PDA

View Full Version : do you think lane splitting will ever be legal in Colorado?

willc86
Wed May 30th, 2018, 06:51 AM
Pretty much what the title says ha ha, do you think lane splitting will ever be legal in CO?

madvlad
Wed May 30th, 2018, 07:07 AM
Never, hell its legal in California and you see riders getting cut off on the daily on purpose. Even though this is a motorcycle state but that doesn’t make it motorcycle friendly. I think they’ve tried to pass that law before and it gets shut down quickly.

asp_125
Wed May 30th, 2018, 07:42 AM
No way with the drivers around here. Did it a few times in CA and it's nice to move along when traffic is gridlocked. Tempted to do it here but our drivers are idiots.

Kim-n-Dean
Wed May 30th, 2018, 10:47 AM
Should at least be able to go to the front of the line at red lights.

Lived in Cali for a while. Loved that lane splitting is allowed.

willc86
Wed May 30th, 2018, 12:35 PM

yeah this is what I was thinking. I feel traffic (at least in the springs) is not as bad where i need to lane split, but at least in a red light, especially at powers where its a dead red light.

j0ker
Wed May 30th, 2018, 01:03 PM
Just to be clear, there isn't a law in California that legalizes lane splitting. There just isn't a law forbidding it.

j0ker
Wed May 30th, 2018, 01:04 PM

I completely agree about heading to the front of lights. :)

madvlad
Wed May 30th, 2018, 02:44 PM
Just to be clear, there isn't a law in California that legalizes lane splitting. There just isn't a law forbidding it.

Well technically it’s not legal here then either but let’s make it a thing lol

asp_125
Wed May 30th, 2018, 04:20 PM
Technically, filtering forward at lights is not lane splitting. Lane splitting is riding between lanes in moving traffic. That said I support filtering forward at lights.

teamextreme
Wed May 30th, 2018, 10:31 PM
Never say never... I would have never guessed weed would be legal in my lifetime. Having said that, I have a hard time believing it will be legal anytime soon. But considering that besides the one exception in CA, we are mostly the exception to the rule worldwide. In most places lane splitting is common place. Maybe if people travel the world a little more in the future, they'll be more accepting of it....Nah, who am I kidding, "that ain't how we do it in 'Merica!"

mdub
Thu May 31st, 2018, 06:27 AM
I do it. Just to pass a cpl idiots in front of me. The jackasses that see you and prevent you from progressing in your travel...yeah those IDIOTS

~Barn~
Thu May 31st, 2018, 08:22 AM
No. No I do not.

asp_125
Thu May 31st, 2018, 08:41 AM
http://motolf1.wpengine.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/Lane-splitting-states.jpg

PAman
Thu May 31st, 2018, 09:41 PM
so what is the fine if you get caught ?