PDA

View Full Version : Does the CSC want to ride in Denver's St. Patrick's Day Parade this year?

Spiderman
Tue Jan 10th, 2017, 03:02 PM
After what happened last year (http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?54492-2016-St-Patrick-s-Day-Parade-What-s-going-on&p=779037&viewfull=1#post779037), I, personally, am kinda over the whole parade thing, but since I've been doing it since the beginning, that might just be me being selfish. That being said, the deadline to register is the end of January, and there is a limit of 10 vehicles per entry (if we have a truck in front, as we traditionally do, that would leave room for 9 bikes), so I figure I'd put it up for a vote.

bulldog
Tue Jan 10th, 2017, 03:10 PM
After what happened last year (http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?54492-2016-St-Patrick-s-Day-Parade-What-s-going-on&p=779037&viewfull=1#post779037), I, personally, am kinda over the whole parade thing, but since I've been doing it since the beginning, that might just be me being selfish. That being said, the deadline to register is the end of January, and there is a limit of 10 vehicles per entry (if we have a truck in front, as we traditionally do, that would leave room for 9 bikes), so I figure I'd put it up for a vote. Bob, I know you don't come around much anymore (nobody does), but if you have noticed this forum may have 10 members left total :lol:

DiddysR6
Tue Jan 10th, 2017, 03:49 PM
what happened last year ? and you never know people get that itch to come back.. maybe by the parade there will be 15 active users :)

madvlad
Tue Jan 10th, 2017, 04:28 PM
They always bitch about something every year and it's been more than obvious that they were looking for reasons to ban us. I honestly lost all interest after the shit they pulled. Also sucks cause kids and people in general liked seeing us there. Few friends of mine went to the one last season and said that a ton of people were bummed we weren't there but well given we can't even rev the engines without getting in trouble. Meh, I dk...

Spiderman
Tue Jan 10th, 2017, 04:53 PM
what happened last year ? and you never know people get that itch to come back.. maybe by the parade there will be 15 active users :)
There is a link in my original post:

... what happened last year (http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?54492-2016-St-Patrick-s-Day-Parade-What-s-going-on&p=779037&viewfull=1#post779037)...

bulldog
Wed Jan 11th, 2017, 07:16 AM
They always bitch about something every year and it's been more than obvious that they were looking for reasons to ban us. I honestly lost all interest after the shit they pulled. Also sucks cause kids and people in general liked seeing us there. Few friends of mine went to the one last season and said that a ton of people were bummed we weren't there but well given we can't even rev the engines without getting in trouble. Meh, I dk... Buddy, I got to disagree with you and point out that the clubs "actions" is what caused this; we got to take blame too. I am not a parent, but I could totally understand one being upset because a bunch of amateurs (they don't know and we never "stunt" test the members in the parade) are out there doing stunts during a crowded parade. One wrong burnout, just a slip of the brake lever, could seriously cause major disaster.

Anyways, before people start putting blame I think we all need to think about why we were banned last year and if we want to participate this year to make some changes....my suggestion is NO stunts. Burnouts, wheelies, stoppies, etc. I'd also make EVERY member wear a helmet at least (don't care how hot it is), but this is the message I'd like our club to show "we wear gear and take this sport serious". You would be amazed how changing "actions" can change how people view things :dunno:

~Barn~
Wed Jan 11th, 2017, 10:51 AM
The whole thing has a lot of moving parts to consider though... Is part of our participation in the parade to be emissaries to the public for "responsible" sportbike riders? Sure.
Is part of it to promote the CSC as a "club" and to enjoy the brief exposure? Yes.
Is part of it just for our own enjoyment and celebration? Of course.

I personally have always enjoyed the parade. I've taken my son in the back of the truck, I've ridden my motorcycles in it, I've enjoyed times celebrating with CSC families, and I've done my share of partying. I'd hate for the tradition to be lost though.

I'd say obviously no wheelies or stunts, or probably not even burnouts. Yes, a group of cops in a certain section of the parade may greenlight it, but word will probably get back to the parade committee. And yes... for the sake of self-accountability (thank you Nate), I probably shouldn't jump off the back of the truck to give shots of Fireball to girls along the parade route... No matter how good of an idea it may seem at the time.

#1Townie
Wed Jan 11th, 2017, 10:56 AM
not shots with girls? I'm out. lol!

on a lighter note this has been tons of fun for members and non members. I don't see why not. so what about last year. enjoy the offer and enjoy a good time. fuck politics and let's see some smiles.

just my thoughts on the situation.

mdub
Wed Jan 11th, 2017, 11:09 AM
did the broads show their :boobies:

bulldog
Wed Jan 11th, 2017, 11:27 AM
Without getting in to all the detail, every year, many people in the crowd want us to do wheelies and burnouts. In years past, we've been told to stop doing burnouts, by either the parade marshals and/or the Denver PD (I even got chased down and confronted by some cadets for doing an unsanctioned burnout in 2011 (http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?38490-St-Patty-s-Day-Parade-2011&p=548377#BobGotBusted)). One year, they told us (quite emphatically) when we arrived at the staging area, that we were not allowed to do any stunts. Another year, while a bunch of us were trying to do burnouts in front of the judges stand, a bunch of parade marshals came running out telling us all to stop.

None of that happened last year... not a single Denver Police Officer, or parade marshal, ever approached us and told us to stop doing burnouts... in fact, before I did my first burnout, I asked a Denver Police officer for permission, and he gave it to me. I think I did about 8 or 9 burnouts, and, for all but one of them, I asked for, and received permission from a Denver Police Officer. I canvased the other riders from last year, and the same is true for them (never told to stop, and many also asked for, and received, permission).

I'm guessing somebody complained, though, and apparently, the people who were supposed to tell us to stop (but didn't), changed their stories to cover their asses, because, according to the Parade Committee, we were told to stop, and we disobeyed... either that, or it was all a conspiracy to get us kicked out. See I read this statement and seems like for years we were told we could NOT do stunts (see red bolded statement)…..by the Denver PD and Parade Marshalls! I remember way back when Hoopty started these he was also confronted by the police and told to stop; that was like 2009! So then you guys continue to do them and then ask surprised they didn’t allow us to participate last year. WTF!!!

As if they didn’t allow it one year, but the next year they suddenly would….again common sense.

When did stunts become legal? Much less in a crowded public street filled with police. Why would someone think because they are ILLEGAL elsewhere that they would be allowed in a parade….isn’t this just common sense???? Just crazy how many times I’ve seen “stunters” bashed on the site for doing them in public areas, but when it comes to a public parade it suddenly isn’t that same….I don’t get it.

Bottom line is they can refuse our participation and nothing we can do about it…they are in charge. I believe if we cleaned things up and stopped the stunts they would be happy to have us back in the parade, but we have to prove it first. Problem is nobody on this board enforces this so it takes one rider to break the “no stunts” for them to see we did not make changes, so if we decide to participate I think we need EVERYONE on board.

If not continue on and then don’t act surprised when we are not invited…..life isn’t fair :lol:

~Barn~
Wed Jan 11th, 2017, 11:43 AM
Didn't read. You planning on signing up or not, Nate?

:D

bulldog
Wed Jan 11th, 2017, 12:07 PM
Didn't read. You planning on signing up or not, Nate?

:D
Heck no,I am too smart to take on that liability.,.....all for what, so a kid thinks I'm cool because I can stunt....naw :lol:

As a parent Barn I am a bit surprised you don't see it from that angle.

~Barn~
Wed Jan 11th, 2017, 01:20 PM
:lol: Dude.... It's a parade, not a tryout for the RedBull Circus. You don't even have a bike anyway, I was thinking you'd walk it and drink or sit in the back of the truck and drink. I'm pretty sure even you could come out of that mostly okay. :p

As a parent, I hope I never see whatever angle that was. :lol:

bulldog
Wed Jan 11th, 2017, 01:30 PM
:lol: Dude.... It's a parade, not a tryout for the RedBull Circus. You don't even have a bike anyway, I was thinking you'd walk it and drink or sit in the back of the truck and drink. I'm pretty sure even you could come out of that mostly okay. :p

As a parent, I hope I never see whatever angle that was. :lol: You get the point; plus I could buy a bike tomorrow cash. lol

So if I accidentally hit a kid I can tell the judge and the family "hey it was just a parade". Yeah right charges and a lawsuit will come...this is not just fun and games man.

The angle is a person in a parade losses control and hits your son badly injuring him or worse....do you excuse that because a a random cop ok'd a stunt...and you really think that cop will have your back in end. My guess is they will see it as a crime and prosecute. The person dies and vehicular manslaughter will be charged; I have a buddy who went away for two years for vehicle manslaughter when he killed someone in a wreck by negligence....happens more than you think

Naw not even down to sit in a car man...I never even did parade when I did have a bike...not my thing to sit and let me bike overheat or drink at 9am

Spiderman
Wed Jan 11th, 2017, 01:41 PM
I'd say obviously no wheelies or stunts, or probably not even burnouts.Definitely no wheelies, stunts, or even burnouts.

Yes, a group of cops in a certain section of the parade may greenlight it, but word will probably get back to the parade committee.That's essentially what happened 2 years ago.

See I read this statement and seems like for years we were told we could NOT do stunts (see red bolded statement)…..by the Denver PD and Parade Marshalls! I remember way back when Hoopty started these he was also confronted by the police and told to stop; that was like 2009! So then you guys continue to do them and then ask surprised they didn’t allow us to participate last year. WTF!!!

As if they didn’t allow it one year, but the next year they suddenly would….again common sense.

When did stunts become legal? Much less in a crowded public street filled with police. Why would someone think because they are ILLEGAL elsewhere that they would be allowed in a parade….isn’t this just common sense???? Just crazy how many times I’ve seen “stunters” bashed on the site for doing them in public areas, but when it comes to a public parade it suddenly isn’t that same….I don’t get it.

Bottom line is they can refuse our participation and nothing we can do about it…they are in charge. I believe if we cleaned things up and stopped the stunts they would be happy to have us back in the parade, but we have to prove it first. Problem is nobody on this board enforces this so it takes one rider to break the “no stunts” for them to see we did not make changes, so if we decide to participate I think we need EVERYONE on board.

If not continue on and then don’t act surprised when we are not invited…..life isn’t fair :lol:
I also said "Without getting in to all the detail"... we've been doing the parade since 2002, and for quite a few years, we were allowed to do burnouts and stunts (there was even a video of TV coverage showing Hoopty doing wheelies up and down the middle of the 2 lanes of bikes). And we won Motorcycle Entry of the year once, in a year where we were doing burnouts and stunts, as I recall.

What you said makes a lot of sense. The only issue I really had with what happened 2 years ago, were the discrepancies between what actually happened (we were given permission after asking), and what we were accused of (not complying with orders to stop... because that never happened). Since it was the police and parade marshals that had told us to stop in the past, I figured a policeman would be the person to ask for permission. Honestly, I didn't expect him to say "Yes".

It may have taken me longer to figure out this lesson than you, Nate, but, I now refer back to my reply to Barn, a little higher up in this post:

Definitely no wheelies, stunts, or even burnouts.

~Barn~
Wed Jan 11th, 2017, 01:51 PM

The Colorado Sportbike Club
Litigating hypothetical catastrophe for family focused public celebrations since 2015. (maybe earlier...)

bulldog
Wed Jan 11th, 2017, 01:54 PM
Definitely no wheelies, stunts, or even burnouts.

That's essentially what happened 2 years ago.

I also said "Without getting in to all the detail"... we've been doing the parade since 2002, and for quite a few years, we were allowed to do burnouts and stunts (there was even a video of TV coverage showing Hoopty doing wheelies up and down the middle of the 2 lanes of bikes). And we won Motorcycle Entry of the year once, in a year where we were doing burnouts and stunts, as I recall.

What you said makes a lot of sense. The only issue I really had with what happened 2 years ago, were the discrepancies between what actually happened (we were given permission after asking), and what we were accused of (not complying with orders to stop... because that never happened). Since it was the police and parade marshals that had told us to stop in the past, I figured a policeman would be the person to ask for permission. Honestly, I didn't expect him to say "Yes".

It may have taken me longer to figure out this lesson than you, Nate, but, I now refer back to my reply to Barn, a little higher up in this post:
Thanks for understanding Bob :up:

I know at least once Hoopty got talked to by police in those parades for stunting, so I guess it went back and forth. Overall Hoopty got pulled over for stunting on the road more than once, so he never seemed to care or understand it is about more than just "him" that could be affected.

I've learned this the hard way too man.....like I said I saw my best friends go to prison for killing my cousin in a car crash. Our family even testified we knew it was a accident and he should not get charged with vehicular manslaughter, but the New Mexico DA prosecuted him and he went away for two year at age 18!

But yeah, I agree let's do it then (well club, not me) if everyone is on board to keep it stunt free....I am sure that is all the parade committee is asking. Again it will take all on board because one person slips and that is all they will remember.

I get both ways, but it comes down to liability and no way can they allow that at a huge parade.

Overall, I think with no stunts then they would welcome us back. We may let down some kids, but maybe we can pass out some Jason Britton performance fliers so they can see a pro do it (who is insured).

bulldog
Wed Jan 11th, 2017, 01:57 PM
The Colorado Sportbike Club
Litigating hypothetical catastrophe for family focused public celebrations since 2015. (maybe earlier...)Expect the best, but prepare for the worse :dunno:

bulldog
Wed Jan 11th, 2017, 02:23 PM
Barn, let's look at the definition of Vehicular manslaughter and see what it says:
Vehicular homicide is a crime that involves the death of a person other than the driver as a result of either criminally negligent (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criminal_negligence) or murderous (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder) operation of a motor vehicle.
In cases of criminal negligence, the defendant is commonly charged with unintentional vehicular manslaughter.
The victim may be either a person not in the car with the offending motorist (such as a pedestrian, cyclist, or another motorist), or a passenger in the vehicle with the offender.[ (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vehicular_homicide#cite_note-Sacerdote-1)

Sounds to me this would fall right into that and you are crazy if you think a judge/DA would notgo for that charge either. Illegal stunting in a parade when you were told it was not allowed......go directly to jail and do not pass GO. :lol:

~Barn~
Wed Jan 11th, 2017, 03:14 PM
Yes, Nate, I know. I've been a passenger in a car with you and I buckled up, remember?
Swear, I understand operation of a vehicle resulting in another's death is a bad thing. No matter the circumstances.

I just thought you might enjoy being in a parade with the CSC, is all; having some laughs; riding in the truck bed, etc. If I thought all of this litigious mumbo was going to be the reason you declined though (the absence of a motorcycle notwithstanding), I maybe would have reconsidered.

God help us, but if Ralph (or whoever) drives his truck over somebody in the crowd and injures them, I sure hope all of us in the back of the truck can get a good lawyer to defend ourselves from liability.

bulldog
Wed Jan 11th, 2017, 03:23 PM
Yes, Nate, I know. I've been a passenger in a car with you and I buckled up, remember?
Swear, I understand operation of a vehicle resulting in another's death is a bad thing. No matter the circumstances.

I just thought you might enjoy being in a parade with the CSC, is all; having some laughs; riding in the truck bed, etc. If I thought all of this litigious mumbo was going to be the reason you declined though (the absence of a motorcycle notwithstanding), I maybe would have reconsidered.

God help us, but if Ralph (or whoever) drives his truck over somebody in the crowd and injures them, I sure hope all of us in the back of the truck can get a good lawyer to defend ourselves from liability.
You mean with the entire 4 people who have voted so far........face it CSC is dead and will never be like the old days! :lol:

Thanks for the offer, but I have never participated in the parade, bike or no bike, as just not my thing. I'm married to my best friend so I don't have to go far :) And believe me I lectured Hoopty on this back in the days too as I never thought it was worth the risk and still do not.

Sorry just was asked for my opinion and gave it....nobody can cry we didn't do this to ourselves.

If Ralph decides to do some wheelies or burnouts in his truck then you better worry. I already know Ralph is too smart to risk that though.

~Barn~
Wed Jan 11th, 2017, 03:23 PM
We're lucky this girl didn't sue Grim.2 for almost burning her!

https://gkioxg-dm2305.files.1drv.com/y3pmy4nzPUcv0wLEwlSwSfWLZXzqs7l1r3kNpgyGCaP4no7liZ 0PSyTmMFdyxK38edKaBPc6e2kzw-UVwa-0zGz1jxA_45xT2ix5DrSYPBkI7HM3p1YzP88P9k8fYZNmUGzXL kgnX8G6DPXL7Mj32nGpoJi6fXacaAr6RysuH-2kgo/P3162936.JPG?psid=1

https://gkioxg-dm2305.files.1drv.com/y3puqQS3uz2hRow2KXTxVaULuTiDjDsRmg69ejBagOAh1mSx4L Veulqt1r9qu4LIAGWmfC-i_VpXoEuONk-icaBkRypx-_SKsNFnQxssarJ9NoRxhBln9wEqz-sFsMB0cBUhTLhYm-QZyEfALBr-cz2S2Sma8m47JznxWAEOGld0mo/P3162937.JPG?psid=1

~Barn~
Wed Jan 11th, 2017, 03:27 PM
These people also look suspect. I think the girl with the clipboard might be a committee spy.

https://gkioxg-dm2305.files.1drv.com/y3p5N5ehMTzDZlKuHmwB6BRKgltBRbWz0F5hajNoNPbBic3gwr RiNmxXRveE8nToq8uyLtbyN-rEMqPQoFuCN0el1M9nw2UZR4xnbpwRAOUEhnm3eWAyM0Lt0in0 8yy6ZOwQaRbmTJPq3ty2kCoQ0LGsfCr9B2GC_0N1F9OKYF7Jnc/P3162888.JPG?psid=1

https://gkioxg-dm2305.files.1drv.com/y3pv08LGQ4luolyEKKzeXdZ-ukFb0l91yXzjYBqEzFKMCmdIHC2KzVD39OQh1IkLv7N1nKEA8k S_L1mswUGTRO_WH9uWl6-sYMPh6FZsk9M8E3cMONhU9CK5jYoLhShgNrMmHgNwVaM26yREh _XJ0oyO-Q_Tt6rxPAkzAh0_YS1Qaw/P3162887.JPG?psid=1

bulldog
Wed Jan 11th, 2017, 03:32 PM
Where are all those people? Not here on CSC anymore :lol:

~Barn~
Wed Jan 11th, 2017, 03:33 PM
Wait! What?! Jumping on a trampoline WHILE on a moving vehicle. Looks to me like these girls need to have a word or two with somebody who can talk them about their insurance coverage!

https://gkioxg-dm2305.files.1drv.com/y3pK-AczFoDSGI8Ujyki5cJDgfG0ZzqOSZ0QRRYlDDFcm2p_jkqClS8 vZVwIb9sMmkPpkNN47SCOaDX2c0LryloqNXRYQIPy7oV7s2-MtaC8HWFWBQJ7zbultznZeRNhJflR1mojHfNOlq8ZFNAJOPGhb uMw-IE7B7fbSzibiKIhUY/P3162856.JPG?psid=1

https://gkioxg-dm2305.files.1drv.com/y3p3eT3fMOEgCPRUuUQkTg9YpCIkVej_bz11pe1WDw8I3InIwt omv02QI17iXqMeNsIXlyZdI1FrEVbDrUZsvd7ACS6m6N3vyU0a KExl6T-4VdV6BJ-YtSnIA9VpJE7CCWevhYDuHU0cfh7yhsjbs0KruLCW1p7uv0icA Bws7qd9WM/P3162857.JPG?psid=1

~Barn~
Wed Jan 11th, 2017, 03:33 PM
Where are all those people? Not here on CSC anymore :lol:

www.facebook.com

bulldog
Wed Jan 11th, 2017, 03:36 PM
www.facebook.com (http://www.facebook.com) Yup, not here!

I guess you think you are being funny with your pics....no problem, when it happens don't complain you were not warned. I watched my best friend go off to prison for this and that was enough for me. Some of us just learn faster man.

~Barn~
Wed Jan 11th, 2017, 03:46 PM
I'm just saying man, it's not all doom & gloom. It's a parade and Bob's trying to put it out here (ironically enough) for people like you who ARE still here on the CSC and who and likely wouldn't see it through any other means or other web site! I'd say it's a courtesy no matter who his audience here may be!

