PDA

View Full Version : Straps

seann137
Tue Aug 23rd, 2016, 01:38 PM
any of you guys using front straps? Are they bad for the forks or is it a non issue? Thinking picking some up for a zx10

j0ker
Wed Aug 24th, 2016, 11:42 AM
any of you guys using front straps? Are they bad for the forks or is it a non issue? Thinking picking some up for a zx10
I use em every time I move any of my bikes. No issues other than rubbing. I have padded motorcycle specific straps now, no more rubbing. Work great. Have used them several times on the ZX14.

Kim-n-Dean
Wed Aug 24th, 2016, 11:50 AM
I think he's talking about "tying" the front end down for drag race launches.

bulldog
Wed Aug 24th, 2016, 11:55 AM
I always use Canyon Dancers with my straps

http://images.motorcycle-superstore.com/productimages/300/0000-Canyon-Dancer-Bar-Harness-II-Black-MCSS.jpg

http://www.canyondancer.com/

blaircsf
Wed Aug 24th, 2016, 02:29 PM
I think he's talking about "tying" the front end down for drag race launches.

That's what I am thinking as well. As long as you don't over tighten the strap it won't load the forks anymore than aggressive braking would anyway. I'm not an expert on it, but I'm thinking it's as much about preventing the front forks from extending / unloading.

Kim-n-Dean
Wed Aug 24th, 2016, 03:08 PM
That's what I am thinking as well. As long as you don't over tighten the strap it won't load the forks anymore than aggressive braking would anyway. I'm not an expert on it, but I'm thinking it's as much about preventing the front forks from extending / unloading.
It's a very common thing for drag racers to do. Cars and motorcycles. MotoXers install a clamp that holds the front end compressed and after they launch, and the suspension gets squeezed, the clamp releases and you have full travel.

j0ker
Wed Aug 24th, 2016, 03:39 PM
I had no idea. :)

seann137
Wed Aug 24th, 2016, 06:33 PM
Ya, sorry. Guess I should have been more specific.

Meant strapping down down the front forks for drag runs

bulldog
Thu Aug 25th, 2016, 07:30 AM
Sorry, didn't even notice this was in the "drag" section. Oh well....Canyon Dancers still are great for regular towing :lol: