PDA

View Full Version : 2018 st Patrick’s day parade

Grim2.0
Sat Feb 10th, 2018, 11:46 AM
Last year was a blast, no drama, no issues, everyone behaved and the parade folks didn’t give us anymore flak. I say we do it again and keep our presence. Sure nobody POSTS in here but like 6 people but there’s plenty of people who are still here they just don’t post. I’m sure we will get enough people.

Spider-Man hook it up fee or no fee I’m in for Sure!

madvlad
Sat Feb 10th, 2018, 12:33 PM
I'd be down

FZRguy
Sat Feb 10th, 2018, 06:47 PM
I heard the CSC was not invited back for 2018.

Grim2.0
Sat Feb 10th, 2018, 08:57 PM
By who, and why? There was no shenanigans at all

madvlad
Sun Feb 11th, 2018, 12:42 AM
#conspiracy #illuminati

Minex
Mon Feb 12th, 2018, 10:54 AM
I'd be interested in this.

Spiderman
Mon Feb 12th, 2018, 04:47 PM
I normally get a postcard (or 2) from them, letting me know when sign-up is starting, but I didn't get any for this year. That doesn't mean we're not invited (the one year we weren't allowed to participate, I received a letter to that effect), but it just means I didn't receive the cue for me to get the ball rolling on this, and I've been so swamped at work, it kept slipping my mind.

I thought the deadline to sign up was January 31st, but I just saw that we have until the end of this month to enter, if we want to do it. As it has been since 2014, we are limited to 10 vehicles (so 1 truck with a banner, and 9 bikes). The pricing structure is the same: $125 for the initial entry (includes 5 vehicles), then $5 for each additional bike, so $150 for 10 vehicle combined total maximum.

TFOGGuys
Mon Feb 12th, 2018, 05:18 PM
I normally get a postcard (or 2) from them, letting me know when sign-up is starting, but I didn't get any for this year. That doesn't mean we're not invited (the one year we weren't allowed to participate, I received a letter to that effect), but it just means I didn't receive the cue for me to get the ball rolling on this, and I've been so swamped at work, it kept slipping my mind.

I thought the deadline to sign up was January 31st, but I just saw that we have until the end of this month to enter, if we want to do it. As it has been since 2014, we are limited to 10 vehicles (so 1 truck with a banner, and 9 bikes). The pricing structure is the same: $125 for the initial entry (includes 5 vehicles), then $5 for each additional bike, so $150 for 10 vehicle combined total maximum.

As in years past, I will cover the entry fee for the club...

Grim2.0
Mon Feb 12th, 2018, 07:49 PM
Jim is the fucking MAN!! I will cover the rest of the bikes so I’ll pay the additional $25 boom now we can go. Put my name down for a slot and let’s get this list going!!

madvlad
Tue Feb 13th, 2018, 05:27 AM
As in years past, I will cover the entry fee for the club...

Thanks again Jim :up:

Jim is the fucking MAN!! I will cover the rest of the bikes so I’ll pay the additional $25 boom now we can go. Put my name down for a slot and let’s get this list going!!

Count me in, let us know all the info and where to sign up at Spidey

~Barn~
Tue Feb 13th, 2018, 02:46 PM
Heck yes and I'm in. I'd like to ride in the back of the truck, but I'd like to pitch-in in any way to either help defray the costs, purchase "parade schwag" or otherwise make this happen. :up:

bornwildnfree
Thu Feb 15th, 2018, 10:45 AM
Thanks Jim!!!!! Dick and I will be happy to provide the truck and we would love to ride in the parade.

Spiderman
Thu Feb 15th, 2018, 12:38 PM
Thanks, Jim & Grim!

sam38a1
Fri Feb 16th, 2018, 08:09 PM
I’m in please sign me up Sam

Spiderman
Mon Feb 19th, 2018, 04:30 PM
Okay, I still need to submit the entry, but just to get this ball rolling a little, here is the participant list as it currently stands based on this thread plus some outside communications:

Edit: see updated list in post #32 (http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?54952-2018-st-Patrick%92s-day-parade&p=785083&viewfull=1#post785083)

Barn, there won't be any parade schwag again this year, but would you be interested in helping out with refreshments (water/gatorade/beer)? We can provide the cooler(s).

madvlad
Mon Feb 19th, 2018, 06:17 PM
I'll pitch in for ice and drinks or snacks, so what is the exact date? My friend James and Chris want to join depending on date so they can get a sitter.

Minex
Mon Feb 19th, 2018, 06:50 PM
Nice. Thanks Spiderman. I'm still in.

TorchRedCorvette
Mon Feb 19th, 2018, 09:12 PM
Brian and I are in too, if there are still spots open. 😊

Spiderman
Tue Feb 20th, 2018, 11:05 AM
I'll pitch in for ice and drinks or snacks, so what is the exact date? My friend James and Chris want to join depending on date so they can get a sitter.
Thanks! The parade is on Saturday, March 17th... are James and Chris already members of the club?

~Barn~
Tue Feb 20th, 2018, 11:11 AM
Barn, there won't be any parade schwag again this year, but would you be interested in helping out with refreshments (water/gatorade/beer)? We can provide the cooler(s).

Thanks WB. I'm of course happy to do anything to promote the club's presence in the parade, or hook-up the 'freshmints. That said, I also want to make sure I'm not rocking the boat with riding in the truck. I know it's D&C's and if there are still any lingering hard feelings from that little argument a few years back, I'm happy to spectate too.

Either way, glad the CSC is back on the docket for this! :up:

madvlad
Tue Feb 20th, 2018, 11:28 AM
Thanks! The parade is on Saturday, March 17th... are James and Chris already members of the club?

James used to be around back in the day as mastap07 but had kids so he kind of drifted off and my friend Chris isn't on CSC.

Spiderman
Tue Feb 20th, 2018, 12:20 PM
Thanks WB. I'm of course happy to do anything to promote the club's presence in the parade, or hook-up the 'freshmints. That said, I also want to make sure I'm not rocking the boat with riding in the truck. I know it's D&C's and if there are still any lingering hard feelings from that little argument a few years back, I'm happy to spectate too.

Either way, glad the CSC is back on the docket for this! :up:
I checked with them and it's all good. :cheers: (just don't it again? :lol: )

James used to be around back in the day as mastap07 but had kids so he kind of drifted off and my friend Chris isn't on CSC.
Ah yes, mastap07... :up: . I'm not keen on bumping existing members for a non-member... We can put Chris as a backup though, how does that sound? Also, who needs to see if they can find a sitter first?

madvlad
Tue Feb 20th, 2018, 12:37 PM
I checked with them and it's all good. :cheers: (just don't it again? :lol: )

Ah yes, mastap07... :up: . I'm not keen on bumping existing members for a non-member... We can put Chris as a backup though, how does that sound? Also, who needs to see if they can find a sitter first?

They both do, I just texted them and told them to let me know asap since I know we have people waiting but if it'll be where other people are ready then nvm. Just not sure in their case with kids and what not it's a lot harder to plan stuff and find a sitter, etc.

madvlad
Tue Feb 20th, 2018, 02:13 PM
Well Chris and his wife want to ride in it so at worst case I can give them my spot and I can chill in the bed of the truck if that's okay, haven't heard from James yet.

~Barn~
Tue Feb 20th, 2018, 03:09 PM
I checked with them and it's all good. :cheers: (just don't it again? :lol: ) <Snip...>

:lol: Sounds good WB! And thank you Christi and Dick if you're listening. :up:

Spiderman
Tue Feb 20th, 2018, 03:42 PM
They both do, I just texted them and told them to let me know asap since I know we have people waiting but if it'll be where other people are ready then nvm. Just not sure in their case with kids and what not it's a lot harder to plan stuff and find a sitter, etc.

Well Chris and his wife want to ride in it so at worst case I can give them my spot and I can chill in the bed of the truck if that's okay, haven't heard from James yet.

Let me know when you hear back from everyone, Damir. Is it safe to assume Chris and his wife would be riding 2-up (= 1 motorcycle)?

madvlad
Tue Feb 20th, 2018, 04:02 PM
Let me know when you hear back from everyone, Damir. Is it safe to assume Chris and his wife would be riding 2-up (= 1 motorcycle)?

