this past Friday (and all weekend with the MRA), and the preparation they did to turn 10 makes such a difference.

Haven't been back down yet to see - yes I should and eventually will see for myself but, what did they do to the corner?

I rode the track day on Friday.

The ambulance was fully utilized on Sunday. Thank God they were there.

Just read about this on the roadracingworld release. Best wishes to the rider and family for a speedy and full recovery.

GNGSXR
Fri Jun 10th, 2016, 08:35 AM
The difficulty is also because she's separating cars and bikes. I've said this all along, PMP simply cannot attract enough participants to hold steady car or bike only track days during the week. There's no reason not to combine them.

Anywho, I registered, I'm #6.

Looks like it is now a car/bike day.

Aaron
Fri Jun 10th, 2016, 06:45 PM
I wish they would get their shit together, and decide this stuff in advance. They are just as unorganized as Judy was.

The Black Knight
Fri Jun 10th, 2016, 07:07 PM
Alright, I'm in officially now. Looks like we're up to 9 people.

Also, on the schedule they have listed for June 27th. That's great!! cause I was planning on hitting up HPR on that day. But if I can save the time and go to Pueblo instead. I'm for sure doing that day as well at the end of the month.

GNGSXR
Sat Jun 11th, 2016, 08:28 AM
I wish they would get their shit together, and decide this stuff in advance. They are just as unorganized as Judy was.

They are new at this. It takes some time. We had 38 bikes for one of the May track days.

The Black Knight
Sat Jun 11th, 2016, 12:22 PM
Last I looked we had 10 now. I would think they'd run the day with at least 10. I know a minimum of 15 but 10 is rather close.

GNGSXR
Sat Jun 11th, 2016, 01:19 PM
We had 13 once and they still cancelled.

The Black Knight
Sat Jun 11th, 2016, 01:24 PM
We had 13 once and they still cancelled.

Damnit!!

GNGSXR
Sat Jun 11th, 2016, 07:42 PM
Oh well. I'll probably go to HPR next Friday during the MRA practice day if Monday is a no go at Pueblo.

The Black Knight
Sat Jun 11th, 2016, 08:47 PM
Oh well. I'll probably go to HPR next Friday during the MRA practice day if Monday is a no go at Pueblo.

Well even though it does say it on their website. I'll still be a little pissed off as I'm taking the day off work to hit up the track. So now, I'll be burning a day off for no reason. Guess I'll go into work if they do cancel.

RPMWFO
Sat Jun 11th, 2016, 10:45 PM
Well this sucks. Looks like there will not be too many lapping days at PMP if this is any indication.

Aaron
Sun Jun 12th, 2016, 12:34 AM
3/4 of this is her own fault, but I agree with you, if we don't get attendance up they'll stop altogether and focus on that damned 1/4mi.

They need to understand that car or bike only days during the week, and possibly even on weekends, simply aren't going to fly. She needs to combine them, make that clear from the get-go, and organize the events more.

Second, they need to advertise. Many of us don't check the motorsports website often, and our only other method of hearing about it is here. If I were them, I'd have an account on every local car/bike forum out there. You guys will notice when someone posts about a trackday on this forum, it entices others to join since they know they're friends will be there. Not that I'm friends with any of you schmucks, but I know where you'll all be at once so I can show up and tell you how much faster I am than you all at once instead of individually. Then we can go ride, but I'll go slow to save gas.

Lastly, I think some sort of enticement to get new-comers in would be a good idea. Maybe give first-timers a cut on the price, or offer a discount if I bring along a friend who has his first time at the track. I got pushed into going by all of you morons, and now I'm addicted. After every trackday I contemplate selling my street plastics and quitting the street completely. Getting newcomers on the track is absolutely key to their success and growth, and right now they are doing absolutely nothing for that.

The Black Knight
Sun Jun 12th, 2016, 08:12 AM
3/4 of this is her own fault, but I agree with you, if we don't get attendance up they'll stop altogether and focus on that damned 1/4mi.

They need to understand that car or bike only days during the week, and possibly even on weekends, simply aren't going to fly. She needs to combine them, make that clear from the get-go, and organize the events more.

Second, they need to advertise. Many of us don't check the motorsports website often, and our only other method of hearing about it is here. If I were them, I'd have an account on every local car/bike forum out there. You guys will notice when someone posts about a trackday on this forum, it entices others to join since they know they're friends will be there. Not that I'm friends with any of you schmucks, but I know where you'll all be at once so I can show up and tell you how much faster I am than you all at once instead of individually. Then we can go ride, but I'll go slow to save gas.

Lastly, I think some sort of enticement to get new-comers in would be a good idea. Maybe give first-timers a cut on the price, or offer a discount if I bring along a friend who has his first time at the track. I got pushed into going by all of you morons, and now I'm addicted. After every trackday I contemplate selling my street plastics and quitting the street completely. Getting newcomers on the track is absolutely key to their success and growth, and right now they are doing absolutely nothing for that.

Yeah I just jumped on this morning to see if we have more attendees. We had 10 last night, now there are only 9, WTF!!! At least the old management would run the track day even with only a handful of people doing the track day.

This is disappointing to say the very least.

GNGSXR
Sun Jun 12th, 2016, 10:06 AM
Well even though it does say it on their website. I'll still be a little pissed off as I'm taking the day off work to hit up the track. So now, I'll be burning a day off for no reason. Guess I'll go into work if they do cancel.

I wish I had a super rich "friend" who could just pay the day rental fee for Pueblo to guarantee the track day. Know anyone?

The Black Knight
Sun Jun 12th, 2016, 11:35 AM
I wish I had a super rich "friend" who could just pay the day rental fee for Pueblo to guarantee the track day. Know anyone?

Really when you look at it. We had 10 people who had registered. Which means that someone backed out but they still paid their money. So if everyone paid for a full day of riding. That's $1500 already paid. If everyone did just a half day(which is what I did), then we have $1000. That's still a good bit of money paid by everyone, to go ahead and open the track to run. They've got $1000-$1500 in monies paid, so in my opinion, I'd run the track day.

But 15 is their policy so let's see what happens. Yes, I wish I had the disposable income to just rent the track for the day and ride.

GNGSXR
Sun Jun 12th, 2016, 02:06 PM
Really when you look at it. We had 10 people who had registered. Which means that someone backed out but they still paid their money. So if everyone paid for a full day of riding. That's $1500 already paid. If everyone did just a half day(which is what I did), then we have $1000. That's still a good bit of money paid by everyone, to go ahead and open the track to run. They've got $1000-$1500 in monies paid, so in my opinion, I'd run the track day.

But 15 is their policy so let's see what happens. Yes, I wish I had the disposable income to just rent the track for the day and ride.

You have to consider the profit vs loss for a track day. I have no idea what it cost to have a gate worker, corner crew, and an ambulance for the day but I bet 10-15 people doesn't give PMP much of a profit margin.

Looks like it got cancelled.
Moving on to HPR now. I don't want to go to HPR. HPR is too much of a point and shoot track. Pueblo flows really nice between 1 and 8. Also Pueblo is only 45 minutes away compared to 2 hours for HPR. I am just complaining now and was hoping to ride tomorrow.

GNGSXR
Sun Jun 12th, 2016, 02:08 PM

Gari is super open to suggestions. Everyone send her an email with some kind suggestions.

The Black Knight
Sun Jun 12th, 2016, 04:10 PM
You have to consider the profit vs loss for a track day. I have no idea what it cost to have a gate worker, corner crew, and an ambulance for the day but I bet 10-15 people doesn't give PMP much of a profit margin.

Looks like it got cancelled.
Moving on to HPR now. I don't want to go to HPR. HPR is too much of a point and shoot track. Pueblo flows really nice between 1 and 8. Also Pueblo is only 45 minutes away compared to 2 hours for HPR. I am just complaining now and was hoping to ride tomorrow.
So where do I find on the site that I have a $100 credit for this??? I remember reading about it somewhere on the site. I'd like to either get the credit or a Full Refund. Honestly, it will be hard for me to hit up PMP again if they can't get their shit together and do track days.

I'm with you, I'd much rather ride PMP as it's about 45 minutes travel for me, compared to 2 hour drive to HPR. However, I do believe this was the final straw with Pueblo. If they can't do a track day with 10 guys, then f**k em!! They won't be getting my business in the future.

:EDIT:
nevermind, I just went to their site and contacted them directly over a refund. I'll await their response.

GNGSXR
Sun Jun 12th, 2016, 05:48 PM
So where do I find on the site that I have a $100 credit for this??? I remember reading about it somewhere on the site. I'd like to either get the credit or a Full Refund. Honestly, it will be hard for me to hit up PMP again if they can't get their shit together and do track days.

I'm with you, I'd much rather ride PMP as it's about 45 minutes travel for me, compared to 2 hour drive to HPR. However, I do believe this was the final straw with Pueblo. If they can't do a track day with 10 guys, then f**k em!! They won't be getting my business in the future.

:EDIT:
nevermind, I just went to their site and contacted them directly over a refund. I'll await their response.

When you go to register for another track day at PMP or HPR you sill see your credit at checkout. It is weird. You can't see your credit on your account until you are about to checkout for another day. HPR uses the same system so you should see the credit if you register for an HPR day.

Aaron
Sun Jun 12th, 2016, 05:55 PM
It usually takes her a couple days to issue the credits. She might do a refund, but they are hesitant to do that.

Black Night, I encourage you not to abandon them. They are new owners, they need advice on how to get this working right. They are already several steps ahead of Judy as they now have plenty of corner workers, as well as an ALS ambulance on site at all times. That costs money, a lot of it. Every track has minimum numbers they need to hit, for good reason. And hell, the fact that they're trying for us is awesome, because they are losing money now for all of the work they put in to get this track day going, and not making a dime.

First and foremost, they need to stop with the car or bike only days. Put the two together. It's always worked smoothly in the past, and both groups got along really well.

The Black Knight
Sun Jun 12th, 2016, 07:42 PM
When you go to register for another track day at PMP or HPR you sill see your credit at checkout. It is weird. You can't see your credit on your account until you are about to checkout for another day. HPR uses the same system so you should see the credit if you register for an HPR day.

I see, thanks for clearing that up. Was kind of what I expected that if there was a credit it would be hidden somewhere and show up around check out at a later date. I did receive an email from Gari that I would be getting a full refund in 24 hours. Not sure if any of you got the same email as I did. If not, mine could be that I sent an email expressing my disappointment with the whole situation. I understand where they are coming from but countered that they need to understand where their customer base are coming from. I did mention that a full refund is the proper and correct thing to do, and that a credit would not suffice in my case, especially when I had made plans for the track day and now have to change them.

It usually takes her a couple days to issue the credits. She might do a refund, but they are hesitant to do that.

Black Night, I encourage you not to abandon them. They are new owners, they need advice on how to get this working right. They are already several steps ahead of Judy as they now have plenty of corner workers, as well as an ALS ambulance on site at all times. That costs money, a lot of it. Every track has minimum numbers they need to hit, for good reason. And hell, the fact that they're trying for us is awesome, because they are losing money now for all of the work they put in to get this track day going, and not making a dime.

First and foremost, they need to stop with the car or bike only days. Put the two together. It's always worked smoothly in the past, and both groups got along really well.

Sorry man, this was the last time I'm giving PMP a chance to get it right. Again, there's that "they need advice on how to get this working right" phrase that I've seen mentioned before. I just can't get past the fact that a company that was supposed to have all the answers when they took over the business, now needs advice from the customer base in order to just run a track day. I completely can see when a company is flourishing and expanding to a point of exhaustion of ideas, that they would turn to their customers and ask them what they might expand on, or offer as a new service. PMP isn't in that boat. They're not gaining traction, they're losing it.

I'll tell you the same thing I told Gari. I've decided to indefinitely suspend any patronage of PMP from now and into the future.

If that means I don't get to the track a lot this year then so be it. I'll hit up HPR and possibly try and work in a PPIR track day if they come available. Honestly, if it does become more and more of a problem in getting out and the time off for track days. I may convert my bike back to street and ride it. Or sell it altogether and just go back to a cruiser for commuting to work. I don't really believe in relegating a Superbike to commuting duties. It's like taking a thoroughbred and using it to plow crops. Sure it can do it and do it well and live a great life, but it was meant for so much more.

P.S.
I do have one piece of advice to give. If money is all that matters in this situation(which it almost always does), then my recommendation to PMP is to have the track bulldozed to the ground. Re-zoned for commercial or heavy residential use and make money on the apartments or condominiums and small business/gas stations that will spring up in its place. Least that way, money is made and the community as a whole is served. People will habitat the homes, use the light commercial business and things will be better as a whole. Progress is then made. Can't make progress by cancelling track days....

GNGSXR
Sun Jun 12th, 2016, 08:14 PM
Sorry man, this was the last time I'm giving PMP a chance to get it right. Again, there's that "they need advice on how to get this working right" phrase that I've seen mentioned before. I just can't get past the fact that a company that was supposed to have all the answers when they took over the business, now needs advice from the customer base in order to just run a track day. I completely can see when a company is flourishing and expanding to a point of exhaustion of ideas, that they would turn to their customers and ask them what they might expand on, or offer as a new service. PMP isn't in that boat. They're not gaining traction, they're losing it.

P.S.
I do have one piece of advice to give. If money is all that matters in this situation(which it almost always does), then my recommendation to PMP is to have the track bulldozed to the ground. Re-zoned for commercial or heavy residential use and make money on the apartments or condominiums and small business/gas stations that will spring up in its place. Least that way, money is made and the community as a whole is served. People will habitat the homes, use the light commercial business and things will be better as a whole. Progress is then made. Can't make progress by cancelling track days....

Well that's a shit attitude to have. Did Pueblo motorsports park murder your family or cause some sort of harm to you? Haha. I'm just kidding.

I am just trying to do my best to stay positive about PMP. I also have a very flexible work schedule so it is not as much of burden to me when the days get cancelled. I understand where you are coming from though.

They do need our advice. It seemed like they were originally only focused on drag racing. I have no evidence of this. It was just a gut feeling. If we quit showing up to track days or quit pestering them about track days then they may stop doing them.

I just realized that HPR holds track days during the summer regardless of the amount of signups they get. I thought they had a minimum number as well but that is only during the winter months. I wonder when PMP will be able to do this as well.

The Black Knight
Sun Jun 12th, 2016, 08:40 PM
Well that's a shit attitude to have. Did Pueblo motorsports park murder your family or cause some sort of harm to you? Haha. I'm just kidding.

I am just trying to do my best to stay positive about PMP. I also have a very flexible work schedule so it is not as much of burden to me when the days get cancelled. I understand where you are coming from though.

They do need our advice. It seemed like they were originally only focused on drag racing. I have no evidence of this. It was just a gut feeling. If we quit showing up to track days or quit pestering them about track days then they may stop doing them.

I just realized that HPR holds track days during the summer regardless of the amount of signups they get. I thought they had a minimum number as well but that is only during the winter months. I wonder when PMP will be able to do this as well.
Not shitty attitude, just being cynical about the whole event.

For me, at my old job I had a much more flexible position. There were more on my last crew that could cover for each other. Now my new position, I'm on a smaller crew and it's harder to get coverage, especially during this time of year. So for me, when I line something up I want it to go through. As it takes me several weeks of planning at work to make it happen. Not like at my old job, where I could give my supervisor a day or two notice that I would be taking a day off. Now, I'm looking at a couple weeks of notice in order to plan for an event/track day. Which is why last year and in years past, track days at PMP have worked easier for me as they were held on the weekends(primarily on Sunday). I can make those happen easy when it's on the weekend.

Yes, I had seen that from HPR as well. They hold track days regardless, and that's the proper way to run a track. If it's planned, then the show goes on. Have not been to HPR but does look like a much more professional organization that runs it.

Lastly, it may have been a dick thing to say but there is some truth in my cynical comments. If they can't get it together and run it properly, that's what I would recommend for the future. Sell it off and build something else that people will use. Cause at this point, we aren't getting to use PMP as it stands now. So I may be a dick, but I'm telling it like it is...

GNGSXR
Mon Jun 13th, 2016, 07:58 PM
There is a half day of Motorcycle lapping this Saturday June 18th at Pueblo.
Next full day is June 27th at Pueblo but HPR is also having a motorcycle track day on June 27th.

The Black Knight
Mon Jun 13th, 2016, 08:16 PM
There is a half day of Motorcycle lapping this Saturday June 18th at Pueblo.
Next full day is June 27th at Pueblo but HPR is also having a motorcycle track day on June 27th.

I'm planning for the HPR June 27th track day. Can't wait to try that track out!!

Gramps
Tue Jun 14th, 2016, 05:36 AM
I'm planning for the HPR June 27th track day. Can't wait to try that track out!!

You will enjoy it.

RichSC
Tue Jun 14th, 2016, 12:39 PM
I'll second that. HPR is a lot of fun, excited to get back out there this weekend. Will say I'm also looking forward to our return to PMP at the end of August. It took me till Sunday to get the hang of that track and start to really have fun on it as I'd never been there.

GNGSXR
Thu Jun 16th, 2016, 10:18 PM
I'll second that. HPR is a lot of fun, excited to get back out there this weekend. Will say I'm also looking forward to our return to PMP at the end of August. It took me till Sunday to get the hang of that track and start to really have fun on it as I'd never been there.

I'll be at HPR tomorrow

Aaron
Sat Jun 18th, 2016, 10:34 PM
You guys may want to check and make sure PMP either refunded or gave you a credit for the lapping days they're cancelling, she did not do either on the 6-13-16 day that she cancelled for me. I emailed her, waiting on a reply.

The Black Knight
Sat Jun 18th, 2016, 10:42 PM
You guys may want to check and make sure PMP either refunded or gave you a credit for the lapping days they're cancelling, she did not do either on the 6-13-16 day that she cancelled for me. I emailed her, waiting on a reply.

I received a refund within 24 hours. Email them to be sure Aaron. I had sent off a rather unhappy email and got a quick response that same night.

Aaron
Sun Jun 19th, 2016, 01:52 PM
I left a polite email, and it was taken care of this morning. I knew she would, just wondering how many others she forgot about, and how many of those may never notice. Because I wouldn't have except I went to sign up for a track day and didn't have a credit to use.

The Black Knight
Sun Jun 19th, 2016, 10:02 PM
I left a polite email, and it was taken care of this morning. I knew she would, just wondering how many others she forgot about, and how many of those may never notice. Because I wouldn't have except I went to sign up for a track day and didn't have a credit to use.

What's your next day that you're planning for? I'm planning for the 27th up at HPR.

Aaron
Mon Jun 20th, 2016, 02:04 AM
To be honest I probably won't go again for a couple months. My COTA trip is costing me a fucking bajillion dollars already and I'm not even there yet. So I'm trying to cut down on the unnecessary expenditures. Plus I don't want to risk wrecking my bike before that trip. I'll be at the ZARS track days at HPR in late July, and beginning in August I'll start riding at PMP and HPR once again.

GNGSXR
Tue Jun 21st, 2016, 10:03 AM
I am sure you all received this email but here it is anyways.

"PMP will be holding open lapping / open Track day on Saturday July 9th for cars and July 10th for Motorcycles . Each event will need to have a minimum of 15 full day registrations or the event will be held as a half day only . The half day event needs a minimun of 10 sign ups to be held. RCSC has also changed its policy for cancellations. Any cancellations by RCSC or the participant will be given a ful refund. As a Participant you must cancel at least 12 hours in advance and do so on motorsportreg. You can not call PMP to cancel .No shows will not receive a refund nor will a refund be given after car or motorcylce has participated in a session and breaks. Changes will be mad eot the website soon.
Pleas watch www.motorsportreg.com (http://www.motorsportreg.com/) for these days to be added to the schedule .
Sincerely ,
Gari Harper"

They are trying to do everything they can to please all racers at the track.

hcr25
Tue Jun 21st, 2016, 01:03 PM
That's on a MRA race weekend so you won't have many racers to deal with. Flip side is none of us will be there to help make the minimum either.

GNGSXR
Tue Jun 21st, 2016, 04:26 PM
That's on a MRA race weekend so you won't have many racers to deal with. Flip side is none of us will be there to help make the minimum either.

I prefer having MRA racers at the open track days. It is nice to get a tow from the consistently faster riders.

Snazzy
Tue Jun 21st, 2016, 06:00 PM
Who ever is crying about "I am boycotting the track" .... good. We don't want negative people like you around. While you're at it, sell your bike too.

Okrapp
Tue Jun 21st, 2016, 06:00 PM
Weekend lap day? :headbang: Bummer about the MRA schedule conflict. Maybe I can get mine rolling to help make numbers.

The Black Knight
Tue Jun 21st, 2016, 08:59 PM
Who ever is crying about "I am boycotting the track" .... good. We don't want negative people like you around. While you're at it, sell your bike too.

