PDA

View Full Version : Replacement Title for my Ninja

j0ker
Wed Jul 20th, 2016, 01:00 PM
It appears that I no longer have the title to my ZX14. It was originally titled in Kansas and is still tagged for Kansas. I want to get a replacement title but I am not sure if I now go to Colorado or Kansas to get the replacement. Does anyone know? I couldn't find anything online that helps me figure this out. When I went to the Kansas site and looked at the forms it asks for a current Kansas DL which I no longer have.

Thanks for your help!

JKOL
Wed Jul 20th, 2016, 01:50 PM
I think you are good to go in CO as long as you at least have your registration.

https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/dmv/titles-faqs

I am new to Colorado. What do I need to register and title my vehicle?
Once you have established residency in your county take the out-of-state title or registration for the vehicle that is not more than 6 months expired, driver license, proof of Colorado insurance, and VIN verification. If your county requires a current Colorado emissions test, Proof of Emissions test must be included also.

j0ker
Wed Jul 20th, 2016, 01:55 PM
I think you are good to go in CO as long as you at least have your registration.

https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/dmv/titles-faqs

I am new to Colorado. What do I need to register and title my vehicle?
Once you have established residency in your county take the out-of-state title or registration for the vehicle that is not more than 6 months expired, driver license, proof of Colorado insurance, and VIN verification. If your county requires a current Colorado emissions test, Proof of Emissions test must be included also.

Thanks!

longrider
Wed Jul 20th, 2016, 04:06 PM
The registration will get you a Colorado registration but you must get a duplicate Kansas title before a Colorado title will be issued. If the online system requires a Kansas DL you will need to call them to see what you need to do. I work in a dealer and this is straight from our title clerk. The good news is she said Kansas is fairly easy to work with compared to some states

j0ker
Wed Jul 20th, 2016, 04:34 PM
The registration will get you a Colorado registration but you must get a duplicate Kansas title before a Colorado title will be issued. If the online system requires a Kansas DL you will need to call them to see what you need to do. I work in a dealer and this is straight from our title clerk. The good news is she said Kansas is fairly easy to work with compared to some states

That is what I was afraid of. Thank you so much for checking with your title clerk Longrider!