PDA

View Full Version : Oh we need...

DemonRider
Fri Jul 19th, 2019, 01:17 AM
What is everyone upto these days?

Lomax
Thu Aug 8th, 2019, 07:59 PM
I can see this forum is as active as a rock in a tar pit. What happened to CSC? :hibye:

OK I did pick up a new sport bike this year. A whopping 26 HP and super modern design with external valves and all.

The 1944 Nimbus:

https://photos.smugmug.com/Nimbus/i-PckrRKW/0/98e9c688/XL/IMG_3332-XL.jpg

https://photos.smugmug.com/Nimbus/i-pXc8vSw/0/33a0db13/XL/IMG_3338-XL.jpg

I also picked up a cruiser. a 1963 Moto Guzzi Falcone. It is a lot more of monster at 28HP.

https://photos.smugmug.com/Moto-Guzzi-Falcone/i-wqW9fPT/0/f2a6b7f6/XL/DSC03660-XL.jpg

https://photos.smugmug.com/Moto-Guzzi-Falcone/i-5ssZTQ7/0/ebf62762/XL/DSC03668-XL.jpg

Now back to the go fast bikes :headbang:

Marc

blaircsf
Fri Aug 9th, 2019, 11:10 AM
Those are nice looking classics, maybe not quite up to the specs of your other bikes though...

I think forums in general have died off in favor of facebook groups, etc. Some of the really big forums have stayed active, and a few certain niches that facebook frowns on, but a bunch just kind of died off. I know admins of several in essence made the move because they no longer had to maintain the software or pay to host/maintain/etc.

j0ker
Mon Aug 12th, 2019, 03:03 PM
Those are nice looking classics, maybe not quite up to the specs of your other bikes though...

I think forums in general have died off in favor of facebook groups, etc. Some of the really big forums have stayed active, and a few certain niches that facebook frowns on, but a bunch just kind of died off. I know admins of several in essence made the move because they no longer had to maintain the software or pay to host/maintain/etc.

I agree with you. In the last 5 years I have watched my favorite forums just dry up and often shut down.

The Black Knight
Wed Aug 14th, 2019, 09:40 PM

I think that's the main death of forums in general, Facebook. I left Facebook back in 2011 and haven't been back since, but I don't remember there being forums on it when I was there. I mainly used it(Facebook) to play Zynga Poker more than anything else.

I see it as with the advent of more social media and people's attention spans getting shorter and shorter, it was inevitable that forums would start to wane. If it's not in 140 characters or doesn't have the ability to get "likes", then most people aren't into it.

I will say this, that a forum does tend to require more thought process and overall brain power, especially when it comes to debate threads, or threads where you get lots of participation. I remember having some epic debates with members long gone from this forum. Some of the large replies and large threads would take a good amount of time to formulate what I wanted to say, insert facts and have an intelligent delivery from my point of view.

And you're not going to get that kind of dedication or application of oneself when it comes to 140 characters or a "selfie" on instagram.

Today's social media is a reflection of the society in which we live. It's more about getting in harsh digs and insults, rather than sitting down and actually talking things over in a relatively civil manner. People are too polarized to actually sit down and have a coherent discussion with others around them.

That's why I stick to MotoGP and racing anymore. For one there isn't the substantive discussion here on the forum to support discourse between its members in good debate threads or just threads where people converse.

So I stick to racing and that's about it.

Okrapp
Wed Aug 21st, 2019, 07:25 PM
Oh, man. That Nimbus is interesting.

madvlad
Wed Aug 21st, 2019, 07:40 PM
Marc has always had the coolest bikes man, great addition!

Bat
Sat Sep 14th, 2019, 03:04 PM
Lomax/Marc,

The "new" old babies are gorgeous! :up: Just WOW!

Enough to bring me out of the forum cemetery for a few. :) I don't post anymore but I do still ride occasionally. Just one bike for me these days - Argento, my 2017 Ducati Scrambler Icon. Hubby is still riding his 848. Mayhap we'll see you out on the road one of these days!

I'd post pics but tis not working, just as well since they'd be a poor second to those beauties.
Hugs to you (and any from the old gang that still remember me) from :bat:

Captain Obvious
Fri Oct 25th, 2019, 08:53 PM
Is there a CSC facebook page with many of the old farts?

Pretty cool bike Lomax. Always thought I'd like an old Indian.

blaircsf
Sun Oct 27th, 2019, 07:41 PM
The CSC fb group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosportbikeclub/