PDA

View Full Version : New sprocket set

j0ker
Sun Jul 2nd, 2017, 07:56 PM
I need to get a new sprocket set and most likely a new chain for the Ninja. Are there any brand you guys can recommend? My last sprocket set did not perform as well as I would have liked.

madvlad
Sun Jul 2nd, 2017, 08:10 PM
Whatever you do don't get aluminium ones, steel sprockets and stick to the OEM specs on chain thickness, granted you can gear to whatever you want based on your liking. The typical 520 conversion while it saves you a bit of weight but it also risks and lowers durability, not worth it in my opinion. As far as brands not sure.

j0ker
Sun Jul 2nd, 2017, 09:02 PM
Good advice right there. My last sprocket was.... aluminium. I thought I would try it out. It didn't last for shit.

Aaron
Sun Jul 2nd, 2017, 09:57 PM
#1 mechanical failure out there is chain/sprocket related. Go OEM like madvlad said.

texlurch
Mon Jul 3rd, 2017, 05:54 AM
Best combo of weight/strength is the Supersprox type: lightweight center with steel teeth. Stay with the brand names on the chain, not the cheapest Ebay deal. X-ring or 0-ring.

j0ker
Mon Jul 3rd, 2017, 07:32 AM
Appreciate the feedback guys.

markosme4
Fri Sep 8th, 2017, 03:39 AM
If you are looking for a good quality, try Vortex.

j0ker
Fri Sep 8th, 2017, 07:50 AM
If you are looking for a good quality, try Vortex.

I wound up going with some steel vortex and am very happy.

madvlad
Fri Sep 8th, 2017, 08:37 AM
Just keep up with your maintenance on them and they will last you a good while. The OEM set on my old gixxer went at 24,000 cause I kept up with it religiously and then the steel vortex set I put on there after the fact was still good with minor wear signs when I got rid of it around 60k.