PDA

View Full Version : Locksmith recommendations?

madvlad
Wed Oct 17th, 2018, 08:43 PM
So long story short bike only came with one key, got a couple blank keys cut yesterday for the R1 but they don’t seem to work very well and don’t want to keep wasting money on these Euro key blanks until I find a locksmith that can cut it properly. Any recommendations out there from those who have had keys cut before and work right off the bat without issues? Looking around the south metro area (Englewood/Littleton/Lakewood/Centennial) preferably but if they’re good enough and trustworthy, I don’t mind traveling a bit to get the keys cut right. Thanks in advance!

longrider
Thu Oct 18th, 2018, 08:19 AM
Englewood Lock and Safe. They are the only place we use at Fay Myers and I also refer all customers buying blanks to them and have never had a complaint. You said Euro key, if you mean the side cut key then you need to go to the Broadway location but if it is a regular key then the S. Yosemite store can do it too.

madvlad
Thu Oct 18th, 2018, 08:46 AM
Englewood Lock and Safe. They are the only place we use at Fay Myers and I also refer all customers buying blanks to them and have never had a complaint. You said Euro key, if you mean the side cut key then you need to go to the Broadway location but if it is a regular key then the S. Yosemite store can do it too.

thanks Paul, yeah they’re the Yamaha Euro keys but just without the chip in them that’s all. The ones they cut yesterday only turn the bike on and then back off one click either way and not very smoothly but they don’t lock the steering at all.