PDA

View Full Version : Dead forum?

darkfire
Sun Aug 20th, 2017, 05:06 PM
Is this place still around?

Aaron
Sun Aug 20th, 2017, 05:07 PM
Yes, it's Colorado guns, politics, and newscaster chick stalker club now.

Nolan
Sun Aug 20th, 2017, 06:23 PM
And Aaron getting rammed from behind with video.

Gramps
Sun Aug 20th, 2017, 06:50 PM
:slap:

The Black Knight
Sun Aug 20th, 2017, 06:51 PM
and GoPro Police... :D

~Barn~
Sun Aug 20th, 2017, 11:06 PM
And you!

madvlad
Mon Aug 21st, 2017, 09:58 AM
:lol:

bulldog
Mon Aug 21st, 2017, 10:39 AM
I'm just here so I can see Barn post up his promise of getting this Conor vs Floyd PPV fight.....6 days away!!!!!! :lol:

KennyFish
Mon Aug 21st, 2017, 06:10 PM
The south I feel like has been dead for years. Last time I was successful at setting up a ride to the royal gorge was 2014 and 2 guys showed

The Black Knight
Mon Aug 21st, 2017, 08:54 PM
The dirty, dirty really never was that booming. Sure we had some people that would post rides and what not. Never that alive though to the best of my knowledge, and I was here when it became known as the Dirty South. The forum was busy, but compared to the Denver area sections, not on the same level.

We lost a lot of southies though, Bash, Dallas, RAGrote, R1ch or R1chie(I think was from the springs), aLien, Brizz(I think also was here), can't remember this one guy's name(Brat?), but he had a TLR and was always crashing it. MORSE isn't around anymore. I think Clovis is in the South. Mental and Modette99 don't post anymore. Modette99 used to go out and take pics of everyone riding all the time. Think we even had a couple state troopers from the South that rode and were on here.

The Dirty South, has always been kind of different. When I used to ride in groups we would just meet up at the Sonic on South Academy and head out. There were the early birds(usually left by 8am), then there would be a 10am(sometimes) crowd and a Noon crowd. Lot of times, we'd be getting back into town when the Noon group were leaving. We never would post up here for rides. Just show up and ride somewhere.

Anymore, I think Aaron is the one flying the flag for the South.

EDIT:
found it :D
http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?31506-Renaming-SoCo

bulldog
Tue Aug 22nd, 2017, 07:19 AM
The south I feel like has been dead for years. Last time I was successful at setting up a ride to the royal gorge was 2014 and 2 guys showed It's odd because we had the opposite problem years ago when they site was booming; we'd post a ride and get way too many riders show up; even in south....well south Denver.....Khols off of Kipling used to get packed for rides through Deer Creek, Morrison, etc. Then there were times when Sasha (north) posted rides and we got to the gas station and there must have been close to 50+ bikes. In the end we had to do more private invite rides because of that....then suddenly the site died and so did the ride posts.

The south Denver was mainly handled by Devaclis (Dana) and his crew....rode with them a lot and they posted the most rides....hell even bought a 600RR from Devaclis. Devaclis got into it with a moderator here one day and he left and took his entire crew to facebook which was 80% of the south members. As far as I know that crew still exists outside of CSC and they still do parties together and ride. The other 20% was basically me, Hoopty, Bueller, BigJ, Chadwick, GXSRJim, and a few others. We continued to stay on the site, but most of them do not post anymore.......

If you are talking about the south as in Co Springs.......LoLo (Daniel Lopez) ruled that area for rides! I hung with his crew a few times and were good guys, but they went on to form the Rough Ryders chapter down in Springs and pretty much left CSC. For some reason some CSC members decided to mock the Rough Ryders so they basically disappeared from CSC; which is shame because if people gave them a chance they would have seen they were actually cool guys....even if some did look like thugs. :lol:

~Barn~
Tue Aug 22nd, 2017, 12:58 PM
McGregor vs. Mayweather. My place.
I'll buy the PPV. Admission will cost a pot-luck dish or a 12'er of beer.

Sully
Tue Aug 22nd, 2017, 06:09 PM
LoLo moved to GA, I believe... I see Bash now and then at HPR or at Deckers. I thought I saw that Clovis had a bad crash last year-ish? Not sure if he's replaced his bike. So many people have moved, had kids or stopped riding..

A lot of the Southie riders have sold their sportbikes and now have cruisers.

People on the CSC FB forum post rides, etc.

Barn - I may swing by for the fight :) It will depend if I go to PPIR or not :up:

madvlad
Tue Aug 22nd, 2017, 06:17 PM
Miss the old days of CSC...

bulldog
Wed Aug 23rd, 2017, 07:31 AM
Honestly I don't think it is anything anyone did or the site.....the fact is forums are dying all over as people prefer faster methods like Facebook and Twitter....times are changing...again! We had a thread on it a while back and searching around the net showed most forums are at a all time low for memberships.

Kim-n-Dean
Wed Aug 23rd, 2017, 10:04 AM
.....the fact is forums are dying all over as people prefer faster methods like Facebook and Twitter....
Since I'm not on Facebook or Twitter, can you tell me how it would have been quicker to ask this question on either of those.

bulldog
Wed Aug 23rd, 2017, 10:10 AM
Since I'm not on Facebook or Twitter, can you tell me how it would have been quicker to ask this question on either of those. I'm not on either myself as I prefer forums, but basically Twitter is instant and more like a text message sent to your phone and replies come instantly back (sent to multiple people); no opening up a browser to get to a site. FB basically the same and you send out a question to all your friends at once instead of on a forum where you hope they sign on to see the question.

I'm sure people who use it more could explain better, but just saying from what I have read this is what is replacing forums. Pretty sure the CSC FB page gets more action there than here....again don't have a FB account as I like to be private.

I believe Facebook has about 1.74 billion members.....no forum could compare with that!

http://www.kalyr.com/weblog/computing/social-media/forums-vs-twitter-vs-blogs/

I’ve previously blogged about the ways social networking sites all too frequently suck the life out of forums and blogging, and I think the challenge is finding a space for blogs and forums in a world where everyone has accounts in Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. People are naturally lazy, and prefer a “one stop shop” approach expecting content to come to them rather than keep track of dozens of individual sites. It’s why so many businesses have abandoned their own web forums in favour of Facebook groups; that’s where their customers are.

Kim-n-Dean
Wed Aug 23rd, 2017, 12:01 PM
Yeah, technology is a weird thing. My career depends on it 100%! However, if you text me, you're getting a phone call back. I refuse to text all day when a three-second phone call would have handled everything...

I'm not on either myself as I prefer forums, but basically Twitter is instant and more like a text message sent to your phone and replies come instantly back (sent to multiple people); no opening up a browser to get to a site. FB basically the same and you send out a question to all your friends at once instead of on a forum where you hope they sign on to see the question.

I'm sure people who use it more could explain better, but just saying from what I have read this is what is replacing forums. Pretty sure the CSC FB page gets more action there than here....again don't have a FB account as I like to be private.

I believe Facebook has about 1.74 billion members.....no forum could compare with that!

I’ve previously blogged about the ways social networking sites all too frequently suck the life out of forums and blogging, and I think the challenge is finding a space for blogs and forums in a world where everyone has accounts in Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. People are naturally lazy, and prefer a “one stop shop” approach expecting content to come to them rather than keep track of dozens of individual sites. It’s why so many businesses have abandoned their own web forums in favour of Facebook groups; that’s where their customers are.

~Barn~
Wed Aug 23rd, 2017, 12:27 PM
Follow me on Twitter.
@itsbarn

bulldog
Wed Aug 23rd, 2017, 01:33 PM
Yeah, technology is a weird thing. My career depends on it 100%! However, if you text me, you're getting a phone call back. I refuse to text all day when a three-second phone call would have handled everything... Funny I am same way and bugs people. My step sister lives in Japan and insist on texting when we get free "Magicjack" calls. Takes a hour to see how she is when it would take 2 minutes of conversation. I like texting for some things, but most times I miss just old fashion talks. Plus texting gets me in more trouble as "sarcasm" doesn't come across right on texts :lol: I even miss the old days where if I was not home I could not be found....now everyone blows up the cell phone.

Follow me on Twitter.
@itsbarn I refuse....I will only follow you on forums! :lol:

The Black Knight
Wed Aug 23rd, 2017, 09:22 PM
I'm not on either myself as I prefer forums, but basically Twitter is instant and more like a text message sent to your phone and replies come instantly back (sent to multiple people); no opening up a browser to get to a site. FB basically the same and you send out a question to all your friends at once instead of on a forum where you hope they sign on to see the question.

Myself, I prefer the forum platform. I had Fakebook for a little while, but it's been over six years since I was on it. My favorite thing about Facebook was Zynga Poker. Other than that, it was really pointless in my view. Sure it helped me reconnect with some people from my past. The funny thing is though and I learned this. There is a reason for some people to be in your past. However, it seemed to cause my problems than it actually helped. So I got rid of it, and I've never done the Twitter thing. I can't be limited to just 140 characters :D

For me the forum allows the ability to give either a concise response or a long winded one. It allows for excellent back and forth between people debating a topic or just chit chatting about something in general.

I can tell you this, I've had some very serious and hard fought debates on this forum in the past. Everything from religion and politics, to guns and everything in between. I would even say, I developed a nemesis or two on this board when it came to debating heated topics. Vance, Snowman, Barn, Nick_Ninja, Tipys, and a few others all made the list of "Those who hate BK".... Even Townie and I battled back in the day.

I don't believe there is one person on this forum that I haven't at some point offended to a degree with my views. Call it a problem of my youth, now I'm much more reserved and don't offer my opinion on many things anymore. And to be honest, it's mainly cause I really don't care anymore, I'm a happy tyrant that wants to keep it low key. I hold my opinions to myself(but rest assured I still have them) however, I only really come out of hiding when the topic is the 2nd Amendment.

For the most part though, I enjoyed the debates and the back and forth. Many times it was just myself vs. everyone mentioned, so it was hard to keep up with all the responses. Usually I'd try and reply to everyone by may have missed a few.

Vance and I probably wrote the book on how to use up the character limit on a forum. Just so you know, unless it's changed on here, it's 10000 :)

Funny I am same way and bugs people. My step sister lives in Japan and insist on texti
ng when we get free "Magicjack" calls. Takes a hour to see how she is when it would take 2 minutes of conversation. I like texting for some things, but most times I miss just old fashion talks. Plus texting gets me in more trouble as "sarcasm" doesn't come across right on texts :lol: I even miss the old days where if I was not home I could not be found....now everyone blows up the cell phone.

I refuse....I will only follow you on forums! :lol:

See I prefer a text when it's just something quick and fast. If someone needs to tell me something without it needing a phone call, that's when I like a text message. Even if it's a long text message, I don't mind it. Tell me everything you need to in the text and let it be that. If I feel the need to reply I will or I'll just call.

My favorite thing to do, is to talk face to face to someone. Because then, I can see their facial expressions when we conversate and really read into what they are thinking. Can't do that on the phone, can't see the proverbial eye roll, or the "you're full of crap" face someone might give while writing a text message.

Which I think does in a sense get lost on the forums as well. The good thing though, is it's basically old school letter correspondence just via a message forum. It allows for those parties involved to convey their point of view and leave it for all to see. It's a very good way of engaging many people into a topic that might just be between a few. Certainly some just jump in to give a small two cents, and others go all in.

FZRguy
Thu Aug 24th, 2017, 01:02 PM
FB has private groups that provide fast, up to date info. I'm a member of a MTB trail riding group that has some 9,000 members. Want to know today's trail conditions? Someone has ridden it in the last 12 hours or less. Have a mechanical question? Someone has done what you're working, just post a pic. Want to sell a bike or motorcycle? There are big groups for both. I sold my DRZ next day via FB group Colorado Moto Buy/Sell/Trade. It's much more than keeping up with friends and HS classmates.

Captain Obvious
Thu Aug 24th, 2017, 01:56 PM
When I first moved out here, Mental/Dallas/Bash were pretty active. Since then, the south has been dead, which mirrors the site as a whole. Really never got into FB groups.

texlurch
Thu Aug 24th, 2017, 06:51 PM
Most of what I see the CSC gang seems to do in town rides

The Black Knight
Thu Aug 24th, 2017, 08:41 PM
FB has private groups that provide fast, up to date info. I'm a member of a MTB trail riding group that has some 9,000 members. Want to know today's trail conditions? Someone has ridden it in the last 12 hours or less. Have a mechanical question? Someone has done what you're working, just post a pic. Want to sell a bike or motorcycle? There are big groups for both. I sold my DRZ next day via FB group Colorado Moto Buy/Sell/Trade. It's much more than keeping up with friends and HS classmates.

I'm not saying there is an inherent evil to Facebook, just think for the most part it's over blown BS with news feeds from people on their lunch breaks. I get your point, and I'm sure Facebook has plenty to offer in terms of networking with people in a given sport as you mentioned.

However, have a mechanical question?? Guess what, I turn on YouTube and find the answers myself. Or I just go on the many countless automotive forums out there that offer tech help.

Bulldog mentioned that forums the world over are dying a slow death and to an extent I agree. However, the Camaro forum I was on, and I'm still on as the car I have now has the same V6 my Camaro had, is a booming forum. But then again, that forum does encompass a world wide audience. The Colorado Sportbike Forum, not so much.

Also if I want to buy/sell or trade. I usually look to Ebay or Craigslist. Very rarely will I go to a forum specific place that is dedicated to a small contingent of people. I've sold many guitars and amps, and tons of motorcycle equipment on Ebay. Why? because I can reach a vastly superior audience of buyers than I can here on CoSportbikeForum. Sure, I'll post the same stuff here in hopes to sell it locally. But at the same time, I'll place it up on Ebay or Craigslist where I know I'm guaranteed hits on my for sale items.

And while I do get that Facebook is way more than what it seems, to me it was nothing more than for keeping up with past friends and HS classmates. That's all it ever amounted to me. It's a great idea and most people(over a billion users now??) like Facebook. There are those of us, that either just don't like it or don't really see the point of Facebook.

Take Twitter for instance. I'm not going to get political here but a good example is our President. Now, while I am a fan of our current President and was happy to vote for him. I really, vehemently hate the fact that he uses Twitter. Why?? Because Twitter is mainly for people who post up pointless sh*t that no one cares about. It's for those that just have way to much time on their hands and need that instant gratification of acceptance or likes or whatever the hell it is that Twitter has to offer. It's basically Instagram, with just words and nothing else. Speaking of a waste of time, nothing is more menial, self centered, narcissistic and vanity driven than Instagram. I mean, how many freaking selfies do you really need???

The President of the United States has no business using Twitter.

Twitter is a good and wonderful concept. 140 characters to use, which means keeping it short and simple to get a message out. If the President used it as such, it might be a good thing. Letting people know about a such and such House Bill, or the Senate is considering this or that, or the Supreme Court is set to hear this or that monumental case. Then I'd be all for the President using Twitter. But to use it to tell us CNN sucks, yeah kind of preaching to the choir there we get it. No one likes CNN. I understand people can follow each other and get instant feeds or some news. I get the point of twitter, I just have no use for it. I can turn on the radio, watch the local news or check for news online to get my information.

As with most things, Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram they all get abused. If they were used for what they were intended then they would be really beneficial. As with most things, it's the dickheads that use the stuff that ruin it for everyone else.

Myself, I prefer the forums. It's more engaging, with people who do participate offering up their thoughts and ideas. Isn't that the whole reason why this country is hip deep in sh*t right now?? People have stopped the dialogue and all we hear is BS from both sides. No one takes the time to intelligently debate their stance or points of view. Rather, let's go kick the crap out of others, spray them with pepperspray and quell any form of free speech they are seeking to use.

Come on people, Internet Forums Lives matter too :D

KennyFish
Sat Aug 26th, 2017, 01:01 PM
I used to ride with brat. Not sure whatever happened to him. I remember the old days even during winter we'd still meet up at buffalo wild wings and stuff. Now I'm old and I usually just ride by myself down 115 or up 83 to Denver. Being around here since 03 or so I think the only Denver guy I met was barn he came down to buy my tv

The Black Knight
Sat Aug 26th, 2017, 01:40 PM
I used to ride with brat. Not sure whatever happened to him. I remember the old days even during winter we'd still meet up at buffalo wild wings and stuff. Now I'm old and I usually just ride by myself down 115 or up 83 to Denver. Being around here since 03 or so I think the only Denver guy I met was barn he came down to buy my tv

Was he the one who crashed a lot?? Or am I thinking of someone else. The guy I'm thinking of used to crash all the time up in Deckers and had a TL1000R if I remember right. I might be thinking of someone completely different.

Yeah same here, only met a few Northies myself...

texlurch
Sat Aug 26th, 2017, 06:30 PM
Lets get a little Southie ride together in a couple weeks... Deckers or Tarryall or Bishops?

bennice
Sat Aug 26th, 2017, 06:33 PM
I'm not down south, but second the Facebook part. Younger riders coming up don't know anything about forums, and many of the older crew have either moved over to Facebook, have quit riding sporties or quit riding altogether. I don't know what it's like in other parts of the country, but the sport is dying here. The cost of owning a sportbike increased too much too fast, which killed it as a cheap transportation option for younger peeps. Those of us who are older with more disposable income are still riding, but are holding on to our rides longer - no more upgrades to the newer model every 2 years. The traffic here has gotten so bad that lots of people no longer want to risk riding on the street, and the track isn't an option for a lot of people.

Aaron
Sat Aug 26th, 2017, 06:49 PM
Lets get a little Southie ride together in a couple weeks... Deckers or Tarryall or Bishops?

I'm good with a Tarryall run. Haven't ridden that in a while!

#1Townie
Sat Aug 26th, 2017, 06:52 PM
brat is still alive and well. I'll tell him to check in here.

Brat
Sat Aug 26th, 2017, 10:20 PM
Yep still alive. Retired and fishing all the time.
Still got the TLR. I'll be riding it more next year. I'm getting fishing footage for a YouTube channel etc. I'd post a pic if I could figure this stupid phone out.

The Black Knight
Sun Aug 27th, 2017, 09:11 PM
I'm not down south, but second the Facebook part. Younger riders coming up don't know anything about forums, and many of the older crew have either moved over to Facebook, have quit riding sporties or quit riding altogether. I don't know what it's like in other parts of the country, but the sport is dying here. The cost of owning a sportbike increased too much too fast, which killed it as a cheap transportation option for younger peeps. Those of us who are older with more disposable income are still riding, but are holding on to our rides longer - no more upgrades to the newer model every 2 years. The traffic here has gotten so bad that lots of people no longer want to risk riding on the street, and the track isn't an option for a lot of people.

Hit the nail square on the head with this.

Traffic is horrendous and one of the reasons I went to the track. Yeah, just sold the Gixxer back in April and had it back in street form mainly to sell it. But I wasn't about to start riding it seriously back and forth to work. I would ride it just for a day here and there to work. To commute with on a daily?? Nope, wouldn't happen.

I agree, the price of bikes shot up quickly and changed the sport fast. I remember you could pick up a 600cc for less than $7k brand new, and 1000's for less than $10k. I haven't looked at prices recently, but last time I saw some at Rocky Mountain, prices for 600's are over $10k and the 1000's prices are a joke now.

And you're right, those of us that are older have either moved on from Sportbikes or quit the sport altogether. I know, that if I do get another bike it will be a cruiser. I'm done with sportbikes now, gave it a good last run of three years at the track with the last bike. But again, going back to the traffic issue, why the hell buy a cruiser just to get sucked into the horrible traffic. I basically look at it now that I will never get on another bike. And I'm o.k. with that, I've had my time on two wheels. Did a lot of riding in the last 13 years and live a good two wheel life. It's just time to move on and for many people we hit that realization.

I agree, the sport is dying and not as big here as it once was. You don't see the huge group rides anymore. Hell, I don't even see the massive amounts of squids anymore running up and down Powers or Academy. Used to be on a Friday or Saturday night, they'd all gather up at the Shell on Academy and do hot laps around the malls and Academy. Now, I rarely hear them if I'm out and about at night. The sport is still big in Cali, Florida and Texas where the weather is awesome year round. Colorado just spends 6 months of the year with dead landscape and cold temps, so it makes it hard for folks to enjoy two wheels on a comfortable level.

I know I became a fair weather rider. I used to start riding to work in March and ride clear into November when I was younger. As I got older, I realized it wasn't worth the 20 degree morning temps, just to enjoy 60's or 70's on the way home. When I switched over to track it was even worse. I didn't start signing up for track days until June rolled around. I wanted heat to ride in and have fun.

So, it changes for everyone....

KennyFish
Mon Aug 28th, 2017, 01:38 AM
Depending on day I'm in for a ride!

bulldog
Mon Aug 28th, 2017, 07:45 AM
I have to agree and the increase in traffic is one of the reason I just didn't enjoy riding as much. 18 years ago I'd go up Deer Creek Canyon and be lucky to see a few cars and maybe a motorcycle or two. As time went by it got more and more packed as more traffic hit. Then the increase also brought police attention so it got to be where the canyons were packed and if you did get any open road there was probably a cop or two waiting to get you. Same with Deckers and some other popular canyon rides.....too many people and cops!

The more cars out, the more risk it becomes to sportbikes. Like BK said a daily commute to work got to be too dangerous as I was almost killed a few times working in downtown Denver. Yet I did it for 10+ years, but the more Denver got packed, the less fun it became....I hate sitting in traffic on a sportbike...especially because I always wear leather and a helmet.

Plus now cops are not messing around with sportbikes. Most catch you messing around they give out reckless driving tickets which basically is very close to getting your license revoked...who can afford that. A simple race is now a 12 point "contest of speed" and can land you in jail.

mdub
Mon Aug 28th, 2017, 11:08 AM
I'm on farmersonly.com most of the time.

bulldog
Mon Aug 28th, 2017, 11:15 AM
I'm on farmersonly.com most of the time. Isn't that the site that really should be called "whites only" .com :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JW1zxULWxeg

salsashark
Mon Aug 28th, 2017, 02:44 PM
As for the whole "getting older"part... Now this I believe in. I can only speak for myself, but I've purchased my last sportbike... The tuono is a great bike and tons of fun to play on, but I don't want to ride it all day. No need to freeze my ass off trying to ride in the winter. Next bike in my garage will most likely be an ADV tourer. Perhaps even a cruiser. Whether or not the Aprilia stays or goes, well, that's a good question that I haven't been able to answer yet.

mdub
Mon Aug 28th, 2017, 04:01 PM
Isn't that the site that really should be called "whites only" .com :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JW1zxULWxeg

Yeah man ... found a lot of lonely women in all shades of the rainbow..

asp_125
Mon Aug 28th, 2017, 04:35 PM
I think also contributing to the lack of interest in CSC is that many of the OG have stopped organizing rides and events. We haven't had a newbie ride or picnic in years, or the north meets south ride, partly because the older members have moved on. I myself have stopped hooning around in the canyons preferring to ride more sedately because of cops and traffic - don't even want to deal with the cars and bicyclists on the weekends, why bother?

madvlad
Mon Aug 28th, 2017, 05:10 PM
I think also contributing to the lack of interest in CSC is that many of the OG have stopped organizing rides and events. We haven't had a newbie ride or picnic in years, or the north meets south ride, partly because the older members have moved on. I myself have stopped hooning around in the canyons preferring to ride more sedately because of cops and traffic - don't even want to deal with the cars and bicyclists on the weekends, why bother?

This, just the whole thing has changed entirely. Riding here used to be fun, now with the apocalyptic wave of idiots that moved here, my bike moves once a month for maybe brunch or a super early quick canyon ride and back home when I used to put over 20k a year on bikes easily back in the day. Just not the same, also most OG riders have either sold their bikes, gone to the ADV/long distance rides or just ride with other OG riders privately.

mdub
Mon Aug 28th, 2017, 06:59 PM
Shit I have not done a canyon ride all summer. I have just ride to work and back. I might do a ride this week WTF

Drano
Mon Aug 28th, 2017, 08:40 PM
I admit it, I lurk sometimes. I do miss the dirty dirty, it was nice when we could get the usual suspects together for a bike night. Living in UT now so I don't see anybody any more. If you guys ever end up heading out this way, shoot me a PM and let me know! I'd be happy to meet up with any of you and hit some roads!

@Salsa, the Tuono is so awesome is it not? I've been having a blast on mine!
http://i.imgur.com/Jg8oinLh.jpg

I'm happy the forums still get some activity. Most of you are great guys that I never got to meet in-person. Stay safe out there!

Aaron
Mon Aug 28th, 2017, 09:15 PM
That picture is badass! Body position looks good.

FZRguy
Tue Aug 29th, 2017, 12:04 AM
...partly because the older members have moved on.

I was looking at new Corvettes today. Base model Vette making 450 or so HP with 7 speed manual tranny just $58,935. :)

bulldog
Tue Aug 29th, 2017, 07:50 AM
...partly because the older members have moved on.

I was looking at new Corvettes today. Base model Vette making 450 or so HP with 7 speed manual tranny just $58,935. :) No way you are thinking of giving up on two wheels right????? :shock:

I agree those new vets are great cars; to me probably the best American made car out. The Z06 (and soon to be released Z08 are awesome cars! ) Do it man!!!!!

salsashark
Tue Aug 29th, 2017, 10:03 AM
@Salsa, the Tuono is so awesome is it not? I've been having a blast on mine!

I miss being able to ride long distance like I could on the Multistrada... But hands down, this bike has delivered the most smiles per miles of any bike I've owned.

Aaron
Tue Aug 29th, 2017, 12:52 PM
The only thing that'd stop me from going cross country on Dranos Tunono is Drano. And the windscreen. But bolt a Honda Goldwing windscreen to it and I'd ride it all day.

FZRguy
Tue Aug 29th, 2017, 05:00 PM
No way you are thinking of giving up on two wheels right????? :shock:

Nope, but I'm much more passionate about mountain biking than motorcycles these days. Planning a trip to ride Monarch Crest in Sept if anyone here is interested.

I agree those new vets are great cars; to me probably the best American made car out. The Z06 (and soon to be released Z08 are awesome cars! ) Do it man!!!!!

Stevenson has one Z06 with sticker of $103k, and a number of GS models for $84k. I could live happily with the base model. They have one ZL1 Camaro for $74k. I enjoyed chatting with the FOG gearhead sales guy. He drove a Z06 on the Chevy test track in Cali. A mid-engine Vette? Maybe I should wait!

salsashark
Tue Aug 29th, 2017, 05:51 PM
The only thing that'd stop me from going cross country on Dranos Tunono is Drano. And the windscreen. But bolt a Honda Goldwing windscreen to it and I'd ride it all day.

I have done a bit of touring on mine... Put a taller windscreen on it, and for a time, I had a tailbag and rack installed. I lost a tail bag on my way home from work a while back and lost a bunch of stuff. So, I took the rack off. I replaced the box in case I want to do more touring. But not a priority right now...

Here's my ape on the Dragon... kitted out for light touring duty.
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/eR94nxjjcYdMzLHucKWRNW9FSk-lT6SoR_Rc0QB86MtdxE6L2RigyFOIrnCYmnVSTf-zzeKK73AAbL7A1AaFaAcKkP0MfNa6EqiznBItHISI-ibPgjnY1H6KG23GTQeegUg6JYWzJeCyy0YUDPYQ-V81pYZOWgmZluElUIRimJFGp4WJdSeL0vdFVQvbrgWIOkMPc21 4eU8pjT7vTDChqoEPcNOJTy7zNUHJivdFn9UZZK48wILbqQBtz M68q-fvOM341hSP-lTGMIXdnjkmxp5twIOR53H1bOGlqoT9-ww2z8JN_Pm9LMF7gJdJoMChfgpZBwJ3ViOialuhVgfjPha7_v5 YiuDVahVMKivoiSrNWRh4SZ3AejTR_I-I4xYxOtMZ9utY3rVz5qINgCU5k_yRHjQP4bRNf3VIXLVeT4AgH ddIy-rXP0kqnhzZAc4h9vCfAcOV-hLPAFN_N0SlJOAjDfMLdx0yyrC9xtkqk7akfKgnlMSMfLAAbCF Ot4J-DDBM0PTT_TF8cM0nm1nId4ctEHAWKE9xpSNx-dq8dsbqdqNqCAJLVjmtCLrf0uLRqsSnAz2azS5Y35OCXEXVQuj 0tnQ9uzHi_KhygAJvghnHkjboH2v_uw=w1210-h908-no

The Black Knight
Tue Aug 29th, 2017, 08:17 PM

Nope, but I'm much more passionate about mountain biking than motorcycles these days. Planning a trip to ride Monarch Crest in Sept if anyone here is interested.

Stevenson has one Z06 with sticker of $103k, and a number of GS models for $84k. I could live happily with the base model. They have one ZL1 Camaro for $74k. I enjoyed chatting with the FOG gearhead sales guy. He drove a Z06 on the Chevy test track in Cali. A mid-engine Vette? Maybe I should wait!

Check out the new 2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE model that's coming out. Saw a video on youtube of them testing one, looked to be almost black in color but more of that cyber grey they are doing these days. Sharp looking car and very aggressive looking. 650hp supercharged 6.2L, all kinds of crazy track ready adjustable suspension.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWCwaF-akd0

mdub
Wed Aug 30th, 2017, 05:13 AM

I agree those new vets are great cars; to me probably the best American made car out.

Rode Monarch Crest a month ago cpl times. One of the best trails I have ridden in Colorado. Very scenic.

Kim-n-Dean
Wed Aug 30th, 2017, 06:05 AM
We're going to Winter Park in a couple weeks to bomb the ski runs. My fat ass loves gravity!!

mdub
Thu Aug 31st, 2017, 12:52 PM
Went there during the lame eclipse. Smooth lotsa jumps..and found some magic mushrooms off of Roof of the Rockies trail

Kim-n-Dean
Thu Aug 31st, 2017, 01:55 PM
Went there during the lame eclipse. Smooth lotsa jumps..and found some magic mushrooms off of Roof of the Rockies trail
Did you sign the waiver for Banana Peal? :crazy:

A friend of mine who grows mushrooms (he's a chef) says that well over 90% of shrooms in the wild are poisonous and he's not the only shroom grower to tell me that. Even experts have an extremely hard time telling them apart. He says to never eat a found mushroom.

How did you know they were safe?

bulldog
Thu Aug 31st, 2017, 03:49 PM

A friend of mine who grows mushrooms (he's a chef) says that well over 90% of shrooms in the wild are poisonous and he's not the only shroom grower to tell me that. Even experts have an extremely hard time telling them apart. He says to never eat a found mushroom.

How did you know they were safe? yeah super dangerous as I know someone who ruined their life this way. The difference between a safe mushroom and a deadly one can be so minuscule I'd never take the chance. Plus most magic mushrooms are grown on cow shit naturally or rice pattties if home grown.

mdub
Fri Sep 1st, 2017, 05:41 AM

How did you know they were safe?

JUst found. no comsumption.

http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee491/walkermi/ins.jpg_zpsaveqwjmo.png

http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee491/walkermi/ms_zpsphsl0jzr.jpg

http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee491/walkermi/bike_zpsq7pwznx7.jpg

madvlad
Fri Sep 1st, 2017, 06:05 AM
I wouldn't have called that eclipse lame :lol:

mdub
Fri Sep 1st, 2017, 06:22 AM
I wouldn't have called that eclipse lame :lol:

Damn photo bucket is no longer free...

http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/webkit-fake-url://ca0f88b1-a3ba-45d1-a398-e95b1fa4aa3b/imagejpeg:|

bulldog
Fri Sep 1st, 2017, 07:26 AM
JUst found. no comsumption. Oh :lol: Yeah just be careful. When I was younger I had a buddy think he knew enough about mushrooms and did eat some he found. It was scary as he almost died from poisoning and then he was never the same; went from a energetic charismatic guy to a quiet guy who never said much after. I'm pretty sure all magic mushrooms do is poison you enough to hallucinate.....but yeah I did them a bunch of time when I was younger :D One time my cousin did so many he thought he was a monkey and jumped off a cliff. Broke his ankle and we had to take him to the ER all shroomed out.

http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/webkit-fake-url://ca0f88b1-a3ba-45d1-a398-e95b1fa4aa3b/imagejpeg:|Damn, still has not hit me yet. It must be coming in waves. http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?54868-Test-Photobucket-3rd-Party-Linking&p=783307#post783307

I think it is because the picture is of the coolest Bulldog ever...RIP my buddy Indy.

Brat
Tue Sep 5th, 2017, 08:41 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5TuvYXaNDE&t=30s not sure if I did it right. that's what ive been doing. getting the TLR ready for next year. still too much fishing to do.

madvlad
Tue Sep 5th, 2017, 08:58 PM

http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/webkit-fake-url://ca0f88b1-a3ba-45d1-a398-e95b1fa4aa3b/imagejpeg:|

They'll charge for air soon enough... oh wait Lays already does :lol:

bulldog
Wed Sep 6th, 2017, 08:05 AM
They'll charge for air soon enough... oh wait Lays already does :lol: It's Obama's fault! :lol:

Seriously though bro, that air is there for a purpose....you do not get charged for it...and it is not air it it nitrogen :slap:

Here...because knowing is half the battle (GI Joe)

As disappointing as it can be to tear into a bag of Lay’s to find empty air where your afternoon snack should be, that extra space in the package is there for a reason. “Slack fill” is an intentional choice by snack makers who want to protect their delicate products from the damage of rough handling during the shipping process. When products are stacked atop one another, crammed into tight spaces, or simply jostled around in the back of a delivery truck, slack fill serves as an air cushion that prevents potato chips from becoming potato crumbs.
That’s not just any ordinary air puffing up potato chip bags, either: It’s nitrogen. Oxygen can cause the potatoes to spoil and the oil to go rancid, and the humidity found in ambient air makes the chips go soggy. Instead, packages are filled with nitrogen gas to help the snacks stay fresh, which a trained panel of tasters confirmed in a 1994 food science study (http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/pts.2770070205/abstract).

Clovis
Sat Sep 9th, 2017, 02:01 AM
I still check in/lurk from time to time. Maybe a once a month, a quick scan for any interesting posts.

Sadly, CSC has been slowly fading away the past few years. The best days, IMO, were circa 2007-2008 when we started doing epic overnight adventure rides like to Durango and such. :)

Since my crash last year, I haven't replaced the bike. I keep eyeing a '17 KTM Superduke 1290 R or the GT version, even checked it out today... but Mrs. Clovis wants the motorcycle stuff sold. Who knows, maybe next year? :)

The crash gave me some pause over some things and this summer I did a lot of fun things with my family. Took the kiddo (3yrs old now!) camping 3 times including one last trip from Labor Day through Wednesday :) Lots of trips to hot springs and the mountains. The bike phase may just be over for me for awhile, at least until the kiddo is older.

That was really the worst part about the crash. Realizing that if I had died, I wouldn't even be a memory to my daughter, then just 2, but I would be a story.

I love my girl too much to not be in her life. Daddy is "her best friend" ;)

(The dog is also her "best friend"... ha)

Guess we'll see what the future brings. :)

madvlad
Sat Sep 9th, 2017, 07:01 AM
It's Obama's fault! :lol:

Seriously though bro, that air is there for a purpose....you do not get charged for it...and it is not air it it nitrogen :slap:

Here...because knowing is half the battle (GI Joe)

As disappointing as it can be to tear into a bag of Lay’s to find empty air where your afternoon snack should be, that extra space in the package is there for a reason. “Slack fill” is an intentional choice by snack makers who want to protect their delicate products from the damage of rough handling during the shipping process. When products are stacked atop one another, crammed into tight spaces, or simply jostled around in the back of a delivery truck, slack fill serves as an air cushion that prevents potato chips from becoming potato crumbs.
That’s not just any ordinary air puffing up potato chip bags, either: It’s nitrogen. Oxygen can cause the potatoes to spoil and the oil to go rancid, and the humidity found in ambient air makes the chips go soggy. Instead, packages are filled with nitrogen gas to help the snacks stay fresh, which a trained panel of tasters confirmed in a 1994 food science study (http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/pts.2770070205/abstract).

I was being sarcastic Holmes lol, I just want more damn chips :lol: we watching the fight tonight or what? Hope my girl Schevchenko wrecks Nunes.

madvlad
Sat Sep 9th, 2017, 07:11 AM
I still check in/lurk from time to time. Maybe a once a month, a quick scan for any interesting posts.

Sadly, CSC has been slowly fading away the past few years. The best days, IMO, were circa 2007-2008 when we started doing epic overnight adventure rides like to Durango and such. :)

Since my crash last year, I haven't replaced the bike. I keep eyeing a '17 KTM Superduke 1290 R or the GT version, even checked it out today... but Mrs. Clovis wants the motorcycle stuff sold. Who knows, maybe next year? :)

The crash gave me some pause over some things and this summer I did a lot of fun things with my family. Took the kiddo (3yrs old now!) camping 3 times including one last trip from Labor Day through Wednesday :) Lots of trips to hot springs and the mountains. The bike phase may just be over for me for awhile, at least until the kiddo is older.

That was really the worst part about the crash. Realizing that if I had died, I wouldn't even be a memory to my daughter, then just 2, but I would be a story.

Yeah dude, I lurked around since 05' and didn't join until 07' but those were fun days, full moon rides, north meets the south, poker runs, random rides, etc. Miss those days but times move on, many have sold their bikes, moved to ADV type riding or do their own private rides with specific people or gone to full racing. While I still have my bike but I honestly have very little desire to ride on the street anymore, it's become an utter shit show with the transplants and it's just no longer fun, not even in the hills. I ride maybe once a month. I've racked a whole whooping 800 miles of riding this season when it used to be like 20k a year before. Making memories with the family is definitely more important and trust me you're not missing out on much out here lol

Brat
Sat Sep 9th, 2017, 10:43 PM

Clovis, lol. you still in widefield?
down the street. still clovis as i read.
btw new video trailer. pike and trout.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQJWs-5XMWg

Clovis
Tue Sep 12th, 2017, 09:40 AM
Hey Brat! No, we built a house and moved to the west side of town about 4 years ago.

(( LO LO ))
Mon Oct 2nd, 2017, 01:30 PM
What's up everyone! I heard my name whispered on the CSC, and *poof*, here I am. Glad to see a lot of you are on here still. I miss everyone on the CSC, and maybe some day will be back in Colorado. If any of you are in Georgia, feel free to hit me up.

madvlad
Mon Oct 2nd, 2017, 01:44 PM
What's up everyone! I heard my name whispered on the CSC, and *poof*, here I am. Glad to see a lot of you are on here still. I miss everyone on the CSC, and maybe some day will be back in Colorado. If any of you are in Georgia, feel free to hit me up.

Holy crap, he lives!!! Good hearing from you man. No more Cali huh? Last I heard you had moved out there. Hope all is well :up:

(( LO LO ))
Mon Oct 2nd, 2017, 02:30 PM
Holy crap, he lives!!! Good hearing from you man. No more Cali huh? Last I heard you had moved out there. Hope all is well :up:

I am good, thanks! I have been stationed everywhere it seems like except California. November 2015 I retired from the Army. The family and I are now in Georgia, until my wife retires from the Army in July 2018. Not sure what adventures are ahead.

~Barn~
Mon Oct 2nd, 2017, 05:35 PM
Ha. Awesome!

madvlad
Mon Oct 2nd, 2017, 05:54 PM
I am good, thanks! I have been stationed everywhere it seems like except California. November 2015 I retired from the Army. The family and I are now in Georgia, until my wife retires from the Army in July 2018. Not sure what adventures are ahead.

Word man. Glad to hear things are well and thank you both for your service :usa:

(( LO LO ))
Mon Oct 2nd, 2017, 07:52 PM
Word man. Glad to hear things are well and thank you both for your service :usa:
Thanks!

Owen_R6
Mon Oct 30th, 2017, 05:47 PM
Hey, everyone...i'm also still around here and there. Mostly lurking and just checking in here and there...

Moved from Aurora and now over more near Castle Rock/Parker

Mental
Wed Nov 15th, 2017, 07:52 PM
Thanks!
You're in Powder Springs? I am in Mableton! Retired in 2014!

Spiderman
Mon Nov 20th, 2017, 05:35 PM
Sadly, I'm just too busy these days, and don't have the time to spend on the forums, reading and contributing, or organizing and planning events, or do much riding, for that matter. :(

I can't even remember if I managed to hit a canyon this year! :shock:

I bought a new bike this year (the Bolt C-Spec), which is mostly for commuting, around town (e.g. bike nights, if and when we ever have another), and I'm (still) mid-motor-swap on an 06 R6 (street legal, but it begs to be flogged, and I'm afraid I might get arrested if I ride it on the street. lol), but my favorite bike is still my '02 R1 - I rode it to COTA to for the MotoGP race this year, and am thinking about doing it again next year, but a conference that starts that Sunday might put a damper on that.

Bashed
Fri Nov 24th, 2017, 07:22 PM
Bash here, still lurk once in awhile.
Still ride as much as possible, mostly into touring and dual sport, cross country and in Mexico.
Keep to the small groups and ride mostly with experienced persons. Not into large groups and calling Flight for Life like in the old days.
Still do excessive speeds when appropriate, and love doing high speed gravel road and two track on the DS bike.
Happy Holidays!

Captain Obvious
Sun Nov 26th, 2017, 03:05 PM
You're in Powder Springs? I am in Mableton! Retired in 2014!

Retired? Mableton? WTF?

Had a house in Austell before I moved to COS. No way i'd go back.

Mental
Mon May 28th, 2018, 09:30 PM
Retired? Mableton? WTF?

Had a house in Austell before I moved to COS. No way i'd go back.

Ha! I think I remember us talking about that what, 10 years ago?. I grew up here, so we moved back. The folks are just down the road in Hiram.

I was out that COS way a few years ago when I was a full-time racing instructor. Got to meet up with a few of the old heads. It was fun!

You may not miss Austell, but don't pretend you don't miss Road Atlanta! We have another track up north, Atlanta Motorsports Park outside of Dawsonville. I recall you were a big VIR guy as well, I raced (a car) out there last year and I am gonna do a track day this fall with some racing buddies.

But I do miss Colorado (which is why I am back on the forum).

Its a shame we don't talk like we all used to, I blame Facebook. This is one of the last message boards I frequented that's still standing. The rest have all gone the way of the 56k modem, like every bike in my signature.

VFRing it these days.

https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/33924017_10214230223001897_3135940989303128064_o.j pg?_nc_cat=0&oh=49061bbc3c50ea7a50a71c992d8e07b3&oe=5B7C73E7

Captain Obvious
Fri Jun 1st, 2018, 11:21 AM
Good memory on Road A (endurance race there with a couple buddies was my last race). We got 3rd but that was due to only 4 entries in the Heavyweight twins class. :)

VIR is a great track as well.

Hey! The big chicken! Like the VFR, was looking at one the other day. Really need to get the TLR back on the road. Sold one bike 2 weeks ago trying to streamline my life.

texlurch
Sat Jun 2nd, 2018, 08:29 AM
I have a few odds and ends stock parts from my TLR if you need something. Not much but ya never know?

thaitanic
Sat Jun 30th, 2018, 10:20 AM
whats up lolo! qood to hear from you! so you retired 20 yrs, sgt major? thats awsome!! you a cool dude i met at hooters in 2005, i miss those RR days, with gotti,threat, budda

Owen_R6
Wed Oct 3rd, 2018, 02:08 AM
i'm still here...

madvlad
Wed Oct 3rd, 2018, 05:21 AM
Everything went to the faceplant side of the webz, only very few remain :lol: