PDA

View Full Version : 2017 St. Patrick's Day Parade Sign-Up Thread

Spiderman
Fri Feb 24th, 2017, 04:41 PM
Penalty served (http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?54492-2016-St-Patrick-s-Day-Parade-What-s-going-on&p=779037&viewfull=1#post779037) :oops:, now it's time to get back in the saddle again! The 2017 Denver St. Patrick's Day Parade takes place on Saturday, March 11th!

Once again, a huge THANK YOU to our long-standing, and returning sponsor, TFOG Whelsports (http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?32167-***-CLUB-SPONSORS-***&p=458518#post458518), who has (once again), stepped up to sponsor our entry in the parade!
:applause:

:bow: http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/images/sponsors/TFOG.jpg (http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?32167-***-CLUB-SPONSORS-***&p=458518#post458518)

If you've never ridden in the parade, this is definitely something you have to experience at least once (or so I've heard ;) )!

Fine-print stuff, but important, nonetheless:

There will not be a commemorative t-shirt this year, so there is no cost to participate (our entry has been paid by TFOG!). If you have a commemorative t-shirt from a previous parade, you are more than welcome to wear it!

We will have some water, and possibly some Gatorade (or similar), to help keep you hydrated before/during the parade, .

We will not be supplying any alcohol (that doesn't mean you can't bring your own, just please be responsible). The consumption of alcohol is not permitted anywhere along the parade route.

If you want to ride in the parade, you must be able to provide proof of insurance - parade marshals may be asking for it. If you can't provide it, you will not be allowed to participate in the parade.

Here is the official list of parade rules (http://www.denverstpatricksdayparade.com/parade-info/parade-day-rules).

Also, since we were banned from participating last year, because we did burnouts the year before:
****** No burnouts or stunting of any kind will be tolerated******

Now that that's out of the way...

We are limited to 10 vehicles (1 truck up front, with our banner + 9 bikes), so...
Sign-Up will be on a "first-come, first-served" basis (with a backup/reserve list, if necessary)

How to Sign-Up:

Reply to this thread & I will add your name to the Master List (below).
The back of the truck is reserved primarily for family members of participants (e.g. little kids), but space is limited - please specify how many spots you will need. If there is still room, we will consider letting other members participate in the parade by riding in the back of the truck.
Complete details will be distributed via PM to registered participants.
We usually meet for breakfast first, then ride to the pre-staging area together. Details will be sent via PM.

The Master List

bornwildnfree (in the truck up front)
Spiderman
Snazzy
NUTZ
TorchRedCorvette
DICK
Arcane Trickster
Grim2.0
sam38a1
?

The Backup/Reserve List

?

Snazzy
Fri Feb 24th, 2017, 04:52 PM
I am in! So I can ride my bike in the parade??

Spiderman
Fri Feb 24th, 2017, 04:56 PM
I am in! So I can ride my bike in the parade??
Yes, as long as you can provide proof of insurance.

Snazzy
Fri Feb 24th, 2017, 05:01 PM
Yes my bike has full coverage and so do I :) taking the street bike, zx10r

NUTZ
Fri Feb 24th, 2017, 05:04 PM
IN

madvlad
Fri Feb 24th, 2017, 05:41 PM
If I'm not out of state working I'll most likely make it. I'll check back as we near the date and see if there are any spots open. Be cool to attend this one final time. Thanks a ton again for stepping up TFOG!

TorchRedCorvette
Fri Feb 24th, 2017, 08:47 PM
I'm in! 😆

bornwildnfree
Fri Feb 24th, 2017, 09:39 PM
DICK and I are in.

Heater
Fri Feb 24th, 2017, 10:43 PM
Ack! Camping that weekend. Have fun for us!!!

Arcane Trickster
Sat Feb 25th, 2017, 04:35 AM
I'd like to participate. Thanks, Bob!

Grim2.0
Sat Feb 25th, 2017, 09:03 PM
Count Me in!!

sam38a1
Sun Feb 26th, 2017, 07:48 PM
I would like to join. Thanks Sam

Spiderman
Tue Feb 28th, 2017, 12:53 PM
The list has been updated. All slots are filled. Anybody still interested will be placed on the Backup/Reserve list.

bulldog
Tue Feb 28th, 2017, 01:07 PM
I'm more amazed those 10 people on the list even still come on this site....because they aren't posting on it :dunno:

Spiderman
Tue Feb 28th, 2017, 01:32 PM
I'm more amazed those 10 people on the list even still come on this site....because they aren't posting on it :dunno:
They may have been lured here by the link I posted on the CSC Facebook page...

bulldog
Tue Feb 28th, 2017, 01:36 PM
They may have been lured here by the link I posted on the CSC Facebook page... Well you may want to think of changing the banner held in the parade to the Facebook address then...represent accordingly. :lol:

JK, but would be nice if more people contributed to the site and posted so we could get it back to how it was years ago.....before places like Facebook had to take over forums....soon CSC will just be a Twitter feed :dunno:

madvlad
Tue Feb 28th, 2017, 02:28 PM
I'll join you guys for breakfast regardless, see you then!

TorchRedCorvette
Wed Mar 1st, 2017, 06:47 PM
I log in and check every now and then... but it's been so quiet I kinda gave up. :/
I was going to try to get the pickinick going last year but there just wasn't a lot of interest. It is sad, I miss the CSC of a handful of years ago.

madvlad
Wed Mar 1st, 2017, 09:27 PM
Definitely miss the old days of the CSC :(

~Barn~
Thu Mar 2nd, 2017, 08:11 AM
I'm in for breakfast, too.

Grim2.0
Thu Mar 2nd, 2017, 11:45 AM
I would post more, but with my upgrade in position at my work I am literally on the road all the damn time and just don't have time, i've driven to Laramie Wyoming, Grand Junction, Farmington New Mexico, Durango, Cortez, level, Co Springs, Greeley, Center Co, Monte Vista, and Alanosa, multiple times all in the last 3 weeks. I'm looking forward to being in the parade again!!!

madvlad
Tue Mar 7th, 2017, 05:41 AM
There's a good chance I'm going to COTA this weekend so I'm most likely out ladies and gentlemen but have fun, should be decent weather.

Gramps
Tue Mar 7th, 2017, 05:46 PM
There's a good chance I'm going to COTA this weekend so I'm most likely out ladies and gentlemen but have fun, should be decent weather.

Are you riding? I'll be there as well but I just looked and it says the day is sold out.

madvlad
Tue Mar 7th, 2017, 07:46 PM
Nah, helping a friend out. He's the one doing the track day, I wish I could haha. Someday. What are you riding out there?

Spiderman
Wed Mar 8th, 2017, 05:15 PM
I was just informed that one spot opened up, so if you're interested in riding, let me know ASAP!

I'm in for breakfast, too.
Breakfast will be at the usual Village Inn (on 48th, near I-25), around 8:15-8:30.
We'll be leaving for the staging area at 9:45.

Gramps
Thu Mar 9th, 2017, 07:24 AM
Nah, helping a friend out. He's the one doing the track day, I wish I could haha. Someday. What are you riding out there?

I'm taking the Kawi track bike.

bulldog
Thu Mar 9th, 2017, 08:13 AM
I'm taking the Kawi track bike. Will that work since they are requiring proof of insurance?

You may have insurance on the track bike, so no big deal. Just saying since would suck to get there and be denied for that, so keep it in mind :)

madvlad
Thu Mar 9th, 2017, 10:12 AM
He's going to COTA nate lol, not the parade :lol:

bulldog
Thu Mar 9th, 2017, 10:14 AM
He's going to COTA nate lol, not the parade :lol: Ooops, my bad...stay on topic then guys......lol....just kidding.

COTA is way better than the parade anyways....lucky guys!

Spiderman
Thu Mar 9th, 2017, 10:43 AM
C'mon, Nate! :slap:

Pay attention! :lol:

bulldog
Thu Mar 9th, 2017, 11:03 AM
C'mon, Nate! :slap:

Pay attention! :lol: Hey I've never rode a track in Texas, so took me a minute to realize they were talking about a track and not a Certified Occupational Therapist Assistant like that acronym is used in my work field. Then I thought, COTA, the cancer institute, maybe Children's Organ Transplant Association? You people and your acronyms :lol:

madvlad
Thu Mar 9th, 2017, 12:11 PM
:lol:

Gramps
Thu Mar 9th, 2017, 01:23 PM
Hey I've never rode a track in Texas, so took me a minute to realize they were talking about a track and not a Certified Occupational Therapist Assistant like that acronym is used in my work field. Then I thought, COTA, the cancer institute, maybe Children's Organ Transplant Association? You people and your acronyms :lol:

"you people" ?????????

You do realize you are posting on a sport bike forum right?:lol:

Do you even ride????? :lol:

bulldog
Thu Mar 9th, 2017, 01:53 PM
"you people" ?????????

You do realize you are posting on a sport bike forum right?:lol:

Do you even ride????? :lol: As in you "acronym" using people ;) All the big wigs at my work use these too and I feel it is just to sound smart. "Hey Nate what is the ETA on that report." wtf...you mean when will it be done......

Took me years to realize when my work talks about MD's it is not a medical doctor, but a medical director. For years I was amazed how many people were doctors that work with me :lol:

COTA = Circuit of the Americas

And do you realize this is a thread on the St Patrick Day parade...so I just figured you were talking about the bike you were riding in.

Do I ride?????......I ride the wife almost nightly :hump:

P.S. Do you even lift Gramps :D
Had to throw this in since it is a buff grandpa
http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/ae/aed8e8d788823d47a52030a2c72d802e2d9f700eddf8e794a9 2e8461ba34f13a.jpg