Yes sir, 2up confirmed on Chris (he's an old friend of mine from HS, good dude, worked a couple rounds with us this last season too). Waiting to hear on James

madvlad
Wed Feb 21st, 2018, 05:52 AM
James will let me know by the end of the day

Vance
Wed Feb 21st, 2018, 07:59 AM
As soon as I realized I am very close to being back on two wheels the first thing I thought of was how cool it would be to ride in the parade again,... 14 years after I rode in my first with the CSC if memory serves. Sadly, I then realized it isn't in the cards as even if I get a bike as soon as Friday or Saturday and have it shipped to me (currently I have no line on a local bike) the odds are against it being to me by the parade based on what all the shipping company's ETAs are (I still don't understand why it takes 20-25 days to ship a bike 500-800 miles when UPS can do a FREIGHT grade shipment in less than 10, anywhere).

Anyway... good luck with this year gentlemen. Hopefully I'll be able to join you all NEXT year for a 15 year round trip back into the parade!

madvlad
Wed Feb 21st, 2018, 08:19 AM
As soon as I realized I am very close to being back on two wheels the first thing I thought of was how cool it would be to ride in the parade again,... 14 years after I rode in my first with the CSC if memory serves. Sadly, I then realized it isn't in the cards as even if I get a bike as soon as Friday or Saturday and have it shipped to me (currently I have no line on a local bike) the odds are against it being to me by the parade based on what all the shipping company's ETAs are (I still don't understand why it takes 20-25 days to ship a bike 500-800 miles when UPS can do a FREIGHT grade shipment in less than 10, anywhere).

Anyway... good luck with this year gentlemen. Hopefully I'll be able to join you all NEXT year for a 15 year round trip back into the parade!

What are you trying to get man?

Sully
Wed Feb 21st, 2018, 09:19 AM
:up: :hibye:

Spiderman
Wed Feb 21st, 2018, 10:20 AM
Parade entry has been submitted!

Here's the updated list:

1. Spiderman (driving the truck)
2. Grim2.0 (with Grim3.0 on the back)
3. madvlad
4. bornwildnfree
5. DICK
6. Minex
7. sam38a1
8. Heater
9. TorchRedCorvette & NUTZ (2-up)
10. Chris (madvlad's friend)

Standby Riders:
1. Half LLive

In the back of the truck:
1. Barn
2. Mrs. Grim2.0

Vance
Wed Feb 21st, 2018, 12:49 PM
What are you trying to get man?

Well basically I don't think my back can take a true supersport/hypersport anymore like the Aprilia was, or pretty much any are... so I'm looking to change things up a bit.

At the moment the #1 contender, and likely winner based on anticipated bonus coming on Friday, will be a Ducati ST4S. There are three I am considering and depending on the check size, it will determine which one I pull the trigger on. Erico has one, but for the price compared to it being a 4 not a 4s, inclusions on some of the others the Erico one doesn't have, I feel the out of state options are better. There's also one up in Ft. Collins at a dealer, but they're asking a premium even over what Erico is asking for theirs. Crazy. There is a private seller MAYBE that has an ST2 which I am told is easier to work on but the posting on CL was from a month ago so who knows if it is still available. Anyway... yeah, I test rode the Erico one and fell in love with everything about it, especially the dry clutch. Still a V-Twin. And, it would round out my Eurotrash Ownership tour with the last major brand I have never owned!

If the Duc falls through the top three considerations to go back to are (not in any particular order of preference):
1. The 2014 all blacked out CB1100
2. The Kawasaki early-to-mid '00's ZRX1200R
3. The late '00's-early '10's Triumph Speed Triple

The Triumph Bonnies are a consideration but a little more remotely
I looked at the (yes, I may choke on these words) new Harley Street Rod but nixed it based on horrible ergonomics alone.

madvlad
Wed Feb 21st, 2018, 01:56 PM
PM sent

madvlad
Thu Feb 22nd, 2018, 05:16 AM
James is confirmed a no go there Bob so we are good to go

Ezzzzy1
Thu Feb 22nd, 2018, 08:30 AM
Im a little late to the show. Cant join this year but what about shirts? Mo-Door is happy to pay for them if Spidey will do the leg work.

madvlad
Thu Feb 22nd, 2018, 09:19 AM
Im a little late to the show. Cant join this year but what about shirts? Mo-Door is happy to pay for them if Spidey will do the leg work.

Holy smokes, if it isn't Mike Honcho himself :lol: what up Man? And thanks for willing to cover the t-shirt man :up:

Spiderman
Thu Feb 22nd, 2018, 10:45 AM
Wow! :shock:
Thanks!! :bow:

Let me see if I can get them done in time (I would still have to do the artwork and get sizes & stuff).

madvlad
Thu Feb 22nd, 2018, 12:55 PM

Let me see if I can get them done in time (I would still have to do the artwork and get sizes & stuff).

If you do and there is a rush delivery fee or whatever I can help with that as well :D

Spiderman
Thu Feb 22nd, 2018, 01:53 PM
I just noticed this, sorry. As you probably already figured out, there's no need to sacrifice your spot, Damir - as it turns out your spot is secured, and Chris and his wife are in. :up:

Spiderman
Thu Feb 22nd, 2018, 02:23 PM
Will there be any other passengers besides Chris' wife, and TorchRedCorvette?

madvlad
Thu Feb 22nd, 2018, 02:55 PM
I just noticed this, sorry. As you probably already figured out, there's no need to sacrifice your spot, Damir - as it turns out your spot is secured, and Chris and his wife are in. :up:

Okay, I was just saying it so Brian and Mel could each have a spot, didn't know they were riding 2up but cool :up:

Grim2.0
Thu Feb 22nd, 2018, 05:00 PM
Will there be any other passengers besides Chris' wife, and TorchRedCorvette?

Potentially one for me, are folks allowed to ride in the back of the truck?

madvlad
Thu Feb 22nd, 2018, 08:10 PM

Any chance that my friend can get his business name in the shirts and how much? He wants to know

TorchRedCorvette
Fri Feb 23rd, 2018, 09:40 AM
Augh! Apparently my phone hates this forum... 🙄

Ezzzzy1, thanks so much for covering shirts, that's awesome!!

Damir, we decided to ride together so someone else can have a spot. We'll see if I'm ready to smack him by the end of the day. 😂

madvlad
Fri Feb 23rd, 2018, 12:28 PM
Augh! Apparently my phone hates this forum... 🙄

Ezzzzy1, thanks so much for covering shirts, that's awesome!!

Damir, we decided to ride together so someone else can have a spot. We'll see if I'm ready to smack him by the end of the day. 😂

:lol: I can surrender my spot if you want so you guys can ride each if you want, I don't mind whatsoever.

TorchRedCorvette
Fri Feb 23rd, 2018, 01:49 PM
:lol: I can surrender my spot if you want so you guys can ride each if you want, I don't mind whatsoever.

It's all good, no worries! Thanks anyway though!

...we're all so polite and stuff. 😆

madvlad
Fri Feb 23rd, 2018, 01:59 PM
:lol: we are like sour patch kids, sour on the outside but sweet fuckers deep inside haha... those damn hooligans

Half LLive
Fri Feb 23rd, 2018, 03:16 PM
Is there room for one more bike?

Spiderman
Fri Feb 23rd, 2018, 04:02 PM
Potentially one for me, are folks allowed to ride in the back of the truck?
Yes, we already have Barn in the back of the truck. Let me know for sure about numbers for both pillion and truck passengers - Mo-Door is covering most (hopefully all) participants (up to a certain number of shirts), after which we'll have to charge for them.

Any chance that my friend can get his business name in the shirts and how much? He wants to know
Hmmm... I thought we had this all figured out already, and I spent some time getting the artwork prepared (sorry, I've been busy with my paying job all day, and didn't see your post until now). Artwork is a priority (have to get that to them first, so they can prepare the screens), and while it may not seem like it to you, this feels kinda last-minute to me... What's his company logo look like (website URL?)?

Is there room for one more bike?
I will put on you on the Standby List!

madvlad
Fri Feb 23rd, 2018, 04:39 PM
Yes, we already have Barn in the back of the truck. Let me know for sure about numbers for both pillion and truck passengers - Mo-Door is covering most (hopefully all) participants (up to a certain number of shirts), after which we'll have to charge for them.

Hmmm... I thought we had this all figured out already, and I spent some time getting the artwork prepared (sorry, I've been busy with my paying job all day, and didn't see your post until now). Artwork is a priority (have to get that to them first, so they can prepare the screens), and while it may not seem like it to you, this feels kinda last-minute to me... What's his company logo look like (website URL?)?

I will put on you on the Standby List!

Well since the artwork hadn't been done yet I figured I would ask, he just mentioned it last night while we were having dinner, if not no big deal, sorry man don't mean to put more on your plate, didn't mean it to be a dick move or anything. He just figured it would be good advertising as many people will be there and what not. I told him I'd ask but obviously didn't guarantee anything as it's not my place to.

Grim2.0
Sun Feb 25th, 2018, 11:11 AM
Bob, my kiddo and wife would like to join, the kid will be on the back of my bike for most of the parade and the wife will be in the back of the truck.

Spiderman
Thu Mar 1st, 2018, 02:57 PM
I need t-shirt sizes, people! PM sent!!

Also, I would like to thank TorchRedCorvette for her assistance with this year's logo! :bow:

http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/images/Parade/2018/2018Artwork.jpg

madvlad
Thu Mar 1st, 2018, 02:59 PM
That's badass

sam38a1
Thu Mar 1st, 2018, 05:52 PM
Awesome! Large shirt for me Sam38a1
Thanks!

TorchRedCorvette
Thu Mar 1st, 2018, 07:11 PM
Also, I would like to thank TorchRedCorvette for her assistance with this year's logo! :bow:

Ha... You're very welcome, glad I could help! :cheers:

~Barn~
Fri Mar 2nd, 2018, 10:24 AM
Well done everybody. Any particular drink requests for the coolers?

Spiderman
Sat Mar 3rd, 2018, 12:28 AM
Well done everybody. Any particular drink requests for the coolers?
Guinness? :guinness:

:D

Minex
Sun Mar 11th, 2018, 12:02 PM
So is this actually happening? Is there a place and time all of us are meeting up at next wekend?

Spiderman
Sun Mar 11th, 2018, 12:26 PM
So is this actually happening? Is there a place and time all of us are meeting up at next wekend?
Yes:

Parade entry has been submitted!
I just got the staging details in the mail, I will send them out via PM tomorrow.

Like years past, let's meet at the Village Inn at 48th Ave, just west of I-25 (400 W. 48th Ave., Denver, CO 80216 (https://www.google.com/maps/place/Village+Inn/@39.783133,-104.9921991,18z/data=!4m8!1m2!2m1!1svillage+inn!3m4!1s0x0:0x503239 643d96d7!8m2!3d39.783551!4d-104.992161)) at 8:00 AM for breakfast, and start leaving (pay, gear-up, etc.) for the staging area at 9:30 (KSU @9:45 if you want to skip breakfast) so we all arrive together. I'll distribute the t-shirts at Village Inn.

madvlad
Sun Mar 11th, 2018, 04:15 PM
:up: see you guys Saturday

j0ker
Mon Mar 12th, 2018, 02:29 PM
Have a great time guys. Nice to see this all pull together so nicely this year. Take pics for those who can't be there!!

Grim2.0
Mon Mar 12th, 2018, 04:01 PM
weather looks to be awesome possum

madvlad
Mon Mar 12th, 2018, 05:04 PM
What non alcoholic drinks would people like? Gatorade? Water? Soda if so which kind? Fresca? Etc lmk

Spiderman
Tue Mar 13th, 2018, 10:22 AM
What non alcoholic drinks would people like? Gatorade? Water? Soda if so which kind? Fresca? Etc lmk
Water is always a safe bet - I would do more of that than anything else. Some Gatorade might be nice. Sodas, IDK, get a couple/few of the popular ones - there aren't that many of us. Thanks! :up: :up:

~Barn~
Tue Mar 13th, 2018, 06:53 PM
Good lookin' out Damir.

And for those of us wishing to imbibe, I'm going to go get the beers tonight. Obviously no glass, so in honor of the day I'm thinking mostly cans of that which is green; think: Heineken, Rolling Rock, whatever "craft" brews I can find that are rocking the green. And of course cans of Guinness.

