PDA

View Full Version : Test Photobucket 3rd Party Linking

bulldog
Wed Jul 19th, 2017, 09:59 AM
Got an email I now have to pay for 3rd party linking I have used for years.....damn $400 a year now!!!

Photobucket replaces millions of images with 'ransom demand' (http://www.csoonline.com/article/3205765/internet/photobucket-replaced-millions-of-images-with-ransom-demand.html)
Test Image:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v257/bulldog420/F4IandIndy020.jpg

Kim-n-Dean
Wed Jul 19th, 2017, 11:14 AM
Fuckin' bullshit!! I've been procrastinating about getting PhotoBucket ever since Comcast shut off their personal website feature a year or so ago (and kept billing me the same every month). Now PB wants $400/year! Totally not worth it for someone like me who only needs hosting every now-and-then to sell something. It'd be cheaper to get your own domain and run it from your house.

bulldog
Wed Jul 19th, 2017, 11:17 AM
Fuckin' bullshit!! I've been procrastinating about getting PhotoBucket ever since Comcast shut off their personal website feature a year or so ago (and kept billing me the same every month). Now PB wants $400/year! Totally not worth it for someone like me who only needs hosting every now-and-then to sell something. It'd be cheaper to get your own domain and run it from your house. Yeah such BS and people are pissed....my opinion is this may be the end of PB as who can afford $400 a year for this. Tons of Amazon and Ebay sellers now have pictures that do not work.

I did sign the petition; not sure it will help: https://www.change.org/p/photobucket-reverse-the-photobucket-third-party-rule

On the good note my image is still there, but I received the email yesterday from PB, so maybe it is just a matter of time before they apply it.

asp_125
Wed Jul 19th, 2017, 12:11 PM
Funny how similar this sounds. PhotoF*ckit...

bulldog
Wed Jul 19th, 2017, 12:28 PM
Funny how similar this sounds. PhotoF*ckit... True...and basically how I feel about them now :lol: PB has just went downhill in the last few years; started out they slammed so many ads into their pages it loaded so slowly. Then they started to put adds in the actual image sections, every time I open PB I got a ad to upgrade my account, then if you tried to use a "Adblock" you could not use the site. I'm all for ads and helping out the company, but do we have to slam like 6+ adds on every page and go overboard!

Then seriously $400 dollars to link pics now! I could see like $5 bucks a month or something, but that is crazy for the common PB user. $33 bucks a month! Hell I get spotify for $9.99 and use that way more!

#1Townie
Wed Jul 19th, 2017, 07:42 PM
wait wait wait.... Photobucket is going to hold my photos for ransom? these mother fuckers!

Aaron
Thu Jul 20th, 2017, 08:22 AM
I just deleted my PB account, I hope you all do too. Sucks that all of my threads just lost their photos.

#1Townie
Thu Jul 20th, 2017, 05:04 PM
hopefully I have enough time this weekend to save my good photos. I have like 4k photos with two accounts.

longrider
Fri Jul 21st, 2017, 06:38 AM
hopefully I have enough time this weekend to save my good photos. I have like 4k photos with two accounts.

Your Photobucket account is not going away, only the ability to hotlink the photos to another website. Everything will still be there when you go to photobucket.com.

#1Townie
Fri Jul 21st, 2017, 08:20 PM
so you're telling me they aren't going to hold my photos for ransom?

longrider
Sat Jul 22nd, 2017, 07:31 AM
Yes I am. All you are losing is the ability to embed the photos on a third party website such as Craigslist. Ransom was bad word choice by the reporter.

Key info:

4. Are my pictures still safe?

Yes! All your photos are still available by logging into your Photobucket
Account. Photobucket has only restricted the ability to view your photos on
3rd party sites.

5. Can I download my Photos?

Absolutely, at any time. It is an easy four step process:

Step 1. Login to your Photobucket Account

Step 2. Navigate to your library page

Step 3. View a photo and click the download button

Step 4. The picture will be saved to your computer

Full info: http://blog.photobucket.com/please-review-latest-changes-photobucket/

The Black Knight
Sat Jul 22nd, 2017, 04:11 PM
Yes I am. All you are losing is the ability to embed the photos on a third party website such as Craigslist. Ransom was bad word choice by the reporter.

Key info:

Full info: http://blog.photobucket.com/please-review-latest-changes-photobucket/

See this is how I understood it all. I tried to link an image a week or so ago on here and got the third party notification. Which is fine, I was using Photobucket for free to hotlink. So I don't care that they took it away. Their website has really sucked that last few years. Every time I go there, I have to close other windows I have open, due to the fact that their website is so freaking slow, anything else open will screw it up. Also their uploads page would take forever to load. Photobucket is a joke and I don't care if they keep my pics. They are all just used for BS anyways...

salsashark
Sun Jul 23rd, 2017, 10:00 AM
Sold my soul to Google years ago. Android phone, uploads to google photos automatically. Been using it for years, but I know it's only a matter of time before they do the same.

One the upside, 100G worth of online storage is 20 bucks a year.