I don't think anyone is boycotting the track. I said I was going to with hold my patronage of this track for the moment indefinitely. I was willing to give them the benefit of the doubt and sign up for a track day. I paid my part and waited only to be notified that the track day was cancelled. I received a quick refund which was and is the right thing for PMP to do. I don't believe in a credit, especially when I've paid money and not been given any product for it. I don't know about you but I don't do business that way. I'm not being negative, I'm being reasonable and sensible. It's strictly business to me and nothing more.

GNGSXR
Wed Jun 22nd, 2016, 06:46 AM
I don't think anyone is boycotting the track. I said I was going to with hold my patronage of this track for the moment indefinitely. I was willing to give them the benefit of the doubt and sign up for a track day. I paid my part and waited only to be notified that the track day was cancelled. I received a quick refund which was and is the right thing for PMP to do. I don't believe in a credit, especially when I've paid money and not been given any product for it. I don't know about you but I don't do business that way. I'm not being negative, I'm being reasonable and sensible. It's strictly business to me and nothing more.

With hold patronage is basically boycotting.

How often do you do track days? How often were you doing Pueblo track days under the previous management?

Kim-n-Dean
Wed Jun 22nd, 2016, 06:54 AM
Haven't done a track day in years because of the outrageous prices. However, got a new bike and I'm dying to crank this thing up. I'll only go partial idiot on the streets and I'm really wanting to go full idiot.

Back in the day, we would show up the night before with the RV and camp at the track. Can you still do this?

GNGSXR
Wed Jun 22nd, 2016, 08:17 AM
Haven't done a track day in years because of the outrageous prices. However, got a new bike and I'm dying to crank this thing up. I'll only go partial idiot on the streets and I'm really wanting to go full idiot.

Back in the day, we would show up the night before with the RV and camp at the track. Can you still do this?

You definitely can on a night before an MRA weekend such as the Thursday before the Friday lapping day.

HPR allows camping the night before a lapping day but double check their calendar.

I am not sure what Pueblo's policy is for camping before their open lapping days.

The Black Knight
Wed Jun 22nd, 2016, 09:55 AM
With hold patronage is basically boycotting.

How often do you do track days? How often were you doing Pueblo track days under the previous management?

Well boycotting by definition would mean to abstain from use of services in an act of coercion or intimidation. I mean neither, I'm simply not going to do track days there.

As to answer your other question. I used to do about 6 or 7 track days per year under the old management. I normally would have a couple under my belt by this time last year. I used to get on PMP around late April to early May.

tecknojoe
Wed Jun 22nd, 2016, 10:08 AM

What did it used to cost? It's always been ~$150 for me at most places in the US

It's funny, it's now cheaper for me to do a track day than it is for 1 lift ticket to go skiing. sigh.

Kim-n-Dean
Wed Jun 22nd, 2016, 10:29 AM
What did it used to cost? It's always been ~$150 for me at most places in the US

It's funny, it's now cheaper for me to do a track day than it is for 1 lift ticket to go skiing. sigh.I'm talkin' waaaay back when it was $45 to run SCR all day.:rock:

Last I was told, it was $200 for a track day at HPR and Pueblo. Is that information incorrect?

When Kim and I stopped skiing, it was $50 for the day.

tecknojoe
Wed Jun 22nd, 2016, 10:36 AM
Is that information incorrect?

I don't know pueblo's cost. I think HPR is $140 if you pre-register online, something like that. $100 for half day

GNGSXR
Wed Jun 22nd, 2016, 10:41 AM
I'm talkin' waaaay back when it was $45 to run SCR all day.:rock:

Last I was told, it was $200 for a track day at HPR and Pueblo. Is that information incorrect?

When Kim and I stopped skiing, it was $50 for the day.

Pueblo is $150 for full day. $100 for half.

HPR is $160 for a full day and $100 for half day with pre-registration. It is $180 for full and $120 for half if you pay the day of the event.

Kim-n-Dean
Wed Jun 22nd, 2016, 10:53 AM
Pueblo is $150 for full day. $100 for half.

HPR is $160 for a full day and $100 for half day with pre-registration. It is $180 for full and $120 for half if you pay the day of the event.Ok. That's not too bad, I guess....

Damn!!! I always wanted a GNX. I always laugh when people say how powerful their V6 is these days. Oh really! Go take a ride in an 80s Buick!!