A handle of Fireball is what took us off the rails a few years ago, so I'll make sure we have one of those too. :lol:

madvlad
Wed Mar 14th, 2018, 07:12 AM
Water is always a safe bet - I would do more of that than anything else. Some Gatorade might be nice. Sodas, IDK, get a couple/few of the popular ones - there aren't that many of us. Thanks! :up: :up:

Grabbed 2 cases of Gatorade and a 12 of fresca. Will grab a case of water as well. Grim better bring some cookies or he's permabanned :lol:

~Barn~
Wed Mar 14th, 2018, 11:47 AM
Here's what's prepped and ready so far!

https://gkioxg.dm.files.1drv.com/y4pJS96Eil5dv5MPH10VebEd-27PuKyDKIYBPXzXRqzPGuV8M2sfpuoOzZZvYroxUmfTW8qaz50 Is1gkcNmEWHw4BONp6cunX9OnbxXM0s9wFma6cSmPcIMAOzbq7 fQoBcX03iNFiw_cFE5cZC5_wikyg1oed7cqkhvOSEju8W-uqFX4-ZO9vprwAjqDK1rnVWIoDcfxiCSNHb43d3zic8isA/20180313_221700.jpg

Minex
Wed Mar 14th, 2018, 05:36 PM
Wow, nice Barn! Looks like its going to be a gorgeous day too.

madvlad
Sat Mar 17th, 2018, 03:01 PM
Great effing time as usual ladies and gents. Funny how those two cops were following us on bicycles the whole time haha. Had the babysitting cop escort :lol:

As always thanks to Jim at TFOG for the entry sponsorship and EJ at mo-door for the shirts :up:

Spiderman
Sat Mar 17th, 2018, 08:53 PM
Funny how those two cops were following us on bicycles the whole time haha. Had the babysitting cop escort :lol:
Those weren’t cops - they were paramedics.

TorchRedCorvette
Sat Mar 17th, 2018, 09:36 PM
We had a blast! Thanks to EJ and Jim for the sponsorship, Damir and Barn for drinks n stuff, and everyone in general for a great time. 😊
We have a group album going on Facebook, if anyone would like to contribute and share pics.

madvlad
Sun Mar 18th, 2018, 08:50 AM
Those weren’t cops - they were paramedics.

Can't tell the difference, they looked like every other bike cop I've ever seen lol

Grim2.0
Sun Mar 18th, 2018, 11:55 AM
Can't tell the difference, they looked like every other bike cop I've ever seen lol

I have a few pics of them they weren't cops.

madvlad
Sun Mar 18th, 2018, 03:40 PM
They were behind me the whole time so again not sure, they just looked like they were cops when I looked behind me a few times. You guys kept going from front to back and stuff, I stayed rather stationary.

Spiderman
Tue Mar 20th, 2018, 11:17 AM
they just looked like they were cops when I looked behind me a few times.
Sounds to me like you're just paranoid. :p

Spiderman
Tue Mar 20th, 2018, 11:20 AM
They were behind me the whole time...
They passed us at one point (somewhere after the halfway point), that's when I saw the "PARAMEDIC" label across their backs. :D

madvlad
Tue Mar 20th, 2018, 02:26 PM
I wasn't paying attention to be honest. Whatever, it was a fun time nonetheless. Looking forward to the BBQ :up:

Sully
Tue Mar 20th, 2018, 04:04 PM

He totally is :lol:

madvlad
Tue Mar 20th, 2018, 04:35 PM
I'm a brown man in Murica bro, of course I'm paranoid lol

Spiderman
Wed Mar 21st, 2018, 09:49 AM
I'm a brown man in Murica bro, of course I'm paranoid lol
............. :pointlaugh:

~Barn~
Wed Mar 21st, 2018, 11:24 PM

Obama!

madvlad
Thu Mar 22nd, 2018, 06:34 PM
Obama!

:yes:

madvlad
Sat Mar 5th, 2022, 08:24 AM
Not sure if the parade was a thing this year but if there was a parade and the group made it, please post pictures for sure! Going to miss these outings with the group

~Barn~
Tue Mar 8th, 2022, 01:31 PM
That's funny, I just saw a commercial for it. Apparently it's happening this Saturday (3/12). I'm guessing we missed the entry deadline.

madvlad
Tue Mar 8th, 2022, 02:16 PM
Yeah not sure man, Bob is the one that used to do all the logistics for that (I only did breakfast location logistics :lol: ) but since everything went to faceplant, most of it was always put together over there but we used to post on here more for the lurkers