PDA

View Full Version : Motorcycle moving options

Gramps
Wed Mar 8th, 2017, 04:42 PM
I got a friend who called me for an opinion on freight companies or motorcycle transporters. He is buying a bike in MO and wants to get it to CO. It's an r9T if that matters.

I remember there was a post recently from someone about someone local that they recommended.

Who has done it and can you give me some options?

salsashark
Wed Mar 8th, 2017, 10:01 PM
My recommendation is to have the buyer and seller work through their local BMW dealer. They're going to know who to use and who not to. I did this when I bought my Buell from a dealer in Wisconsin. It arrived without a scratch.

Contrarily, when I moved from DC to Charleston, the movers packed my Tuono in with my house stuff and broke the rear turn signals off... Not a major issue, but it was obvious they had no idea what they were doing. Moving from Charleston to Denver, I did the same thing and the Tuono arrived unscathed... Judging from how much of the rest of my stuff got jacked up, it's a miracle the bike made it at all, let alone unharmed!

FZRguy
Thu Mar 9th, 2017, 05:40 PM
The AMA endorses and offers a discount to members who use Federal Motorcycle Transport. 877-518-7376

markosme4
Wed Sep 20th, 2017, 01:40 AM
I used haulbikes.com two years ago and had no issue with their service.