But if you're not down, you're not down - I get it - you have concerns. Fair. But the CSC hasn't ever done anything egregious or directly in conflict to what the local route cops or parade folks have told us. Villany needs some sort of track record and we don't have it, and I can't wait until "we" decide to try this again; this next one or any one in the future.

~Barn~
Wed Jan 11th, 2017, 03:47 PM
Honestly I'm just trying to raise my post count.

~Barn~
Wed Jan 11th, 2017, 03:52 PM
This only works if you reply.

bornwildnfree
Wed Jan 11th, 2017, 03:58 PM
I think we should also make it a dry parade. While having alcohol is fun, and it is St. Paddy's day, I have no desire to have another bruise on my arm because Barn got too drunk and tried to pick a fight.

~Barn~
Wed Jan 11th, 2017, 04:16 PM
Speaking of liability... :lol:

King Nothing
Wed Jan 11th, 2017, 05:02 PM
I'm gonna do so many burnouts.

The Black Knight
Wed Jan 11th, 2017, 08:05 PM
We're lucky this girl didn't sue Grim.2 for almost burning her!

https://gkioxg-dm2305.files.1drv.com/y3pmy4nzPUcv0wLEwlSwSfWLZXzqs7l1r3kNpgyGCaP4no7liZ 0PSyTmMFdyxK38edKaBPc6e2kzw-UVwa-0zGz1jxA_45xT2ix5DrSYPBkI7HM3p1YzP88P9k8fYZNmUGzXL kgnX8G6DPXL7Mj32nGpoJi6fXacaAr6RysuH-2kgo/P3162936.JPG?psid=1

https://gkioxg-dm2305.files.1drv.com/y3puqQS3uz2hRow2KXTxVaULuTiDjDsRmg69ejBagOAh1mSx4L Veulqt1r9qu4LIAGWmfC-i_VpXoEuONk-icaBkRypx-_SKsNFnQxssarJ9NoRxhBln9wEqz-sFsMB0cBUhTLhYm-QZyEfALBr-cz2S2Sma8m47JznxWAEOGld0mo/P3162937.JPG?psid=1

O.k. Did this girl crap and/or piss herself? Pic number 1 leads me to think there was an accident that caused some sort of staining on the shorts, nalgas and legs lol!! I mean even with all that going on, she looks hot(from the back) but what the hell is going on with her britches?? Either way, I think she left that seat a little greasy...

#1Townie
Wed Jan 11th, 2017, 09:03 PM
well this is going downhill. lol

easy killers. the past is the past.

bulldog
Thu Jan 12th, 2017, 07:22 AM
well this is going downhill. lol

easy killers. the past is the past. :oops: You're right. Ok, I apologize guys.....just got all happy to have some activity.

Past is past so we got to move forward :up:

Bob, I really do appreciate you posting this and organizing it each year :)

bulldog
Thu Jan 12th, 2017, 08:14 AM
I'm gonna do so many burnouts. You better start practicing now because I heard burnouts are super hard and nobody is considered a real stunter till you can master that super hard stunt. Holding that brake and twisting the throttle seems like it would take years to master...mad skills man!!!!! :bow: :lol:

On a serious note, this is exactly what I mean....takes one "funny" guy to decide he is going to go against the rules and go and do one stunt then we will be banned again next year and ruin it for everyone. Just saying...... :dunno:

Spiderman
Thu Jan 12th, 2017, 11:31 AM
Bob, I really do appreciate you posting this and organizing it each year :):up:

On a serious note, this is exactly what I mean....takes one "funny" guy to decide he is going to go against the rules and go and do one stunt then we will be banned again next year and ruin it for everyone. Just saying...... :dunno:Dude... we're talking about Doug. :lol:

bulldog
Thu Jan 12th, 2017, 11:37 AM
:up:

Dude... we're talking about Doug. :lol: Yeah I know it is Doug, but the point still stands and was not directed to him in particular. The fact is if everyone is not on board then we may get banned again because takes one incident. This is why I voted "no" because it won't work when a bunch of guys with egos are going to be tempted by people and have no repercussions (may take a cop giving out a 12 point ticket finally).....then bring in alcohol......slim chance everyone will behave. :lol:

Again I am not attending so this is just a opinion and ideas how it could be improved:D

P.S. Isn't Doug, Bertha's brother (or is that Notto)! That right there is enough to make me question his judgment...I mean Bertha took naked pictures on a sportbike and then also busted his ass on a mini-bike at a CSC picnic :lol: Just kidding...actually miss you guys

Spiderman
Thu Jan 12th, 2017, 01:46 PM
P.S. Isn't Doug, Bertha's brotherYes

That right there is enough to make me question his judgment...I mean Bertha took naked pictures on a sportbike and then also busted his ass on a mini-bike at a CSC picnic :lol: Good point... :think:

Nolan
Fri Jan 13th, 2017, 01:13 AM
The only safe way.
http://i1364.photobucket.com/albums/r739/NolanL1/image_zps3avoadb2.jpg (http://s1364.photobucket.com/user/NolanL1/media/image_zps3avoadb2.jpg.html)

j0ker
Fri Jan 13th, 2017, 08:26 AM
The only safe way.
http://i1364.photobucket.com/albums/r739/NolanL1/image_zps3avoadb2.jpg (http://s1364.photobucket.com/user/NolanL1/media/image_zps3avoadb2.jpg.html)
I would wheelie the shit outta this thing

salsashark
Fri Jan 13th, 2017, 09:00 AM
I would wheelie the shit outta this thing

Hopefully with some killer burnouts...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJMWWE9C9aU

Mr2GQ
Fri Jan 13th, 2017, 10:47 AM
This only works if you reply.

:pointlaugh:

FZRguy
Sat Jan 14th, 2017, 07:51 PM
Enter as a float, have the Newton's molest an R1...naked.

mdub
Sat Jan 14th, 2017, 08:28 PM
Enter as a float, have the Newton's molest an R1...naked.

Thats a a great idea . Let's create a float and we can be on it or walk along with it.

FZRguy
Sun Jan 15th, 2017, 10:16 AM
Flatbed trailer? Decorate it, toss candy to the kids. Strap a burnout bike to the trailer. Maybe that would be deemed safe?

j0ker
Sun Jan 15th, 2017, 01:19 PM
Flatbed trailer? Decorate it, toss candy to the kids. Strap a burnout bike to the trailer. Maybe that would be deemed safe?
That honestly sounds fun.

Owen_R6
Mon Jan 16th, 2017, 03:49 PM
Long time no talk, everyone...

I'm always game to hang out...if we're doin it i could join :)

Spiderman
Tue Jan 17th, 2017, 12:42 PM
... toss candy to the kids.
Tossing candy/anything to the crowd is not allowed.

bulldog
Tue Jan 17th, 2017, 01:14 PM
Tossing candy/anything to the crowd is not allowed. Here is a link the the 2017 Parade Rules

http://www.denverstpatricksdayparade.com/library/2017/Parade_Day_Rules_2017.pdf

Looks like candy cannot be thrown, but it can be handed out:

1. As a safety precaution, no candy or other objects shall be thrown from parade unit. Items may behanded to children and other parade spectators by persons walking along the sides of the parade unit

Here is one for Barn to answer his "keg" question he brings up EVERY year :lol:
4. Drinking of alcohol by parade entrants is not permitted anywhere along the parade route.

FZRguy
Tue Jan 17th, 2017, 08:04 PM
I'd hate to put someone's eye out WITH A PIECE OF CANDY?! We'll have our own parade where we have BB gun fights, shoot fireworks, jump Stingray bicycles without helmets, and eat PBJ on white bread. :lol:

Captain Obvious
Tue Jan 17th, 2017, 10:29 PM
Christ, don't tell the people at Mardi Gras about the safety issues of throwing shit during a parade.

Gramps
Wed Jan 18th, 2017, 06:31 AM
I'd hate to put someone's eye out WITH A PIECE OF CANDY?! We'll have our own parade where we have BB gun fights, shoot fireworks, jump Stingray bicycles without helmets, and eat PBJ on white bread. :lol:

:lol:

bulldog
Wed Jan 18th, 2017, 07:14 AM
All it takes nowadays is one lawsuit....sucks, but all this has definitely changed things!

As a kid best part about a parade was about grabbing candy when it was tossed....you know one kid got hit in the eye and a parent sued and that was the end of it!

I freak about about fighting nowadays in schools. Back in my days you went to the principals office and he/she figured out who started it and there was a certain point to "self defense". Nowadays it seems like a kid should sit and take a beating because if they hit back they get charged by the police. Sheesh, what happened to kids learning life lessons.

Basically this is what it is all about.....they don't want to get a lawsuit for a motorcycle wreck, candy in someone's eye, etc so instead they just make things lame.....and in this case if we don't play by their rules they deny our application and don't let us play at all.

Spiderman
Thu Jan 19th, 2017, 04:48 PM
This may be obvious to some of you already, but for those that don't know...

As it was explained to me, it has nothing to do with "taking an eye out with a piece of candy", it's if the candy falls short of the crowd (i.e. lands on the parade side of the barrier, just out of reach), and a child squeezes through/around/under/over the barrier to get the candy, and gets injured as a result (presumably by a parade vehicle/animal).

As Nate eluded to, it's all about keeping the liability to a manageable level, and minimizing the risk for everyone involved (specifically the spectators, it seems). This has a byproduct of taking some of the fun out of it (especially when every 30-50 feet, there's someone yelling for us to pull a wheelie or do a burnout).

Nolan
Fri Jan 20th, 2017, 07:18 AM
Just do like the shriners, get minis, full leathers, and start dragging knees.
That's about the most fun the parade will be.

Gramps
Fri Jan 20th, 2017, 08:36 AM
That's about the most fun the parade will be.

This actually sounds like a fun idea.

bulldog
Fri Jan 20th, 2017, 09:06 AM
That's about the most fun the parade will be. Yeah actually sounds like a awesome idea.....how funny and how much attention would it bring with a bunch of mini-bikes and grown men/women in leather on them. Nobody at the parade needs to know some can go 60mph+ :lol:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_317EFJNTJ7s/TU1-PXBDcTI/AAAAAAAAAEU/is9gj7jBXMw/s1600/Mini+Motorcycle+and+mini+bikes+-+A+great+deal+at+low+cost+%252C+MOTORCYCLE+SPORTY+ %25286%2529.jpg

bulldog
Fri Jan 20th, 2017, 09:08 AM
Oh damn.......Shriners even stuntin in parade.

We can make a cool CSC hat like these guys :lol:

http://bloximages.newyork1.vip.townnews.com/stltoday.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/0/55/055db42b-b0aa-546a-a7d8-11b5b957b1f4/4f70c16307161.image.jpg

Nolan
Fri Jan 20th, 2017, 11:53 AM
Will my pw50 be ok? I'm not cool enough to have a pocket rocket. Probably the reason I got divorced.

Id change my vote to do that. Or let someone borrow mine if needed.

Okrapp
Fri Jan 20th, 2017, 06:50 PM
Oh, man. Does anybody rent minibikes? That does sound fun. :up:

FZRguy
Sun Jan 22nd, 2017, 08:25 PM
I'd do it too, but where we gonna get 10+ pocket bikes?

Gramps
Wed Jan 25th, 2017, 09:03 PM
Amazon

Spiderman
Tue Jan 31st, 2017, 06:19 PM
Will my pw50 be ok?
Only if you can provide proof of insurance if asked.

Nolan
Tue Jan 31st, 2017, 07:15 PM
Guess I'll have talk to my agent.

Owen_R6
Fri Feb 3rd, 2017, 12:11 AM
You can pick up a 40cc for about 325 on amazon (i'm diggin the black and pink)

https://www.amazon.com/XtremepowerUS-4-Stroke-Pocket-Motorcycle-Certificated/dp/B01N2TOJBV/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1486105745&sr=8-13&keywords=pocket+bike

Spiderman
Fri Feb 10th, 2017, 11:49 AM
You can pick up a 40cc for about 325 on amazon (i'm diggin the black and pink)

https://www.amazon.com/XtremepowerUS-4-Stroke-Pocket-Motorcycle-Certificated/dp/B01N2TOJBV/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1486105745&sr=8-13&keywords=pocket+bike
Maybe we should all get one of them to ride in the parade with - that would be funny! :lol: