PDA

View Full Version : 2017/2018 Tacoma

madvlad
Sun Sep 24th, 2017, 07:10 AM
After nearly a decade without a car payment, my beloved Nissan Maxima SE is on its last leg unfortunately, been a hell of a car but it's time to upgrade. Looking at a 2017/2018 Tacoma. Anyone have one on here that has some insight on pros and cons of it? Wish I could afford a Tundra but the package that I want is just too much and can't justify it. Thanks in advance.

Aaron
Sun Sep 24th, 2017, 06:18 PM
The Tundra is shit, it pretty much gets embarrassed by the big 3.

The Tacoma is a masterpiece. It looks freaking awesome, has decent power and mileage, and overall is the perfect truck in my opinion. Just get a loaded one, and make sure you get the 6ft bed. I hate all these useless 4.5ft beds people are getting nowadays.

madvlad
Sun Sep 24th, 2017, 09:07 PM
The Tundra is shit, it pretty much gets embarrassed by the big 3.

The Tacoma is a masterpiece. It looks freaking awesome, has decent power and mileage, and overall is the perfect truck in my opinion. Just get a loaded one, and make sure you get the 6ft bed. I hate all these useless 4.5ft beds people are getting nowadays.

Yeah looking at the TRD off-road 6ft double cab for sure, found a double cab 6spd manual up north that I want to go check out and possibly buy. Pointless to have a truck with a short bed, might as well get a SUV :lol: not a Chevy, Ford or Dodge fan at all after all I've seen in my mechanic years, maybe the exception would be the Cummins diesels but I'm not paying 60k+ for a truck or any car for that matter.

Aaron
Sun Sep 24th, 2017, 10:57 PM
Awesome truck it sounds like, exactly what I'd like to have. Personally as much as I love manual transmissions, in a truck I'd prefer the auto.

madvlad
Mon Sep 25th, 2017, 04:06 AM
Awesome truck it sounds like, exactly what I'd like to have. Personally as much as I love manual transmissions, in a truck I'd prefer the auto.

Yeah thought about it but it would be a hard habit to break, been driving manuals since day 1, even this Maxima is a 6spd too lol

Captain Obvious
Mon Sep 25th, 2017, 10:32 AM
If I could get away with a smaller truck, I'd go with the Taco. Agree on all the reasons Aaron mentioned above.

If you are willing to get a used Cummings, I did find mine 4 yo for about $30k. I love it.

bulldog
Mon Sep 25th, 2017, 01:00 PM
If I could get away with a smaller truck, I'd go with the Taco. . :D
https://fee.org/media/17961/tacotruck.jpg?anchor=center&mode=crop&height=656&widthratio=2.1341463414634146341463414634&rnd=131303489940000000

Damn Damir about time....I thought that car would have died long ago.....probably your pimp mechanic skills that kept it going this long. Congrats man, you deserve a new ride :)

madvlad
Mon Sep 25th, 2017, 01:04 PM
If I could get away with a smaller truck, I'd go with the Taco. Agree on all the reasons Aaron mentioned above.

If you are willing to get a used Cummings, I did find mine 4 yo for about $30k. I love it.

Yeah, their resale value also is what gets me, they resell so darn well, it's insane. Looking for something brand spanking new, while I can fix cars and all but have never had a new car before. Also on those Cummins if I would consider something used, it would need to have an impeccable and corroborated maintenance history, I am as anal as they come when it comes to vehicles, mainly after having been an used car technician for a while, some of the shit people trade in, is rather sad lol

madvlad
Mon Sep 25th, 2017, 01:07 PM
:D
https://fee.org/media/17961/tacotruck.jpg?anchor=center&mode=crop&height=656&widthratio=2.1341463414634146341463414634&rnd=131303489940000000

Damn Damir about time....I thought that car would have died long ago.....probably your pimp mechanic skills that kept it going this long. Congrats man, you deserve a new ride :)

Haha thanks man. It still running and what not, it's asking me for little things here and there, nothing major but I'm sure it's a matter of time before something major comes along. It's been an outstanding car, will miss the heated steering wheel and seats on it that are still working haha. Also my cousin just moved from home to go to school and stuff and needs a car so selling him this one for cheap so he can get around while he builds some credit and saves up for something newer. It'll last him a year easily if he takes care of it and I'm fixing the little things for him so he's got less shit to worry about. How's your Rex running?

bulldog
Mon Sep 25th, 2017, 01:55 PM
Haha thanks man. It still running and what not, it's asking me for little things here and there, nothing major but I'm sure it's a matter of time before something major comes along. It's been an outstanding car, will miss the heated steering wheel and seats on it that are still working haha. Also my cousin just moved from home to go to school and stuff and needs a car so selling him this one for cheap so he can get around while he builds some credit and saves up for something newer. It'll last him a year easily if he takes care of it and I'm fixing the little things for him so he's got less shit to worry about. How's your Rex running? The WRX is running great.....love that car. 2014 with 17K miles though as I take the light rail to work daily.

Some people may disagree with me, but depending on situation I think there are times when a new car/truck makes sense. For me I qualify for 0.0% interest on a new car (no such thing on a used car) as I have really good credit. I also I tend to keep my cars for years; so not too worried about resale. When buying a WRX used most were beat on or were some young kids car that pushed it hard; so for me I went new so I didn't have that worry.....plus I do like the warranty new cars come with.

If your credit isn't that good, many people don't realize that getting qualified for a new car/trucj is easier than a used car; mainly because it has more value. This explains it in detail http://www.loan.com/car-loans/why-are-new-car-loans-easier-than-used-ones.html

Toyota Tacoma would also be my choice if I got a truck.....like you said though the things hold their value well.

madvlad
Mon Sep 25th, 2017, 02:10 PM
The WRX is running great.....love that car. 2014 with 17K miles though as I take the light rail to work daily.

Some people may disagree with me, but depending on situation I think there are times when a new car/truck makes sense. For me I qualify for 0.0% interest on a new car (no such thing on a used car) as I have really good credit. I also I tend to keep my cars for years; so not too worried about resale. When buying a WRX used most were beat on or were some young kids car that pushed it hard; so for me I went new so I didn't have that worry.....plus I do like the warranty new cars come with.

If your credit isn't that good, many people don't realize that getting qualified for a new car/trucj is easier than a used car; mainly because it has more value. This explains it in detail http://www.loan.com/car-loans/why-are-new-car-loans-easier-than-used-ones.html

Toyota Tacoma would also be my choice if I got a truck.....like you said though the things hold their value well.

Yeah depending on lender, you may qualify as low as a 1.3% on an used car if you shop good enough. Many people make the mistake to let the dealer shop for rates for them and they shop in their own partnered lenders so they make more money off you on the backside on finance charges. PSCU or most CU have amazing rates if you have good credit. I would stay away from the usual banks as they suck. Creditone bank has usually decent first time buyer programs and such but it's always good to refinance as soon as you can as they run the credit card side and tend to screw you. Yeah, the new car smell and warranty is definitely nice to have, anything goes wrong and boom just drop it off and have them fix that shit :lol: granted they will go to ways not to fix shit under warranty unless it's beyond an obvious issue and they can't give you the runaround. Your Subaru will have a killer resale value, mainly because it's been unmolested and well kept, the low mileage aspect helps a ton too. Those things even beat up fly off the lots, they're well coveted cars, mainly on your package and that don't want to spend on a full STi trim. I've been riding the light rail these past few days to work as I'm working at MSU quite a bit and feels nice not to deal with idiots or traffic plus waiting on my oil pan to arrive as well :lol: .... Dude some of the used Tacoma prices are outrageous!!! I found a few that are about 2-3 years old, not even certified and they're going for only 2k less than a brand new one, it's insane but they're such great and reliable trucks that people cough the money without a doubt.

salsashark
Mon Sep 25th, 2017, 02:57 PM
I really wanted to like the Taco as they're basically the only smaller truck on the market worth a damn. But, every time I got serious, I just couldn't find one that had what I wanted for what I was willing to pay. That's how I ended up with the F150.

As for buying used, I think it really has to do with the specific vehicle. Some cars don't get abused and are worth it to buy used. I could never afford my Cayenne new, but a couple years and a lot of thousands in depreciation later, I have an amazing vehicle that was owned by Porsche Corporate and was basically new. I got lucky finding the one that I did. Although, most of the used ones I looked at were almost always in amazing shape. As you mentioned before, kids like, and can afford the WRX, thus you get kid owners and kid maintenance/abuse problems.

Good luck with your hunt...

madvlad
Mon Sep 25th, 2017, 08:06 PM
I really wanted to like the Taco as they're basically the only smaller truck on the market worth a damn. But, every time I got serious, I just couldn't find one that had what I wanted for what I was willing to pay. That's how I ended up with the F150.

As for buying used, I think it really has to do with the specific vehicle. Some cars don't get abused and are worth it to buy used. I could never afford my Cayenne new, but a couple years and a lot of thousands in depreciation later, I have an amazing vehicle that was owned by Porsche Corporate and was basically new. I got lucky finding the one that I did. Although, most of the used ones I looked at were almost always in amazing shape. As you mentioned before, kids like, and can afford the WRX, thus you get kid owners and kid maintenance/abuse problems.

Good luck with your hunt...

Yeah just stopped by groove Toyota just to compare options and packages in between the trucks in general and man what a crock of shit lol... they charge an extra $700 for a tow package, dude you're buying a truck for a reason, why would I pay extra for something the truck should come with? :lol: Lord almighty... Also they force you to buy the premium package just so I can get heated seats but could care less for the rest of the shit lol... Lord dude. Also the limited Tacoma goes for nearly $42k!!!! And saw a well loaded crewmax limited tundra for 44k with all the bells and whistles including the damn tow package :lol: Toyota is about to lose a customer man, that pricing is ridiculous and oh they don't offer a long bed on the double cab which is also a crock of even more shit... fuck car shopping :lol: I'm going to haggle the fuck out of these people, they don't even know what's coming

Aaron
Mon Sep 25th, 2017, 10:01 PM
They do offer the long bed with a double cab, you just have to choose the right package.

madvlad
Mon Sep 25th, 2017, 10:13 PM
Well that salesman was full of shit then lol

Aaron
Mon Sep 25th, 2017, 10:26 PM
As usual. I hate car salesmen with a passion, never before have I seen a group of individuals so ignorant about the product they try and sell. Their job is to get you into a car they have right then and there, whether it's what you want, in your budget, or not.

So the Tacoma does come in a double cab and long bed, but only in 3/6 trim levels: SR5, TRD Sport, and TRD Off-Road.

bulldog
Tue Sep 26th, 2017, 08:33 AM
Yeah just stopped by groove Toyota just to compare options and packages in between the trucks in general and man what a crock of shit lol... they charge an extra $700 for a tow package, dude you're buying a truck for a reason, why would I pay extra for something the truck should come with? :lol: Lord almighty... Also they force you to buy the premium package just so I can get heated seats but could care less for the rest of the shit lol... Lord dude. Also the limited Tacoma goes for nearly $42k!!!! And saw a well loaded crewmax limited tundra for 44k with all the bells and whistles including the damn tow package :lol: Toyota is about to lose a customer man, that pricing is ridiculous and oh they don't offer a long bed on the double cab which is also a crock of even more shit... fuck car shopping :lol: I'm going to haggle the fuck out of these people, they don't even know what's coming

Yup, those "packages" get you every time. I won't buy a car without HID headlights and only one model of WRX had them; the Limited (highest package). That package had navigation that I didn't need, but no other option if you want HID headlights. I've used the navigation like once as I prefer my phones anyways....what a waste of like $700+.

You are having same issue I had when trying to Find a Tacoma; damn things are expensive!

What you think of the Ford Ranger? Some people love them and some hate them, but they can be found for a decent price.

madvlad
Tue Sep 26th, 2017, 09:32 AM
As usual. I hate car salesmen with a passion, never before have I seen a group of individuals so ignorant about the product they try and sell. Their job is to get you into a car they have right then and there, whether it's what you want, in your budget, or not.

So the Tacoma does come in a double cab and long bed, but only in 3/6 trim levels: SR5, TRD Sport, and TRD Off-Road.

Yeah and I should have known better than to ask, granted I only asked him to see if they had a long bed, dude was like I don't think we have that available... I was like your website says you have two in stock, he's like no, they're not available at all :lol: FAIL

Yup, those "packages" get you every time. I won't buy a car without HID headlights and only one model of WRX had them; the Limited (highest package). That package had navigation that I didn't need, but no other option if you want HID headlights. I've used the navigation like once as I prefer my phones anyways....what a waste of like $700+.

You are having same issue I had when trying to Find a Tacoma; damn things are expensive!

What you think of the Ford Ranger? Some people love them and some hate them, but they can be found for a decent price.

Yeah, it doesn't even come with HID lights so will upgrade those as soon as I get it, it will at least come with projector headlamps so the output will be great, doing nothing more or less than a 5,000k set for the low beam and maybe same for the fogs or go to 3,000k on those. Funny part about those built in navigation systems is that it costs to update them ($150+ per year!!!!) While your phone updates for free, yeah I'm not a fan of navigation systems in cars but if I want just the damn heated seats, I'm gonna have to eat the rest but we'll see what I can work out. Not sure yet. They discontinued the ranger, else I would consider it, they're warrior trucks man. Ford was stupid for discontinuing that truck. It sold so damn well

bulldog
Tue Sep 26th, 2017, 09:38 AM
Yeah, it doesn't even come with HID lights so will upgrade those as soon as I get it, it will at least come with projector headlamps so the output will be great, doing nothing more or less than a 5,000k set for the low beam and maybe same for the fogs or go to 3,000k on those. Not sure yet. They discontinued the ranger, else I would consider it, they're warrior trucks man. Ford was stupid for discontinuing that truck. It sold so damn well
Pretty sure HID and projection headlights are the same man....just different name. Maybe you mean HID vs LED. Although there may be a HID bulb used not in a projector housing; best way to tell is if it has that glass globe.... I'll never go back to standard headlights!!!!

FZRGuy sold one a while back on here.....considered it, but sold super fast I think.

salsashark
Tue Sep 26th, 2017, 09:38 AM
Ranger will be back in 2019 (so next summer) - New global platform. I saw a few in Poland and in Australia, and I'm definitely keeping an eye out.

Unfortunately, they'll be every bit as expensive as the Tacomas and Colorados are.

Kim-n-Dean
Tue Sep 26th, 2017, 09:42 AM
They discontinued the ranger, else I would consider it, they're warrior trucks man. Ford was stupid for discontinuing that truck. It sold so damn wellWhat?!? I just googled 2017 & 2018 Ranger and pulled up a ton of shit. If you do buy a Ford, you have to go see Kristian Strub at AutoNation on Broadway & C470 (Kristian on this site). I would even start there for a used car to see if they have what I want.

I got my 2015 4-door F350 for $44k out the door!

Kim-n-Dean
Tue Sep 26th, 2017, 09:45 AM
Pretty sure HID and projection headlights are the same man....just different name. Maybe you mean HID vs LED. Although there may be a HID bulb used not in a projector housing; best way to tell is if it has that glass globe.... I'll never go back to standard headlights!!!!.My 2016 R1M has projector LED headlights.

Which are completely useless in a turn at night. They point straight at the ground when leaned over. Can't do Lookout Mtn. at night anymore!

bulldog
Tue Sep 26th, 2017, 09:51 AM
My 2016 R1M has projector LED headlights.

Which are completely useless in a turn at night. They point straight at the ground when leaned over. Can't do Lookout Mtn. at night anymore! Good point....never had them on a bike, but I borrowed one that did and was amazed how the "lean" really messed up the viewpoint. Since they project basically a rectangle, at a lean they were horrible.

madvlad
Tue Sep 26th, 2017, 09:52 AM
Pretty sure HID and projection headlights are the same man....just different name. Maybe you mean HID vs LED. Although there may be a HID bulb used not in a projector housing; best way to tell is if it has that glass globe.... I'll never go back to standard headlights!!!!

FZRGuy sold one a while back on here.....considered it, but sold super fast I think.

I'll explain on this much further later but no, projectors and HID are not the same thing. Stay tuned...

Ranger will be back in 2019 (so next summer) - New global platform. I saw a few in Poland and in Australia, and I'm definitely keeping an eye out.

Unfortunately, they'll be every bit as expensive as the Tacomas and Colorados are.

Hmmm interesting, I had not heard of this until now. Going to have to read into this for sure but for me to pay that kind of money for a Ford, it will have to be something damn special. Doesn't hurt to check it out.

What?!? I just googled 2017 & 2018 Ranger and pulled up a ton of shit. If you do buy a Ford, you have to go see Kristian Strub at AutoNation on Broadway & C470 (Kristian on this site). I would even start there for a used car to see if they have what I want.

I got my 2015 4-door F350 for $44k out the door!

Will keep him in mind, going to research the Ranger a bit further and see whats up. I haven't been in the auto industry for over a year now so out of touch with new stuff that comes out anymore since I'm all about motorcycles now lol

bulldog
Tue Sep 26th, 2017, 09:58 AM
I'll explain on this much further later but no, projectors and HID are not the same thing. Stay tuned... Ok...lol. Although I think you are just going to tell me a HID is a bulb type...I get that, but most HID are put into a projection housing. Sure you can put a HID bulb in a regular housing I guess if it was made for that.....haven't seen too many cars like that....maybe the Tacoma is one of them :dunno:

madvlad
Tue Sep 26th, 2017, 10:00 AM
Ok...lol. Although I think you are just going to tell me a HID is a bulb type...I get that, but most HID are put into a projection housing. Sure you can put a HID bulb in a regular housing I guess if it was made for that.....haven't seen too many cars like that....maybe the Tacoma is one of them :dunno:

My car came with 4300k off the factory floor on a normal headlamp, so not necessarily. The projector is used more these days but not necessary, it projects better for less glare thus why it's used more, that's all.

bulldog
Tue Sep 26th, 2017, 10:11 AM
My car came with 4300k off the factory floor on a normal headlamp, so not necessarily. The projector is used more these days but not necessary, it projects better for less glare thus why it's used more, that's all. Huh...dude a HID bulb throws light everywhere...that is why a projector is needed; to focus it. Every car forum I've been on makes fun of people who put a HID in a regular reflective housing; just is blinding with light going all over. Even when manufactures did it, it really was just some cheap trick they used to focus in the light. Do any cars with HID's nowadays not come with projectors? I've seen LED's with projectors take over.

http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/general-tech/335995-why-adding-hid-kit-your-car-non-projectors-housing-makes-you-ricer.html

There are many cars with projector lenses that use halogen bulbs. But the bulbs used in the projector housings do not, I repeat, do not have a shield on them. This is because the way a projector housing works, the lens (and if applicable, the shield build into the housing) does all the focusing. In some projector setups, both high and low beam patterns are available and are controlled with a movable shield.

Few more that claim it is wrong (sure it can be done though):
http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/2011-2014-mustang-talk/338954-if-you-have-hids-stock-housing-look.html
http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/vehicles-with-hid-lights-in-stock-headlights-reflectors.452978153/
https://www.hidplanet.com/forums/forum/general-discussion/specific-questions/35937-can-i-run-a-hid-in-a-reflector-housing

P.S. HID's in a reflector case is actually illegal in some states and you can get a ticket for it

EDIT: Since you said your Maxima has a heated stearing wheel I'll assume it had the "Driver Preferred Package" which did have HID's, but I still tell you man that was just some cheap trick to focus the light Maxima did. You are by far not getting true HID lighting....this is one loophole where it is legal since from manufacturer, but again they must have made a special housing to focus that light.

~Barn~
Tue Sep 26th, 2017, 11:02 AM
I could see if Charlie is interested in selling his to you. It would probably save you a lot of $$$, and I think it's a 2016 model year. (?)

madvlad
Tue Sep 26th, 2017, 11:29 AM
Huh...dude a HID bulb throws light everywhere...that is why a projector is needed; to focus it. Every car forum I've been on makes fun of people who put a HID in a regular reflective housing; just is blinding with light going all over. Even when manufactures did it, it really was just some cheap trick they used to focus in the light. Do any cars with HID's nowadays not come with projectors? I've seen LED's with projectors take over.

http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/general-tech/335995-why-adding-hid-kit-your-car-non-projectors-housing-makes-you-ricer.html

There are many cars with projector lenses that use halogen bulbs. But the bulbs used in the projector housings do not, I repeat, do not have a shield on them. This is because the way a projector housing works, the lens (and if applicable, the shield build into the housing) does all the focusing. In some projector setups, both high and low beam patterns are available and are controlled with a movable shield.

Few more that claim it is wrong (sure it can be done though):
http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/2011-2014-mustang-talk/338954-if-you-have-hids-stock-housing-look.html
http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/vehicles-with-hid-lights-in-stock-headlights-reflectors.452978153/
https://www.hidplanet.com/forums/forum/general-discussion/specific-questions/35937-can-i-run-a-hid-in-a-reflector-housing

P.S. HID's in a reflector case is actually illegal in some states and you can get a ticket for it

EDIT: Since you said your Maxima has a heated stearing wheel I'll assume it had the "Driver Preferred Package" which did have HID's, but I still tell you man that was just some cheap trick to focus the light Maxima did. You are by far not getting true HID lighting....this is one loophole where it is legal since from manufacturer, but again they must have made a special housing to focus that light.

Again, projectors are predilectly used for better lighting output these days but doesn't mean manufacturers have never used a xenon set up on a non projector light. Lexus, Infiniti, Toyota and Nissan are some brands that come to mind that used factory installed xenon set ups without a projector, again my car for example. This is on older models of course as projectors and LED technology came out and manufacturers have switched since.

bulldog
Tue Sep 26th, 2017, 11:34 AM
Again, projectors are predilectly used for better lighting output these days but doesn't mean manufacturers have never used a xenon set up on a non projector light. Lexus, Infiniti, Toyota and Nissan are some brands that come to mind that used factory installed xenon set ups without a projector, again my car for example. This is on older models of course as projectors and LED technology came out and manufacturers have switched since. Yeah some old shit then because traditionally this is a big no-no in the car modding scene nowadays, but more as a aftermarket upgrade. Like that article said, some manufactures tried this and it quickly died!....good as that bulb was meant to be focused in properly! lol

madvlad
Tue Sep 26th, 2017, 11:38 AM
Yeah some old shit then because traditionally this is a big no-no in the car modding scene nowadays, but more as a aftermarket upgrade. Like that article said, some manufactures tried this and it quickly died!....good as that bulb was meant to be focused in properly! lol

Yeah, it was a phase that helped towards much better lighting technologies and the US is light years behind Europe on this. Some of the laser lighting technology used by BMW and MB is outstanding overseas.

bulldog
Tue Sep 26th, 2017, 11:40 AM
Yeah, it was a phase that helped towards much better lighting technologies and the US is light years behind Europe on this. Some of the laser lighting technology used by BMW and MB is outstanding overseas. Now I got to see your reflective housing to see how they focused this in, as normally those are just reflective material and a HID would throw light everywhere....must be some trick.

EDIT: OK, I bet your HID bulbs are D2R or D4R bulbs. Those two are meant for your stock headlights and bet that is why they don't shoot light everywhere like normal HID bulbs.

madvlad
Tue Sep 26th, 2017, 12:36 PM
Yes sir D2R set up on mine. They've been awesome and still working. 2002 with 245k, not even losing color yet lol. Gotta repolish my lights though

bulldog
Tue Sep 26th, 2017, 12:41 PM
Yes sir D2R set up on mine. They've been awesome and still working. 2002 with 245k, not even losing color yet lol. Gotta repolish my lights though Yeah that is a special bulb bro...no wonder I was confused as only those two bulbs do that. Here is how: shielding on the bulb itself is used to form more of a "cutoff" in the reflector housing

Whatever bro, get a real HID setup...hahahaha...jk

P.S. Careful though bro with D2R bulbs as they contain mercury; the D4R replaced it to remove that.

madvlad
Tue Sep 26th, 2017, 12:55 PM
Yeah that is a special bulb bro...no wonder I was confused as only those two bulbs do that. Here is how: shielding on the bulb itself is used to form more of a "cutoff" in the reflector housing

Whatever bro, get a real HID setup...hahahaha...jk

P.S. Careful though bro with D2R bulbs as they contain mercury; the D4R replaced it to remove that.

It is still an HID/Xenon set up, just is obviously a special set up due to reduced glare. Yeah once those lights go I believe the bulb has been superseded to the D4R cause of that.

bulldog
Tue Sep 26th, 2017, 01:00 PM
It is still an HID/Xenon set up, just is obviously a special set up due to reduced glare. Yeah once those lights go I believe the bulb has been superseded to the D4R cause of that. Yeah your 2 bulb loophole (really 1 bulb as they are the same minus mercury) of HID lights setups.....from like 15 years ago :lol:

It would be interesting to set the cars up side by side to see the difference on how they look. Those D2R bulbs are expensive, so they are sticking it to people.....seems they got popular on the Prius.

bulldog
Tue Sep 26th, 2017, 01:16 PM
What?!? I just googled 2017 & 2018 Ranger and pulled up a ton of shit. If you do buy a Ford, you have to go see Kristian Strub at AutoNation on Broadway & C470 (Kristian on this site). I would even start there for a used car to see if they have what I want.

I got my 2015 4-door F350 for $44k out the door! Not sure why their site shows this, but the Ranger was stopped way back on 12/22/11. https://cars.usnews.com/cars-trucks/best-cars-blog/2011/06/why-ford-is-discontinuing-the-ranger

madvlad
Tue Sep 26th, 2017, 06:04 PM
Not sure why their site shows this, but the Ranger was stopped way back on 12/22/11. https://cars.usnews.com/cars-trucks/best-cars-blog/2011/06/why-ford-is-discontinuing-the-ranger

That's why I didn't bother looking into it, cause Ford had scrapped it

madvlad
Tue Sep 26th, 2017, 07:09 PM
I could see if Charlie is interested in selling his to you. It would probably save you a lot of $$$, and I think it's a 2016 model year. (?)

Nah, I'm good but thanks man. Looking at something new, tired of fixing shit haha plus Tacoma used prices are insane anyways.

bulldog
Wed Sep 27th, 2017, 06:58 AM
That's why I didn't bother looking into it, cause Ford had scrapped it Was looking at the 2019 Ranger coming soon, but doesn't seem like good news as it appears it will be a short bed with 4 doors.

None of the 2019 Ford Ranger (http://www.motortrend.com/cars/ford/ranger/2019/)’s competitors currently offer a regular-cab body style, and we expect the Ranger’s lineup in the U.S. to start with the SuperCab two-door body style in the low $20,000 range, with a four-door SuperCrew model available for a few thousand more.
http://www.motortrend.com/news/2019-ford-ranger-what-to-expect/

http://st.motortrend.com/uploads/sites/5/2017/07/2015-Ford-Ranger-Wildtrak-Euro-Spec-front-three-quarter-02.jpg?interpolation=lanczos-none&fit=around|660:406

http://st.motortrend.com/uploads/sites/5/2017/04/2012-Ford-Ranger-rear-view.jpg?interpolation=lanczos-none&fit=around|660:413

madvlad
Wed Sep 27th, 2017, 08:36 AM
Was looking at the 2019 Ranger coming soon, but doesn't seem like good news as it appears it will be a short bed with 4 doors.

None of the 2019 Ford Ranger (http://www.motortrend.com/cars/ford/ranger/2019/)’s competitors currently offer a regular-cab body style, and we expect the Ranger’s lineup in the U.S. to start with the SuperCab two-door body style in the low $20,000 range, with a four-door SuperCrew model available for a few thousand more.
http://www.motortrend.com/news/2019-ford-ranger-what-to-expect/

http://st.motortrend.com/uploads/sites/5/2017/07/2015-Ford-Ranger-Wildtrak-Euro-Spec-front-three-quarter-02.jpg?interpolation=lanczos-none&fit=around|660:406

http://st.motortrend.com/uploads/sites/5/2017/04/2012-Ford-Ranger-rear-view.jpg?interpolation=lanczos-none&fit=around|660:413

Yeah, not a fan when I googled it and doubt it'll be as reliable or as good as the old one. Think I will stick to the Tacoma, just a matter of keep searching for the right package and price. Looks too much like a Chevy in my eyes

bulldog
Wed Sep 27th, 2017, 08:42 AM
Yeah, not a fan when I googled it and doubt it'll be as reliable or as good as the old one. Think I will stick to the Tacoma, just a matter of keep searching for the right package and price. Looks too much like a Chevy in my eyes Out of curiosity would you not go with a short bed like that? I've seen those trucks hauling bikes with the tailgate down.

I've seen a few options, what you think?

http://www.cari-mor.com/images/Slideshow/Motorcycle_Carrier_2.jpg

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/attachments/1st-gen-tacomas/58455d1272504517-2-motorcycles-side-side-bed-truckbedext.jpg

https://www.pickupspecialties.com/Cargo_gate/ampsite_slider_BXHDMoto.jpg

Or old school diagonally:
https://twstatic.net/attachments/dsc02728_5889a48525c1417a63c9b4c8ef81d5685b7b16b9-jpg.1662226/

madvlad
Wed Sep 27th, 2017, 08:50 AM
I will be hauling any bike on a trailer regardless, just want bed space in case I get furniture or whatever else you know? Plus I'll get a topper for when I stay at the race track I can set up a nice bed and Tv in there and chill That extra foot goes ways *insert dirty ass comment here* :lol:

bulldog
Wed Sep 27th, 2017, 09:09 AM
I will be hauling any bike on a trailer regardless, just want bed space in case I get furniture or whatever else you know? Plus I'll get a topper for when I stay at the race track I can set up a nice bed and Tv in there and chill That extra foot goes ways *insert dirty ass comment here* :lol: Damn, baller with a new truck and a new trailer coming soon hahaha...jk

I was going to get a truck for that same reason; to be able to haul stuff. In end it was cheaper to pay $20 to Home Depot to borrow one of their trucks. Plus I got no bike so I got to have a fast vehicle and the WRX works.

Good luck...I'll keep my eye out

salsashark
Wed Sep 27th, 2017, 09:12 AM
I will be hauling any bike on a trailer regardless, just want bed space in case I get furniture or whatever else you know? Plus I'll get a topper for when I stay at the race track I can set up a nice bed and Tv in there and chill That extra foot goes ways *insert dirty ass comment here* :lol:

So... absolutely gotta have a truck with a long bed so you can turn it into an SUV... ok?!

kidding man... whatever works for ya.

Damn, baller with a new truck and a new trailer coming soon hahaha...jk

I was going to get a truck for that same reason; to be able to haul stuff. In end it was cheaper to pay $20 to Home Depot to borrow one of their trucks. Plus I got no bike so I got to have a fast vehicle and the WRX works.

Good luck...I'll keep my eye out

This is why I got rid of my truck. I got tired of losing weekend because someone had a couch they wanted to move. The number of times I've regretted getting rid of my truck for the suv I can count on a single hand. Fortunately, there are still a few in the family if I really need one for more than a couple of hours.

madvlad
Wed Sep 27th, 2017, 09:15 AM
Can't fit as much into a SUV. Like yeah I'll have the topper for the trips to the track or out of state and stuff but I can have the bed space to put stuff in when I move or buy big stuff, etc and can tow as well plus have room for 5 people still. Checked out the 4runner and there's just about as much room as in my car after it's all said and done and you'd have to fold seats down to fit crap, defeats the purpose lol

bulldog
Wed Sep 27th, 2017, 09:30 AM
This is why I got rid of my truck. I got tired of losing weekend because someone had a couch they wanted to move. The number of times I've regretted getting rid of my truck for the suv I can count on a single hand. Fortunately, there are still a few in the family if I really need one for more than a couple of hours. Damir better think of this because he is already too nice and now his weekends will be filled with “favors” because of that truck :lol: Heck I got some stuff to take to the dump, so first dibs on Damir’s truck! :D

Yeah I basically thought about how many times I really hauled stuff and in end it was only a few times a year so wasn’t a good fit for me. I’m glad now as I feel a truck would just be too slow for me as I am used to sport cars. Then a second vehicle would just waste me money as I don’t drive all that much as it is because I take the light rail to work daily.

Can't fit as much into a SUV. Like yeah I'll have the topper for the trips to the track or out of state and stuff but I can have the bed space to put stuff in when I move or buy big stuff, etc and can tow as well plus have room for 5 people still. Checked out the 4runner and there's just about as much room as in my car after it's all said and done and you'd have to fold seats down to fit crap, defeats the purpose lol Damn, a new truck, new trailer, and a new topper camper…..you rob a bank or something lately homey? :lol:

Aaron
Wed Sep 27th, 2017, 10:16 AM
Wait a second, you wanted a fast car, so you bought a WRX?

Damir I wouldn't take any of this guy's advice. Your new Tacoma will have more horsepower than his "fast" car!

bulldog
Wed Sep 27th, 2017, 10:28 AM
Wait a second, you wanted a fast car, so you bought a WRX?

Damir I wouldn't take any of this guy's advice. Your new Tacoma will have more horsepower than his "fast" car!
I grew up pretty poor man so a WRX is pretty special to me; took me till like 35 to finally get one (mainly because I bought a house at age 20 instead). It's the Limited which has some of the STI mods so puts out about 300hp in that small car. Mainly it handles and performs well. Yeah I know it is no Ferrari, but I really do enjoy the car. I did test drive a used BMW 335 (the awd model; think a 2013 or 2014) a co-worker was selling and honestly I did not feel much of a power gain over the WRX...aren't those rated at like 300HP too (non "M" model)?. Not saying the WRX is faster, but I am a pretty good driver so I bet I could at least hang with you. I don't know, I guess compared to most "normal" cars I see on the road it is fast...it's no BMW, but I really do love the car and if I really got into more power it has a lot of potential :dunno:

I only have three payment left on it, so if I really wanted to I could upgrade pretty easily....but I won't as happy with it and would rather have no car payment.

P.S. Not many people know, but the WRX is faster than the STI in quarter mile and 0-60; because has 5 gears vs 6 (all good to me as I don't race in the 100+ mph)

Damir knows what I mean and so happy he is getting to the same point of getting the truck he has wanted for years...he's a good guy that deserves it :up:

Aaron
Wed Sep 27th, 2017, 11:19 AM
Fuck man, I was just messing around, but now I feel like shit! Nice come back, I respect what that car means to you, and the years of hard work it took to get it. And at the end of the day, if you like it, then fuck everyone else!

Buying the house was smart though. My Dad made me buy my house when I was 23-24ish, and I'm glad he did, because it's a stable investment. My girlfriend is always mentioning how I don't save enough money, but she forgets I have a $130,000 savings account (Still owe $110k), and it's growing every day, and every mortgage payment I make is $1500 more into the savings account.

The 335i is rated at 300hp, which is slightly low, most well-maintained ones will put down 300 at the wheels. But if they haven't been maintained well, that number can fall fast. And although the AWD ones are quick off the line, up top the AWD hurts it of course. A few minor bolt ons and you'd have no problem walking a stock 335i/xi. You may need a few more mods to hang with me though ;)

asp_125
Wed Sep 27th, 2017, 11:35 AM
I like my convertible and all, but it's very limited when you have to take stuff to the dump, make Home Depot runs, or deal with dogs. I miss my truck sometimes. We had two crew cab Frontiers, one basic SV 4x4 and one the Nismo edition. We test drove against the full sized 1/2 tons as well as the Taco. I didn't like the smaller Taco interior (what with dogs) and the fact that their seats placed me so low on the floor compared to the higher seating of the Frontier. Honestly if I were in the market for another pick up I would get the 2000-2006 Tundra again, for us that's an ideal size.

Kim-n-Dean
Wed Sep 27th, 2017, 11:49 AM
Shit!! My 2005 F-250 ate WRX and STIs for breakfast. They didn't have a prayer.

Just fuckin' with you guys. I know it's not a fair comparison. I built the truck to 600 H.P. and 900 Ft/Lbs of torque. I put over $13,000 into that piece of shit and around a week after putting the last $5,000 into it, it broke a rod and cracked the block. Yay!!!!

I had to back the tune way down for towing (melt the cylinder heads), but it sure was fun messing with sports cars.

The new truck is 440 H.P. and 860 Ft/Lbs stock, so now I have that power for towing. It'll pull my 13,000 Lb. toyhauler 70 mph up the West side of Eisenhower. Love it!!

bulldog
Wed Sep 27th, 2017, 11:56 AM
Fuck man, I was just messing around, but now I feel like shit! Nice come back, I respect what that car means to you, and the years of hard work it took to get it. And at the end of the day, if you like it, then fuck everyone else!

Buying the house was smart though. My Dad made me buy my house when I was 23-24ish, and I'm glad he did, because it's a stable investment. My girlfriend is always mentioning how I don't save enough money, but she forgets I have a $130,000 savings account (Still owe $110k), and it's growing every day, and every mortgage payment I make is $1500 more into the savings account.

The 335i is rated at 300hp, which is slightly low, most well-maintained ones will put down 300 at the wheels. But if they haven't been maintained well, that number can fall fast. And although the AWD ones are quick off the line, up top the AWD hurts it of course. A few minor bolt ons and you'd have no problem walking a stock 335i/xi. You may need a few more mods to hang with me though file:///C:/Users/NATHAN~1.MON/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image001.gif No big deal man….I figured you were just messing around, but I do know your BMW is nice and fast. Yeah stuff means way more when you never had much so when you get it, it tends to mean more. I got a friend with a Porshe, but he grew up rich, and doesn’t seem to really appreciate what he has and that is sad because if I had that car I’d baby it (well of course open her up as that is what she is meant for)….to him it’s just another expensive car of a long list of them he has had.

Good job man…..buying a house was the best decision I made. At age 20 it was a hard one because I did want to buy a STI/Evo instead or a new Honda CBR at the time. I had friends think I was crazy for doing this so young, but now it has been all worth it. Like you said, I consider my house a “savings account” in a way too; way houses are in Denver I doubt I’d have a hard time selling it pretty quick and making a ton of equity. Last I checked I owe about $120K and it values at $350K+ now…..took about 19 years, but I think I could always sell and get a nice $200k+check. To me it’s insane to rent here in Denver when you can buy a house cheaper, but I know it works for some people……

Yeah I forgot you have some mods on that BMW; mine is stock other than the STI parts it came with as I am sick of modding cars…..did it for years. Maybe I’ll get a COBB tuner and pay someone who knows what they are doing to remap it so it is closer to the STI HP. So far don’t want to mess with it much though. What all you got on that BMW?

Shit!! My 2005 F-250 ate WRX and STIs for breakfast. They didn't have a prayer.

Just fuckin' with you guys. I know it's not a fair comparison. I built the truck to 600 H.P. and 900 Ft/Lbs of torque. I put over $13,000 into that piece of shit and around a week after putting the last $5,000 into it, it broke a rod and cracked the block. Yay!!!!

I had to back the tune way down for towing (melt the cylinder heads), but it sure was fun messing with sports cars.

The new truck is 440 H.P. and 860 Ft/Lbs stock, so now I have that power for towing. It'll pull my 13,000 Lb. toyhauler 70 mph up the West side of Eisenhower. Love it!! lol....I almost put a disclaimer when I said that because there are some trucks that are super fast; some turbo diesels, those damn Turbo Porshe SUV's, those Acura SUV's, the SRT Jeeps, Raptors, etc.

EDIT: Was curious what is considered the fastest OEM truck; claim the Toyota Tundra TRD Supercharged! Damir, we found your next truck man! lol

There is a bit of controversy surrounding the world’s fastest pickup. In 2008, Motor Trend reported that the Toyota Tundra TRD Supercharger could scramble from zero to 60 in an insane 4.4 seconds (http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/trucks/112_0811_2008_toyota_tundra_trd_supercharged_test/viewall.html). While some have called that number into question (http://www.autoblog.com/2008/11/11/mt-claims-trd-supercharged-tundra-can-hit-60-mph-in-4-4-seconds/%20), no one has actually been able to refute it, so this Tundra variant gets to assume the throne as the world’s fastest. To put things in perspective, this is a full-size pickup truck that can keep pace with supercars from Ferrari, Aston Martin, etc. It gets there behind a goosed-up 5.7-liter V8 engine making 504 horsepower and 550 pound-feet of torque. Simply astounding stuff.

http://www.cheatsheet.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/toyota-tundra-trd-supercharged-photo-287443-s-1280x782-640x390.jpg?x87241

Aaron
Wed Sep 27th, 2017, 01:00 PM
The new truck is 440 H.P. and 860 Ft/Lbs stock, so now I have that power for towing. It'll pull my 13,000 Lb. toyhauler 70 mph up the West side of Eisenhower. Love it!!
Hopefully it doesn't do so for very long, otherwise you start seeing flying squirrels and shit!

What all you got on that BMW?

Intakes, charge pipes, intercooler, downpipes, e85 tune, low pressure fuel pump, and new coils. Basically what the community refers to as "full bolt on." Pushing 470rwhp/512rwtq.

Next on the list is a limited slip differential. Got it sitting in the garage, just waiting to get it put in. Just crazy BMW sold this car with a 1wd open diff, they were too scared of it competing with the M3.

Kim-n-Dean
Wed Sep 27th, 2017, 02:37 PM
Hopefully it doesn't do so for very long, otherwise you start seeing flying squirrels and shit! Sorry, don't get it, I'm slow on the uptake.

Next on the list is a limited slip differential. Got it sitting in the garage, just waiting to get it put in. Waiting to get it put in? Put that fucker in this weekend!!

~Barn~
Wed Sep 27th, 2017, 02:39 PM
I've believe more accurately, they are "lamps".

P.S. My buddy Mark just moved a Tacoma through his business. If you really are looking for a '16 or newer one, he can probably find one in your price range; if one is available. Let me know and I can message him.

Kim-n-Dean
Wed Sep 27th, 2017, 02:43 PM
lol....I almost put a disclaimer when I said that because there are some trucks that are super fast There are a few guys at Bandimere with 9 second turbo diesels. Everyday street trucks. Freakin' amazing!! Runnin' over 5,000 psi cylinder pressure. Propane injection, too...

BTW - Are you guys aware that diesels injector pressure is around 30,000 psi? Slightly more than the 80 psi on your average hi-performance car. When the injectors fuck up, they act like a water jet cutting head and will burn right through the pistons.

Kim-n-Dean
Wed Sep 27th, 2017, 07:52 PM
Bulb is a description of shape. The bulbous bow on a ship, a flower bulb, the bulb on a turkey baster, light bulb. Electricians scream all the time that they are lamps. Well, they are that, too.

I do agree that's it's not "hot water heater", though...

matt2778
Wed Sep 27th, 2017, 08:34 PM
I work at Toyota and tell everyone who asks about buying the new generation Tacoma don't. They are the biggest pile of shit Toyota has put out since the FRS. They have no power, transmission shifts all the time, have noises, the quality control on them are terrible.

madvlad
Wed Sep 27th, 2017, 09:06 PM
I work at Toyota and tell everyone who asks about buying the new generation Tacoma don't. They are the biggest pile of shit Toyota has put out since the FRS. They have no power, transmission shifts all the time, have noises, the quality control on them are terrible.

What do you do there if you don't mind me asking? Yeah the FRS and BRZ are way too much and really not worth it. I always had heard great things about the Tacomas and while no car is without issues but heard the 2017 Tacomas got all the 2016 issues fixed. I did hear of the learning period of the automatic transmission which sucks and why I'm looking at a 6 spd manual. Just curious to know what you guys actually see specifically. I used to work in dealers and have seen some crazy shit haha. Yeah considering leasing the Q50 redsport too, have some connections at Infiniti for some good deals haha

Aaron
Wed Sep 27th, 2017, 09:13 PM
Car and Driver is certainly not overly impressed with it, that's for sure. Sucks the autotragic's manual mode still gets overridden by the computer, I hate that. Low seats was an issue for me in previous generations, I guess that hasn't been fixed. And they weren't thrilled with the engine either. Wish it was as good as it looks.

http://www.caranddriver.com/toyota/tacoma

madvlad
Wed Sep 27th, 2017, 09:51 PM
There's compromises in all vehicles, plus it's a truck. If you want performance get a bike or a raptor :lol: ... I'm still going to test drive one and draw my own conclusions and even as much as it sucks, they're selling like hot cake still.

Captain Obvious
Thu Sep 28th, 2017, 08:31 AM
Just find the best deal on a Taco if it is big enough for you and keep it forever. My buddy purchased his older model 10+ years ago, drove it a ton until he had 300k on it, then the trnny started to act up, so bit the bullet and purchased a new one 2 years ago. They do put so many add ons that one starts to question, $40K+, why not just go up to a full size... Then they get you pushing up the price of the full size to be close to a diesel. You could always just go get a Mitsubishi Triton, they don't have a full size to tempt you.

salsashark
Thu Sep 28th, 2017, 08:46 AM
I've believe more accurately, they are "lamps".

I prefer "torch"... Or, is that just a limey term for flash light?! I don't know... so confusing.

bulldog
Thu Sep 28th, 2017, 09:00 AM
I prefer "torch"... Or, is that just a limey term for flash light?! I don't know... so confusing. Reminds me of the new Twix commercials :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPObrURega8

madvlad
Thu Sep 28th, 2017, 11:37 AM
Just find the best deal on a Taco if it is big enough for you and keep it forever. My buddy purchased his older model 10+ years ago, drove it a ton until he had 300k on it, then the trnny started to act up, so bit the bullet and purchased a new one 2 years ago. They do put so many add ons that one starts to question, $40K+, why not just go up to a full size... Then they get you pushing up the price of the full size to be close to a diesel. You could always just go get a Mitsubishi Triton, they don't have a full size to tempt you.

Yeah, that's what I was noticing is that the limited double cab Tacoma goes for about $41-42k and then a limited crewmax Tundra is only $2k more, makes absolutely no sense lol.... my price range is about $38k max and even that is pushing it. Looking for a off-road package, the sports have too mushy of a suspension from what I've heard but I will test drive both and see what up, may even test ride the Tundra for giggles lol.

matt2778
Thu Sep 28th, 2017, 11:52 AM
I'm a tech. Every the entire new generation of Tacoma have problems. I seen everyone wrong with them. And if you plan on towing for sure look at something else

madvlad
Thu Sep 28th, 2017, 12:02 PM
I'm a tech. Every the entire new generation of Tacoma have problems. I seen everyone wrong with them. And if you plan on towing for sure look at something else

That bad huh... Well shit you just shattered my dreams cause that's the only truck I like :lol: thanks for the input dude :up:

bulldog
Thu Sep 28th, 2017, 12:05 PM
I'm a tech. Every the entire new generation of Tacoma have problems. I seen everyone wrong with them. And if you plan on towing for sure look at something else You got a reliable truck brand/model you could recommend to Damir?

madvlad
Thu Sep 28th, 2017, 01:47 PM
You got a reliable truck brand/model you could recommend to Damir?

Ford, Chevy and Dodge look like dog shit, on how they look and how they ride and they have a lot of reliability issues. Just not a fan, guess there's no good truck options per se anymore and if there is indeed that many problems with it, I'm not dropping that kind of money on a car that will spend most of its life in a shop... bummer. Well guess Infiniti is my next option though it won't be no truck obviously.

bulldog
Thu Sep 28th, 2017, 02:07 PM
Ford, Chevy and Dodge look like dog shit, on how they look and how they ride and they have a lot of reliability issues. Just not a fan, guess there's no good truck options per se anymore and if there is indeed that many problems with it, I'm not dropping that kind of money on a car that will spend most of its life in a shop... bummer. Well guess Infiniti is my next option though it won't be no truck obviously. Save some cash and get a WRX instead! :D

You know I had to say it, but honestly I'd recommend Subaru all day long as I've been super happy with them.

Plus Infinity is just a more expensive Nissan.....but you know this. I actually remember you talking about how good Infinities were years ago....I did check, but they are pricey for what I wanted.

P.S. If you do consider it I'd let you take my car for a drive to see what you think (well with me as passenger); I don't do this for anyone, but I know your stick shift skills are on point

madvlad
Thu Sep 28th, 2017, 02:23 PM
Save some cash and get a WRX instead! :D

You know I had to say it, but honestly I'd recommend Subaru all day long as I've been super happy with them.

Plus Infinity is just a more expensive Nissan.....but you know this. I actually remember you talking about how good Infinities were years ago....I did check, but they are pricey for what I wanted.

P.S. If you do consider it I'd let you take my car for a drive to see what you think (well with me as passenger); I don't do this for anyone, but I know your stick shift skills are on point

Nah, Subaru isn't my piece of cake to be honest plus I'm past the sport car phase, just want something comfy for the most part, 2 wheels is where the fun is at anyways lol. I drove my friends 2017 STi and was rather impressed though, fun little box. The new Q50 has AWD as well, it also comes with a 3.0 300hp turbo motor or if you go to the redsport it goes to 400hp and it costs just as much as a fully loaded Tacoma lol. Also the customer service at Infiniti is amazing and their warranties are amazing as well. I worked for them for 5 years and they were solid cars for the most part, again no car car without issue but they were good cars and have been getting better given they're a newer brand. Yes, they are owned by Nissan but they're rather independent from Nissan just sharing very few platforms.

bulldog
Thu Sep 28th, 2017, 02:31 PM
Nah, Subaru isn't my piece of cake to be honest plus I'm past the sport car phase, just want something comfy for the most part, 2 wheels is where the fun is at anyways lol. I drove my friends 2017 STi and was rather impressed though, fun little box. The new Q50 has AWD as well, it also comes with a 3.0 300hp turbo motor or if you go to the redsport it goes to 400hp and it costs just as much as a fully loaded Tacoma lol. Also the customer service at Infiniti is amazing and their warranties are amazing as well. I worked for them for 5 years and they were solid cars for the most part, again no car car without issue but they were good cars and have been getting better given they're a newer brand. Yes, they are owned by Nissan but they're rather independent from Nissan just sharing very few platforms. Yeah if you don't car about speed then you can get a decent Q50 for about $34K, but that was bottom of line that I saw; AWD is about $36K. I'd have to get the AWD sport model which is like $51K....bit much for me!!!! Think I paid about $36K for the top of line WRX (with STI package, sunroof, heated seats, HID's, navigation and premium stereo, and a few others). Acura's are nice for sure, but you end up paying a bit more.

Either way happy for you homey :up:

Kim-n-Dean
Thu Sep 28th, 2017, 02:45 PM
I think any brand will be hit or miss. My buddies Tacoma is a total piece of shit. My other friend has never had a problem. Another friend with a 2004 Cummins Dodge has never had one single problem. Know plenty of people who said they'll never buy a Dodge again. My 2005 F-250 was a total piece of shit. Didn't make it a month before it stranded us high up on I-70 and was in the shop over nineteen times in the five year warranty. My 2015 has not had one single problem. Both trucks rode great. We never takes Kim's 2016 Escape, as fun as it is, we just prefer the truck.

Of all the Chrysler/Dodge vehicles I've owned in my fifty years, never had a problem with any of them. Owned plenty of Fords, too. The 2005 F-250 was the only one with problems. Chevy/GM, now that's a different story. Every single one of them was a piece of shit!

salsashark
Thu Sep 28th, 2017, 05:14 PM
I think any brand will be hit or miss. My buddies Tacoma is a total piece of shit. My other friend has never had a problem. Another friend with a 2004 Cummins Dodge has never had one single problem. Know plenty of people who said they'll never buy a Dodge again. My 2005 F-250 was a total piece of shit. Didn't make it a month before it stranded us high up on I-70 and was in the shop over nineteen times in the five year warranty. My 2015 has not had one single problem. Both trucks rode great. We never takes Kim's 2016 Escape, as fun as it is, we just prefer the truck.

Of all the Chrysler/Dodge vehicles I've owned in my fifty years, never had a problem with any of them. Owned plenty of Fords, too. The 2005 F-250 was the only one with problems. Chevy/GM, now that's a different story. Every single one of them was a piece of shit!

OK, that's funny... I wrote up something very similar earlier, but got sidetracked and didn't post it... :lol:

You remember my Multistrada, Damir? I had nothing but problems with that bike but knew others who had 10X the miles without issue #1

Find what works for you and hope for the best when it comes to getting the lemon. Personally, I never had any major issues with my F150 and my Dodge ram before that was falling apart with 80K on the clock. Now, I'm a year in to owning my Cayenne and haven't had any mechanical issues at all (mind you, it's a 2013 and I bought it with 40K on it). And, once I learned that Porsche's bluetooth programming sucks big hairy balls across their entire lineup, I no longer worry when my phone won't connect... Because, I know somewhere out there, is a guy who spent well north of $100K on a 911 and is experiencing the same exact problem! :lol:

madvlad
Thu Sep 28th, 2017, 05:21 PM
OK, that's funny... I wrote up something very similar earlier, but got sidetracked and didn't post it... :lol:

You remember my Multistrada, Damir? I had nothing but problems with that bike but knew others who had 10X the miles without issue #1

Find what works for you and hope for the best when it comes to getting the lemon. Personally, I never had any major issues with my F150 and my Dodge ram before that was falling apart with 80K on the clock. Now, I'm a year in to owning my Cayenne and haven't had any mechanical issues at all (mind you, it's a 2013 and I bought it with 40K on it). And, once I learned that Porsche's bluetooth programming sucks big hairy balls across their entire lineup, I no longer worry when my phone won't connect... Because, I know somewhere out there, is a guy who spent well north of $100K on a 911 and is experiencing the same exact problem! :lol:

Dude I feel for you on the multistrada, Lord that thing was bad. Did they replace the fork seals on that like 10 times in a year? :lol: yeah in the end is a crapshoot and I've had a very good track record with cars really, even with my 91' TSi :lol: ... going to test drive the 6spd manual tomorrow and an automatic and see how it feels, will test drive the new Q50 since when I was working there the turbo models were not available yet, just the 3.7 V6 VQ35DE with 330hp and 297trq and the hybrid 3.5 Q50 which was a peppy fuck, can't remember the numbers but they were rather high lol.

salsashark
Fri Sep 29th, 2017, 08:35 AM
^^ Only two sets of fork seals within a year... which led to finding the coolant leak... which then led to finding the stripped gas tank bolts... which led to that bike being left at Fays and me getting my Tuono!

madvlad
Fri Sep 29th, 2017, 08:37 AM
^^ Only two sets of fork seals within a year... which led to finding the coolant leak... which then led to finding the stripped gas tank bolts... which led to that bike being left at Fays and me getting my Tuono!

Glad you survived :lol: guess in that same regards I can say about my Ducati, have had zero issues with it *knock on wood* but other owners hate them lol

~Barn~
Fri Sep 29th, 2017, 10:11 AM
I hope you and Kim are doing well, Dean. Long time, no talk.

Aaron
Fri Sep 29th, 2017, 10:15 AM
Out of curiosity I built my own pickups online last night. Got a new Tacoma to just over $41,000 when all was said and done, and it was built how I liked.

Went to Ford and had some fun with an F150. The F150 ended at $46,000.

So for $5,000 more I get a V8 with 105hp more than the Taco, a better equipped and more spacious interior, more than double the towing and payload capacity, and damn near the same fuel economy.

Sorry Toyota, your truck looks cool, but looks don't add $15,000 worth of value.

madvlad
Fri Sep 29th, 2017, 10:49 AM
I just don't like Ford dude, their resale value is pretty horrible too. The Toyotas hold their value pretty darn good and can't drop $46k in a car anyways lol

Kim-n-Dean
Fri Sep 29th, 2017, 11:44 AM
Went to Ford and had some fun with an F150. The F150 ended at $46,000. Did you see my post about what I paid for my 2015 F-350 4-door diesel?

Kim-n-Dean
Fri Sep 29th, 2017, 11:45 AM
I hope you and Kim are doing well, Dean. Long time, no talk.So ol', same ol'. Nothing really changes...

Still breathing, still haven't won the lottery...

Kim-n-Dean
Fri Sep 29th, 2017, 11:46 AM
I just don't like Ford dude, their resale value is pretty horrible too. The Toyotas hold their value pretty darn good and can't drop $46k in a car anyways lolI don't worry about resale. I drive it 'till it disintegrates!

madvlad
Fri Sep 29th, 2017, 01:23 PM
I don't worry about resale. I drive it 'till it disintegrates!

That's what I usually do but well never know when you'd have to sell or whatever, might as well not lose much on it lol

So ol', same ol'. Nothing really changes...

Still breathing, still haven't won the lottery...

:lol:

madvlad
Fri Sep 29th, 2017, 01:35 PM
Well they just sold the last 3 6spd manuals they had and there are none left in the state, fak... :lol: They said I could maybe order one as an 18' but that's a long shot since Toyota is thinking about scrapping the manual transmission past this year which is bullshit, there are tons of people who look for manuals still.

matt2778
Fri Sep 29th, 2017, 05:14 PM
You got a reliable truck brand/model you could recommend to Damir?

Tundra is a good truck if you want gas. Dodge or GM if you want a diesel. I have a GM diesel.

madvlad
Fri Sep 29th, 2017, 05:46 PM
Just wish the Tundra was in my price range, that'd be my only option really. The diesels are so damn expensive though, at that point I would rather buy a luxury car.

Drano
Fri Sep 29th, 2017, 06:08 PM
Could have a lot of fun with the new F-150 EcoBoost

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N04wAE-1R18

madvlad
Fri Sep 29th, 2017, 07:01 PM
:lol: little fucker owned everyone

Aaron
Fri Sep 29th, 2017, 07:13 PM
Obviously most of those cars were a lot quicker, just a matter of slow R/T's and trouble getting off the line.

The problems with the EcoBoost are about 4 part. First, they cost $600 more than the 5.0. Not much, but it adds up. Second, they SUCK down the fuel once you put a load on them, mileage tanks. Third, they can run into major problems if you get poor quality fuel, or tune to the edge of the knock sensors. Their specific output is so high that any fuel inconsistency will cause serious knock problems. This is causing major headaches for law enforcement agencies that thought these were the solution to their problems. The last, and most significant problem in my opinion, is their long term durability. The specific output is so high, especially once tuned, I can't imagine the turbos going for more than 50-60,000, or the motor past 100-150. That's a lot of stress on naturally unstable architecture (V6).

That's why if it's an F150, I'm going for the 5.0. It suffers a bit in unloaded fuel economy, but that's the only place. They are 10hp higher than the turbo 6, albeit a bit slower, but I'll take it for the durability. Plus, nothing a blower can't fix.

madvlad
Sat Sep 30th, 2017, 08:37 AM
I'm not looking for performance in a truck anyways, just looking for something I like in the end really. As you can tell I am one picky bitch with my cars lol

Kristian
Sun Oct 1st, 2017, 04:29 PM
Tundra is just a Camry that sucks gas!

madvlad
Sun Oct 1st, 2017, 05:13 PM
Nothing personal but very poor comparison lol

The Black Knight
Sun Oct 1st, 2017, 05:13 PM
I'm not looking for performance in a truck anyways, just looking for something I like in the end really. As you can tell I am one picky bitch with my cars lol

You can always go the route of getting a nice car that you really want and then getting an old pickup truck for when you need it. That's what I did, got out of the new(er) trucks scene and went with a nice car and have had an old 1990 Chevy 1500 for over four years now. I love having an old truck. It's nice enough I can take it out on the town if I need, but it's beat enough that I don't even care if I get a scratch on it. I dented the hell out of the bed when I tore out a retaining wall at home and I don't even care. It's a truck and it runs great(235,000+ miles), just a good old chevy 350. Parts are cheap, had the water pump go out last year and it cost me 2 hours of my time and $29 for a new one at Autozone.

I've had a bunch of old trucks and honestly, my favorites were my old Ford Highboys(1970's trucks). I like my 90' chevy that I have now though, little more modern and not a problem child.

madvlad
Sun Oct 1st, 2017, 06:21 PM
You can always go the route of getting a nice car that you really want and then getting an old pickup truck for when you need it. That's what I did, got out of the new(er) trucks scene and went with a nice car and have had an old 1990 Chevy 1500 for over four years now. I love having an old truck. It's nice enough I can take it out on the town if I need, but it's beat enough that I don't even care if I get a scratch on it. I dented the hell out of the bed when I tore out a retaining wall at home and I don't even care. It's a truck and it runs great(235,000+ miles), just a good old chevy 350. Parts are cheap, had the water pump go out last year and it cost me 2 hours of my time and $29 for a new one at Autozone.

I've had a bunch of old trucks and honestly, my favorites were my old Ford Highboys(1970's trucks). I like my 90' chevy that I have now though, little more modern and not a problem child.

If I had the cash I would do an AWD car and do an 90's Toyota pickup with the 22re, little shits are awesome and indestructible lol but only have money for one and I'm not buying the newer car used, I want a brand spanking new car lol

The Black Knight
Sun Oct 1st, 2017, 06:39 PM
If I had the cash I would do an AWD car and do an 90's Toyota pickup with the 22re, little shits are awesome and indestructible lol but only have money for one and I'm not buying the newer car used, I want a brand spanking new car lol

Well you could get a new Subaru Baja, is a car and has a bed. Plus the car already looks like a mullet going down the road. :)

madvlad
Sun Oct 1st, 2017, 06:44 PM
Well you could get a new Subaru Baja, is a car and has a bed. Plus the car already looks like a mullet going down the road. :)

Yeah, no hard pass :lol:

~Barn~
Mon Oct 2nd, 2017, 05:34 PM
When are you thinking of pulling the trigger? Mark has found a few. Also, do you have a hard budget you're trying to stay under and will you want financing or do you want to see financing comparisons?

madvlad
Mon Oct 2nd, 2017, 05:57 PM
When are you thinking of pulling the trigger? Mark has found a few. Also, do you have a hard budget you're trying to stay under and will you want financing or do you want to see financing comparisons?

In the next week, the trick part is trying to find the package I want like salsa said lol, it's been hell. They just sold the last 3 6spd in the state and only one I've been able to find with the package I want is in California and for the price I want too. I'm trying to stay anywhere in between 35 to 37 max. If I go any higher than that, might as well get a Tundra at that point but don't want to spend that kind of money. Unfortunately most banks I've looked at and even credit unions aren't offering very good rates for new cars right now. TFS actually has very good rates at this moment from what I've gathered.

~Barn~
Mon Oct 2nd, 2017, 06:52 PM
Gotcha. Well I'll let Mark know you've got it all covered, but if you want to talk to him lemme know!

madvlad
Mon Oct 2nd, 2017, 07:49 PM
Does he work at a Toyota dealer or something?

Sully
Tue Oct 3rd, 2017, 08:00 AM
Seriously, call my friend, Damir. :up: Definitely wouldn't hurt to see what she can do for you :)

Oh and Aaron, you can't seriously compare a Taco to a F-150, they aren't even in the same class other than you can call them both a "truck" :roll:

madvlad
Tue Oct 3rd, 2017, 08:46 AM
Other than the Colorado, there are no other small trucks really and the Honda Ridgeline can't even be considered one :lol:

Aaron
Tue Oct 3rd, 2017, 08:48 AM
Thats kind of my point, Sully. There are 3 distinct classes just like sportbikes, light duty, medium duty, and heavy duty.

But the price of the light duty Tacoma was within $5,000 of the medium duty F150, the F150 of course offering higher specifications, but also more comfort items too.

I'm disappointed with how much the Tacoma costs, with how little it offers. And at the end of the day, the only reason it costs so much is Toyota capitalizing on its strong reputation for never dying. I'm not saying Damir is making a bad choice, I think it'll be a great truck, and certainly competant enough for most everything we could use it for. Plus it looks great.

mdub
Tue Oct 3rd, 2017, 09:40 AM
I like the tacomas. My kid says it's a lil tundra. We're just Toyota bias. Haha

~Barn~
Tue Oct 3rd, 2017, 11:11 AM
Does he work at a Toyota dealer or something?
No, he's an independent broker.

FZRguy
Tue Oct 3rd, 2017, 12:11 PM
We'll see what Ford has for Toyota when the new Ranger comes out in 2019.

Sully
Wed Oct 4th, 2017, 04:04 PM
I was interested in the Tacoma but when I drove it with the air conditioning on, it just didn't have the power... plus, with the cost of it, I felt that I could get more with a different vehicle. It also felt very cramped inside. I also looked at the Jeep Wrangler Rubicon and their prices were RIDICULOUS, especially since they aren't very reliable. I ended up getting an FJ and it took me about two years to really like it and enjoy everything it could do (compared to a Jeep). Granted, it has ZIP ZERO and absolutely no luxuries whatsoever, but it's very reliable and inexpensive to own (over my BMW's)!

Aaron
Wed Oct 4th, 2017, 05:04 PM
The FJ's are sweet rides, and may be inexpensive to own, but they sure as hell aren't to buy. I want to say they were the lowest depreciating car in recent history.

madvlad
Wed Oct 4th, 2017, 08:16 PM
They will hold their value even more now that Toyota decided to scrap it which I think it's very stupid imo. They were selling very well.

Sully
Thu Oct 5th, 2017, 07:55 AM
I definitely agree. Bought it new the last year they were made and I've had it about 4 years now and I could sell it now for what I paid for it back then, if not more :rock:. I'm on a couple FJ Forums and people do some fun and crazy stuff with theirs.

bulldog
Thu Oct 5th, 2017, 09:20 AM
Well depriciation is really only a concern if you plan to sell the car in the next few years; don't get it as cars are horrible investments (if you can even call them that; more just a "product" that will lose value). Unless someone is leasing I don't really get why people don't see they lose so much money just so they can get the "newer" model of a car when they sell every few years. So many people don't realize that if they sell the car and still owe, they just add that on to your new loan; therefore higher amount to pay interest on! Most are just happy they got approved for the loan.

Yes some cars will make the money back, but I'd say that is very rare; either some unique car or you got it really cheap.

I guess that is why I tend to keep cars for many years....plus love no car payments......3 more for me and my 2014 with 15K miles will be paid! Since I was 16 (39 now) I've only owned three cars...all paid off and kept payment free for many years! Just put it towards a house...now there is a great investment!

Considering Damir had his car for so long I would not worry about depreciation all that much since it seems you keep your cars a long time. Although my advice would be to save up to buy a house/condo instead and just get a beater for now.....get some roommates if needed!

Aaron
Thu Oct 5th, 2017, 10:39 AM
I've made money on 1 motorcycle and 3 cars. The cars were bought cheap, I was smart and knew they'd make money. The bike made money because it was a desirable model that was actually going up in value.

But by and large I'd agree with you, cars in general are shit investments. I've lost money on 5 of those, and 2 motorcycles. But I knew I'd lose that money going in.

Some people, like you bulldog, don't want to throw that money away. Personally I don't mind, it's a passion for me. Some people burn money on clothes, watches, vacations, etc. I spend it on cars/motorcycles. And I'm ok with that. I told my girlfriend, I will have a $1000/mo car or bike payment for the rest of my life. I'm only at 700 right now, so I'm under budget!

bulldog
Thu Oct 5th, 2017, 11:48 AM
I've made money on 1 motorcycle and 3 cars. The cars were bought cheap, I was smart and knew they'd make money. The bike made money because it was a desirable model that was actually going up in value.

But by and large I'd agree with you, cars in general are shit investments. I've lost money on 5 of those, and 2 motorcycles. But I knew I'd lose that money going in.

Some people, like you bulldog, don't want to throw that money away. Personally I don't mind, it's a passion for me. Some people burn money on clothes, watches, vacations, etc. I spend it on cars/motorcycles. And I'm ok with that. I told my girlfriend, I will have a $1000/mo car or bike payment for the rest of my life. I'm only at 700 right now, so I'm under budget!
Yeah I’ve made money (or broke even) on two of my motorcycles. First one was from Fey Meyers and they kind of screwed me; a used Katana. Second bike I said I was going to save till I had full money. Found a guy going through a divorce and took him cash about $1500 under what it was valued at for a F4I. Kind of a jerk move, but I told him “hey, you’re going through a divorce and most people are not going to bring in cash, therefore it would be reported and your wife would get half. With cash, this is your decision to report it (not my problem)” and he went for it. Rode for a few years and put about 15K miles on it…..in end sold it and made like $500. Next bike I bought from Dana (devaclis) and he was a cool guy who gave me a sweet deal on a CBR600RR. Again rode for a few years and a little over $10K miles on it and then sold it and think I broke even….rode for free all those years is how I feel about it.

You ever see that appraisal car show with Jay Leno? He goes through cars he has bought and gets them appraised and it is amazing how much he makes, but he knows what to look for. Think one episode he had a McLaren that went up in value crazy amounts! For sure it can be done!
Here it is
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfEOrZ432Jw

True, my newest passion has been vacations so I’ve spent a lot of money on them over the last few years I’ll never get back; at least one 7+ day vacation a year. Same with you though it makes me happy and that is what matters. Although you own a house, so at least you did that step first too…good job!

Damn, yeah I’ve never had a car payment over $400 a month. The WRX Limited was about $37K, but I sold my paid car and sportbike and put like $10K down. I do pay $500 a month though. At this point after the car is paid off I’ll be at zero debt (still have house payment, but that makes money in the end). I truly hate financing anything as I am frugal and hate paying interest.

Sully
Thu Oct 5th, 2017, 05:46 PM
I agree with Bulldog... cars are not investments but can people make money selling them? Sure... My FJ is paid off and I'm not really interested in a car payment, but I would like another luxury vehicle, so we'll see what happens, but there is NO WAY in hell I would have a car payment over $500/600 :crazy::scream2: I would also rather spend my $$ on experiences rather than material things... ;)

bulldog
Fri Oct 6th, 2017, 07:42 AM
I agree with Bulldog... cars are not investments but can people make money selling them? Sure... My FJ is paid off and I'm not really interested in a car payment, but I would like another luxury vehicle, so we'll see what happens, but there is NO WAY in hell I would have a car payment over $500/600 :crazy::scream2: I would also rather spend my $$ on experiences rather than material things... ;) I wonder if "experiences" comes with age because when I was younger I thought vacations were a waste of money because in the end you get nothing material. When Dave and Ashli got married I was in wedding so I was forced to go to Playa Del Carmen. We both loved it and since then we try each year for some vacation. Just having a vacation to look forward to helps a a lot, then just being able to see new places has made me more happy than the material possessions I used to think were everything. On my deathbed hopefully I will think of all the vacations I took and the experiences I got over the material stuff I've had.

Damir is probably going to get into the $500+ a month car payment....$37K on a standard loan is usually about $700 a month (depending how much is put down)....yeah too much for my cheap ass. :lol: I think his Columbian connections are helping him out :D

salsashark
Fri Oct 6th, 2017, 08:48 AM
I agree with Bulldog... cars are not investments but can people make money selling them? Sure... My FJ is paid off and I'm not really interested in a car payment, but I would like another luxury vehicle, so we'll see what happens, but there is NO WAY in hell I would have a car payment over $500/600 :crazy::scream2: I would also rather spend my $$ on experiences rather than material things... ;)

Working like mad to pay off my car... So I can go hunt for another fun car :D

After selling the Opel, my garage has an open slot... Once I get Keyser's FJ outta there, I'll need another "fun" car.

I wonder if "experiences" comes with age because when I was younger I thought vacations were a waste of money because in the end you get nothing material. When Dave and Ashli got married I was in wedding so I was forced to go to Playa Del Carmen. We both loved it and since then we try each year for some vacation. Just having a vacation to look forward to helps a a lot, then just being able to see new places has made me more happy than the material possessions I used to think were everything. On my deathbed hopefully I will think of all the vacations I took and the experiences I got over the material stuff I've had.

I'll tell you, after spending the last few years travelling all over the world for work (and some for fun), I regret not trying to travel more. When I was younger, it was all about stupid purchases with expendable funds. I should have been putting that money into plane tickets instead of paintball and bar tabs! haha...

Next on my list is to go back to Japan, and actually spend time there instead of a long layover. Hopefully in 2018.

madvlad
Fri Oct 6th, 2017, 12:51 PM
Yeah, they're not willing to budge on price which is bullshit given the truck I'm looking at has been on the lot for nearly a year. Well won't buy until I find the proper price. The 2018 models are already on the lot so don't understand why they're overcharging the truck. I want one but not that bad lol. If not fuck it, I'll keep driving my maxima haha

~Barn~
Fri Oct 6th, 2017, 02:03 PM
My next car is going to have an "M" or an "AMG" badge on it, methinks. That or the prancing horse of Stuttgart. :D

salsashark
Fri Oct 6th, 2017, 02:22 PM
The little horses are good! Quite happy with mine. Definitely wouldn't mind having a Cayman S.

madvlad
Fri Oct 6th, 2017, 03:29 PM
Isn't the Cayman the one you were looking at barn? That one at the car show that day was super pimp

Aaron
Fri Oct 6th, 2017, 03:49 PM
All of the new BMW's suck. They've become Toyota Camrys. Actually, I take that back, the Camry is better.

Want a driver's car? Lexus, Cadillac, AMG, or Porsche.

Want a minivan? BMW.

madvlad
Fri Oct 6th, 2017, 04:02 PM
BMW fucked up on their X1 for sure, made it FWD based so pretty much a countryman, it's idiotic. Their 320 series is uber cheap and expensive as hell for what it is. They're just not as nice in general as they used to be. They're fun to drive but I wouldn't own one.

Kristian
Fri Oct 6th, 2017, 10:59 PM
I wonder if "experiences" comes with age because when I was younger I thought vacations were a waste of money because in the end you get nothing material. When Dave and Ashli got married I was in wedding so I was forced to go to Playa Del Carmen. We both loved it and since then we try each year for some vacation. Just having a vacation to look forward to helps a a lot, then just being able to see new places has made me more happy than the material possessions I used to think were everything. On my deathbed hopefully I will think of all the vacations I took and the experiences I got over the material stuff I've had.

Damir is probably going to get into the $500+ a month car payment....$37K on a standard loan is usually about $700 a month (depending how much is put down)....yeah too much for my cheap ass. :lol: I think his Columbian connections are helping him out :D

Is 0% for 72 months available? Otherwise someone is doing bad math.

madvlad
Sat Oct 7th, 2017, 07:14 AM

Currently only .9% for 72 months on 2017 Tundras and 2.9% on 2017 Tacomas through TFS. The 0% offers ended on the 2nd unfortunately. May have to wait until the end of the year for better deals.

bulldog
Sat Oct 7th, 2017, 07:32 AM
Who does math anymore when we have tools for that. 37k with zero down for 60 months is about $667 a month not even factoring in sales tax.
https://www.cars.com/car-loan-calculator/

ive always heard 60 months is the standard loan. 72 months is ok for zero interest but if not your just paying more by extending the loan

madvlad
Mon Oct 9th, 2017, 06:36 PM
For those who have purchased a new car out of state before, how did the taxes and all that shit work? Found the literal exact truck that I want in SLC for literally almost $3000 less, may go get it soon.

Kim-n-Dean
Mon Oct 9th, 2017, 06:51 PM
For those who have purchased a new car out of state before, how did the taxes and all that shit work? Found the literal exact truck that I want in SLC for literally almost $3000 less, may go get it soon.Everything is more expensive, here. If you're willing to make the drive, you can get boats, dirt bikes, cars, trucks, pretty much everything for less. Tax is still based on where you live.

madvlad
Mon Oct 9th, 2017, 07:02 PM
Everything is more expensive, here. If you're willing to make the drive, you can get boats, dirt bikes, cars, trucks, pretty much everything for less. Tax is still based on where you live.

Just wanted to know if the sales tax would be charged at the time of license plates or can they charge it as if when you buy it here at the table, that's all.

Aaron
Mon Oct 9th, 2017, 07:10 PM
Ride your bike out to SLC, throw it in the back, that's how I'd do it!

Sales tax is done at your bank by your bank, and can be wrapped into the loan, just as if you bought the car here from a dealer.

madvlad
Mon Oct 9th, 2017, 07:14 PM
Ride your bike out to SLC, throw it in the back, that's how I'd do it!

Sales tax is done at your bank by your bank, and can be wrapped into the loan, just as if you bought the car here from a dealer.

Nah, just going to do everything from here. My friend works at that dealer and told me about the truck. If the shipping cost is doable, I'll just have them ship it to my door

Kim-n-Dean
Mon Oct 9th, 2017, 07:41 PM
Just wanted to know if the sales tax would be charged at the time of license plates or can they charge it as if when you buy it here at the table, that's all.You can do it however you like. Pay it up front, roll it into your loan, pay it when you get your plates.

madvlad
Mon Oct 9th, 2017, 08:14 PM
You can do it however you like. Pay it up front, roll it into your loan, pay it when you get your plates.

Sweet, thanks man. Have never bought a car out of state before so just curious if the laws differed or whatever. :up:

bulldog
Tue Oct 10th, 2017, 05:38 AM
Sweet, thanks man. Have never bought a car out of state before so just curious if the laws differed or whatever. :up: Don't forget to save some money to register and get plates. You'll have a few with temp tabs but here in CO new cars are expensive. I'd bet over $500 first year.....maybe more as I think it is based of of value and age.

Just a FYI because I came from NM where it was like $25 and then got the "shock" of how high CO is as value goes up on a car!

This should help (per the article looks like they will get CO taxes from you at this time): https://www.denvergov.org/content/denvergov/en/denver-motor-vehicle/register-a-vehicle/fees-and-sales-tax.html

Jeffco, but gave some more info: http://jeffco.us/motor-vehicle/fees/

Trying to remember what I paid, but it is a 2014 and think this year I paid close to $400....crooks, but no choice!

salsashark
Tue Oct 10th, 2017, 08:17 AM
I've purchased numerous cars out of state... While CO is expensive, at least they don't have an excise tax like MD did. I bought my F150 when I lived in CO, then I moved to MD. Bastards charged me 2500 bucks because I had owned it for less than two years before moving to MD. MD was absolutely brutal. To register the F150 and the Aprilia, I was in for over $3K. Oh, and the truck failed MD safety inspection because I had the front windows tinted. Cost me another couple hundred to have the tint removed, then put back on after I moved to SC.

One other point, when buying out of state, you'll only get a 30 day temp, not the usual 45. You'll also need to get a VIN inspection done, but that's easy. Find your local PD and they'll take care of it. Hell, Douglas County has a semi-retired guy who came out to my house and did VINS for all of my vehicles when I moved back last year.

madvlad
Tue Oct 10th, 2017, 08:42 AM
Nevermind, they just conveniently "sold it but are trying to sell me another one in the same package for nearly $40k. That's insane lol

madvlad
Tue Oct 10th, 2017, 08:50 AM
I've purchased numerous cars out of state... While CO is expensive, at least they don't have an excise tax like MD did. I bought my F150 when I lived in CO, then I moved to MD. Bastards charged me 2500 bucks because I had owned it for less than two years before moving to MD. MD was absolutely brutal. To register the F150 and the Aprilia, I was in for over $3K. Oh, and the truck failed MD safety inspection because I had the front windows tinted. Cost me another couple hundred to have the tint removed, then put back on after I moved to SC.

One other point, when buying out of state, you'll only get a 30 day temp, not the usual 45. You'll also need to get a VIN inspection done, but that's easy. Find your local PD and they'll take care of it. Hell, Douglas County has a semi-retired guy who came out to my house and did VINS for all of my vehicles when I moved back last year.

Remind me to never move to the east coast then :lol:

bulldog
Tue Oct 10th, 2017, 09:22 AM
Since Wicky and I were making meme's, figured we needed one for Damir:

https://i.imgflip.com/1xd1ev.jpg
https://imgflip.com/i/1xd1ev

madvlad
Tue Oct 10th, 2017, 09:39 AM
I haggle son, if I can find it cheaper elsewhere, I will do it. Why not?

bulldog
Tue Oct 10th, 2017, 09:58 AM
I haggle son, if I can find it cheaper elsewhere, I will do it. Why not? Because you usually end up getting what you pay for....anyways that is what I have learned. Sometimes you can get a killer deal, but on a Tacoma that is in high demand, I'd be careful unless it is brand new because anyone selling a used one at a "good price" has to know these trucks keep their value. I mean look how fast that one you posted just sold.....

Same thing happened with my WRX. It was nearly impossible to get one when it was announced the new 2015 was going from the 2.5 liter to the 2.0 litter; and discontinuing the hatchback. To get mine I followed shipments from Subaru in Japan and the day it was delivered to Groove I called before they even knew it was on the truck. They had 2 WRX's and by the time I got there, less than 15 minutes one had sold. Unfortunately that left me with very little negation room because they knew it would sell either way. Just seems same way with the Tacomas; in high demand!

The when I did look into used WRX's the few I found at good deals I could tell the cars had been driven hard and who knows what internal damage they had; hence the low price. Anytime I found one that was taken care of and owned by a "responsible" adult, the price was only a little less than a new WRX...why bother then for that may as well get new...which I did.

You have better mechanical skills than me so you at least know what to look for.

Dealers are even worse....they know exactly what sells and what does not. Bottom line is they want commision so finding a good deal at a dealer is harder especially on these high demand vehicles. Now if they have 10 on the lot, game on....haggle away!

Unfortunately when we have our heart set on a specific brand and package, it gets harder to negotiate. You could get lucky though man....who knows. I've just been screwed over a few times by "killer deals" and learned the hard way.

I'm really just trying to help man.....I'm a lot smarter than people give me credit for :lol:

madvlad
Tue Oct 10th, 2017, 10:21 AM
Because you usually end up getting what you pay for....anyways that is what I have learned. Sometimes you can get a killer deal, but on a Tacoma that is in high demand, I'd be careful unless it is brand new because anyone selling a used one at a "good price" has to know these trucks keep their value. I mean look how fast that one you posted just sold.....

Same thing happened with my WRX. It was nearly impossible to get one when it was announced the new 2015 was going from the 2.5 liter to the 2.0 litter; and discontinuing the hatchback. To get mine I followed shipments from Subaru in Japan and the day it was delivered to Groove I called before they even knew it was on the truck. They had 2 WRX's and by the time I got there, less than 15 minutes one had sold. Unfortunately that left me with very little negation room because they knew it would sell either way. Just seems same way with the Tacomas; in high demand!

Unfortunately when we have our heart set on a specific brand and package, it gets harder to negotiate. You could get lucky though man....who knows. I've just been screwed over a few times by "killer deals" and learned the hard way.

I'm really just trying to help man.....I'm a lot smarter than people give me credit for :lol:

The least amount of time a car is on a lot, the less haggle room on price there is. Granted yours hadn't even been through the PDI yet and you wanted it, they knew they had you lol. From 2017 to 2018 there won't be a single change to the Tacoma so that's why I'm trying to go for a 2017 so that way I can haggle more since they've been on the lot longer and they need to make room for the 2018 line up, plus they don't want to pay tax on leftover inventory at the end of the year so they will be pushing to get cars off the lot. Sometimes just have to keep shopping, lurk and be patient and the deal will land.

bulldog
Tue Oct 10th, 2017, 10:26 AM
The least amount of time a car is on a lot, the less haggle room on price there is. Granted yours hadn't even been through the PDI yet and you wanted it, they knew they had you lol. From 2017 to 2018 there won't be a single change to the Tacoma so that's why I'm trying to go for a 2017 so that way I can haggle more since they've been on the lot longer and they need to make room for the 2018 line up, plus they don't want to pay tax on leftover inventory at the end of the year so they will be pushing to get cars off the lot. Sometimes just have to keep shopping, lurk and be patient and the deal will land. This is the same thing you told me about a GF....and years later you are still looking :lol:

Good luck man...persistence does pay off :)

Plus I'm all confused as thought you decided against a new Tacoma as a bunch of people say they are not reliable now....figured you went back to looking for a used one :dunno:

P.S. They never "had me" as I had the option to walk out at anytime...I made the decision to pay a little more for what I wanted because I was financially in a position to do that. Groove Subaru was awesome though and I was very happy with the deal I got.

madvlad
Tue Oct 10th, 2017, 10:31 AM
This is the same thing you told me about a GF....and years later you are still looking :lol:

Good luck man...persistence does pay off :)

Who said I was looking? Lol I never was or am really. Relationships these days are bullshit, it's not your titty, its a community titty and I'm not okay with that, rather be single and do whatever the fuck I want to do instead of being dictated to which also sums up about 99% of relationships these days. But anyways back to the car talk :lol:

bulldog
Tue Oct 10th, 2017, 11:03 AM
Who said I was looking? Lol I never was or am really. Relationships these days are bullshit, it's not your titty, its a community titty and I'm not okay with that, rather be single and do whatever the fuck I want to do instead of being dictated to which also sums up about 99% of relationships these days. But anyways back to the car talk :lol:

I thought that was every straight man's perogitive; been mine since like age 15....love women (nothing more beautiful to me) ! :lol:

Seriously though my wife is the best thing I have and my best friend. I would not trade that for the world. We don't control eachother at all; you ever seen me all worried to get home because my wife told me to....hell no. Same with her and if I told her what to do she'd laugh at me. You just got to find the right one.....if you decide to look, that is.

Community titty.....um hell no....it is mine and only mine....I trust my wife 100% on that. Anyone else grabs those giant titties they will get a punch in their face by me.

Hey if anyone is persistent enough to find that good deal on a Tacoma it is you man as you've never been a lazy guy. :up: You considered ebay? Well for used I guess. Known a few people that bought cars off there and were happy with them.

madvlad
Tue Oct 10th, 2017, 11:20 AM
I thought that was every straight man's perogitive; been mine since like age 15....love women (nothing more beautiful to me) ! :lol:

Seriously though my wife is the best thing I have and my best friend. I would not trade that for the world. We don't control eachother at all; you ever seen me all worried to get home because my wife told me to....hell no. Same with her and if I told her what to do she'd laugh at me. You just got to find the right one.....if you decide to look, that is.

Community titty.....um hell no....it is mine and only mine....I trust my wife 100% on that. Anyone else grabs those giant titties they will get a punch in their face by me.

Hey if anyone is persistent enough to find that good deal on a Tacoma it is you man as you've never been a lazy guy. :up: You considered ebay? Well for used I guess. Known a few people that bought cars off there and were happy with them.

I never said I didn't like women, I do but just what most women look for in a guy these days is not me bro, I'm that nice guy and there's no room for that in most womens eyes these days, they want an alpha male aka the badass and not a gentleman which they confuse with being a pussy and that's not the case at all, just cause I don't treat a girl like shit, doesn't mean I'm a pussy but again, that's how their perception on that matter works. Your guys marriage falls into that sane side of the 1% bro, it's a rarity to find that for sure and glad you're in that position. Times have changed and I'm too old school for this new school shit, just can't go with it. It's all about swinging and sharing lol, eh no sharing is not caring in this situation, like you said or it's mine or nothing at all :lol: if by any chance in hell there is that one girl out there for me then all in it's sweet time, if not I'm not bothered as I'm okay being a loner, it's been most of my life anyways, rather enjoy it most of the time actually.

Yeah as far as the truck goes, I may have just worked my magic and they may be willing to price match the other one just to make the sale. The dude I spoke with asked me, you've worked in this before haven't you? :lol: I was like yep so they know they won't push me around in pricing. The rebate and discounts they're giving the truck would cover taxes and most fees and it comes with the package and color I want which is getting scarce, I wouldn't be able to get that deal here anywhere. Spoke with The guys at Stapp and they kind of laughed and said there is no way they could match that, so hey they can't say I didn't give them a fair chance at earning my business. The other one in SLC they sold it was on the lot for 2 days lol. That's how popular that gray double cab 6spd is and I can't believe they may be scrapping the manual soon.

bulldog
Tue Oct 10th, 2017, 11:46 AM
I never said I didn't like women, I do but just what most women look for in a guy these days is not me bro, I'm that nice guy and there's no room for that in most womens eyes these days, they want an alpha male aka the badass and not a gentleman which they confuse with being a pussy and that's not the case at all, just cause I don't treat a girl like shit, doesn't mean I'm a pussy but again, that's how their perception on that matter works. Your guys marriage falls into that sane side of the 1% bro, it's a rarity to find that for sure and glad you're in that position. Times have changed and I'm too old school for this new school shit, just can't go with it. It's all about swinging and sharing lol, eh no sharing is not caring in this situation, like you said or it's mine or nothing at all :lol: if by any chance in hell there is that one girl out there for me then all in it's sweet time, if not I'm not bothered as I'm okay being a loner, it's been most of my life anyways, rather enjoy it most of the time actually.

Yeah as far as the truck goes, I may have just worked my magic and they may be willing to price match the other one just to make the sale. The dude I spoke with asked me, you've worked in this before haven't you? :lol: I was like yep so they know they won't push me around in pricing. The rebate and discounts they're giving the truck would cover taxes and most fees and it comes with the package and color I want which is getting scarce, I wouldn't be able to get that deal here anywhere. Spoke with The guys at Stapp and they kind of laughed and said there is no way they could match that, so hey they can't say I didn't give them a fair chance at earning my business. The other one in SLC they sold it was on the lot for 2 days lol. That's how popular that gray double cab 6spd is and I can't believe they may be scrapping the manual soon.

I feel you man.....preaching to the choir as couldn't agree more on being a "nice guy" and how so few women seem to appreciate that nowadays. I went through this with BigJ, who read and attended seminars of how to be a "pick up artist" and sadly it worked. I would be myself and not play this "game" and would get left behind by guys that could lie or do whatever to "sell" themselves like he did....really confused me. Honestly I had pretty much given up when I met my wife, so sometimes that is when it happens. Just keep doing whjat you are doing man and maybe one day it will happen and you will find a good girl.

Honestly I have more respect that you are not just going for a girl you settle on and waiting for the right one. I've seen to many friends stuck in the sistuation you talked about; controlled because they settled and were afraid to be alone! I feel the best thing a person can do is learn to be comfortable alone so when you meet someone else it is because you want to be with them and not because you feel you need to be.

Yeah never was into sharing my women....I'm way to jaelous for that. As for cheating I always tell myself "how would I feel if she cheated on me" and that makes me realize it's not worth it because I know I'd be so hurt.

Nice...I love the "price match" tactic and putting one dealer against another. I did this before and had two dealerships so angry because as soon as one matched the price I called the other and gave them the opportunity to match it...went on and on till one finally got pissed and I got the lowest price I could. Worked though, but was a lot of time going back and forth.

Mother Goose
Tue Oct 10th, 2017, 12:28 PM
Nice...I love the "price match" tactic and putting one dealer against another. I did this before and had two dealerships so angry because as soon as one matched the price I called the other and gave them the opportunity to match it...went on and on till one finally got pissed and I got the lowest price I could. Worked though, but was a lot of time going back and forth.
When I worked at G-Force, we'd match an offer if you were in the shop. If you called them up and tried to go back and forth, we'd tell you to go buy it from the other store. :lol:
http://i.lvme.me/jaa7pj5.jpg

Cars is a bit different than motorcycles though. Not much mark up when it comes to the bike, so not a lot of wiggle room, which most people don't understand.

bulldog
Tue Oct 10th, 2017, 02:16 PM
When I worked at G-Force, we'd match an offer if you were in the shop. If you called them up and tried to go back and forth, we'd tell you to go buy it from the other store. :lol:

Who buys vehicles off of Colfax anyways....everyone knows those are junkers for people with bad credit. :lol: Just Kidding....

madvlad
Tue Oct 10th, 2017, 02:18 PM
No chill :lol:

Mother Goose
Tue Oct 10th, 2017, 03:29 PM
https://static4.fjcdn.com/thumbnails/comments/3129045+_d4ae4f7ef2c0b510e2005726a38e109f.jpg

FZRguy
Tue Oct 10th, 2017, 07:24 PM
Cars? What about the women on Colfax!!! ;) And really dude, go buy a Raptor from Kristain (on this thread). A number of us have bought Ford vehicles from him (straight shooter with no BS). Shameless plug for Ford....cuz I'm a stockholder.

The Black Knight
Tue Oct 10th, 2017, 07:41 PM

Welcome to the club of MGTOW(pronounced MIG-TAO). MGTOW = Men Going Their Own Way.

Basically, MGTOW is the product of the ever growing Feminist movement. Women have cried out for so long that they don't need a Man. Well now, Men are starting to give them what they ask for and go their own way.

Here's the thing. Guys don't want to get married with the divorce rate at 51% now. That means every other marriage tanks. So what happens when the marriage tanks and the divorces rolls around?? The guy gets the shaft. Judges and lawyers go after men with an insatiable appetite, then the men are left footing Alimony, child support and losing all their other stuff.

These days all a woman has to do is cry domestic abuse or assault and you can lose your home, your second amendment rights and have a mountain of legal issues against you. All for a misdemeanor. So men aren't about to move in with women.

Men are tired of getting sh*t on. Even hardcore liberal leftist women expect men to pay for everything while dating. What a minute, I though this was the age of equality. How about a woman pay for the first date for once?? How about they pick up the tab for everything? Nah, let the dumb guys do it.

I'm with you Damir, I'm an old school gentleman myself. I once believed in chivalry and all that sh*t. Not anymore. I've seen way to many friend and family get taken to the cleaners in bad divorces. That I won't get married. I don't believe in it anymore. And I sure as hell won't live with a woman. If she ain't my wife, then she sure as hell won't live in my house and try telling me how to live life.

Many of them want a meal ticket and they jump to the next better one that comes along. I'm not saying all women are this way, there are plenty out there that are in our shoes, just going about living life.

Women don't want an alpha males. Being a bad ass doesn't make an alpha male. All that makes is an asshole. In reality a true alpha male, is reserved, commands respect and respects others. Leads by example, listens to experience of others and isn't afraid to seek help in any situation. Alpha's are confident, show courage and leadership, seek extreme ownership and tend to have very dominant personalities. There are good alpha's and bad alpha's.

Just like there are good and bad Beta males and even Omega's.

Now as far as the whole swingers and swinging thing, yeah that's just creepy. I don't know why people even bother to get married if all they want to do is screw around. Just stay single and it keeps it way more simple.

I don't share sh*t, so it would come as no surprise that I won't share a woman. Even while just starting out dating, I make it known to the lady that I'll focus only on her and I expect the same courtesy in return. If I find out that she's playing the field with me, then I'll dump her in a heartbeat. I don't play games and I don't like games being played with me. My time is valuable and I hate when it gets wasted.

p.s.
go look up some MGTOW stuff on YouTube and you'll get good info on the movement and some chuckles along the way with how some guys analyze stuff. MGTOW 101 is one of the better ones on YouTube to look up.

Mother Goose
Wed Oct 11th, 2017, 08:15 AM
So.... how bout those Tacomas, huh? :lol:

madvlad
Wed Oct 11th, 2017, 08:30 AM
So.... how bout those Tacomas, huh? :lol:

It wouldn't be the CSC if we didn't get off track bro :lol: now back to our regular scheduled programming

bulldog
Wed Oct 11th, 2017, 09:07 AM
It wouldn't be the CSC if we didn't get off track bro :lol: now back to our regular scheduled programming :lol: Oops, sorry fort he derailment.

I agree with Jon.....Ford Raptor! I have a friend that has one and loves it...plus I think it looks awesome. One problem....like $50k+ :lol:

madvlad
Wed Oct 11th, 2017, 09:13 AM
:lol: Oops, sorry fort he derailment.

I agree with Jon.....Ford Raptor! I have a friend that has one and loves it...plus I think it looks awesome. One problem....like $50k+ :lol:

That's my issue, if budget wasn't a problem I would be looking at an insane ass car and a fully loaded Tundra :lol:

bulldog
Wed Oct 11th, 2017, 09:47 AM
That's my issue, if budget wasn't a problem I would be looking at an insane ass car and a fully loaded Tundra :lol:
Hey at least you are sticking to a budget. Half of Americans just buy it and worry about paying later....I've had many friends with car repos for this reason; bought over their head!

Yeah bro, my friend got some high end model (with additions) and paid over $70K for his Raptor. Plus he has that new Camaro Z28.

madvlad
Wed Oct 11th, 2017, 01:57 PM
Hey at least you are sticking to a budget. Half of Americans just buy it and worry about paying later....I've had many friends with car repos for this reason; bought over their head!

Yeah bro, my friend got some high end model (with additions) and paid over $70K for his Raptor. Plus he has that new Camaro Z28.

Yeah, definitely key to stay in budget, mainly these days with the ever so rising cost of living.

madvlad
Sun Oct 15th, 2017, 07:03 PM
Alrighty, everything has been finalized this weekend and was able to haggle the price down another $1,500. Truck ships into SLC next weekend which is my birthday so perfect timing but will be at PMP for last round and won't be able to fly out and pick the truck up until the November 2nd anyways. Pretty excited, my first brand new vehicle :D

bulldog
Mon Oct 16th, 2017, 12:17 PM
Alrighty, everything has been finalized this weekend and was able to haggle the price down another $1,500. Truck ships into SLC next weekend which is my birthday so perfect timing but will be at PMP for last round and won't be able to fly out and pick the truck up until the November 2nd anyways. Pretty excited, my first brand new vehicle :D Congrats man :up:

Although now idea where SLC is, but assume it is a coast city since the truck is shipping in and you are flying to get it (lazy young kids and their acronyms) :dunno:

So are you going to give us the details of what you finally got?

Kim-n-Dean
Mon Oct 16th, 2017, 12:35 PM
Salt Lake City

Kim-n-Dean
Mon Oct 16th, 2017, 12:36 PM
...Pretty excited, my first brand new vehicle :DNothing like your own farts in the seats!

bulldog
Mon Oct 16th, 2017, 12:38 PM
Salt Lake City
Yeah I figured, but didn't know anything "ships" into Utah....where is this ocean outlet that these ships are docking into???? ;) :lol:

Is it really that hard to type "Salt Lake City" though..... :wait:

Mother Goose
Mon Oct 16th, 2017, 01:17 PM
Y

bulldog
Mon Oct 16th, 2017, 01:41 PM
Y I said "young kids"....you're like 40+ :slap:

madvlad
Mon Oct 16th, 2017, 02:26 PM
Congrats man :up:

Although now idea where SLC is, but assume it is a coast city since the truck is shipping in and you are flying to get it (lazy young kids and their acronyms) :dunno:

So are you going to give us the details of what you finally got?

Meh it's Monday, laziness is the key :lol:

It's a 2017 Tacoma Off-road Double cab 6spd on the gray exterior and interior. Unfortunately they didn't make those in an extended bed on the 6spd so had to settle for the 5ft bed which no biggie, can still put it to use.

Nothing like your own farts in the seats!

Stings the nostrils haha, I prefer to call it sex panther :lol:

Yeah I figured, but didn't know anything "ships" into Utah....where is this ocean outlet that these ships are docking into???? ;) :lol:

From the ports of entry, the cars still ship in by trucks to the dealers.

bulldog
Mon Oct 16th, 2017, 02:34 PM
Meh it's Monday, laziness is the key :lol:

It's a 2017 Tacoma Off-road Double cab 6spd on the gray exterior and interior. Unfortunately they didn't make those in an extended bed on the 6spd so had to settle for the 5ft bed which no biggie, can still put it to use.

From the ports of entry, the cars still ship in by trucks to the dealers.Hell yeah, pretty much got what you wanted....the 6 speed is more important to me than the longer bed anyways. I'm happy for you man! Let me know when you want help installing a kick ass stereo in it....not sure if you have heard mine, but I installed it all myself!

Whatever....I just googled the word "ship" and this came up:
http://www.vships.com/Handlers/ImageGen.ashx?width=468&height=300&image=/media/92184/bulk-carrier.png
JK....funny how many words can have multiple meanings :D

madvlad
Mon Oct 16th, 2017, 04:05 PM
Nah, no upgrades at all. It already comes with the Bose premium audio system. Only thing I will change is the headlights and fog lamps to all LED bulbs since the OEM halogen lighting is horrible and much better brakes once the replacement time comes, will be stepping up to Brembo slotted and Hawk pads but about it. Engine will remain bone stock and everything really. Won't lift it or get wheels for it or none of that nonsense. My fun money will go to 2 wheels and traveling lol

bulldog
Mon Oct 16th, 2017, 05:01 PM
Nah, no upgrades at all. It already comes with the Bose premium audio system. Only thing I will change is the headlights and fog lamps to all LED bulbs since the OEM halogen lighting is horrible and much better brakes once the replacement time comes, will be stepping up to Brembo slotted and Hawk pads but about it. Engine will remain bone stock and everything really. Won't lift it or get wheels for it or none of that nonsense. My fun money will go to 2 wheels and traveling lol. Cool. Plus your gospel music you listen to would probably sound funny in a real system :lol: ;)

yeah mine came with the factory upgraded stereo, but fuck that. No stock stereo will EVER compare to a properly installed aftermarket stereo. I left the touchscreen but integrated the rest to run off that; amp, sub,crossovers, tweeters, controls etc. I'm a audio junkie and been designing and installing since like age 15

Kim-n-Dean
Mon Oct 16th, 2017, 05:33 PM
..I'm a audio junkie and been designing and installing since like age 15No shit! Me too, Nate. Actually, believe it or not, I was regularly installing stereos at ten for the family. That's 1977, folks. Even then I understood acoustics/resonance. Never had any equipment to tune, did everything by ear.

I blew out an ear SCUBA diving and had to have surgery. It really fucked up sound for quite a while. I thought I was screwed. Music is what keeps me sane!!

Anyway, because of that surgery, it's been quite some time since I've built a system.

The last one I built, for our 1994 Bronco, I wrote a program in C+ to calculate box and port specifications based on speaker specifications. VAS, fs, Qms, Qts, etc. I RTA'd the interior of the Bronco with pink noise and plugged those numbers in as well. With a mid-level Cerwin-Vega 15" woofer and a box tuned to 27Hz, this thing hit at 2Hz inside the vehicle (that's below earthquake frequencies). Not muddy at all. Crystal clear from 22,000 to 2Hz. I'm really, really good at this stuff.

Most of the shops in town that I bought parts from (after they heard it) wanted to enter our Bronco in stereo competitions with their banner in my windshield. Screw you! You didn't give me any breaks on parts and sometimes laughed that I didn't know what I was doing. Because, even though they do it for a living, people rarely really know what they're doing.

Kim's always on me to build another...

Hi-Jack over. Sorry. I blame it on Nate!

madvlad
Mon Oct 16th, 2017, 06:46 PM
Yeah as far as I went was to build my own subwoofer box in wood shop class in high school :lol: but certainly was never a guru in that department. I have installed stereos and such before, done some minor custom work but not as intense as that haha... Yeah for me audio became kind of a thing of the past, as long as it sounds, I'm okay with it while I'm sure there's insanely better and crisper sounding systems that bring out the acoustics to a T

bulldog
Tue Oct 17th, 2017, 08:29 AM
No shit! Me too, Nate. Actually, believe it or not, I was regularly installing stereos at ten for the family. That's 1977, folks. Even then I understood acoustics/resonance. Never had any equipment to tune, did everything by ear.

I blew out an ear SCUBA diving and had to have surgery. It really fucked up sound for quite a while. I thought I was screwed. Music is what keeps me sane!!

Anyway, because of that surgery, it's been quite some time since I've built a system.

The last one I built, for our 1994 Bronco, I wrote a program in C+ to calculate box and port specifications based on speaker specifications. VAS, fs, Qms, Qts, etc. I RTA'd the interior of the Bronco with pink noise and plugged those numbers in as well. With a mid-level Cerwin-Vega 15" woofer and a box tuned to 27Hz, this thing hit at 2Hz inside the vehicle (that's below earthquake frequencies). Not muddy at all. Crystal clear from 22,000 to 2Hz. I'm really, really good at this stuff.

Most of the shops in town that I bought parts from (after they heard it) wanted to enter our Bronco in stereo competitions with their banner in my windshield. Screw you! You didn't give me any breaks on parts and sometimes laughed that I didn't know what I was doing. Because, even though they do it for a living, people rarely really know what they're doing.

Kim's always on me to build another...

Hi-Jack over. Sorry. I blame it on Nate!

Wow, yeah your stereo knowledge is a bit more "educational" than mine as I learned from hanging out at a Stereo Instal shop and watching one of my buddies do it for a living....then just learning by doing it myself on cars I had. I've never went as far as writing my own program (very impressive), but I got good with Ohms, proper air space, crossovers, proper wiring, etc. In HS I started making sub boxes for people and then I got deep into a book on airspace and calculating the proper specs. When I learned this, it all became a huge science because there is a huge difference of throwing a sub in any box vs one with proper airspace (as you know). I started making a solo-baric 10 inch woofer encloser (woofer inside of box type) for a Rockfor Fosgate woofer and it was out performing fools with 15's that didn't know what they were doing. I ended up making sick money off that design and made a few different versions. And of course it's not all about the woofer as I've also learned to balance it all out with proper speakers, placement, crossover's etc so it is not just some over-powering bass system; has to be clean at high volume levels. I'm also a big beleiver in Dyna-Mat to keep car interior quiet and remove rattles.

Man, I'd love to have heard that Bronco as sounds impressive. I'm a big fan of Infinity Kappa series and pretty much running those in my car; door two ways, edge driven tweeters, and a titanium 10inch in rear. My car had like 10 miles on it when I tore it all apart to do this install....tint and stereo is always my #1 upgrade I do within a week of getting a car. This last one I integrated it all into the Subaru head unit (kept Subaru amp to power some speakers), so that got a bit more complicated, but to me it sounds awesome and probably the clearest system I've had.

Do another one man! If you need help I'd be down to go BS with you and give you a hand as I am sure I could learn some things from you.

Kim-n-Dean
Tue Oct 17th, 2017, 10:18 AM
You should have seen and heard the bass-bins I had when Kim and I got together. Since I was using a piece of shit woofer (Pyramid) I didn't do any calculations and just went off of experience. It was a horn loaded cabinet and I just guessed on the ramp/port. They were about 54" tall x 36" wide x 42" deep. 15 woofer crossed over at 10,000Hz with a 7" horn tweeter covering frequencies above that. These things shook the entire apartment complex on an old Sony 20 watt amp. They actually blurred your vision!

bulldog
Tue Oct 17th, 2017, 10:33 AM
You should have seen and heard the bass-bins I had when Kim and I got together. Since I was using a piece of shit woofer (Pyramid) I didn't do any calculations and just went off of experience. It was a horn loaded cabinet and I just guessed on the ramp/port. They were about 54" tall x 36" wide x 42" deep. 15 woofer crossed over at 10,000Hz with a 7" horn tweeter covering frequencies above that. These things shook the entire apartment complex on an old Sony 20 watt amp. They actually blurred your vision!
Damn, that is crazy! I remember Pyramid woofers as well as Sherman Vega....the old days! You seen the woofers nowadays....amazing. Think the 10 Infinity Kappa (labled "the perfect woofer; years back) can handle 1400wats alone. I have maybe 300 going to it if that and still will rattle my home windows.

Like you seen this $9.5K woofer; 22 inch MTX Jackhammer? Local UFC fighter Shane Carwin had one in a truck and was amazing I heard (never saw it in person unfortunately)
https://www.mtx.com/t9922-22-jackhammer-car-audio-subwoofer
https://i.pinimg.com/236x/c8/3e/fa/c83efaf5bb5c110cebc6b43ea9ddc9c9--jack-hammer-jack-oconnell.jpg

EDIT: Damn guess they now have a newer 24 inch Jackhammer https://www.mtx.com/ts9924-22-jackhammer-car-audio-subwoofer

In HS my buddy with a car shop put 16, 15inch speakers in a van; two front seats and all the rest were woofers. You couldn't even sit in it as it would hurt your heart.

Kim-n-Dean
Tue Oct 17th, 2017, 11:00 AM
I used to tune speaker cabs with a laser digitizer for Polk Audio. With special lighting, it would actually show the sound waves coming out of the cone. I've seen some serious experimental shit that never made it to the public.

Never heard of Sherman Vega. I looked it up thinking it was a rip-off of Cerwin-Vega, but couldn't find anything.

My current home theater is Cerwin-Vega LS-15s for the mains and a powered 250w SW-15 for sub. Yamaha 12" 3-ways (can't remember the model #) for the rear channel. I'm wanting to replace the LS-15s with XLS-215s. That would be (5) 15" woofer on the front channel. Yay!!

Cerwin Vega doesn't compete with brands like Infinity or Polk Audio (I love Polk) for sound quality. They're just loud as fuck, and being a heavy metal couple, that's what we need! I literally wear ear plugs when I crank that fucker up. For me, I need to feel the music, and I'm trying to save some hearing for when I'm in my 80s.

bulldog
Tue Oct 17th, 2017, 11:08 AM
I used to tune speaker cabs with a laser digitizer for Polk Audio. With special lighting, it would actually show the sound waves coming out of the cone. I've seen some serious experimental shit that never made it to the public.

Never heard of Sherman Vega. I looked it up thinking it was a rip-off of Cerwin-Vega, but couldn't find anything.

My current home theater is Cerwin-Vega LS-15s for the mains and a powered 250w SW-15 for sub. Yamaha 12" 3-ways (can't remember the model #) for the rear channel. I'm wanting to replace the LS-15s with XLS-215s. That would be (5) 15" woofer on the front channel. Yay!!

Cerwin Vega doesn't compete with brands like Infinity or Polk Audio (I love Polk) for sound quality. They're just loud as fuck, and being a heavy metal couple, that's what we need! I literally wear ear plugs when I crank that fucker up. For me, I need to feel the music, and I'm trying to save some hearing for when I'm in my 80s. Ooops, sorry typo.....meant Cerwin Vega...been a long time since I've seen them....not even sure they are still making stuff.

Yeah you definitely are more in depth with the "technical specs" as I tend to just sit for a long time and tune by ear. My home theater came with a microphone to adjust it, but never done that in a car.

As I said I am a Infinity lover....12 inch Infinity subwoofer at home with the satellite speakers. I do run it by a Pioneer Elite head unit....love those Elite series!

I do love Polk Audio too!

Aaron
Tue Oct 17th, 2017, 12:19 PM
What tires do you all run?

Kim-n-Dean
Tue Oct 17th, 2017, 12:39 PM
What tires do you all run?We already covered that. We're onto speakers, now...

Mother Goose
Tue Oct 17th, 2017, 01:22 PM
Pirelli Superbike SC1. :D

bulldog
Tue Oct 17th, 2017, 01:46 PM
What tires do you all run? I know I am guilty of derailing threads, but where did that question come from? No talk about tires or bikes in this thread :lol:

madvlad
Tue Oct 17th, 2017, 01:48 PM
Haha the jackhammer, that thing was absurd!!! Well technically is car talk so is not off topic in technicality.

bulldog
Tue Oct 17th, 2017, 02:05 PM
Haha the jackhammer, that thing was absurd!!! Well technically is car talk so is not off topic in technicality. Trippin out they made a newer one; thing weighs 400lbs and handles 4000watts.....holy sh*t!

Here is one in a Hummer:

https://youtu.be/1L3PSbEbp08?t=14

Aaron, you got any upgraded audio equipment in your BMW car?

Aaron
Tue Oct 17th, 2017, 03:10 PM
Nope. But eventually I would like to, maybe I'll call you up then. I don't want huge bumping subs, but upgraded speakers and maybe a small under-seat sub would be nice.

madvlad
Tue Oct 17th, 2017, 03:27 PM
Trippin out they made a newer one; thing weighs 400lbs and handles 4000watts.....holy sh*t!

Here is one in a Hummer:

https://youtu.be/1L3PSbEbp08?t=14

Aaron, you got any upgraded audio equipment in your BMW car?

Jesus dude lol, weighs as much as my bike haha. That super unnecessary for sure :lol:

DrKnow65
Tue Oct 17th, 2017, 04:11 PM
I run 4 FiCar Audio 18" infinite baffle subs @600watts in my home theater living room, the "box" is my basement. :)

DrKnow65
Tue Oct 17th, 2017, 04:23 PM
http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc187/DrKnow65/MicroWave%20IB%20Sub/IBmicrowave.jpg (http://s217.photobucket.com/user/DrKnow65/media/MicroWave%20IB%20Sub/IBmicrowave.jpg.html)
http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc187/DrKnow65/MicroWave%20IB%20Sub/photo-2.jpg (http://s217.photobucket.com/user/DrKnow65/media/MicroWave%20IB%20Sub/photo-2.jpg.html)

madvlad
Tue Oct 17th, 2017, 04:39 PM
Holy shit dude, movie and a massage :lol:

Kim-n-Dean
Tue Oct 17th, 2017, 04:59 PM
I run 4 FiCar Audio 18" infinite baffle subs @600watts in my home theater living room, the "box" is my basement. :)Free air is so much easier to deal with, especially in large spaces. I miss the days where cars had trunks. All those 6x9s, and alike, are infinite baffle.

That's some sweet shit! Especially if you bought it because you know what it is. That means you might have a little audiophile in ya. A soon as we get done arguing on this dead ass site, we should get a beer. I mean, bikes, guns, sound, holy shit! If I weren't married............. Oh shit! Wait a minute. Did I say that out loud?!?

DrKnow65
Tue Oct 17th, 2017, 05:20 PM
Free air is so much easier to deal with, especially in large spaces. I miss the days where cars had trunks. All those 6x9s, and alike, are infinite baffle.

That's some sweet shit! Especially if you bought it because you know what it is. That means you might have a little audiophile in ya. A soon as we get done arguing on this dead ass site, we should get a beer. I mean, bikes, guns, sound, holy shit! If I weren't married............. Oh shit! Wait a minute. Did I say that out loud?!?

Yah, a little audiophile :)

I've also rebuilt a pair a Parasound 2250 amps and mated them to a set of 4412 JBL studio monitors that I did custom drivers in and ran 5 way active from a set of DAC's I built,
that are ran from a MiniDSP (4X8 ) so that I could do all digital room correction as well as tailor all the crossover points depending on what speakers I was trying :)
At one point I had +/- 2db to my room curve from 5hz to 24Khz...

The whole setup is now under the workbench, as it was like having an oven in the room when left powered up (it was only ever powered down when we left for more than 3 days).

I'm thinking of upgrading to some solid JBL PA drivers when I get back into it...

Beer? Hell yah! I'm loving New Belgium 1554, seem to not tire of it :guinness:

bulldog
Tue Oct 17th, 2017, 06:08 PM
http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc187/DrKnow65/MicroWave%20IB%20Sub/IBmicrowave.jpg (http://s217.photobucket.com/user/DrKnow65/media/MicroWave%20IB%20Sub/IBmicrowave.jpg.html)
http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc187/DrKnow65/MicroWave%20IB%20Sub/photo-2.jpg (http://s217.photobucket.com/user/DrKnow65/media/MicroWave%20IB%20Sub/photo-2.jpg.html)

Damn that is some pimp sh*t man! I thought my home subwoofer was big at 12 inch(down-firing) but that is awesome. I can't even turn mine halfway up without it shaking my house so couldn't imagine how that sounds.

Not too familiar with free air. Put a free air in a truck one time and was ok, but nothing compared to a normal enclosure. That was back in the day though.

Now that I look at it my home speakers, they are Harman Kardon....same as Infinity though as it same company: basically goes JBL, Infinity, Harman Kardon

I still have a trunk. I lined the entire thing in Dynamat so basically a enclosure inside a enclosure

if you like New Belgium check out their new pumpkin beer. So good. Can't find it in stores as sold out around me, but The Pint Room by me has it. http://www.newbelgium.com/beer/voodoo-ranger-atomic-pumpkin

madvlad
Tue Oct 17th, 2017, 06:59 PM
Well as I thought this deal was too good to be true. The salesman or manager won't return my calls nor give me any updates on the truck at all and it's been 2 days, nobody at the dealer can give me any updates at all, last I knew they were trying to secure the truck which is usually a couple of hour deal at worst case scenario, it really isn't that hard to do but they keep stalling for some reason, Toyota Financial already approved a week ago!!! Something tells me they realized how insanely good of a deal I was getting and they're most likely trying to get me to back out of the deal so they can sell the truck to someone else for much more money... Go figure, well guess that ends the dream for the time being. Just told those guys to go pound sand and just sent Toyota Corporate a nice little email that I am sure I will be hearing from. Car dealers are honestly too much and it's insane how these people think or conduct business, which also brings me to the conclusion as of why I stopped being an auto tech or have anything to do with that dishonest and bullshit industry, also they wonder why people don't trust them at all. Rather disappointed but not surprised they were going to pull the rabbit out of the hat. Toyota sells so fucking much that if I walk, they'll just find another buyer instantly anyways. Sure hope Toyota Corporate rectifies this situation but as of right now I honestly don't want any other car or truck so the Maxima will remain with me for the time being.... bleh, this just fucked my week up. Anyways back to subwoofer talk :lol:

Kim-n-Dean
Tue Oct 17th, 2017, 06:59 PM
Yah, a little audiophile :)

I've also rebuilt a pair a Parasound 2250 amps and mated them to a set of 4412 JBL studio monitors that I did custom drivers in and ran 5 way active from a set of DAC's I built,
that are ran from a MiniDSP (4X8 ) so that I could do all digital room correction as well as tailor all the crossover points depending on what speakers I was trying :)
At one point I had +/- 2db to my room curve from 5hz to 24Khz...

The whole setup is now under the workbench, as it was like having an oven in the room when left powered up (it was only ever powered down when we left for more than 3 days).

I'm thinking of upgrading to some solid JBL PA drivers when I get back into it...

Beer? Hell yah! I'm loving New Belgium 1554, seem to not tire of it :guinness:Yeah..... I'm gonna have to read that again to make sure I know what I'm talking about, but that sounds like something I've seen in recording studios. I think they used it for adjusting for room acoustics. :dunno:

Not too familiar with free air. Put a free air in a truck one time and was ok, but nothing compared to a normal enclosure. That was back in the day though.Free air/infinite baffle just requires that the front and rear air volumes are completely separated. An IB speaker can be mounted in the trunk of a car and the trunk becomes the box.

Kim-n-Dean
Tue Oct 17th, 2017, 07:05 PM
Well as I thought this deal was too good to be true. The salesman or manager won't return my calls nor give me any updates on the truck at all and it's been 2 days, nobody at the dealer can give me any updates at all, last I knew they were trying to secure the truck which is usually a couple of hour deal at worst case scenario, it really isn't that hard to do but they keep stalling for some reason, Toyota Financial already approved a week ago!!! Something tells me they realized how insanely good of a deal I was getting and they're most likely trying to get me to back out of the deal so they can sell the truck to someone else for much more money... Go figure, well guess that ends the dream for the time being. Just told those guys to go pound sand and just sent Toyota Corporate a nice little email that I am sure I will be hearing from. Car dealers are honestly too much and it's insane how these people think or conduct business, which also brings me to the conclusion as of why I stopped being an auto tech or have anything to do with that dishonest and bullshit industry, also they wonder why people don't trust them at all. Rather disappointed but not surprised they were going to pull the rabbit out of the hat. Toyota sells so fucking much that if I walk, they'll just find another buyer instantly anyways. Sure hope Toyota Corporate rectifies this situation but as of right now I honestly don't want any other car or truck so the Maxima will remain with me for the time being.... bleh, this just fucked my week up. Anyways back to subwoofer talk :lol:That's fucked up! Seen it a thousand times. They've probably already sold it. Happens all the time!

If I hadn't been typing about speakers all day, I'd tell ya some stories about this crap....

madvlad
Tue Oct 17th, 2017, 07:09 PM
Oh I believe it dude, I was in the industry for 15 years and saw all kinds of fucked up shit... Just damn shame people can't do things right from the get-go, they'd save themselves a whole lot of trouble... oh well. Maybe I'll just keep the Maxima and go sign for the 60th anniversary R1 I wanted anyways lol, much cheaper lol

Kim-n-Dean
Tue Oct 17th, 2017, 07:59 PM
... oh well. Maybe I'll just keep the Maxima and go sign for the 60th anniversary R1 I wanted anyways lol, much cheaper lol
Well, that would piss me off. I go out buy a ridiculous R1M and then Kim gets her anniversary R6. My bike looks like shit next to hers. As a matter of fact, everywhere we go, no one even notices my bike!

Supposed to be a high of 77 in Denver on Saturday. Like always, I'll be out...

madvlad
Tue Oct 17th, 2017, 08:02 PM
Well, that would piss me off. I go out buy a ridiculous R1M and then Kim gets her anniversary R6. My bike looks like shit next to hers. As a matter of fact, everywhere we go, no one even notices my bike!

Supposed to be a high of 77 in Denver on Saturday. Like always, I'll be out...

Those Kenny Roberts colors man, can't go wrong with them. Love that color scheme. If I wasn't corner working the last round, I'd put up a ride and or join ya.

Okrapp
Tue Oct 17th, 2017, 09:36 PM
Oh this is the place we're supposed to diacuss the tires? I really don't like the deodorant I just got. Same 2 pack as usual but the scent got drastically stronger. Likely the marketing asshats. ::):

Whatever hope you find a good truck :up:

The Black Knight
Tue Oct 17th, 2017, 09:46 PM
I really don't like the deodorant I just got. Same 2 pack as usual but the scent got drastically stronger. Likely the marketing asshats. ::):

Whatever hope you find a good truck :up:

It's gotta be a conspiracy, I just know it.

madvlad
Tue Oct 17th, 2017, 11:47 PM
That darn old spice :lol:

bulldog
Wed Oct 18th, 2017, 07:21 AM
Damn Damir that sucks.....it's happened to most of us before, but sometimes it is a blessing. Before the WRX I almost bought a Mitsubishi Evo. To make a long story short the deal was done and I told them I was taking my trade in home real quick to take some of my contents out while they finalized the paperwork. Gone maybe 20 mins and come back all excited over the new car and I walk in and suddenly I could see a difference. They went back on original offer and tried to blame it on something missed on a car fax. In end they were assholes after that and I ended up walking from there pretty pissed off.

Well that dealership, Quality Mitsubishi, went under and I am pretty sure Mitsubishi as a car company is not doing that well; think we have one dealer left in Denver.

So yeah, got the WRX instead and my experience with Groove Subaru (on Broadway) was total opposite and so glad I did not get the Evo!

Sully
Wed Oct 18th, 2017, 08:02 AM
You should really call my friend, Damir. She is honest and very upfront about what she can and cannot do for you. I can guarantee you wouldn't have this type of run around or headache with her. :slap:

madvlad
Wed Oct 18th, 2017, 08:04 AM
Damn Damir that sucks.....it's happened to most of us before, but sometimes it is a blessing. Before the WRX I almost bought a Mitsubishi Evo. To make a long story short the deal was done and I told them I was taking my trade in home real quick to take some of my contents out while they finalized the paperwork. Gone maybe 20 mins and come back all excited over the new car and I walk in and suddenly I could see a difference. They went back on original offer and tried to blame it on something missed on a car fax. In end they were assholes after that and I ended up walking from there pretty pissed off.

Well that dealership, Quality Mitsubishi, went under and I am pretty sure Mitsubishi as a car company is not doing that well; think we have one dealer left in Denver.

So yeah, got the WRX instead and my experience with Groove Subaru (on Broadway) was total opposite and so glad I did not get the Evo!

Yeah, Mitsubishi as a brand has officially pulled out of the US. They will have a couple dealers here and there more for service support and parts but as far as sales goes, they announced it a couple of years ago that they're done. Overseas and Latin America sales for them are doing super well so they're not done as a brand. Which Evo was it? The X? Cause if so man you were blessed not getting that piece of shit, those things suck beyond belief.

madvlad
Wed Oct 18th, 2017, 08:27 AM
You should really call my friend, Damir. She is honest and very upfront about what she can and cannot do for you. I can guarantee you wouldn't have this type of run around or headache with her. :slap:

Well I was forced to going out of state anyways for what I wanted and I'm sure she couldn't have beat the price locally nor been able to go out of state for me on getting a truck anyways plus all manuals on the color and package I want are non existent in Colorado so was kind of pointless to call her up, didn't want to waste her time. I had researched insanely well on those trucks and they're pretty scarce.

bulldog
Wed Oct 18th, 2017, 08:38 AM
Yeah, Mitsubishi as a brand has officially pulled out of the US. They will have a couple dealers here and there more for service support and parts but as far as sales goes, they announced it a couple of years ago that they're done. Overseas and Latin America sales for them are doing super well so they're not done as a brand. Which Evo was it? The X? Cause if so man you were blessed not getting that piece of shit, those things suck beyond belief. Would have been 2014, so it was the "X". The one I test drove had the dual transmission as they didn't have a manual and so glad in end I did not settle for a auto. When I drove the WRX and STI, I really liked how it drove way more than the Evo or RallyArt.....I had just had two Mitsubishi's before so wanted to take advantage of their "customer loyalty" discount. Bad customer service ruined it for me, but in end so glad.

P.S. Went with the WRX as I just felt too old looking in the STI with it's giant wing. Basically why I got top of the line WRX with the STI package.

See now you know why I was at the dealership within 15 minutes when they got the car I wanted....can't believe anything till you drive off with the car.

madvlad
Thu Oct 19th, 2017, 03:39 PM
Would have been 2014, so it was the "X". The one I test drove had the dual transmission as they didn't have a manual and so glad in end I did not settle for a auto. When I drove the WRX and STI, I really liked how it drove way more than the Evo or RallyArt.....I had just had two Mitsubishi's before so wanted to take advantage of their "customer loyalty" discount. Bad customer service ruined it for me, but in end so glad.

P.S. Went with the WRX as I just felt too old looking in the STI with it's giant wing. Basically why I got top of the line WRX with the STI package.

See now you know why I was at the dealership within 15 minutes when they got the car I wanted....can't believe anything till you drive off with the car.

Yeah the Evo X was plagued with issues, the only last Evo worth a fuck was the IX, thing was nearly perfect. Yeah the limited WRX is cool man and it has juat a much cleaner look imo in comparison to the STi plus it's lighter and it has pretty much STi components for the most part. Your package on that car is pretty badass including the color, love that pearl white.

Quick update on my truck, so did reach Sully's friend Colleen and holy smokes talk about diligent and professional. I am very impressed how quickly she moved to attempt to find a truck for me and she did!!! Granted a bit more expensive than what I would have gotten the truck in SLC (just for you Nate :lol: ) but I don't care as she has surpassed all my expectations in a matter of an hour, insane dude. Working on the deal and we'll see what happens *fingers crossed*

Clovis
Sat Oct 28th, 2017, 03:31 PM
I have a 16 Taco Offroad with every option. I got the short bed because I wanted a shorter wheel base for trails and a long bed wouldn't fit in my garage bay :)

Ordered it December 15, arrived Feb 16. I've got about 25k miles on it now and still love it. It's fantastic off road, the crawl control has gotten me out of a lot of sticky situations. My friend Mo bought the same truck a couple months ago.

I highly recommend paying the extra money for the JBL sound system though. For a stock system it sounds really good.