PDA

View Full Version : Dunlop Sportmax Q3's

thankgod
Thu Mar 30th, 2017, 06:02 PM
Anyone riding on these currently? I just want to know if they are worth the money. I've usually put the Q2's on me bike but they have been discontinued, and I loved them! Very Sticky! and the harder compound in the middle made for long lasting tires on straight highway rides. Let me know what you think or if you have other suggestions! Thanks. :headbang:

Nolan
Fri Mar 31st, 2017, 04:02 AM
Just saw that a q3+ is coming out.... I have no personal experience with them. I usually roll on Michelin.

matt2778
Fri Mar 31st, 2017, 12:40 PM
I have them on my street triple and zx10r. I'm usually a pirelli guy but so far I've been pleased. Did a couple track days on both bikes tire held up fine

asp_125
Fri Mar 31st, 2017, 10:59 PM
Dunno about the Q3s either. I ran Q2s until the switch to Pilot Road 3's and now Pilot Road 4's.

madvlad
Sat Apr 1st, 2017, 10:35 AM
Just put a set of Q3 on the Ducati and while I haven't tested them fully but they seem grippy and good overall. Had a set of PR4 before hand and was rather unimpressed with the longevity they so claimed which wasn't even close. Have pushed more mileage out of their single compound PP on the R1.

markosme4
Thu Sep 21st, 2017, 08:52 PM
I just installed my Q3's last month. Bought them because I got a nice discount at 4WO|Truck parts (http://4wheelonline.com) &Motorcycle. So far, dry grip is impressive. They are very sticky in the twisties, and handle wet roads just fine.

madvlad
Fri Sep 22nd, 2017, 05:46 AM
Took the Ducati out to the track this past weekend and the Q3's did very well. No complaints at all, plenty of confidence under heavy braking/trailbraking, good overall stability and grip on the turn and also while on the gas exiting the apex.They didn't get torn too bad either. Pretty happy with them so far. About 1,000 miles into them and still show pretty good life still. Yes, I know people will say "well yeah it's 1,000 miles" some tires are 50% worn at 1,000 depending on the tire and mainly on these softer compounded tires.

Aaron
Fri Sep 22nd, 2017, 05:25 PM
Ya but you were doing like 3:25 lap times.

madvlad
Fri Sep 22nd, 2017, 06:32 PM
Ya but you were doing like 3:25 lap times.

Kind of hard to put down decent times when everyone was running off the track and riding erratically lol.

Aaron
Fri Sep 22nd, 2017, 07:23 PM
Ya because you were taking up the whole track and throwing the boat anchor out every time you got bear a bend.

madvlad
Sat Sep 23rd, 2017, 04:32 AM
Well they were running off in front of me, not behind me :lol: